Entergy Corporation Logo

Entergy Corporation

Having problems with Entergy Corporation?

+1 800 968 8243 (Report An Emergency)
+1 800 584 1241 (Pay By Phone)
+1 800 368 3749 (Quick And Easy Transactions)
639 Loyola Ave.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 61000, L-ENT-6H, New Orleans, LA 70161

Complaints & Reviews

Customer service, billing

Started construction on 1000 sq ft home in July 2019. Moved in January 2020. Dealing with Entergy MS was a complete nightmare.
Final correspondence - Requested LED security light. Yellow security light was installed. Called Entergy and said leave the yellow light but correct the erroneous billing for the LED light. To date, I have spent 3 hours on the phone, for this issue alone, and no resolve. I have informed Entergy I've filed a complaint with BBB and anywhere else I can write a negative review.
Incompetence from ground level up !
Unfortunately they are the only kid on the block so you're STUCK

account/billing/service

I had been paying my elderly father's bills and continued to pay them after he died. When I sold his property, I requested a final bill be sent to my home in another state, and then the chaos, incompetence, possible extortion/criminal activity, etc. began.

Payments had been automatically deducted from my checking account that I set up for my father. They were even charging me an extra $2.95 per month to pay over the Internet. What slimeball company does such a thing to elderly people? Then the $2.95 fee went away at some point in time. When the property sold, I informed them in advance that I was closing the account, and I would settle the bill by check. So what do the incompetent idiots do: they try to draft a final bill from my closed account even after they cashed my check. I only paid for the first month in full, since I needed a corrected final month bill. Of course, they did not tell me about this because they rarely send me any correspondence. I had to guess what to do, because I was getting different answers as to what to do every time I would talk with someone new.

They also want me to pay for the new homeowner's bill for almost 2 weeks after we closed on the property. After complaining about it, and reluctantly accepting it, I received authority to pay the bill up to 5 days after we closed. They would not even accept the authorization of the transfer to the new homeowner until he called them the next day after I did.

So, I still did not receive any correspondence from them. I am still in the dark at this point. I never received the corrected final bill, so I prorated it to the authorized date. Then I get the boldfaced lies from these incompetent idiots. They say they cannot honor the agreement made because a tornado destroyed their building in Arkansas where the meter readers come from. So, I call Louisiana and they just laughed and said none of their buildings were destroyed by a tornado in Arkansas. They tried to humiliate me. I told them I needed a final corrected bill for my records, because I am not responsible for the problems of their company. That's on them. I told them I just wanted to pay the final bill. Then, they say they would not accept payment from me because I am not the account holder. I told them, my father, the account holder was deceased, so how is he going to pay for it. At this point, I just wanted this to go away. I had settled all other utilities and bills with no problems. But of course not Entergy, with their god complex, "I am here to make your life as miserable as possible and a little guy like you can't do anything about it, haha." Of course I am paraphrasing what they are telling me.

Two months later, I get an email from them saying I still owed them money, and if I did not pay, I would go to collections. I responded back saying I had made the payments. I waited a few days with no response.
There was nothing in the email that said they would not respond back to me. I contacted my attorney at this point, because I believe they are acting borderline criminal now. My attorney said let them come after me, because I am not responsible for a deceased persons debts. I could sue them for a lot later if they tried.

I called Entergy one last time to fix THEIR problems. They had cashed both my checks at this point, but they added a $30 service fee and wanted me to pay ALL the new homeowners fees. They said I would go into collections in about two weeks. WoW!! I said you need to send me the bill so I know what to pay. They said they would, but it would arrive in 3 weeks, one week after they would start collections. WoW!! So I aked them where I could get the final bill. They said online, so I went online, and there was no final bill. WoW!! They had a number I owed with no breakdown of what I was paying for. WoW!! So, I went to pay the bill because I am so done with these incompetent losers. I tried to pay the bill, and their website would not let me! WoW!! I tried numerous times. They signed me out of the account, so I could not get back in. WoW!! Fortunately, I wrote down the phone number where I could pay over the phone, of course for an extra $2.95 fee. I paid them, and the money is now out of my account. I hope this is the last time I have to deal with these incompetent losers. Or, maybe not. I think I will have a little chat with the Attorney's General of a few states. As I said earlier, it seems like possible extortion to me.

