ExperianTerrible experience

R

I have not used credit of any kind in years. In April I wanted to purchase a pre owned Nissan and assumed I had nothing but good reports on my credit. I learned that I have good reports, but also had reports that did not belong to me such as owing $28, 000 for a vehicle, credit card accounts I never opened, married to people I don't know and living in towns I don't know. I was able to purchase a vehicle but the interest rate is a killer. Of course, one cannot speak to an individual at the credit bureaus; you have to write and I am still wanting for a response. This will take forever, but in the here and now my credit score is suffering. These agencies do not even try to keep things straight in your file. How does this happen? All three need to be sued, maybe then they would provide better service. They have too much power and no consequences for errors.

• St
    stupid- Jun 04, 2012

Read the fine print clown.

jason333 May 22, 2012

i applied for a credit check which was only suppose to be 1$. now i see that $ 19.00 is being taking out. i want this to stop.

• Ry
    ryan19107 May 16, 2012

I tried for my annual free credit report and it gave me a form to fil out and mail into the company. The two other credit bureuas gave me access. I also tried going directly to website as I was denie credit recently and they said to call a number. I called the number and tried to order on the phone it said I couldn't and would have to mail in information to them. Is this Experians way of not honoring the law and pressuring you into buying their products?

• Ml
    MLG44 Jan 14, 2012

We haven't resolve this yet as we just found it this evening, but we did file a report with the FTC (we searched for FTC and filed a report online in about 15 minutes, trying to help put a stop to this!) and will contact our bank in the morning. We had at least 3 charges (monthly)of $14.95 each that are fraudulent from EXPERIAN *FR 18500 Von Karman Avenue877-3002507 CAUS. We did not receive or request any services.

• Gh
    Ghost of DocJ Oct 08, 2011

Thanks Brenda.

• charles v miller III Oct 07, 2011

Being charged for a service I do not want. Can not celcel via telephone, email, or telephone. $17.95 monthly. Help.

• Pa
    pastorbill Jun 11, 2010

I have been contacting Experian to cancell my membership at their customer service web site for 4 months and today I discovered that they are still taking out of my credit card account $14.95 a month. I even told them I was going to lodge a complait or two but that does not seem to make a difference. I only become a member last year when we were buying a house. I had to do that in order to get my credit cleared after they had accepted information from someone else's accout. I would like them to cancel my account and give me back some of my money.

• Cu
    Cubinator Apr 23, 2010

I decided to clean up my credit or lack of since I was now a senior citizen living with my daughter and wanted to not owe anyone anything, as required by my religious beliefs. I wanted to get a list of old bills and clear up any discrepancies. I started with annualcreditreport.com which is free. I knew not to get all 3 at once. I would start with Experian and after that company, move to another and gradually make sure my credit report was good. I do not worry about my low score. I have always paid cash for purchases.

I received my report back aafter a lot of correspondence because a mortgage bill was on it that wasn't mine. They would give me no information about it but after threats of contacting the Federal Trade Commission, I received my report. I accepted the medical bills and carefully wrote reasons why I disputed the charged off Verizon bill ( closed and owed nothing, sent modem back), and other bills, Cox Cable paid a year later to make sure I had nothing else added. They refused to accept my explanations and reopened the charged off bills. And said thank you for updating our information. They did not have my new address before. I have not ben able to get any more response from them. The same happened from Experian, only they said I had a car loan in my name, too. I disputed that as I do not even have a license anywhere, and my explanations were ignored. Again, thank you for updating our information. There were 5 ladies with my name in the area I moved from.

Martha Martinez-Johnson Jul 20, 2009

I am old and computer tecnology is not one of my better talents. I wrote my concerns way back on November 21, 2017. I don't think it should be been shredded. I would have appreciated that correspondence be forwarded to the appropriate department. I received no acknowledgment and no response. The only reason I found this information was because my mortgage company is paying for triple advantage services because my information was sold by one of their employees. He was arrested but the information had already been sold. I believe there has got to be a way to contact a person to be able to communicate with.

Martha Martinez-Johnson Jul 20, 2009

On November 21, 2017, I submitted a letter to experian letting them know that the entry on my credit report on page 6, with the Company Name of Arrow Financial Service and the entry on page 17, with the name JC Penny were one in the same bill. JC Penny turn this bill over to Arrow Financial Service and I paid the bill. Since that time I have applied for another JC Penny card and that is still active. The old JC Penny bill is over seven years old. It should have been removed. I am requesting that Arrow Financial Service and the old JC Penny account be removed at this time. According to Triple advantage my letter was sherreded and it was necessary to dispute it. I am not disputing that it occurred, I just want the information deleted if it is outdated. I want to request a new copy of my credit report for review.

Thanking you in advance,

Martha Martinez-Johnson

• Da
    david jensen Mar 30, 2008

I was told I could get my credit report for free. Then I was asked
    for my credit card number for identification purposes. Then
    there was about a thousand lines of terms & conditions from
    sponsors & all that legal jargon which I don't even begin to
    understand. I skipped thru all that stuff, (why go into all that
    when my report is free, right?). So. I continued to submit
    information because how could it matter if my report was going
    to be free. I trusted them, (I can't remember the names of all
    the scammers & didn't write everything down, why?, it's going
    to be FREE!. ). Then I got to the part where it said $24.00 would
    be taken out imediatly for some reason or other when I clicked on
    the submit sign. Well, I didn't click on it & exited the site. I
    thought it was all over & everything would be null & void.
    Now I see that $14.95 has been charged to my credit card. I know
    I'm not the smartest person with understanding things, but this
    is clearly an offer which takes advantage of people like me. They
    bait you with all this FREE crap & then take your money.
    I understand they may have me legally, but far as I'm concerned, they're nothing but sneak thieves. Taking advantage
    of people in this manner should warrent a jail sentence. They're
    a very low form of people.
    I'm hopeing there's something you can do about my situation &
    put a stop to this for the sake of other not so educated people also.
    With Respect,