Energy Plus Holdings Logo

Energy Plus Holdings

Having problems with Energy Plus Holdings?

Energy Plus Holdings Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 964 5672 (Customer Service)
+1 888 766 3509 (Connecticut)
+1 877 580 3916 (Illinois)
+1 877 580 3915 (Maryland)
+1 877 232 7053 (Massachusetts)
+1 877 866 9193 (New Jersey)
+1 877 232 7052 (Pennsylvania)
3711 Market St.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States - 19104
Postal Address
P.O. Box 38815, Philadelphia, PA 19104-9728

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Energy Plus Holdings Customer Service. Initial Energy Plus Holdings complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Energy Plus Holdings above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Energy Plus Holdings. Discuss the issues you have had with Energy Plus Holdings and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Energy Plus HoldingsDouble charge electricity

After over 4 years switched to energy plus due to a Airline mileage program, I just realized today that I was double charged my electricity all the time. It overcharged me over thousand of dollars.
When I called them for cancellation, they simply said oh your promotion was expired and you never called.
I searched online and found out lots of other people had same bad experience but they found out earlier and switched with less financial lost.

Energy Plus Holdings LLC Prices almost doubled in one month

I switched from ComEd about 6 months ago. During the winter months my bills were about $10 lower than with ComEd. As soon as it got a little warm, my bill doubled. My bills in August of last year with ComEd at the height my electric use were not as high as Energy Plus. It is clear that they will charge you low prices during the winter and double your bills as soon as the summer months come. If I stay with them through the summer my bills will be at least twice the cost of ComEd bills last month based on the prices and usage charts on my bill. It takes 2-3 months before you can switch back to ComEd so they can keep charging you outrageous bills for 2-3 months more when you are using the most energy. DO NOT SWITCH TO ENERGY PLUS HOLDINGS!!!

Energy Plusmisleading advertising

I am an attorney who signed up to Energy Plus based on their representation that I could earn miles on my energy bill and that their prices would be based on the market cost for energy. I did not watch mybills and only found out later hat Energy Plus charged me nearly $3, 000 more over two years, than I would have been charged if I stayed with Con Ed.

I am in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against Energy Plus. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com or [protected] if you would like to take part. It will not cost you a penny.

• Ca
          Cao Lingzhi Nov 24, 2020

Hi there, are you still doing the class action lawsuit?

• Ac
          acamil Dec 22, 2011

They claim they can save you 15% on electric rates. When I check my bills they were charging 10% more that the utility. They assume most people do not look at their bills and compare the rates once they have signed up.

Energy PlusInflated Rates

After reading the many complaints other have made regarding switching their service from a utility company to Energy Plus, I really do feel foolish. I should have checked here before making the switch. Energy Plus sent promotional offers to residents in our area, offering rewards for switching over to them, and to save you money. After only 2 months with Energy Plus, my bill has more than doubled!!! When I called, they did remind me that they offered variable rates, however, I quickly reminded them that as a competitor their rates should be competitive, not DOUBLE. I researched my energy billl for the past 3 years with regard to usage and billing, and it was clear that the most cost effective solution for me is to switch back to my original utility company ASAP. EnergyPlus is no BARGAIN!.

gg class action attorney Apr 21, 2012

oops typo! the correct email address is [email protected]

gg class action attorney Apr 10, 2012

I am planning on filing a class action against Energy Plus. If you live in New York State and are unhappy with the service you have received from Energy Plus, please contact me immediately at [email protected] You may be able to be a lead plaintiff in a class action against Energy Plus. Win or lose, it will not cost you a penny. Timing is of the essence, so please contact me immediately.
            Attorney Advertising.

Energy Plus Holdings LLC Fraud

The Company is a fraud, They wrap customers up with a special hook offers like free miles or save on state tax and free points with an advertising hint that you are going to save money. Once you bite because you think you are going to save on your utility bill they have you and the fraud begins. One they never deposit the points or miles as agreed into your accounts and when you call they will tell you its a billing error or they over looked it. Second they gauge you on the cost of your electric you buy from them. They tell you they are buying at market prices but you will see you bill only go up on the average of 100-300% or even more. By the time you realize what is going on and call to cancel they tell you it takes a billing cycle to switch back and steal more of your money. I was with them for almost a year until I paid attention to what was happening. They are stealing from NY customers and the Attorney General needs to get involved. I plan on going after this company on my own and am in the process of collecting customer bills to put together a class action lawsuit. I have been posting on message boards and there are hundreds of upset customers who feel there money was stolen also. The best part is when you call Energy Plus holdings to complain and let them know you want your money back and accuse them, they will issue a refund immediately to keep you quite. They are praying on people who wont pay attention or are embarrassed to fight them and are making millions at the expense of Energy customers who were duped. I have written certified letters to all the Energy Companies they are working with. I have also notified Jet Blue, U-Promise, and Marriot Rewards among others to let them all know that Energy Plus Holdings is using there name in a well planned fraud to deceit there long time loyal customers. If you have been taken by this company and want to join the fight e-mail us right away. We will get this company for what they are doing.

• Sc
              Scott Pogoda Dec 12, 2014

I was getting charged triple on my business account. I looked around for a reputable company and found Entheos Energy out of western NY. They were fast and fair!! The guy who helped me was Steve [protected] ext 6

gg class action attorney Apr 21, 2012

oops typo- that email address should have read [email protected]

gg class action attorney Apr 10, 2012

Attorney Advertising.

• Pa
              Patrick Finlay Feb 19, 2012

I expected to receive benefits in electricity cost. i probably did not.

I am not sure the miles (American Advantage) promised were delivered.

• Pa
              Patrick Finlay Feb 19, 2012

I have been supplied Electricity by Energy Plus Holdings LLC for about a year or more.

I am currently being cvharged 13.9 cents per Kwh.

Constllation's BGE Home products will sell for 8.6 cents. I changed to EPH. LLC for the promise of AAdvantage miles.

If you will be doing a Class Action Suit against EPH LLC, I'd like to be part.
              E-mail address: [email protected] Thank you.

Energy PlusDeceptive Sales

I have been an Energy Plus customer for almost 3 years and I found out in the last 6 month I have been over paying by quite a lot. I found this site and it appears that I was not alone. As a poster has said here, they are extremely good at trying to resolve the problem at the end but they don't address the real root of the cause. They are just extremely over priced compared to Con Edison. What is the point of rebates if they over charge you and then give a little bit of it back to you. I wanted to believe I wasn't a sucker but after going back and forth about 4 times with their sales people I realized this is their business practice, to scam you nicely and pretend that they are not over charging you. They say please and thank you but they WILL charge you at least 20 to 30% more. They kept insisting I get the facts and check the "all-in" rate that they quote vs the low "not all in" rate that Con Ed doesn't charge. So after wasting more hours of my time they still ended up being at least 20% higher!

