Having problems with Expedia?

Expedia reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 18, 2006. The latest review Refused refund was posted on Oct 21, 2021. The latest complaint expedia refusing to pay hotel was resolved on Jul 25, 2019. Expedia has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 916 reviews. Expedia has resolved 117 complaints.

Expedia Customer Service Contacts

1866 310 5768 (United States)
1800 469 1793 (Canada)
1866 348 7330 (Belgium)
1800 563 0600 (Mexico)
+1 404 728 8787 (USA & International)
+44 203 024 8211 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 745 (Australia)
+64 99 131 849 (New Zealand)
+45 43 682 060 (Denmark)
+353 15 245 005 (Ireland)
+31 202 008 459 (Netherlands)
+41 445 112 000 (Switzerland)
+852 30 774 857 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 249 556 (Malaysia)
+65 64 155 555 (Singapore)
+66 27 873 383 (Thailand)
+54 19 493 334 949 (Argentina)
333 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Expedia Customer Service. Initial Expedia complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Expedia above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Expedia. Discuss the issues you have had with Expedia and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Expedia Complaints & Reviews, Page 17

Expediaairline reservations

Booked flights from Vancouver to Kahului, Maui with Westjet, now that we are leaving tomorrow (Oct 21) wanted to check in on line and select seats (24 hrs before)but found out from Westjet that we can't do this, have to wait and do at airport.This means extra time and no chance of getting good seats.Makes me wonder why I am booking thru you, there is definitely no benefit to me.Why when I book thru Expedia I can't check in on line?
Sylvia and Gary Miller
[protected]@yahoo.ca

Expediaflight booking

I am writing in to express my discontentment about my recent round-trip flight experience booked under Expedia (Itinerary # [protected]) to Kuala Lumpur and back from 5 to 7 October 2018.

I had topped up for flight difference in package price for Singapore Airlines (flight's package was for budget carrier). However, only to my utter dismay during the day of flight check-in at the boarding counter did I find out that the flight was for SilkAir.

If I had known the flight was SilkAir and not Singapore Airlines right from the beginning, I would have proceeded to opt for budget airline instead.

May I know why is this the case? It is entirely misleading to display Singapore Airlines and SilkAir with the same departure and arrival timings (refer to enclosed screenshot), only to be operated by SilkAir instead. Also, what re-inforced it further was that it displayed the flight number as SQ 5316 for departure from Singapore and SQ 5303 for arrival. Isn't SQ meant for Singapore Airlines?

I hope to receive reasonable clarification on this matter.

Respond

Expediarefund turned into unauthorized withdrawal

I was told I would be getting a refund ( confirmation # 018029 )
      for $198.00, I have documents to provide for proof. I checked my M & T account one hour later and it was withdrawn from checking account kicking me negative. No one could provide me with any answers, the resolution dept female named Shanna, was very rude and did not do anything to try and help.
      Complaint filed with bank and I am still negative and waiting.
      # 3vlj44
      PLEASE SOMEONE CALL WITH EXPLANATION
      YOU TOOK MY MONEY AND CREATED HARDSHIP
      Jennifer Blimline
      [protected]
      I will see attorney if need be.
      I have all docs and photos of bank account

Respond

Expediadouble charged for hotel stay

I booked a room at Hotel G San Francisco on the 5th of August 2018 for the dates 9-14 October 2018. My credit card was charged by Expedia $2290 on the 8th August. I confirmed with staff member Dallas that the room was already paid for via Expedia when I checked in on the 8th Of October, and paid Hotel G directly for an extra night at that stage. I now return to Australia to find that Hotel G has charged my credit card directly $2198.56 for the same 9-14 October stay. I need this money refunded as this is obviously completely inappropriate! Receipt from Expedia and credit card statements attached.

