I was approached by a telemarketer about a vacation in Orlando Florida, and since we had thought about going there soon, I was willing to listen.
They promised me 5 nights two bedroom suite in Orlando, nights in Florida east coast, 2 cruises for 2 people each for up to 7 days and 4 nights in Cancun all inclusive.
I would have 24 month to use the vacation certificate and could book the cruise and the Orlando vacation together since it is quite a long distance from Canada.
I could cancel indefinitely and would get my money back.
I was not sure if I wanted the package but they said just cancel when your husband does not want this...
So I signed up for it and gave them my credit card number for the 299 US.
When I received the welcome e-mail, the same day, it stated completely different rules, I had only 12 month to travel, have to book the cruise 90 days in advance and can only book that after I was in Orlando, and the package is only refundable for 30 days.
I have called them the same day, talked to a person who put me through to a manager, Josh, who promised me to look into it and rectify everything for me, he would call me back in the next hour...never received a call, that was on Dec. 30. 2014.
I did not call till Monday following, since it was a holiday weekend and I thought they need time to work on it.
When I called again Monday Jan 5th, I was told that if I want to cancel they have to forward this to a manager who would call me back in the next 3 days, I waited for another week.
I called again on January 12th, (talked to Jenny) and was told that the last week did not count for the three days since they were so busy, so I would have to wait another 3 days.
Did that, did not get a call.
Called again on January 16th, an automatic voice told me I would be first in line, I could hear the click, to put me in the waiting line every couple of minutes and had waited 45 minutes.
Hung up and hid my number and called again, got somebody after 2 minutes, (talked to Brian) when I very politely asked to be forwarded to a manager he did not want to and when I told him my certificate number he checked it and said just one minute, and hung up on me...
I have called another time, got hung up too.
I have contacted my credit card company to get my money back and I will contact the better business bureau and I have contacted RCI.
I am sick and tired of this game and this is really not helping to make time share more attractive to anyone.
I will spread the word about this resort and this time share.