Energy PlusScam, over charges by 100 to 250%

Over two years ago I switched to Energy Plus after speaking to one of their sales people. They told me I should see and an average of 7% savings over my current suppliers charges in addition to getting 1% back into my son's Upromise account as well as a $25 signing bonus that would also go into the Upromise account. I believed Energy Plus's representation and I signed up. I now regret it and partially blame myself because my wife knew something was wrong. She pays the utility bills and on several occasions she had told me that the electric bills seemed really high as compared to the past. I dismissed her concerns with a statement like " energy is getting more expensive, don't worry we have a good deal". I now know, what an idiot I was not to listen to her. Last week my wife insisted I call to have the meter checked because of how high the bill was. I did, and was shocked when National Grid told me that in my most recent bill, I paid over 14 cents per KWH to Energy Plus when National Grid was charging a little over 5 cents. I immediately called Energy Plus and spoke to a supervisor, this is where it gets interesting. The supervisor was apologetic and explained, that recently their cost had spiked but generally speaking, over time everything averaged out and that they offered competitive electric supply rates. I now know, that this phrase "competitive rates " is a phrase they use a lot to cover their deception and presumably, walk the fine line of legality. Their idea and anybody else’s idea of competitive is quite different. The supervisor I spoke with did a quick review of my account and told me that indeed, over the last year I had paid a bit more than my original supplier would have charged but the year prior to that I had done well. He assured me that he would look at the last year of my bills and see if "some adjustment could be made".
              While I was waiting for the supervisors call back, I did a bit of investigating myself. I googled "Energy Plus Scam" and was not surprised to see the page fill with complaints of over charging, then I took a detailed look at my last 23 months of Electric bills, noted the amount charged by Energy Plus for my energy supply and called National Grid (previous supplier) and got the amount they had been charging during the same period. The result of this simple check, dropped my jaw in disbelief. I had been taken to the cleaners. Over 23 months, Energy Plus overcharged me from 100% to over 200% more each month than what I would have been charged if I had stayed with National Grid. Most of the months the overcharge was between 140% to 200%. I called the Energy Plus supervisor back and asked him to look back a bit further than one year because his representation that the first year of their service, I had done well, was much like the original sales spiel, not true. The supervisor then told me that, I shouldn't forget, that all the while I had been benefiting from the 1% rebate back to my son's Upromise account and that their charge had been clearly stated on my bill. He went on to say that I could have canceled at anytime, free of charge and that as it turns out their company isn't as competitive (there's that word again) in my area as they are in other areas. The supervisor did get back to me that day, and offered me 600.00 and advised me that he didn't have to offer that. Six hundred dollars isn't close to what their overcharges amounted to. He went on to say that he was only able to go back one year in my account and that would be the best he could do.

I've severed my relationship with Energy Plus and am waiting for the check now. I fully expect the check to have some kind of statement below the endorsement area which will release them of any further liability. If that is the case I will not be signing it. Either way I will be filing a complaint with the NYS Public Service Commission (80 complaints so far ) and perhaps the NYS Attorney General in the coming weeks. It is indeed scary that a company like this can continue to do business in NYS. Why hasn't the NYS Public Service Commission shut them down. Why have the Energy Plus, executives not been prosecuted for fraud. I hope that Upromise has or is in the process of disassociating themselves from Energy Plus.
              Bottom line, be very careful with these alternative energy companies. As it turns out, there are many predatory companies like Energy Plus out there. Some how they are allowed to continue to do business, this is truly a buyer beware industry.

Energy Plus Holdings LLC — Rip off

CL&P had been charging 11.5 per kwh and just dropped it's rate to 9.48 effective Jan. 2011. Energy Plu...

Energy Plus Holdings LLC Energy Plus Holdings LLC Reviews - Scam

Hi, I also took the bait and switched from Orange and Rockland Untilities for my electrical supply portion, back in 2009. When I first ran the numbers, they compared very favorably, and, with the American Airlines promotional miles, plus the few miles I got every month, I was reasonably happy. And, like many folks, I got lazy and just assumed that they were providing me with the best deal around. When my January bill came (largest ever) I noticed that the Supplier end of things was quite large ($0.19875/KWH) and called back into Orange and Rockland who said that theirs was currently $0.1190!!!. When I asked what O&R had averaged over the past 12 months, I found out it was $0.1023 and when I went back and added up the EP rates, that same period averaged $0.1692... over 60% more!. I calculated that I paid over $187 extra to EP for their rates inflated over O&R over the year (on a total of $849). So, while I love the idea of miles, green energy and lower bills... at this point EP has a history (at least in the mid-Hudson region, Orange County) of charging over 60% more for the same KW. In asking to be changed back to O&R, I'm told that will take another 2 months!! ... (which, in these days of computers and electronic commerce I just do not understand) but they agreed to revisit my final bills, once they come in. So caveat emptor.

• Sg
                    sge411 Mar 01, 2011

Energy Plus won't tell you their rates, I will. Here is the last 20 some odd monthe of Energy Plus vs. National Grid. Eye opening to say the least.

