The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Resolved
Fireplace ExtrodinaireUnusable gas fireplace

We bought a new house which had a gas fireplace installed 10 years ago. It looked great but after spending time going through the burn-in procedures recommended by the manual, the fireplace gave off a metallic odor that made it impossible to run the fireplace for more than a few minutes. Everyone in the house got head aches. We have 2 or 3 different local service technicians come look at the fireplace and none could figure out how to resolve the odor. We had it tested for gas leaks and carbon monoxide or other gases and all came back negative. The odor shows up almost immediately after the fireplace starts up. We carefully looked at all the materials installed around the fireplace and nothing was found that would resolve the problem.

Contacting the company did not solve the problem and having many (6 or more) technicians from multiple companies the fireplace is still unusable. I would not recommend buying any of their fireplaces or you may get burned!

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions

    IN THE NEWS

    Unhappy consumers gather online at Complaintsboard.com and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.