[Resolved] Etihad Airwaysdelayed etihad airways flight by over 12 hours

A Sep 10, 2018

On August 28th 2917, myself and my family (details below) boarded plane for Etihad flight EY 16 from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. Pilot informed that due technical issues flight can not depart at scheduled time of 09:05 and after around 2 hours all plane passengers were told to back to airport waiting area and then waited there another 3 hours. Then we had to collect baggage for entire family to go hotel for lunch and return to start check in process all over. Flight eventually departed at 20:00 hrs August 28th so it was delayed by 12 hours. However, my corresponding connecting Eithad flight EY 351 from Abu Dhabi to Riyadh had longer waiting time and as an overall result my expected arrival time of 22:00 hrs 28th August moved to actual arrival at Riyadh at 12:30 hrs 29th August - over 14 hours late.

Dr Akhlaq Moman (self) and family members:
Mrs Aisha Akhlaq (adult)
Mr Saad Moman (adult)
Miss Safa Moman (child)
Miss Duaa Moman (child)

As a result I had to take unplanned work vacation day on August 29th and missed on important work day activities. Also 08:00 to 10:30 hrs August 29th was my child registration for sixth form college - which we missed and we had to take several days of additional trips to school out of my work time to resolve.

Further, we have been flying with Eithad for over 5 years and were very disappointed with this whole event for summer vacation and numerals business trips.

Appreciate your feedback on appropriate compensation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Dr. Akhlaq Moman
[protected]@yahoo.com
+966 (0)[protected]
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• Etihad Airways's response · Sep 14, 2018

Hello Akhlaq, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please share all details along with your booking reference to [email protected] so that our team can look into it and get back to you. *Marc

• Resolution Statement