Etisalatetisalat is stealing credit for iphone 3g

Etisalat is the most incompetent service provider i have ever encoutered. Those that are thinking of brinign their iphone 3g into dubai one word of advice. . . Don't.

I recently brought my phone in with me and got a prepaid card - i filled it with aed100 and within a day it was gone. I called the customer service desk (Who are useless btw) and was told to turn off all data receiving options - i explained i had done this. The person said "you may have not done it proberly mad'am" - i explained i am very knowledgeable when it comes to iphone as i jailbreak / fix / and restore them all the time. The iphone 3g does not have apn therefore you can't completely switch of the network, therefore that caused my credits to be depleted. . . Using it or not.

I filed several complaints to no avail - basically they don't care - they'll steal your money and you have no recourse in getting it back. If anyone is having the same problem please contact me as i'd like to file a official complaint to them about how horrid their service is and that they need to inform iphone 3g customers that they will be ripped off regardless.

If anyone from etisalat is reading this (Which i doubt since they're so useless) i hope you can get your act together and maybe refund some of the moeny you continue to steal from people. You are a worthless bunch and hopefully someone with way more money than me can sue you so you can start doing things right for a change.

A very pissed off etisalat ex - customer.

• Ra
    Ramez Sep 05, 2009

I had the same problem with them and when I called after more than 30 minutes on hold it came to nothing, when ever I charge all my credit will be gone.. guess what I removed their sim card and started using du, it will take some efforts to change the mobile no. and let every body know but thats fine, this company will go down one day if they keep on acting this way

• Go
    gogo89 Sep 13, 2009

i had the same problem with me when i upgraded my iphone 3g to version 3.0 and it happened with my other 3 friends, i really dont know wht to do .. but when i had the version 2.2, the prob wasnt there, i dont know y .. hope any1 will find a solution 4 tht prob !!

• Kf
    kfahasan Sep 13, 2009

I have faced the same problem while I am also expert in dealing with iPhone. And whenever I called Etisalat for my credit which I have lost a good amount of money more than once.

they have told me that we can't disable this facility (3G) and you will loose money like that unless you fix the problem at your end. they are unable to help me out.

Anyhow, I feel sorry for Etisalat that they are unable to serve the customer in a suitable manner.

May Allah guide them to the right path.

Anyhow, if anyone has any solution then let us share with each other.

Jaime55 Sep 16, 2009

i have the same problem. I have just upgraded my iphone 3g to 3.0 version and thats when the problem started. Aed130 gone in 3 days and i haven't even made that much calls nor use the internet as much. its outrageous!!! what is etisalat doing? this is almost equivalent to a criminal act...i think the authorities need to do something about this as well.

cheatsisazn Oct 13, 2009

I have an iPhone 3G S, , and etisalat took 30 AED from 5 mins just because of the EDGE data services. My safari was running in the background and was trying to load a page when i closed it. I thought that since I had turned my 3G off, the page won't be able to load and I won't have to worry. Apparently, that same page loaded about 15 times because each time you put your iPhone to sleep and wake it up, the safari is secretly running in the background.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT I GET CRAP RECEPTION SOMETIMES AND MOST OF THE TIME I GET AN ARABIC WOMAN ANSWERING ME THAT I HAVE NO CREDIT WHEN I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT!!! I HAVE TO REBOOT MY IPHONE FOR IT TO WORK AGAIN AND I REPEAT THIS STEP ABOUT 5 TIMES A DAY.

WTF ETISALAT %$#@$#@%$%#$

jombo Oct 15, 2009

I have the same problem also, i loaded 50 AED last tues after 1 day my load is NEGATIVE 3AED. I only used it for 3 minutes call and I havent call anyone abroad. I using version 3.0 unlock iphone. Etisalat Customer Service is useless, they are only giving numbers to call but no good solution given.

emad5501 Nov 24, 2009

hello guys i just found out how to fix this i called my friend today i called him he had the same problem and he told me to do it i did it on my phone and it worked they dont take credit from me anymore, i only know about the iPhone 3g i dont know about other iPhones maybe also the same, look all you have to do it this... go to Settings>>General>> Network>> Enable 3G : off (turn it off)... thats it after i turned it off it stoped taking credit... if you need more help you can send me an email <[email protected]> thanks.

emad5501 Nov 24, 2009

but if u connect to wireless or something it might take credit i dont know about that. :/

emad5501 Nov 25, 2009

guys forget what i wrote before, i made video it will tell you everything

jaymnoble4 Dec 02, 2009

Same thing happen to me, I purchased an iphone 3GS at Du, but since I have my existing etisalat sim card, i disregard my du post paid sim, but every time I put credit in my etisalat pre paid card, just overnight all my credit turned out to be -2.99 AED (negative!!!) I tried to unlocked my iphone and look for certain APN but to no avail. Can anybody help me on this? Are this issue also happening in Du System? If not, then I will use my DU Post Paid and forget about Etisalat. Please, any advice or help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Az
    azizz Dec 06, 2009

i would suggest all of you to go on safari on your iphone ( any model) and go on the write this website http://www.unlockit.co.nz

then a website will open press continue then there are 3 options press on Disable Data (FakeAPN)
    when you do that you will be take to another page, press install and you will see a new application.this is it and you will be saving your money for good, you'r credit will not drain any more
    every thing will work fine BUT you will be able to use internet/data only wierless to connect to internet. if you want to use your 3G or w.e you just need to uninstall the application by following the same step that you installed.

thanks
    [email protected]

please write iphone data issue becouse i get loads or random emails
    thanks again

• Az
    azizz Dec 06, 2009

please iphone users follow this and you will be saving your hard working money.
    1.open safari on your iphone (any model)
    2.got to http://www.unlockit.co.nz
    3.in the new page that opens press continue
    4.on the next page press DISABLE DATA(fakeAPN)
    5.after that page just press install and a new application will be installed

i hope this will help you all becuse it has helped me.