This is the worst utility ever, with poor service, possible criminal intent/extortion, and if they have an alternative power company in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, etc, I would recommend to use them. Steer clear of these losers. You are only asking for severe trouble if you have to deal with them.

bills

Entergy sent me a letter stating that I owe $600 back pay because my meter wasn't working right and for the...

utility deposit unrealistic

I was advised by Entergy personnel that I would be required to pay a unrealistic deposit of $430 based on...

Exhorbitant fees

I have been an Entergy customer in Mississippi for 14 years and have paid my bill every single month. In May...

Extra deposit

These people are trying to charge me an extra deposit, my lights were never shut off, also they just sprung...

Bad service

I called to Entrgy to discuss my bill. I needed to

make a payment next Tuesday. I have had service with entergy for 5 years. Each time I

call to ask a question, For example; why is there a Fuel adjustment charge you get jumped

verbally. The Representative are always rude. Yesterday, Sept 15 was the worst person.

This person was abusing his power. The first response out of his mouth I don't know why

a truck is not already at your home disconnecting your service. I asked him was he

threatening me." I don't understand why you still have service, "he said.

Immediately her attacked me verbally. I was so upset. He kept threatening to have my

service cut off, I got his number from the Public Service Commission website in

Mississippi. The person the web page is Mr, Davis but Mr, Lee apparently has taken his

place, He was extremely angry. I called the PSC to file a complaint. I told the manager

at PSC would assist me on Sept 20th, this company are letting employees really excuse the

term (dog us out. ) He said "he would make sure I would never call his office

again". That was a threat. Thank your for time and input in this matter.

• Ol
    Oliviabranch Dec 30, 2010

I agree Entergy has to be the worse utility company on the planet. Apparently they go out of their way to hire the most rude and obnoxious customer service people on the planet with absolutely no brains, common courtesy, manners or the slightest form of decency be it human or otherwise. This company went into my account and took out two payments five days ago and this is the holiday. To add insult to injury I get a supervisor who promises me it's only a hold by their third party vendor and the money will be back in my account in the morning. Noootttt!!! What liars. We are talking about a situation caused by their negligence. If I don't get a resolution I will find an attorney and go after them in the form of a Class Action Lawsuit. This is robbery plain and simple. I live paycheck to paycheck and the money that was in my account for my child's winter coat is no longer there because of Entergy. If anyone has already moved forward with any legal representation please let me know and I'll be happy to provide my input. This is outrageous!!

• Fa
    fairley1 Aug 23, 2012

I can not believe that after getting my bill outta 300 on tge summer months entergy has now decided to bill us 50 dollars deposit for 3 months straight ti get it over 200 thats so sad to cheat people for 9 years they never charged me 50 now its back to back give me a break quit cheating to make money its amazing that duribg hard times yall find a way to still cheat people.

• Lw
    L.Walls Aug 16, 2015

Entergy is straight up robbing me this summer.My bill went from always $70-$80.00 now to 90.00 from that to $146.00 for the month of July and now Aug $170.00 when i haven't added but only taken away unplugged just about everything in this apartment and cut off my ac.Now my bill is 170.00 (MY BILL HAS NEVER BEEN THIS HIGH) WTH is going on?! For anything my bill supposed to decrease not increase, oh i am most definitely putting them on the news.

• Re
    Reviewer31848 Nov 17, 2015

Its wrong that entergy is the only light company you have to go to. If the bill is less than what they have for your deposit then it is wrong they are able to cut off my power. There should be other companies you can go to if you do not like the service they provide.

Threatening company rep

I called to Entrgy to discuss my bill. I have two sons in college and needed to
threatening me." I don't understand why you still have service, "he said.
service cut off, I got his number from the Public Service Commission website in
at PSC would assist me on Sept 20th, this company is letting employees really excuse the
term (dog us out. ) He said "he would make sure I would never call his office
again". That was a threat. Thank your for time and input in this matter.

Ridiculous Deposit amount!

Well a picture is worth a thousand words right? Look at the ridiculous amount of security deposit they wanted me to pay to open a new account! $2160 when my monthly bills are at $158! That is enough to cover me for 13 months of payment!

marion56 Feb 10, 2011

themasshole are ouy of control, and from what i heard if you pay your electric bill 12 months straight with no late payments, they are suppose to refund your full electric security deposit to you, from what i've learned they do give it back but in the form of a credit against future bills, no currency to you that you can actually spend to buy food and pay other bills, but as a credit toward future electric bills payable to only them, Just the thought of this crooked [censor] on how they handle bussiness gives me the shivers!

marion56 Feb 10, 2011

this company is out of control, and from what i heard if you pay your electric bill 12 months straight with no late payments, they are suppose to refund your full electric bill security deposit that they took from you but, from what i've learned they do give it back but in the form of a credit against future bills, no currency to you that you can actually spend to buy food and pay other bills, but as a credit toward future electric bills payable to only them, Just the thought of this crooked rule handlind my money and yours and how they handle bussiness gives me the shivers. apparently you dont get your electric refund deposit back in a form you can control after you pay 12 months straight on time, but you get in back in the form of a credit that they can use to their advantage, Pretty slick! I expected nothing less from them!

