FactoryOutletStore.comunfair refund practices

H Review updated:

This company has outrageously bad business practices and does not act in good faith. I bought an Oregon Scientific projection clock from them that was defective. There was no RMA and I had to pay the return shipping. Fortunately, I shipped it insured. When no refund was charged to my account after two months, I called and they claimed I never received it. I spent an hour and a half on line at 3 different post offices to find out that they had in fact received it. I called back and they stalled saying they had to check with the warehouse. Then they gave me a partial refund. I called back and they said there was a restocking charge. I told them the unit was defective and there should be no restocking charge. They agreed to refund the difference. I checked my credit card and they only partially refunded the difference. I called back and they explained that they did not refund shipping. I explained that the receipt indicated that there was no charge for shipping. How could they hold back a shipping charge? They said, "Well, that's our process".

This is not a company to do business with. They are irresponsible, incompetent, and unethical.

• C
      Nov 01, 2010

My Husband order humminbird 798ci si fishfinder combo on the 10-26-2010.And they said they have one in stock.Now he has call them and ask them when well he get it.And they told he it's out of stock and he won't get it til the first of jan.So they have charger his credit card 1049.99.He told them to credit his account back on his charged card and they are giving him the running round.So people do not order anything from this company They are incompetent.This is a bad company.cherokee fox

• D
      Dec 21, 2010

I purchased an above ground pet containment system from this company in May. It began to have issues soon after I purchased it. I contacted the inital manufacturer and communicated the problems. They informed me I would have to go back to the FactoryOutlet company since I purchased the system from them although according to the mfg. it has a 1 year full warranty. I contacted the factory outlet company on Dec. 20, and was told that they have a 30 day warranty and that they do not stand behind the products that they sell if the purchase is over 30 days old. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I was speaking to the supervisor and that there wasn't anyone else I could speak to.
    Needless to say, I will never purchase anything from this company again and will be reporting them to the BBB. I strongly recommend that anyone else pass on them as well. I agree with the other comment above...they are unethical, irresponsible, incompetent and uncaring. My money will be spent elsewhere.

• D
      Jun 17, 2011

I bought a set of brand new wireless earphones and FactoryOutletStore sent me a used devise with (i am not exaggerating) ear residue in the ear plugs (see attached pictures) then they put the burden of the sipping on me to send the devise back to them. I would do it but after reviewing the previous complaints I would be screwed again if the repeat the mistake or make a new one. They were rude when I called them. You can contact me at [protected]@gmail.com for more information.

• C
      Nov 04, 2011

I ordered a Plantronics SR1 Stereo PC Headset with USB Connection. When I opened the package, there was no USB Connection. I contacted Factory Outlet Store - Brooklyn, NY and after being placed on hold for at least 20 minutes, was told to return the product but was told they do not provide return labels. I reminded them it was their error; they misrepresented the product. I even offered to hand deliver the headset to prevent paying shipping charges and was told I am not allowed on the premises. I had no choice but to return the item at my expense for an error they made. I did receive a refund for the pruchase but not the return shipping charges. Buyer beware! This is not a good company to do business with.