[Resolved] Etihad Airwaysvaluable items stolen from check in baggage

S Aug 16, 2018

Dear Etihad Management,

This is to bring to your prompt attention that an expensive watch has been stolen from the checked in baggage from your airlines.
When i received the baggage, the zip lock was completely broken and the chain of my baggage was also damaged.

On checking, I found out that my expensive watch along with its handler case was completely removed and an empty case was just kept in the baggage.

My flight details are as below:

Aug 14, 2018 Etihad Airways EY0223 AirBus IndustrieA320-100/200 Delhi to Abu Dhabi 21:15 to 23:35

Aug 15 2018 Etihad Airways EY004 Boeing 777-300Er 2:40 to 7:00 Abu Dhabi to Munich

I am lodging a complaint using this mail.
Kindly take due diligence into the matter and assist me with the claims.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 30, 2018

Dear guest,

Did you report this damage on arrival at the airport? If so, do you have a PIR number so that we can investigate this further? Please keep in mind that passengers should not include the following items in their checked baggage:
    Fragile and perishable items
    Valuables
    *Computers and personal electronic devices
    *Stored data
    *Camera
    Any medication or medical equipment
    Valuable documents such as business documents, passports, certificates, identification documents, negotiable papers etc.

Thank you. *Rose

• Updated by SDeo · Sep 11, 2018

Unfortunately, I did not report at the airport and so there is no PIR number.
    Please let me know what can be done in this case.

• Etihad Airways's response · Sep 14, 2018

You can send all details that you have to [email protected] and our team will look into it and get back to you. *Marc

• Resolution Statement