Andy3455 Jan 21, 2020

Extendnet - trading as Xtreme IT Limited, Company number [protected] on Companies House - has been playing the system for years now, at paying customers' expense. They get struck off the Register regularly for failing to provide required accounts, then pop up again months later, reregistered with Companies House, only to do the same thing over and over again.

There is clearly advantage in this for Extendnet, but none for their customers, who suffer with long outages, collapsed email delivery systems and no online support (and I mean NO SUPPORT). Urgent help tickets are left unanswered or are closed by the 'support team' (probably just one person, eh Barry?). We all know what kind of companies engage in this kind of Sharp practice...

This situation has been going on for *years*, and it is depressing that customers themselves are unable to do much about it unless they take legal action directly against Extendnet, a course most people won't want to take, or just leave this awful company which, as can be seen by many complaints here and elsewhere on the web regarding failure to transfer domain names, is deliberately made very difficult by Extendnet themselves.

Where is the regulator with teeth that should be dealing with this company?

John Smith of England Feb 01, 2017

Looks like they apparently went into liquidation in 2015 - as they were issued with a Companies House "Strike Off" notice in 2015
    But have been happily trading since - very naughty
    Looks like the Director / owner - Amanda Sharp has her fingers in a lot of pies - all faceless internet companies - that manage to escape through the net when things get a little tough.

• Bo
    Boycie Jan 31, 2017

Over the past 2 weeks I have had several server issues. One of them was significant enough for me to E-mail to extendnet for an update as to what the problem was and when this was to be resolved. They didn't respond to me, but the service resumed to normal so I didn't think anything more about it. Yesterday E-mail totally failed to operate. Can't send can't receive. Extendnet net ticket system also will not allow me to log in, and therefore I am powerless to communicate with them, as they have no phone number. This is beyond unacceptable, and so I am waiting till 8am to speak to a new provider and move my hosting. There is no excuse for non-existent customer service in this day and age, and the excuse of not having a phone service to keep costs low is just a cop out.

John Murrell Jan 22, 2017

I agree that extendnet is failing - my site hosted on extendnet was hacked but it is a simple site and I could see no way they got in via my website so I assume it was from the extendnet servers. My ticket about this was never replied to and was eventually closed by them with no response.
    I have now had a 'bounced email' from yahoo.mail stating that they are delaying mail from the extendnet IP address due to the ammount of spam received.

Looks like it is time to change service providers ??

maria6 May 04, 2016

Can someone who is knowledge give me some advice. My website (hosted by Extednet) has disappeared. It seems that my 'contract' expired last month but I was not sent a renewal notice. However, I have no idea what to do now. How can I retried my website (it was a Wordpress site). I have very little knowledge in this kind of stuff. really don't know what to do. Thank you.

• Ra
    Raymond D Wright Nov 23, 2015

Looks like something is seriously wrong at Extendnet. One of the websites I have hosted by them went down more than a week ago and my trouble ticket has been ignored. I'm going to move my websites away from them as soon as I can. The home addresses of the two directors is on the UK Companies House website. I'm going to have to write to them by recorded delivery to get any response.

• Al
    alarmingman Nov 09, 2015

Having difficulty with any responses at present. Have had problems with timely responses in last 12 mths. Time to move on, methinks

• Ah
    ahgt12 Mar 09, 2014

Unfortunately Extendnet.co.uk has been very bad lately, in terms of service and support. I made two separate support requests in the past 10 months, on two different issues with my hosting, and apart from the standard reply email copying my question back to me, I got no answer, ever, despite politely resending the questions a week or two later.

Their support is now non-existent - just look at other reviews of them on the web. Web hosting with no support at all is worse than useless. I moved away last month (hassle there too) and just really glad to get away from them. My new host actually answers and solves support queries! :)

Extendnet: get your act together or close down and let your long-suffering customers move to decently supported hosting.

• Na
    natzy Apr 17, 2013

I've used ExtendNet for a couple of years and not had any issues. When I have contacted them i have always got a reply in 24 hours or less.