Feit Electricled bulbs model nos. bpcea800/927/led/3 and ceom60/927/4 9.5 watts

D

I bought the first bulbs (Bpcea800/927/led/3) with the fins back in june, august, and september of 2015 at costco. I've already had about a half dozen of these being replaced. Each time, I reported the bad bulbs, feit would send me a newer model (Ceom60/927/4) without the fins which is an updated model.In the past, feit never asked me to return the bad bulbs even though I asked them if they wanted me to do so. The customer service reps advised me that it was not necessary.

Today, I reported to their customer service rep that this newer model has burnt out which was sent to me about 6 months ago. This time, I was told that in order to get a replacement under warranty that I had to return this burnt out bulb. I would have to pay shipping costs. Well, this didn't sit well with me. Feit has quality control problems with these bulbs as they did with their earlier model, and based on the bad reviews here, this is a strong indication that they have yet to refine the production of them. As far as i'm concerned, if they want the bad bulbs, they should either send me a prepaid shipping label, or just forget about returning them, inasmuch as the bad quality of their bulbs is their problem. I keep asking myself, how many more of these bad bulbs may last barely a year with a warranty of five years.In effect, I can't trust these bulbs with them lasting five years, let alone a year or two. Why should I incur additional, unwarranted, costs for these bulbs? I bought them to save money, not to prop up a company that will not stand behind its bad products.

It's a hassle and a terrible inconvenience to me in buying these bad bulbs. I doubt that I will buy them again. Costco continues to sell these bulbs knowing the bad reviews they are getting on their own website. Costco's rating on these bulbs is a star of 1 out of 5 stars. Our in-laws back in tennessee bought these same bulbs from costco based on what what we were doing to save on our electrical bills. They too have had to return burnt out bulbs no sooner than when they bought and installed them. I believe the few bad reviews here are a drop in the bucket. Costco should inform feit that they should be held accountable for the return of their bad bulbs.

What I have written here is virtually the same as I posted at costco's website.

• Updated by Dushan29 · Dec 23, 2016

Today, I received a telephone call from the Asst. Manager, FEIT customer service. She wanted to know about my concerns with these bad bulbs. Well, I explained to her that I should not have to be required to return their bad bulbs at my shipping costs. I stated that these bulbs don't meet quality control standards when so many complaints have been documented at Costco's, and other websites. Further, I had been upset with one of their customer reps many months ago regarding their quality control standards. That particular rep accused of something I didn't say. So, I informed the Manager that this was very poor customer service to accuse a customer of something I said when it was not factual. I asked the Manager if calling me was a result of my filing this complaint. The Manager said she was calling me as a matter of a follow-up on customer service. So, I don't know if the call was a result of this complaint. In any case, after I vented out about their company, a new bulb would be sent to me, and I didn't have to return their burnt out bulb. Further, the Manager gave me an extension number to call at any time in the future regarding any more burnt out bulbs.

I'm pleased that I got a response from FEIT. I may take additional steps to further document this matter so that it becomes a matter of public records. I'm also going to do a follow-up with Costco. They should not be selling these bulbs when so many are returned. My hope is not to call FEIT again. I really don't like going through this process and getting upset about it. My entire home, 4BR/3B is outfitted with most of these and other FEIT bulbs. I never had to do this when my home used mostly fluorescent bulbs. I've kept FEIT's original package of the finned bulbs where it states in advertising, "Lasts over 22 years" with an asterisk, "Based on 3 hours of use per day these bulbs will last 22.8 years, " and an additional ad spec of "25, 000 Hour Life"

• Fo
    Forever noMore Mar 16, 2017

LED's should last for years, but there is no money in something you never have to replace. Almost all of these bulbs that I have purchased have failed within 6 months. Horrible company and should be avoided at ALL costs. spend the same money and buy from a "good" company.

• Le
    Lee Larsen Jan 23, 2017

I just bought a 4 pak of these same LED lights and first installed them in a brand new light fixture in our new sunroom. I loved the way the room looked with the light on at night for a few hours while we are moving about the house. I figured low wattage, low cost, and many years of use. GREAT. The first bulb lasted maybe 3 weeks. Interesting that in this fixture the bulb is out in the open and horizontal. No matter what I did it would not come on. I got a new LED bulb from the pak and it worked. I then took the older bulb and inserted it in a fixture in the basement where it hangs upside down. It worked and continues to do so even though it is rarely used in that area. Now however the new bulb in the sunroom burned out after just a couple of weeks! No matter what I do or where I put it, it is dead. I can't even get a month on these bulbs much less 22 years! Photo attached. You are not going to stay in business with quality control like this. Feit CFL bulbs were not that great either but at least for the cheap price they lasted long enough for the company not to get flooded with complaints. It is easy to forget after a year or so just when you installed the bulb. In weeks even with my short memory I know there is a big problem. Maybe try moving production back to the good old USA and you might have something. If you are experiencing this same problem do not remain silent. Give it to them with everything you got in order to grab their attention and the public's too, including those at Costco. We pay big bucks to shop there and we want top merchandise or I will go back to Sam's Club. In Green Bay, WI

Comments