Etisalatinternet not owrking properly

Dear Sir,

Etisalat,

I have a shamil connection, Past almost one month i am having problem with the net...like suddenly the connection cutss of and show the site is not openning error.I have to always restart the modem then it works and have the same problem after it.I heard of the obtics connections the problem is happening can you please inform me what is the exact source of the problem.

Rectify the issue please...can work properly with this issue.

Regards,

More information

• Ha
    HAL-9000 Apr 15, 2010

Hi Ali
    Can you please mention how to use static ip with FTTH. I mean if I do ipconfig/all in command promt then two sets of configs(ip address, default gateway, subnet mask, DNS e.t.c) show up. Maybe one is for GPON and the other on is for router. But the problem is that none of these configs work when I try to put in TCP/IP setting box.
    Note that I have set uo static IP in my old adsl setup, but the same method doesnt seem to work with GPON.

• Aj
    ajordan Feb 22, 2010

Dear All,
    I used to work before in etisalat contact center (internet section), I am not here to defend etisalat, but I will try to give you some general tips and also to answer questions in order to make things better and more clear .I will do my best to reply to each one .
    Ali...

• Aj
    ajordan Feb 22, 2010

Dear Sir,
    1.check your router/modem LED's(lights)
    A.DSL light should be stable, if blinking or off try to restart if it still the same call etisalat(in case you have FTTH or Gpon the dsl will be off so only check the internet light)
    B. Internet light should be green or blue(according to the device you are using ).
    if yes move to next step if red or off call etisalat.
    2.Try to use static ip and dns to make yr connection more stable.
    3.check your browser settings( PROXY) internet explorer -->tools-->internet options-->connections-->lan settings-->proxy third check box, if its there remove it, if it is empty try to use this proxy
    proxy1.emirates.net.ae.