Travis Industries — Fireplace Xtraordinaire
About ten years ago we had an Xtraordinaire woodburning fireplace installed in a new home we had built. It was an incredible unit and heated the entire 550 square foot home. We downsized and in late 2008 had an Xtraordinaire gas insert installed in our new home based on our prior experience with this brand. It worked reasonably well for a couple of months, heating the downstairs living area. Then the remote receiving unit failed, was replaced, and failed again. The unit would not produce much heat and nowhere near what it produced initially. We contacted the dealer and after replacing the regulator (we believe) they were unable to correct the problem. We contacted Travis and a factory rep contacted us. She was very nice, but never came to our home to assess the problem. She told us she had the same unit in her office and the heat was so great she could not even keep it turned on. She felt the problem was the regulator, so she had the dealer who could not correct the problem come out and replace the regulator once again. The thing lights up but produces nowhere near the original level of heat even on full with the fan at the maximum. This turned out to be a very bad purchase. We could have spent $3, 000 elsewhere and gotten a well functioning unit.
As mentioned in another complaint, the area under the unit is a tangle of wires and controls and even though we had it professionally installed, the results were far short of satisfactory.
More Travis Industries Complaints & Reviews
- Travis Industries - Poor quality gas fireplace
- Travis Industries - 564 HO greensmart 2 fireplace
- Travis Industries/Stoves and Stuff - Poor Quality Terrible Customer Service
- Travis Industries - Working for Travis Ind. is terrible
- Travis Industries - faulty circuit board - no warranty - travis dvl gsr2 nb
- Travis Industries - greensmart gas insert fireplace
- Travis Industries - fireplace xtrordinair