• Ah
    ahungarian Jun 26, 2015

Entergy is one of the worst company I ever had to deal with. I had to pay the deposit they asked for and right away. Upon moving I re-
    quested disconnection of service and they informed me that refund of deposit will take 6-weeks. Today I got an other e-mail that refund will take 60-days. What is the matter with this people.? They must have the slowest computer on earth or what.? Why I have to wait 60-
    days.? I need MY money NOW. I am on a meager Social Security and on a very tight budget. I will find a way to complain to the regula-
    tory authority here in Louisiana, but probably Entergy have them in their pocket. I saved all e-mails to and from Entergy.! I have other issues with Entergy, which I will take up with the after I receive my refund.

Rick420 Jun 29, 2016

I wonder what will happen that very moment these ignorant people realize that these extra deposits and the deposit amounts are regulated by the very people they vote for. Scenerio, you vote in the local election, your vote helps get candidate Doe to the local legislation. Legislator Doe approves a deposit increase in amount and allowed frequency. So the moral of the story here is, you're complaining to Entergy about a regulated fee that is approved by the people YOU put in office. Congratulations, this is why you live in LA or AR and continue to do so without realizing your local government is doing you wrong. You deserve this.

Overpriced

Budget billing? I think not! 6 months of service, paying around $300 - $500 monthly, ending with an additional $2100 bill, all for a shotgun house. They say it's my fault for signing up for the service, "As they advise their customers not to do for the first year of their service." Ahem, I was not advised "not to sign up." Actually, I was encouraged, but now certainly discouraged. Irony is here, I can feel it. I can also feel them slapping it on my credit report, which was flawless, because I didn't pay from August 15th (payment posted) until November 7th (payment posted). As they've told me, "After 90 days we report to the credit bureaus." Who's doing their math?
How does one dispute an energy balance or an unfair credit reporting? The story really gets more elaborate, but I won't bore you... just a warning for Entergy consumers. Oh yes, also they are happy to accept payments for your grossly ending balance, but they send no statements or reminders... until you forget to pay and you've been reported. Well, thank you Entergy!

Monopoly

It all started in Dec. 08 when I recieved a disconnect notice for a total of $565. My avg utility bill i...

Bad service

My bill was due SEPTEMBER 25, they mailed me a cut off notice on OCTOBER 2, received it on OCTOBER 7 they will cut off my power on OCTOBER 9

The bill is not even 30 days late, it is only for the month of SEPTEMBER.

• Bo
    Bobby Nov 17, 2008

I havent received November's bill butI received a disconnect for not paying it.
    I have been cut oss three times since Ike. Once because we requested someone check the meter. My bill has increases by 100 to 120% over the same period last year. The usless CSR told us we bought something. Last time I checked we didnt purchase and additional household and attach it to an outlet. The problem is that we are locked into the yoyos and have no other option. Legal Crooks is all Entergy is.

• Ho
    Hogoblin May 24, 2010

I just the smae Notice my Bill was due on May 4th and I got the disconnection notice on May 15th, last day to pay May 24th . I think Entergy should be taken to court for this kind of practice . I think they are trying to hit cutomers after they got hit my Hurricane IKE . I am thinking to getting solart panel and cut the idiots off . I wish I could switch to another provider, which is another Monopoly they have on my area that I can't switch .

Billing Practices

Apparently three was an unpaid portion of a bill, to the tune of $20 (why?, I don't know), it was carried over to the following months bill. Of which just a cumulative figure was given and a pay date of the September 21st given. On the 10th of September I arrive home in the late evening to found that my power has been out for a number of hours. I quickly call Entergy to find that I had to have a portion, that $20 dollars paid by 9th of September. This of course was nowhere on the bill, the bill I had included this amount a showed a due date of the 21st. Not a breakdown of $20 by the 9th and the remainder by the 21st. I did not receive any other piece of mail or a phone call about an interruption of my service. I was able to get the power restored and was forced to pay $50 reconnect fee. Which I complained vehemently about, as I feel I was not entirely at fault.