NOTE: if you want to remove this application and want to use data from 3G or what ever you have to follow this step.
    1.main iphone page got to setting
    2.general
    3.scroll down you will see profile and fake APN press that
    4.press uninstall and you are back to the same place where etisatal will start taking you money.

ANOTHER NOTE : NEED TO BE ON WI-FI TO INSTALL THE APPLICATION

thanks
    [email protected]
    please put subject as iphone data problem or issue

thanks again

• De
    dee bee Feb 22, 2010

i am also the victim...please advise.

Maddza Mar 06, 2010

I have the same problem on my iPhone 3GS. A woman's voice says that I have insufficient funds but if I call 121 it tell me that I have Dhs 33.25. Why is one saying I have no money and the other saying that I do? If I reboot my phone it allows me to send one or two messages before I get the same message again...FRUSTRATING!!!

• Du
    Dubaian Apr 13, 2010

i can totally sympathise with everyone on here. i have also lost uncountable amount on i dont know what. i have spoken to countless of etisalat representatives (who in my opinion are rather incompetent) who have advised me to turn off my 3G and then my GPRS. but after having do so, nothing happens, credit still gets charged for no apparent reason. Also, upon placing calls or sending messages, i get the automated message saying i havent any credit left when i do!
    i know there's no way to get back the credit we all have already lost, but Etisalat couldnt possibly intend on continuously ripping us off blindly!

• Go
    gogo89 Apr 13, 2010

just open this link from the web browser safari, then click on disable 3g/EDGE and i think everything will work fine and smoothly !! Best of luck !!

• Ro
    RomerS May 02, 2010

this is not new on this website but im also a victim. i just bought my new iphone 3gs and im using etisalat, i dunno how the hell that everytimme im tryin to make a call, its telling me that i dont have enought credit (which is not). i have to restart my phone and then again after 5 mins after the call its telling me the same thing. ive called etisalat customer service (which is a complete no use) they cant help me, they told me to go to the place where i bought my phone and get them fix it which is if theyr goin to put some brain on the matter, the problem is on their side. how can be the biggest mobile network provider in the UAE cant fix this problem. if any of you guys found out how to fix this, pls help...

Romer,

• Pa
    PaulBuboy May 11, 2010

You are all sucks.. If you upgrade the software of your iphone especially to the 3.x version, whenever you open internet it will connect automatically to the internet. why? coz this is the problem in apple itself and not the service provider..so if you don't want this to happen. dont upgrade the version okei, remain in 2.x version coz on that version you need to manually insert the apn settings..second options is to download the fake apn to www.unlockit.co.nz...kalas...!!!..
    -etisalat technical support staff..

• Mi
    misje Jun 06, 2010

I have iPhone 2G (the first one), and Etisalat Egypt, cause I'm living in Sharm. I have the same problem, also called to this [censor]ers, which is called etisalat customer ... i don't know what!!?? absolutely useless guys!!! Try to install iphonenodata.com, install from Cydia Edge Disabler, anyway it charges me everyday for 99pt for the thing which I don't need and don't want!!! Probably will switch to Mobinil!

• Ha
    hamadh Jul 30, 2010

i lost over 70AED because of their highly POOR service heres what you do:
    settings- General- Network- and be shoure to turn ON the data roaming. this way when u open safari or ur mail u wont be charged i had the same problem equally as pissed but with du.
    remember TURN DATA ROAMING OFF!!

• 13
    13warior Oct 11, 2010

i m pissed off too, got bill of 900dhs for 3g data, without asking customers how etisalat can provide(start)such facilities that cost us bomb???? etisalat is big alibaba. its not fking 10, 20 or 30 i lost 900bucks!!! n hv hardly use the phone.
    you guys r good in blocking the website, then y d fk u nt blocking such facilities which customer dont want, no cos tat will stop easy(stealing) income from poor customers right.

Nouman_Mughal Nov 20, 2010

GUYS GUYS cool down . i had the same problem of credit gettign finished in secs. but after brainstorming alot on it . i came to a conclusion and it worked. simple steps:
    go to GENERAL
    then NETWORK
    then CELLULAR DATA NETWORK
    and in APN . write > iphone.com
    Username > iphone.com
    Password > iphone.com
    it will conflict with etisalat proxy and ur automated gprs will get disabled ... save ur credits and enjoy ;)
    Nouman
    055 8040905

• Ah
    ahmadk Jul 30, 2014

I have very long and chronic repeated problem of stealing money direct and indirect by etisalate with complaining to all levels without any benefits for more than 4 years then I fed up I changed to du who proofed to be 10 time more thieves than etisalate and I have only to pray to Allah against them I have no other way

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices