FerrellGas — non-response to emergency gas leak, poor customer service
1/10/17 contacted ferrellgas through online form requesting someone come out and check tank because it was showing low status and had just filled in november and wanted it checked out. They called and would not send someone to check until I paid $49 rental fee first.
1/11/17 called ferrellgas local office and spoke with michelle, as I was concerned that my tank usage was extremely high. I had it filled in november and the tank was already at 40% and it typically takes me 12 months to use a full tank. I was treated very poorly by the woman on the phone and she told me that I must have other appliances pulling on the propane and that there was no way that there could be something wrong with the tank. I told her that the high usage only happened after the fill up and she said she could send someone out but she would have to charge me because there was nothing wrong with the tank (She was certain).
1/13/17 paid my own contractor $90.00 to come out and look at tank who confirmed there was a large leak at the tank. I immediately called ferrellgas who dispatched a driver from munds park, az. I received a call from jacob the driver who said his boss was on his way. I was instructed to wait outside. I waited 3 hours and no one showed up. I called jacob and he said I did not have to wait so I left and went to work. When I arrived home on the 14th from work, no one had showed up, my tank was now down to 30%.
1/15/17 I called the emergency dispatch line once again and the agent told me that no one had been dispatched to the service call on friday the 13th so I sat and waited for nothing. She put in another service call. I received a call from the corporate office stating that someone would come out on monday and I asked what was I supposed to do in the mean time. He said he did not know. I am still waiting.
I paid $450.00 for my tank to be filled by ferrellgas along with the $90 for my contractor to come out both of which I expect to be reimbursed for. I have wasted so much time and have been treated horribly. Thank god this leak was not in my house because I could be dead by now with their lack of response.