I receive my current months bill, only to find that another magical $50 charge. I call and find that it is a $50 Deposit, to go along with the $200 deposit I gave them to start service. I ask why do they need so much deposit considering the my average energy bill is about $80 a month (single bedroom) and since they are so quick to pull the trigger on the plug, it would take 3 months of non payment to use up that amount (of course i would never do this). No answer.. It most be nice to run a Monopoly. If I had any other option I would get my power elsewhere. Thanks for reading

• Wp
    WPPPPP Apr 13, 2009

yeah ENTERGY is bullcrap

• Be
    beinola Sep 27, 2010

Entergy did not bill me for 2 months. When I called and asked what was going on with the bill, no one could give me an amount. I went in person. No one could give me an amount. I was then billed for 2 months, had late fees, but a letter came with the bill explaining that there was a billing error and that I could pay any outstanding charges over time. John M. Browning (the Supervisor of Customer Accounting)stated in his letter that they would work with me. My first skipped bill was for $81.38. I paid $100. I told the customer service rep I could pay more on Oct. 20. I get paid once per month. A week later I get another bill. I call again only to find out I have late fees and a cut off notice. I took off work today to go see them. They told me if I didn't pay any remaining balance my service would be cut off. I had to pay over $100 to keep the lights on. Mind you, I just paid $100 a week ago. I get paid once per month and live in a 500 square foot apartment. Entergy did not work with me. They have caused me financial hardship. I am always on time with my bill. I feel screwed.

• La
    ladonnadougan Sep 01, 2012

Oh yes so much for there"Power of the people "ad campaign...thats a load of ###
    When we had the power outages from the ice storm in 2008, every time anyone in my family called they were rude and obnoxious...
    their customer service sucks...i too wish we had a REAL " power of the people" company...
    YOU SUCK ENTERGY, BIG TIME.
    LaDonna Dougan Pocahontas AR

• Fk
    f#$ked1 Feb 20, 2014

i have a bill for 1352.73 if my lights are turned off i will lose my home by my kids i have tried calling public commissioners office and the only thing that he could say was waaahhhh i cant make themlet u make a payments its a corprate bizness

• Mo
    Moon Hollow Farm Jul 09, 2014

I have the exact same situation with Entergy regarding a shut-off situation that occurred in May 2014. Same exact confusion over bill, overdue amount (which I didn't realize had carried over etc.), immediate shut-off, etc. I have been in this state for 14 years and have paid my bill every single month. I have lived in D.C., California, Missouri, Tennessee, Florida and overseas. Let me state again, I have never not paid a utility bill. Like you, I wasn't told about any $200 fee on top of a $50 reconnect. Not only am I appalled at the exorbitant fees, I am humiliated by their treating me like some nary-do well. I fully admit I misinterpreted the bill---but the Entergy rep told me it is so confusing that even she had her service disconnected for the same exact reason.
    I can understand the $50 reconnect fee is necessary. The rest is just a consumer rip-off.

Rick420 Jun 29, 2016

I remain neutral on this. While I do agree these additional deposits and fees are a bit high and consistent... I also hate to inform you that any additional fees are regulated and APPROVED by your local PSC. Meaning the very people YOU elected are responsible for this situation. Ultimately, you're the cause of the very fees you despise.

Rip off

First of all i didn't receive a bill for two months then when i did it was 800.00, after paying a 500 dollar deposit to get service turned on they want an additional 150 deposit because i paid my bill late, all because they never mailed one... this company offers *** customer service, and service, use anyone else but them, the supervisor told me that i would have to pay it all in full before they reconnect service and an additional 12.50 trip charge and a 12.50 reconnect charge, i don't really care about the 25.00 but they are a ripp off... i mean it a rip off, they should be kicked out of texas...*** this company... i am reporting them to the p.u.c., and writing to the mayor to express my interests in deregulation, cause conroe cant use anyone but shifty entergy and they suckkk ***...

• Bo
    Bobby Nov 17, 2008

Been there done that. They SUCK. The CSR people SUCK more.

• Li
    Lindell Sep 30, 2009

I agree that Entergy sucks, and needs some competition. Maybe then, they will learn how to talk to the customers with respect. They need to be taught how to improve on their customer service before being allowed to serve the public. They are not helpful, nor are they knowledgeable of their jobs. This company is a real rip off... Instead of Entergy trying to figure out how they can be a better service to the community, they just choose to try to invent more and more ways to over charge their customers...Needless to say, someone high authority needs to step in and do something about this company.