Comments

• Sg
                    sge411 Mar 01, 2011

Please read this if you are considering switching your electric supply company to Energy Plus. (from original post on Feb 14, with minor accuracy revisions)

Over two years ago I switched to Energy Plus after speaking to one of their sales people. They told me I should see and an average of 7% savings over my current supplier’s charges in addition to getting 3% back into my son's Upromise account as well as a $25 signing bonus that would also go into the Upromise account. I believed Energy Plus's representation and I signed up. I now regret it and partially blame myself because I didn't’ listen to my wife. My wife knew something was wrong. She pays the utility bills and on several occasions she had told me that the electric bills seemed really high as compared to the past. I dismissed her concerns with a statement like "energy is getting more expensive, don't worry we have a good deal". I now know what an idiot I was not to listen to her. Last week my wife insisted I call to have the meter checked because of how high the bill was. I did call, and was shocked when National Grid told me that in my most recent bill, I paid over 14 cents per KWH to Energy Plus when National Grid was charging a little over 5 cents.
                    I immediately called Energy Plus and spoke to a supervisor; this is where it gets interesting. The supervisor was apologetic and explained, that recently their cost had spiked but generally speaking, over time everything averaged out and that they offered competitive electric supply rates. I now know, that this word, "competitive” is a word Energy Plus uses a lot to cover their deception and presumably, walk the fine line of legality. Their idea and anybody else’s idea of competitive is quite different. The supervisor I spoke with did a quick review of my account and told me that indeed, over the last year I had paid a bit more than my original supplier would have charged but the year prior to that I had done well. He assured me that he would look at the last year of my bills and see if "some adjustment could be made".
                    While I was waiting for the supervisors call back, I did a bit of investigating myself. I googled "Energy Plus Scam" and was not surprised to see the page fill with complaints of overcharging, then I took a detailed look at my last 22 months of Electric bills, noted the amount charged by Energy Plus for my energy supply and called National Grid (previous supplier) and got the amount they had been charging during the same period. The result of this simple check dropped my jaw in disbelief. I had been taken to the cleaners. The firstmonth after signing was nearly identical to my previous supplier’s rate followed by a mere 24% overcharge and then for the next 20 months, Energy Plus overcharged me from 100% to 178% more each month than what I would have been charged if I had stayed with National Grid. Most of the months, the overcharge was between 130% and 170%. I called the Energy Plus supervisor back and asked him to look back a bit further than one year because his representation that the first year of their service, I had done well, was much like the original sales spiel, not true. The supervisor then told me that, I shouldn't forget, that all the while I had been benefiting from the 3% rebate back to my son’s Upromise account and that their rate had been clearly stated on my bill. He went on to say that I could have canceled at anytime, free of charge and that as it turns out their company isn't as competitive (there's that word again) in my area as they are in other areas. I again brought up the salesperson's original representation of saving an average of 7% annually on my electric supply. The supervisor acknowledged that this was a statement that his company’s sales people would sometimes make.

The following excerpt is from Energy Plus’s web site as of 2/13/2011, “As with all variable rate plans, your supply price may fluctuate on a monthly basis – lower or higher – to reflect the current state of each power market. However, in order to make an informed comparison to competitive offers, customers should average their bills over the course of several months or seasons, rather than taking a snapshot of just one month. Our goal is to be competitive with other energy suppliers and your local utility company over the long run, while offering valuable rewards.” Well, I would say that Energy Plus was not very good at meeting their goal. Notice again the frequent use of competitive in Energy Plus’s well crafted statement. The statement implies savings and in essence says you really can’t make an informed decision unless you wait through seasons of their inflated bills to make a decision. Rather insulting, Energy Plus doesn’t list any rates past or current on their web site for a good reason, it would limit the number of people they could take advantage of. They rather you take their word, regrettably I did.

