ER SolutionsBadgering and threats!

D

"Ethical - An unblemished regulatory compliance record." Just because your regulatory compliance record is clean doesn't make you ethical. "Using proven strategies and collection techniques to encourage voluntary payment." Um, badgering and threats? "Our founder always reminded us of the golden rule, 'Treat others the way you would want to be treated.' We continue to practice this philosophy today by diligently working to collect the money, but we do so in a tactful, sensitive and humane manner."

Could have fooled me. I guess the founder doesn't have much to do with the company anymore.

• Br
    Bruce Barnaby Oct 12, 2006

My child has received over 30 phone calls from this place. They are all x rated statements. I now wont let my child answer the phone. I think that is pretty bad in this day and age.
    The phone number calling is [protected]
    Im positive I dont have reason for the calls.

Very appreciated
    Bruce

• Rw
    R. Worden Oct 16, 2006

This Happened to me! Be Aware!!! ERS Also Known as Er Solutions Int. Located in Renton Washington 98057. I wanted to submit this complaint, and let you know what happened to me.

I have been dealing with ERS for several months now over a debt that I incurred. When I first talked with ERS I set up a good faith payment plan of $ 100.00 per month for four months at which time I was to contact them to set up a payment plan and receive a settlement offer. I did contact ers and was offered a settlement for my account with them. I told the representative that I could not afford the amount at that time. She told me ( Ms McWright) that this was ok ! She asked me if she could hold my account open to a certain date, and if I could not make payment then I should call back and just let her know that I could not make the payment at that time. They already had my account info, since I had made some good faith payments. I called back on the specified date and told the representative ( Ms McWright) that I was not able to make that payment and that I was not authorizing any further payments! I did state that I was willing to pay, but only at a later date. I was passed to a supervisor who was extremely rude and obnoxious. He accused me "saying that I was not willing to pay " I told him several times that I was going to pay, but I was just not able to pay at this time. To make a long story even longer ERS ran my check without my express consent. When I contacted them about this, they passed me from supervisor to supervisor ! I finally went to my bank and filed a complaint. I hope my account will be credited for ERS's accounting error as they explained to me ! This company is ruthless. They really don't want to work with people like me. They want what they want when they want it, and will do anything to get it! Even if it exceeds the law! I will still work with this company, as I do want to pay my debt! Yet the way they have dealt with me is not very moral, and likely criminal!

Mathew Smith Nov 07, 2006

ER Solutions in Renton Washington has contacted me numerous times about a student loan that is not mine. They have an incorrect name and Social Security #. My name is Mathew Smith (a common name) and they get my number through 411 (I guess). They call and ask for my personal information and tell me they can't take me off their calling list until I give them my phone # and address. I am not prepared to do this.

• Li
    Linda Xia Nov 21, 2006

I have had a similar experience as other people regarding E.R. Solutions. They have called me 4 times in the past 4 days on my Cell phone, twice in early morning, and they never left a message. First time I called back, nobody answered. Second time I called back, I got the company name. Third time, I called back and told them they were after the wrong person. This representative gave me two names and asked me if I know them, and I said no and told him to stop calling me. I had a feeling that phone call probably wouldn't prevent them from harassing me, so I called forth time. The first person asked for my phone number and then transferred me to another person, and the second person asked me for my name and hang up on me. I called the Fifth time and told the operator that if they don't stop calling me, I would seek legal action, so she transferred to a "supervisor" who incidentally didn't not pick up the phone. However, she was nice enough to transfer me to a manager. The manager asked me if I know of a "Stephanie King/Kim", and I said no. He said he would block my phone number. When he verified my phone number with me, he gave me a wrong number. ( I wasn't sure if it was some kind of game, or he was pretending blocking my number but in fact did not). I made him repeat my correct number for several times before I got off the phone with him. With all those complaints on the websites, I doubt it's a legit collection agency. How can a collection agency not to have the most updated personal information if they are trying to collect money? I suspect that this company is a scam and trying to either get money or sensitive personal information from innocent people. Anybody else has similar experience should file complaints with BBB and watch your credit report.