Expediaairline ticket

I purchased an airline ticket through the company website a month ago. The flight was about to depart on 6:15 am on October 11, 2018. Due to unannounced Motorway closures in departure city, I could not make to the airport until just before the flight. I was lucky enough to get past security at the airport and head off to the gate in under 10 minutes in a large airport like Heathrow. However when I arrived at the gate, it was closed although it was still 5 minutes prior to departure time and I learned later that the flight departed at 6:11 instead of 6:15. I was told by the gate staff that I needed to see someone from airline assistance team team who were going to rebook me on the next flight with no charges. I reached out to the airline assistance team who said that I was late for the flight and they wanted me to pay GBP1155 in order to reissue the ticket. Because this was out of my budget I decline and head back out of the airport trying to find an alternative flight. An hour later I received an email from expedia.com stating that the airline changed my flight into another flight departing at 10:40 the same day. The email asked me whether I accept those change and if I did not to call expedia to discuss the airline options which as limited as the email stated. Out of joy I hit accept changes button and head back to the airport. I tried to check in at the airport when I was told that I needed to speak with the ticketing office as my ticket had not been reissued yet. I went to speak with ticketing office who advised that I would need to pay GBP950 for the ticket to be issued to the 10:40 flight despite expedia failing to mention anything about additional payment. I called expedia. who as expected blamed it all on me rather than trying to offer help. Being disappointed by expedia's response I had to purchase another ticket and I paid the full fare for another airline instead of the original airline I was flying with.

Expedia — car rental

I have been booking car hire from your agent with Toyota Altis price 6, 620 Baht whereas they confirmed me...

Bangkok

Expedia — car rental

Dear Hotwire/Expedia I am very disappointed with our recent car rental through your agency, Hotwire. The...

Expediavan rental from avr

The advertising of AVR on your website says that the miles are UNLIMITED, but they say they give only 250 miles per day when a local person rents it. When I protested they told me it is my fault not reading all the policies carefully.

I think, the first of all, the advertising is misleading. They should mention it clearly, even in a small letters right next to "unlimited miles."

Second, even in the policies, it is not mentioned under the title "mileage". It is mentioned in "Other" section. Who will read all those fine letters when it is hidden like that?

Third, when I protested why it is different from advertising, their agent didn't explain why and didn't tell me that I could save money if my friend from other country rent it and she was right there with me when I rent the van. When I returned the van, I had to pay $204.25 more.

I really think advertising has to be written clearly and honestly.

AVR is not doing an honest business. You should get rid of that company from your list of car companies.

Sung Suh
            Consumer who rented a van on Sep. 29 to Oct 6, 2018.

Respond

Expedia — flight time changed without notice

I booked a flight for my daughter to fly from Fresno to San Diego on Sept. 29, Alaska flight #3477 at 8am...

Expedia — expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers

In may 2018, my wife and I went to singapore. From there I booked a free and easy trip with expedia.com. Sg...

Expediahotel

I had a link Checking hotels Expedia listed the rate as 79 dollars I clicked on 79 I was not able
              To open the
              Confirmation for about 5-6 hours once I opened it I was actually charged 102 a night and not 79? I am also filing a complaint with the Attornwy General if I do
              Not get a rsaponse. Basiclly you guys offered me one rate I clicked on that rate but I was charged another rate

Respond

Expediaflight reservation canceled without notification

Hello, I booked a flight on September 7th 2018 with Expedia: Itinerary #
                [protected], Confirmation WVYMPL (Alaska Airlines), Ticket # [protected]. On the next day as book I noticed that I had been charged twice for the ticket. I called and was told that they fixed the error. They said my new information would be Confirmation # WOBVLY, Ticket # [protected]. The same day, I had a miscommunication with my family regarding who was booking the ticket, so my sister accidentally booked the same flight for me through the site Cheap Tickets. When we discovered this, she immediately canceled the reservation she had made (and got a refund) and I kept mine through Expedia.

When I arrived at the airport this morning, I was told that I had no reservation with Alaska Air. I tried both confirmation numbers and was told they were canceled. After being on hold with Expedia and passed around for over an hour (missing the flight), I was told that my booking was canceled back in September "because of a double booking." They said it looked like the airline had canceled it. I didn't know that this had happened and had no way of knowing. I certainly did not cancel my booking, and I had absolutely no idea that even COULD happen. Can an airline simply cancel based on two passengers with the same name (booked through two completely separate sites), especially when one was canceled just a few minutes after booking? What if that hadn't been me. And how are passengers not notified when this happens? I know that the airline canceling is out of your control, but notifying your customers of a change in their itinerary is absolutely part of your responsibility.