I've severed my relationship with Energy Plus and have received the check.I will be filing a complaint with the NYS Public Service Commission (80 complaints in 2010) and perhaps the NYS Attorney General in the coming weeks. It is scary that a company like this can continue to do business in NYS. Why hasn't the NYS Public Service Commission shut them down? Why have the Energy Plus, executives not been prosecuted for fraud. I hope that Upromise has or is in the process of disassociating themselves from Energy Plus.
                    Bottom line; be very careful with these non-mainstream energy companies. As it turns out, (after checking Public Service Commission complaints) there are many companies like Energy Plus out there, preying on good people because they can. Somehow they are allowed to continue to do business, this is truly a buyer beware industry.

To add insult to injury, when I notified Upromise of this bad player affiliation that they have as mentioned by dozens of their members on the community board in the form of overcharging complaints, here is the exact text of my e-mail exchange with Upromise customer support. It doesn't give you the sense that Upromise does a lot of checking on the character of the companies they associate with or really care once it's pointed out to them as long as Upromise is getting some of the ill gotten booty.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for being a member of Upromise.

We apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the services of one
                    of our contributing companies. Unfortunately, we do not have any
                    control over the policies of our contributing companies. Contributing
                    Companies operate independently and are not under the control of
                    Upromise with respect to the Service or otherwise. However, we take
                    this as a feedback and would forward to the appropriate team of
                    Upromise. We appreciate your bringing this to our notice.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail
                    or contact Upromise customer care at [protected], so that we may
                    assist you further. We are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM
                    to 9:00 PM EST.

Sincerely,

The Upromise Customer Care Team
                    www.upromise.com

Did you know that when you open a High-Yield Savings Account by Sallie
                    Mae®, you can earn one of the best rates in the nation?
                    Learn more at http://www.upromise.com/member/deposit/savings.do

Original Message Follows:
                    ------------------------

Dear Upromise staff.

Please stop your association with Energy Plus. Just google Energy Plus
                    Scam to see all the complaints about their rates. They misrepresent the
                    savings in a huge way.The last 20 months I was overcharged by 100 to
                    over 175% as compared with the utility I had switched from for the same
                    variable rate product.
                    Your own community board tells story after story of the fraud that is
                    being perpetrated on your members. It is Upromise that introduced me to
                    Energy Plus.My post appears as user sge411.

Energy Plusscam

Signed up on line to have Energy Plus supply my electricity but Con Edison would still deliver my electricity. First month (march 31 thru April 29) - supply cost 9.8750c per KWH -- April 29-May 27 -- cost per KWH DOUBLED -- to 18.8750 --
                  Cancelled - company said will take 2 months for cacellation. Con Ed rate perKWH stayed same during that period -- Should I call Better Business Bureau?

• Pg
                      Pgk2011 May 17, 2011

This company is a complete ripoff. They promise you savings instead charge more 50% higher electric rates. When I switched my regular utility was charging .10 per hour. My first bill with energy plus I paid .124 per hour, my next bill was .149 per hour. They jacked up the rate nearly 50% in 2 months and I will not stick around another month to find out how much more I will be paying. Stay away!!!

• To
                      tom j,. murphy Jan 29, 2011

BEWARE THEY COME IN WITH TEASER RATES THEN BY MID SUMMER THEY DOUBLE THE KW RATE THEY SUCK BIG TIME THIS COMPANY HAS TO STOP!!!

• Su
                      Supercomputers90 Aug 16, 2010

To make a long story short they ripped me off for a year before I put the whole thing together and realized what was going on. I was able to get my money back from them already if you can beleive it they sent me a check for what they stole over "1200.00+" from me within a few days. However I still want to go after them. Them sending my money back is proof they are steeling from thousands of people out there and dont want a loud mouth like me to stir the pot. Looking at the best way to go about this if you want to be part of it. Send me your Name, Address and number and how many months you were with them and the aprox amount of the fraud. I am going to do my best to pull this all together and at the least get peoples money back for them or show them how. Have spoken to a few lawyers and we are going to go after them.

Thanks
                      Dave Prince
                      [email protected]

Energy Plus Holdings LLC — Scam

After receiving offers to reduce my electric bill if I switched from my local provider NYSEG, I took the...