• Ca
    Casey Landrum Feb 24, 2007

I have been working with ER Solutions due to having a bill with Verizon Wireless that I was never able to pay. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and we have joint accounts and we can now afford to start paying this debt, we moved to Portland from Idaho and weren't able to get a bank account set up right away, ER Solutions got my unlisted phone number in Oregon and harassed me every half hour for about 3 weeks. Most of the time neither of us were home to hear the phone ringing off the hook, but we always had millions of voicemails that just said "Do not hang up this is an automated system and we are trying to collect a debt, please call this number." When ever the agents did contact me and get a hold of me they just became very rude. I told them several times that I would rather just send them a check for the amount that we agreed to make payments on every month. The agreement was $238.00 for six months the last Friday of every month. I told them I didn't feel comfortable giving my information out over the phone and would feel better to just send them checks in the mail. They refused. I have never gotten a name out of any of the agents and they refused to ever give me an address to send them money. We recently had a mix up at the bank and they were unable to pull the money, we accidentally overdrafted and our bank cancels the card automatically if it's been over drafted in fear that someone was stealing from us. So they were not able to pull the money and I let them know that I had well over the amount I owed to them and there was no reason they should be getting that my card was declined. (At this time I didn't know that our cards had been deactivated.) I contacted my bank and they explained what happened with the cards. ER Solutions continued to call all day, every half hour demanding that I pay full amount of over a thousand dollars. I told them I could not afford it but was willing to work something out on Monday and get them new information so they could take the payment. (This situation fell on the weekend and I had no way of getting to a bank to get a new card or my old card reactivated.) ER Solutions is not a good company to be dealing with and I will be contacting the BBB Monday morning. These people are ridiculous and they need to be shut down!

• Ra
    Randy Mar 10, 2007

I have been getting harassing phone calls from ER Solutions as well. Even worse, today I looked at my Checking Account balance and ER Solutions had drafted $214.88 from my account, without consent and unknowingly to me. This comes as a shock after we never reached any agreement and I never gave them any of my account info.

Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com, I am interested in what steps, if any, you have taken to resolve your matter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I too look to file a complaint!

• Da
    David Samuel Wrenn Mar 16, 2007

My sister lived with me for some time. When I moved out she kept the cable bill in my name (Comcast). I find out over a year later that there was an unpaid account in my name for $576.00. This was a total surprise to me. I called my sister and she confirmed that she may have not payed the bill. She had no money to pay the bill so I decided rather than having my credit score affected I would pay it. I payed it in payments in increments. They have reported my account the credit agencies, even though I have payed it. I can no longer get the mortgage I need for my home. I just had a baby and was trying to buy my first home and ER Solutions has put a stop to it.

ER Solutions is an organization who thinks it can do and say what it wants almost like it is above the law well from the looks of this site they can't. Please let me know the best way to file a complaint. ER Solutions is a disgusting company that is unprofessional/rude/threatening and needs to own up to what they have done. United we stand divided we fall.

• Pe
    Peter Leo Mar 29, 2007

ER solutions is no better than common criminals. Mine and my family's physical well being was threatened the other night by an ER solutions representative asking me if I ever heard of the Mexican Mafia and then repeating my home address and telling me I was going to get a visit real soon and I was going to be sorry. This is all over a 1100 dollar 7 year old debt that is past the statue of limitations.

• Sh
    Sheri Jackson Apr 04, 2007

I would like to warn everybody not to give ER Solutions any information regarding bank account numbers over the phone... also if you need to send them a payment, always use a money order... when they get your bank account number and routing number, they will tap into your bank account at will... they do have a mailing address for payments, regardless of what they tell you....

• Ro
    Roger Ware Apr 05, 2007

This company is awful. It would be easier to deal with a loan shark or the mafia. They call all hours of the day. Sometimes as many as 30 calls in a day. They call my work, my home and my former address. When they bother the elderly lady at the former address they will not take her word that I no longer live there. They try to get information from her about me. They verbally abuse and harass her. They even try to get information from her. She has nothing to do with my debts. I am also unsure who these people are. I have never received anything in the mail from this rude company. I would like to know how these companies are allowed to operate in this manner.

• Ge
    George Reeves Apr 13, 2007

Three months ago I was contacted by a Tiffany regarding my Washington Mutual account that had been overdrafted by five thousand dollars. At the time I was unemployed and broke and unable to pay a dime. I in a very calm manner explained this to her and it was as though I was not being listened to at all.

Once I was done explaining she asked me what I had done with the money and I replied that I had spent it. She proceeded to be verbally abusive towards me and at one point told me to get my head out of my ### and understand that I owe my former bank five thousand dollars. She at one point even advised me that I should do whatever it takes to get the money or her company would garnish my wages, tap into my sons college fund without permission and she personally would make my life a living hell if deemed necessary.

This ### was so disrespectful and had no regard for human emotion. No tall of us are perfect financially, I`m sure this ER solutions rep has perfect credit and owes nobody a dime, but just because this ### is perfect doesn't mean she needs to treat ER solutions clients like monkeys. I hope you get hit by a bus you dumb ###.

• Li
    Lindsey Apr 14, 2007

This company is extremely unprofessional. They have been calling me numerous times a day for the last two weeks. I spoke with someone at this company earlier this week, when she explained that she was attempting to collect a debt from someone else with my name. Neither my DOB or Social (last 4 digits) match this individual's, nor do I have an account with Dell, the company they are trying to collect on behalf of. The lady stated that they had the wrong person, and that the matter was resolved.

This morning, Saturday at 8:51 AM, I received another call from this company, from a particularly unpleasant male by the name of "Walt wilson"(?). In addition to calling at an early time on my weekend, this man explained that they had called me numerous times, had sent numerous letters (I have never received a single letter), and that this is a final "courtesy" call about my debt. I informed him that I had already spoken with his company earlier this week and that I was told that my role in the issue had been resolved. He stated that he was the one resolving it. His tone was accusatory, which is particularly insulting considering that I have never incurred the debt I am being accused of. I verified my address with him, as well as my social (he gave me the last 4 digits, and I confirmed that it was not reflective of mine). Again, the address and social did not match up.

Although he stated that the matter was now resolved, I will not be surprised if I receive additional calls from ER Solutions. They are rude and show little regard. Additionally, it is completely inappropriate to call strangers at 8:51 on a Saturday morning. I will be filing additional complaints regarding this company if they attempt to contact me again.

Marissa Avery Apr 16, 2007

I cannot believe that Cingular wireless would associate themselves with such a RUDE company.

The issue is with me, but they have never attempted to contact me, but they somehow got my moms phone number and have been harassing her for the past two months. When she saw that it was an 800 number she never answered, until today. She accidentally answered the phone and was informed that they were looking for me. When she wouldn't give them my information the woman Kelly Davis became very rude saying that they would contact a lawyer to get a hold oh me. My mom was shocked at her rudeness, and goggled them.

Thank goodness she did and gave me a heads up. Due to the nature of my phone bill, my ex ran it up and said that he would pay it, and obviously hasn't. I called him and he is going to pay it today. I called ER solutions to inquire why they have been contacting my mom and not myself. Vicki at ER solutions asked for the number that they had been calling, when I gave it to her my name came up, and she stated that they were trying to collect for CINGULAR and wanted to know when the bill would be paid. I informed her that it would be paid tonight by check mailed to them. She then wanted to know why I wouldn't pay it over the phone. I stated that I was not about to give any information to them over the phone.

She then started yelling at me "WHY WON'T YOU PAY YOUR BILL!!!" I tried to tell her that I had already told her that the bill would be paid but she kept interrupting me and yelling at me. She then insulted me but saying that "I wasn't owning up to my responsibilities and was being a baby by giving out my parents number" I never gave them a number and if Cingular really wanted to get in contact with me, don't you think they would use my new Cell Number since it is still a Cingular????

• Mi
    Michael Rodefer Apr 17, 2007

ER Solutions called me about a year ago. I advised them that my identity had been stolen and wanted to clean this up. They told me that they would send me a "fraud packet". I never heard another word form them.

They just called me again yesterday, almost a year later. i told the agent that I was still waiting for a response to the false information that they had obtained on me. She told me that I didn't know what I was talking about because they had just received the account this week for the first time.

She also advised me that there is no such thing as a "fraud packet" and I would be better off to just pay this debt whether it was mine or not.

Not only am I concerned that my identity has been stolen once, but how did ER solutions find me if I have an unpublished and unlisted phone number and address?

These people must be stopped. Why should I be told to just pay a debt that isn't mine when they won't let me prove it isn't me?

• Sh
    Shelley Sykes Apr 18, 2007

ER solutions has incorrectly reported information to the credit agencies. I was disputing overdraft charges assessed by Washington Mutual and have informed ER Solutions of this on more occasions then I can count.
    When I try and contact them, I am transfered around at least 3 or 4 times before I am able to speak to someone that "Can help me". It makes it more frustrating when you can't understand anything that they are saying.

Maybe they should consider spending some of the companies money on hiring people who can actually speak english and convey to others solutions.

Stop leaving messages on a disputed file. Learn to follow through on what you say. Be accountable for your errors.

• Mi
    Michael Rodefer Apr 18, 2007

Sub: Harassing calls on a debt that isn't mine

• Ti
    Tiffani Nicole Apr 18, 2007

If you dont want phone calls in reference to a debt THEN DONT OVERDRAFT YOUR [censored]ING BANK ACCOUNT! I happen to be a top collector at ER Solutions so get the [censored] out of debt and you'll never have to hear from us again!!!

• Ti
    Tiffani Nicole Apr 18, 2007

All you have to do is verify the last four of the social or your street address... we run off skiptrace

Maria Valeriay Apr 23, 2007

I received a notice from ER Solutions. When I called them to inquire, Maria Rodriguez answered the phone. She asked me my name and that's it. No account number. I explained to her that I did not receive a bill from the company after we switched telephone carriers. Since my account was closed, I couldn't check on line for the bill. She said to me the address where the bills were sent to was a home I have not lived in over a year. I asked where they (ER Solutions) got my new address (after all they sent me a notice and I received that) and that's when she accused my of screaming and that no one would want to help my if I continued with my attitude. I said what are you talking about. She said you know what you are doing. I said ok. Then she said you owe this much, check or credit card. I said I'm paying you for something I don't know what it is. She said then collection efforts will continue and hung up the phone. I was not screaming at her! I was trying to ask how they were able to send me the notice but the company claimed sending me bills to an old address. I guess she was caught in a lie.

CHino XL May 22, 2007

Follow through ###? Be accountable for your debt. You dead beat.

• Be
    Beverly Jones May 22, 2007

My name is Beverly Jones and ER solution is on my credit report and i want to know why. How do I get in touch with ER solution.

• Ri
    Richard OBlenis May 30, 2007

ER Solutions 30 May 07.

I just got a call from ER Solutions. I have aphasia from my stroke 12 years ago and I do not, usually, answer the phone, I let the machine answer it. If someone has a toll-free number, I answer back, but ER Solutions do not.

A while back, I was in contact with a man that ‘sold’ telephone systems and I answered it, because I thought it was him. I was going to tell that I wasn’t interested, a ‘lady’ IMMEDIATELY asked if I was XXX, said that she was from ER Solutions and I had a bill from Verizon Wireless. I said I co-signed for someone else and she stopped paying about 1-1/2 years ago. I told her I did not have ANY money and she goes, “How do you pay the other bills?” I told her I was on Social Security and I would give her my e-mail and she hung up!

She was RUDE, CRUDE and SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

• Nu
    Nuckles Jun 01, 2007

E-R Solutions is on my credit report without me ever having service with the client they say I owe. You can not get in touch with them by phone unless you call [protected] fax425-687-2063. My banker could not even get them to talk. We have sent in several letters and faxes and they are rude and hide until they want to bother you.

max Jun 02, 2007

I totally agree with everyone on here. I was in the middle of a war zone where all you look forward to is hopefully getting a letter from home. Oh I got letters every day, from these jerks. I'd already explained to them that Verizion wireless still owed me almost $400 from my 1st deposit with with my first account I had before my 1st military deployment. I went back to them after the deployment, and when I got deployed again I owed them money on my 2nd contract. I told them they weren't getting their money until I got mine. They told me that was fine, it was unfair that I didn't get my deposit back at the end of my 1st contract. Well then they sick these ###s on me so there I am in Iraq getting e-mails, and letters every day from these ### holes.

• Us
    Use the yellow pages Jun 04, 2007

Numerous times they have called and I would get a recorded message that would give me the option to speak to a representative or if the number dialed was the wrong number press this number (I think the number was 3, I don't remember at this time). In the past I pressed that number but the calls still kept coming. This time I pressed the number 1 to speak to someone and this guy came on the phone and asked for the party they were trying to contact and when I told them they had the wrong number, he just hung up. I tried calling 4x since and kept getting a recording to leave a message. They were trying to collect a balance (I think) for Washington Mutual. Basically, the calls need to stop.

• Ta
    Tamara Pittman Jun 05, 2007

These people keep calling my job and asking for my husband... i try to say that he is not here can i tell him what it is regarding and they are rude and never want to give me any info... i don't even know what they are calling about!... i take the message and i am very nice to them... i have spoke to my husband and now he is saying that they might be the people that were calling him and asking for me (although he is not sure)... i don't know what their problem is... but they can get out of hand sometimes.

• Us
    Use the yellow pages Jun 05, 2007

After sending an email to ERS, I received an email that the number would be taken off of the automated dialing. They apologized also.

• De
    Dee Brown Jun 05, 2007

Hey!!! I work at ERS. the one in Seattle. If you have a million calls on your caller I.D. its because we only let the phone ring like 4 or 5 times before hanging up (because no one is home maybe...) and then will try again later. Especially within the first 30 days of your accnt being in the office. So we can get in touch with you and try to see whats going on with the accnt. because after that (certain clients) will start reporting to credit... (other clients already report before it goes to collections.) AND HOW CAN YOU GET LETTERS EVERYDAY FROM ERS?? I know WHENEVER i ask '"have you gotten one of our letters' EVERYONE SAYS NO!!! And were told not to send out another one... by law we only have to send one. So from a CEO's stand point. sending lots of letters out would be spending a lot of money. Also you have to think... these collectors are just doing a job. Like police. Most people hate the police because they seem mean. But everyday they have to deal with every type of ### there is in the world and sometimes it wears off onto them... its SAME the with my job... Also i know that not 100% of every accnt is supposed to be in collections but it is in the 90 percentile... So all i am saying is not every bill collector is mean. I only get mean when the person on the phone starts it... meaning swearing at me and calling me names and all i have said was the mini miranda ' This is an attempt to collect a debt as well as this call maybe recorded..." And yes i will get right back in that ### but at the same time bring it back down. before we both know it the debtor is apologizing and i'm giving him a settlement so the accnt is taken care. What our goal is to resolve the debt. weither you have to pay for it... whether we find out that its the mistake of the creditor or what... If your on the phone and you don't like who your talking to just ask to talk to another rep... i know i am not rude.

Ways to keep collection agency from calling you....

DO NOT CO-SIGN FOR ANYONE!!! Co sign means that you are SIGNING for that person (usually they don't have credit or low credit and that should have been a sign in the first place) and in the event that they don't pay you must... DUH... hence the word Co-sign. I don't understand when people say they co-signed for someone.... that just kills me. I wanna see when some idiot calls their lawyer and shows the lawyer that they indeed signed a legally binding contract. And the contract said that you are responsible for any and all payments for whomever you just signed for... how do you get out of that... and look the signature... its yours!

• Ka
    karen Jun 06, 2007

I have had the SAME problems a lot of you have had. I had set up a payment plan for the $1200 account that I had outstanding. They were taking $100.00 per month out of my account, after about month 5, the payments stopped coming out. When I contacted them, they stated that the payments were "too little" to the amount of debt that was owed. God forbid I was making an effort.

That was about a year ago, now they're calling at least 3 times a day at my parents' house and my mother has repeatedly given them MY number and I have tried to contact them but no one is NEVER available to take my call. Now that I can afford to pay them off, you bet your booty I'm going to! UNETHICAL, RUDE... and that's putting it nicely!