• Io
    Ionette Neal Jan 21, 2012

Entergy truly sucks. The CSR are not human. They are some f**king. I hope they are out in the cold over a weekend because of an error made on the company's part and not on the consumer. They accidentally turned off my electric on a Thursday night and I called to complain. I talked with them and pleaded with them to turn my electric back on all day Friday and the best the could do would say we are too busy and it will be first thing Monday morning. I wish they had some competition then they would know how to treat people. They weren't too busy to wrongly disconnect my service but they are too busy to reconnect my service. This happened on January 12, 2012. One CSR had the nerve to tell me "well, it's not suppose to be that cold this weekend, you'll be alright." The b***h should come stay in my cold house with no lights, no food and let me stay at her house, then everything I will be alright. This company should be shut down permanently!!!

Rian Simon Jun 21, 2012

Dear Entergy,
    Hi I am writing a formal letter of complaint to Entergy based on my extravagant Deposit and cost of fuel. I just moved to Apartment **** and was never told about my enormous deposit fee when signing up for Entergy. When I moved into this apartment my mailbox never had a door on it for a few weeks so mail not coming to my family was a issue. So this being I never received a single bill or letter at all from Entergy. Well today 06/21/2012 I get a call and it is Entergy stating that my services will be turned off on June 22, 2012. So I call back and speak to a nice lady in the beginning who was trying to help me out in my situation about not being able to pay a 450 deposit. So she informs me I could pay half of my entire bill, so we make an agreement to do so and she goes to get a managers approval. Then next thing I know I am on the phone with the manager saying no you are about to have it disconnected and there is nothing we can do for you. So I tell her my financial situation and she still won’t help, so I admit from here I am getting extremely irritated because I was told one thing and then a supervisor tells me another. I have two infants in my house and for my electricity to be turned off without ANY proper notification is absurd. So I decided to get a answer on why my deposit is so high just like others in my apartment complex. She literally tells me it is because of the area you live in! I do live in a nice apartment complex but that should NOT have anything to do with how much I pay for electricity, it should only be based on my credit which has a score of 740. So the probably I am having with this deposit is that everybody in my apartment has an extremely high deposit and as well a 70 fuel charge, which I am guessing is monthly. My curiosity got me to wondering because before I moved in I ran a electricity provider check to see who covers my area and not a single provided was charging me a deposit based on my credit, besides Entergy and a small deposit from Green Mountain. Well come to find out that my electricity provider in the complex is only Entergy… This strikes me as odd because the supervisor I spoke too said it was based on my area, so I see a clear Electricity Scam going on and Electricity Price Gouging. Entergy is the only provider for the complex, everybody has a extremely high deposit and fuel charge and we have no other electricity providers to choose from. I would believe this looks as if we are being scammed from anyone. So once the supervisor said she would not help me, and I tried to be calm as much as possible so I ask to speak to her supervisor and she says I am the only one you can talk too. The time was 6:50 P.M. and next thing I knew when I was trying to find my check book was she hung up on me! Then I call back and get someone else on the line and it was finally 6:58 and then another representative hangs up on me. So I tried calling again and you were closed. So basically I received no help with the supervisor and to make matters worse she decided to just go home for the day and leave me with no help and soon to be without electricity! I am not the one to write complaints, this is actually my first ever but I have never been treated as bad as I was and felt so helpless. Please be aware this has caused me much frustration and will be sending this letter to Texas Public Utility Commission to investigate this issue and “price gouging” as well as to my local news channels and even further if needed.

• Da
    david allen2 Feb 24, 2013

They truly are a work of excrement. Show me an overpriced deposit and we'll show you th worst customer service in the 3rd world. One day overdue and we'll show you what our crews can do. It might take us 3 weeks to get the lights back on after a cow pisses on a flat rock, but we'll pay our servicemen double time to turn off your power if you are a day late on your payment

• Ne
    NeeCee1966 Jan 21, 2018

Entergy just placed a 430.00 additional deposit on my account. The highest electric bill I have ever received since I have lived here (4 years) was 320.00. Keep in mind this is an additional deposit. No explanation, no nothing just stick it on my bill to pay. They are the only electric company we can use so I guess they think they can do what they want to. They have a monopoly and they use it!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices