Etihad AirwaysOut of pocket

N Oct 22, 2021

Hi,
I booked 3 tickets for myself, Wife and Son with Etihad Airways via Flysharp, only to find out Etihad Airways had cancelled our original return journey on 9th November from Islamabad.
This disruption has caused massive problems for us financially as we have had to pay extra £240 on top just to get a return flight which ended up being 3 days later. This change has cost me dearly in costs extra taxi fares, extra money required there and financial loss of earnings from work as I am now arriving later.
Flyway did not leave me much options due to there cancellation and amendment policy as any change would impact all my holiday prior engagements and PCR test bookings and taxi fare bookings.
We are now returning on 12th November from Islamabad to London this was our first ever bookings with Etihad and my son Owais shafi his first ever holiday abroad first time in a plane but Etihad has caused my family nothing but distress before we have even left on holiday. My wife leaves on Sunday and me and my son leave from London the Sunday after with our return flights together. I am a very dissatisfied customer at the moment, I have spoken to Flyways who are not taking the Etihad flight cancellation blame at all which I understand.
I understand Etihad complaints can be resolved via Resolver or via flight cancellation claims but wanted to email you direct to see what you can offer me for my losses?
Currently as a start £240 has been paid to re-arrange alternative flight
£160 for my Taxi fees for return date Uk
Not to mention the extra costs I will need whilst in Pakistan and the £280 loss of earnings due to having to take 2 unpaid holidays. I would like a resolution to all this as soon as possible especially before I leave on the 24th October from Heathrow EY12. Apart from the financial hit now they are saying no seats together for me and my son( he is already nervous at it is). I have spoken to somebody from contact centre no help at all no upgrade offer or looking after customer just bit of sympathy thats all.
Kind Regards
Mr N Shafi

RESOLVED

• Etihad Airways's response · Oct 24, 2021

Hi Nad Shafi, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to share your details via our Feedback website, and our Guest Relations Team will look into your concerns further. Thank you. *Ann