• Am
    Amanda Jun 07, 2007

I just received my first call from ER Solutions today, the person I spoke to lied to me over and over again. I guess being "Ethical" as stated on the website is to lie. He told me that I would not be able to resolve my issue with the Bank and that if I didn't believe him I could call the bank. Well good thing I did, because the bank was more than happy to help me with my problem. Its like one thing if you can be honest and courteous but if you are going to straight up lie to people and have no respect for what they say... no wonder people get so angry.

• Ky
    Kyle Jun 12, 2007

I have been dealing with ER solutions for about two months now. I have been told that they are attempting to collect over a Verizon Wireless account for which I allegedly owe $280.00. I have contacted both the east coast and west coast verizon in house collections departments and have been told that the account I currently have with Verizon is current, meaning I have a zero balance and that all accounts that I have had with them in the past was successfully closed out and that nothing is owed (I deployed to Iraq in 2004 in support of OIF III and closed the account using my deployment orders (if you are military and reading this, here is a tip; according to the Soldiers and Sailors credit relief act they must let you out of your contract if you are deployed without charging penalties for early termination, etc.).

So now I am stuck dealing with some incredibly rude, crude, and vindictive people. Has anyone considered filing a civil suite against ER Solutions, possibly some sort of class action suite?

• Ed
    Ed Robbins Jun 12, 2007

I have received calls from ER Solutions on several occasions regarding a credit card account that they are supposedly collecting for. These people are rude, brash, harassing, threatening, etc... I felt threatened and harassed. They scared me! This is illegal!!

I made arrangements to make payments to pay off this account. The lady that I talked to said that she would call me back when I acquired the money to make a large payment for the full pay off amount. I told her that I could not afford that amount but that I could make payments. She stated that she would call me back at a later time to see if I had acquired the funds for this large pay off amount. She called me back a couple week later and stated that I did not make payments "as agreed". We had no agreement. I did not even have an address to send the money to. I contacted the credit card and they stated that this account is still open.

OMG what a fraud!!!

• Gr
    Greg Jun 12, 2007

Just received a fourth call from ER solutions rep (a Mr. Rodriguez) asking if I was craig cole and for my social security number. After the third phone call several months ago I got into their ### by sending an email to their CEO and COO since they were claiming to be attorneys and were violating many Federal Laws concerning their illegal collection practices. The CFO responded and apologized for their employees actions and verified that I would no longer receive any more calls since my number would be flagged as the wrong person. That is what gets me. I have no accounts overdue and am not the person they are looking for and I continue to receive the dead beats harassing phone calls. I hope they do catch the correct guy but I get to field these lame-### collection attempts. ER solutions are a few $6 dollar an hour telephone callers who have so little intelligence that they think the best way to find someone is to look up similar names in the phone book of nearby towns. So much [censored].

• Ji
    Jill Austin Jun 14, 2007

I live in Lincoln City, Oregon and Dish Network has retained this rude company to collect on my deceased husband's account that is not even in my name or SS#. I never signed for this account. They called me at work and advised me that they will call every day unless I pay his bill and that it is perfectly legal to call me and harass me at work. My husband just passed away and had no life insurance. There should be no way for me to be held liable if I am not a signer on the account.

• Er
    Er Solutions Collector Jun 14, 2007

I work for ER Solutions, and I have to say some of these arguments are simply people over reacting because they owe a bill and just want an excuse not to pay. I hear excuses all day long!!

I do not have perfect credit and if fact I owe money to ER Solutions for a power bill, but I am paying it. I know that there are collectors that break the rules, but they can be punished. Look up the "FDCPA" Fair Debt Collection Practices Act on Google.com, that will tell you all of the rules that any collection agency has to follow nation wide!! Every recording at ER Solutions is recorded and all you have to do is call them at [protected] and ask for a director for what ever dept you are trying to get a hold of. Then find out the collectors name and info that is "Harassing" you and sue them. Get a Lawyer!!

Be advised that "Harassment" is a strong word!!! A collector has every right to call you every half hour if you do not answer your phone, but once you answer your phone AND VERIFY WHO YOU ARE!!! With your address, date of birth, or last 4 of you social security number, the collector has to wait out your account for at least 2 days depending on the state you live in and the creditor you owe.

ALSO: Verifying the last 4 digits of your social security number is not going to end in fraud!! We already have your info, saying yes or no is not going to change whether or not someone is going to steal your identity, ER Solutions has every security measure possible to make sure no one leaves the building with other peoples info!! BUT!!! If you do not want to verify your info you can ask the collector to verify the social security number for you and you say yes or no!!

Be ADVISED!! We are "NOT" customer service reps!! We are COLLECTORS, that is our job!! We are trained to be hard and tough on people in order to collect the debt!!! We are not trained to be nice!!

I hope this info helps you out there who have been hurt by BAD collectors, also if you just posted because you don't want to pay your bills, be advised that ER Solutions has the power (In some dept) to garnish wages, put a lean on your house, and charge off accounts. Bad credit not only makes it hard to get a loan for a house or a car, but makes it hard to get a JOB!!!

So ultimately, (I know people go through hard times, I have been there, but there are lots of options,) Pay your bills!!!

Go through the creditor before the account goes into collections if you can because they will work with you!!!

jackie solomon Jun 17, 2007

I would like to know, if anyone can help what is the statue of limitations on this stuff. I have a appr. 8 year old bill these people are trying to collect that i didn't remember anything about. From a different state i lived in, with direct tv 8 years ago. Can they even still collect on this???

• Ev
    Evelyn Hayward Jun 20, 2007

They have called me twice on a debt I do owe and were very abusive on even the first call, yelling at me and "demanding" money on the phone Today. I hung up on them the 2nd time. Have tried to call back and get some silly recording that goes nowhere. They have not sent me a statement proving who they are and that they have my account. Hence I am paying nothing. This is my first complaint. The next goes to the Better Business Bureau and then on to the Attorney General's office in Washington State. My attorney said legally we do not have to take any abuse in these matters. I'm glad to have found this website.

• Ri
    Richard OBlenis Jun 22, 2007

Does anyone have an e-mail address that I can contact them? You see, I have aphasia & I would like to 'do' them by e-mail, only!

• St
    Stacy Hammond Jun 28, 2007

I just got off the phone with Ms. Roberson or Robinson could not really tell and she told me I was classless, had no dignity and that the only reason I did not want her calling my work was she did not want my co-workers to know I was a deadbeat. She even told me she was going to call me everyday that ended in a y and how did I like that? I tried making payment plans and was told my account was to old. After she hung up on me I called back and guess what not only made payment arrangements I was given a number to file a complaint against the Ms. Roberson or Robinson. When I did I was promised it would be looked into and if needed discipline action would be taken. I do not think discipline action will take place but it was nice to have an apology and a promise to look into it. I was told they do not train their reps to act this way. An interesting side note, my first attempt got me Mr. Rodrigious (spelled wrong I am sure) who hung up on me. When I called back I got another gentleman Mr. Atkins who encouraged me to report Mr. Rodrigious because he is rude all the time. Kind of strange that one employee would say that about another.

• Da
    Darrell Dimitri Stefani Jun 29, 2007

Called in to check on a debt for a car accident insurance repayment plan i could set up was told i was potentially lying when i was trying to think of how long I've lived at my residence. Then when i gave my financial statement and told the lady i only made a bout $1,400 a month and i wanted to start making voluntary payments and that i could put about $200 as a down payment to call back when i had $1,700 and was disconnected.

Called back later to talk to a different collector and when i was transferred to the country mutual dept where my loan was credited to a lady there answered and told me to hold and without muting me began to yell at another debtor about a $900 and sum odd dollar payment that was due by Friday if the debtor wanted her to hold it for her disclosing the debtor's information to me and putting me in fear the same could and very well could be done to me as far as disclosing my information to other parties. Also when i asked the lady if i could make a voluntary payment of $50 she said that wasn't enough for my re-payment for the accident debt that it would only go towards my Washington mutual debt and that i needed $1,700 dollars to make a payment, basically telling me no, and when i asked if i could be garnished even tho i wanted to make voluntary payments the lady told me that i can be sued. The whole situation was very unprofessional and disgruntling to find out that my personal information is at risk of being given to other parties not directly associated with the company. And that my intent to make restitution payments for my debt are said to be unsatisfactory. I am in the process of consulting a lawyer.