Etsy.comavoid this website at all costs

L

The etsy website suckers people who cannot sell effectively on ebay by using the 'artists' ebay idea. They charge you small amounts to tell you they will advertise for you while showing you no proof.

If you violate their very vague TOS they will shut down your entire store, even if you have 100 items in the store and only one was in violation. They clarify all the vague nonsense in their poorly written TOS by informing you that they can shut down your store for ANY reason at their descretion. Any. Their words.

If they remove your storefront for ANY reason you will be responsible for all relisting fees and for all lost monies invested into advertisement and reclaiming your store is no easy task.

Example: if you sell 100 rings, and one of those violates TOS then they remove your entire store. In order to get it back you must email or call them and go through their process which is inept and tedious. Then you must actually ask them to return YOUR store as well as explain why you deserve it back, lol. I have to laugh at that I'm so so sorry. Then you must relist the other 99 rings, paying the etsy.com thieves twice for the item to list.

There is NO to LITTLE consumer security and every transaction is an at-risk transaction. Every single one.

Buyers and sellers have no idea they are placing their monies and lives into the hands of some people who cannot effectively maintain security on their site NOR handle the amount of artist traffic therefore not supplying promises regardless if consumers have PAID.

Overall...go back to eBay. At least, though overpriced, they are secure, professional and trustworthy.

...in my opinion.

Angela Britt Jul 02, 2016

I am an avid online shopper and keep trying out various shopping sites. I ordered two items with etsy. The one which was delivered had little similarity with the one posted in the website and the second item never got delivered. I mailed both the seller and etsy but neither of them replied or refunded my payment. Very disappointing. I now have discovered another very good similar shopping site itshandicraft.com. I have bought a few things and am satisfied with the quality. Very affordable prices too.

Mary Ann Neglia Jul 27, 2016

I have been an avid shopper of ETSY for some time now. NEVER had a problem with the vendors...until today.

My conversation with the CinLyn Boutique was NASTY, This person spoke to me as if I were a child..(I am 68). I was in the Fashion
    Business for MANY MANY YEARS and would NEVER have addressed a customer in that way !

Please read the conversation and lget back to me with some type of resolve...Thank you

[email protected]