Expedia — flight booking
On July 16, 2018 I booked a flight on line with Expedia. I selected a direct flight from Boston to Memphis Tn, Delta 2832, Depart Boston 3:10, Atlanta Delta 2067 To Memphis arrive time 7:18.
Upon booking then Paying! I received email showing exactly this however there was a Itinerary attached, The email stated there was no reason to call my reservation was confirmed. Well my reservation the way the email I received from Expedia showed which is exactly what I had booked was correct but the Itinerary had us leaving Boston at 5:09 going to Detroit then to Memphis and arriving after 9:00 PM which made us too late to participate in a Wedding Reception we had planned.
I found this out after opening the Itinerary however there was nothing I could do. I did by Insurance but was never offered or no suggestions made to help correct this.
The problem I have is Expedia should not have allowed this booking and payment to take place due to the Itinerary made immediately upon payment was not what I had booked! I should have been told or prohibited from booking the flight departing Boston at 3:10 if it did not exist Or was full. That is the problem here. I should not have been allowed to key in that route and times if it was not available and it was not available. But once I paid and paid the insurance you had me and my wife. This is not right. Had the booking stopped like it should have we would have worked to get something that fit our plans.
It is very unlikely we will ever use Expedia again. This could and should have not happen on July 16 for a September 15th flight.
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - refund itinerary # 7343531174502 
- Expedia - expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers
- Expedia - canceled flight
- Expedia - illegal business practices 
- Expedia.com - my hotel was not booked, but I was charged