The agent on the line argued that I should have seen the refund on my credit card, but the refund did not post for quite a while and I had assumed that any refund on my credit card was from the original double charge, NOT from a complete cancelation of my whole reservation. I did not receive any email from Expedia or the airline about the cancelation. This is completely unacceptable. Because of this complete failure to communicate with me, I was forced to rebook a last minute flight which was a huge financial hardship, but still needed to be done since I needed to get home unfortunately due to a sick family member.

I feel outraged that I had evidence of a purchased a ticket with a solid confirmation number, had spent all of that money, and missed the day of work only to find out about the cancelation 2 hours before I was supposed to be in the air. There is no excuse for this. I needed to be contacted if something changed in my reservation, especially if I had not been the one to make that change. Even if I had made the cancelation myself (which I didn't), I would have received a confirmation email.

Also, when I was on the phone with Expedia I still didn't get clear answers on how the double booking happened-- if it was from my sister's accidental charge or from the mess up with that double charge from back on September 7th. So I'm still even slightly unclear about how this happened, but this is the best that I understand it. I know this is all confusing, but what I know for sure is that I should have been notified back in September by Expedia when Alaska canceled my ticket so that I had time to rebook and did not find out on the day of my flight.

Ideally, I would like a reimbursement for the difference in the two tickets.

Expediacancellations

Case# s-[protected]. We had made two reservations. We had a medical emergency surgery come up for my wife and cancelled both weekends online. One weekend cancelled and the other did not. We were subsequently charged $864.57 as a no show by the hotel. We have made several calls to Expedia and they have failed to help and resolve this situation and retain a long time customer. Disgusted and completely dissatisfied with Expedia. No wonder they have a 1 in 5 star rating.

Expediahotel room serration fee

I was charged a $32.84 fee for reserving a hotel room. I have never been charged for this fee on any previous reservations.
                    Is Expedia overcharging customers? I agree on charges for the hotel room plus taxes associated with it but to pay a reservation fee, on top of that?
                    If this company is overcharging customers, this company should be investigated.
                    The date of the reservation was September 30, 2018.
                    My reservation was for the Extended Stay in Houston (4701 Westheimer Rd
                    Houston Texas 77027.
                    Confirmation # R1253115233 The reservation was originally for a two day stay
                    at $60.74 a day. The total charged was $177.31. $121.48 total fee for 2 days + $32.84 for reservation charges + $22.99 Tax
                    I later cancelled the 2 day stay and rebooked for 1 day.

Respond

Expediacharged on my credit when the booking said transaction incomplete.

In July I attempted numerous times with two different credit cards to pay for a business class ticket from Nice, France to Savannah, Georgia. Every time the site said transaction incomplete.

I went to my local travel agency and booked a flight

Today, I received an email saying my Expedia flight leaves in 2 days. What? The website said the transaction did not go through.

After being on the phone an hour and a half with 3 different people, I was told, no refund will issued.

Outrageous.

I have used this company for many years. About 11 times in 2018 alone. I am finished with this company. It has gone downhill. No one cares.

I got scammed.

I will contact my bank and request a chargeback on my American Express card and write complaints to the BBB and attorney general.

Dr. Maximilian Tedeschi

Respond

Expedia — booking a hotel room in amsterdam

I was in the Netherlands in July on July 17&18 I tried to book a hotel near the Schiphol Airport. I tried 3...

Vancouver

Expedia — no response from my complaint letter sent by mail

I sent by mail to your physical address a complaint letter reporting an incident affecting my family and I...

Burnaby

Expedialack of service for an airline reservation

On approximately September 18th, 2018 I made an airline reservation online THRU EXPEDIA. I received no email confirmation from Expedia, so called the following day. They had NO RECORD of my reservation. The representative then told me to CALL MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO VALIDATE MY DOLLAR CHARGES. I felt insulted with his total lack of assistance. I called United and they CONFIRMED my reservation and sent me a confirmation. I then sent an email to Expedia asking for an email confirmation . . no reply. I also have a $15 credit and sent an email asking them to credit it to my recent reservation . . no reply.

Respond

Expedia — flight cancellation and "cancellation insurance"

Good Evening, I purchased a round trip flight from Denver to Houston on Sept 2, 2018. At the time, I also...

Expedia — lost reservation

Today my husband, Stephen Fick, flew into Philadelphia airport and went to the Dollar rental counter where...