The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved FerrellGas — low usage fee
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Ferrellgas has charged me a fee for NOT using a service. I pay an annual rental fee for their propane tank, and they have the arrogance to charge a fee for not filling the tank every year. I do not have that in writing on the agreement I signed with Ferrellgas, and they cannot tell me when the charge started to be in effect. From my understanding of Interstate Commerce law (Ferrellgas is based in Kansas I believe), a person cannot be charged if no goods or services are exchanged. This is quite different than an annual credit card usage fee, the service I am getting is the right to use the card if I wish, and I am paying for the line of credit. In this case, I already pay for the 'priviledge' of having this company provide me with propane, by paying the rental fee, and then I pay for the gas I consume in addition to the rental fee. But, in this case, no goods or services are being exchanged, so how is the fee lawful? Anyway, I was able to find a company in Sarasota that does not charge a 'low usage' fee (Detweiler's Propane), and hopefully others can find local providers that are not into illegal gouging.
More FerrellGas Complaints & Reviews
- FerrellGas - price gouge, harassed to leave!
- FerrellGas - fraud and cheating!
- FerrellGas - unauthorized delivery & lp charges!
- FerrellGas - deceptive billing
- FerrellGas - awful company
- FerrellGas - gas delivery
- FerrellGas - filling tanks
- FerrellGas - propane delivery company
- FerrellGas - prices & service
- FerrellGas - illegal charge to remove tank