FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

Emirates Driving Institute Customer Service and Overall Standard

To whom it may concern:

I, Franklin Fernandes, holding RTA file # [protected] like to bring to your attention with much grief about the way my driving institute, EDI has been handling my driver's training course.

I would like to highlight the following:

1. After completing 108 classes with EDI, and attempting 3 final RTA tests, I am still being told about my incapacity of driving properly during these final tests. As per the process, after you fail the driving test, its mandatory requirement to undertake additional classes which I have done diligently.

2. When I go for my additional classes, some of my instructors have mentioned that I have improved a lot in my driving skills to a point where my driving instructor at the time has dozed off to sleep.

3. The reason for this email is to ask EDI that inspite of them proclaiming "they have the best instructors" and having undergone 108 classes, I am still not skilled enough to drive properly on the road.When trying to book additional classes, I have always been promised for a call back from EDI, however on numerous occasions I have been left waiting for their call and eventually, it is me who gives them a call back.

4. All the three different driving examiners for my final tests have told me different instructions which can be looked into my score sheet. With all respect to them, its confusing to follow as to who is right and who is wrong! There seems to be no uniform pattern of driving instructions that one can follow.

5. As this is my first year in Dubai and having a low paying job, I have almost invested all my money in the EDI drivers license program and, it still seems that the license is a distant dream.

6. I am always been influenced after failing my tests to take EDI's complete package. I want to bring to your attention that I have paid more than AED 13, 000.00 and when I go to book my additional classes, without fail, I am being told to upgrade to their unlimited package.

7. The customer care representative department at EDI when approached was one of the most unprofessional persons I have communicated with. Along with the disrespectful attitude when approached for a driving class missed due to rains which was not my fault and which I also made the call center known. I wasn't given the additional class, which I eventually had to pay and take.

8. My file is due to expire on 4th of March, 2020 for which I have to cough up additional fees to renew it.I apologize, in advance and I don't want to sound ranting about my experience with EDI, but I had to get someone's attention to the way I have been treated inspite of me paying through my nose. I hope the concerned authority will assist me and make it a smooth process for me.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Mar 01, 2020

Dear Franklin,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. We would like to investigate this further to avoid any further inconvenience.

Kindly call us at 4 263 1100 or feel free to provide your contact details for us to reach out to you regarding the issue.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Tel : +971 4 263 1100

[Resolved] fixed price course / rude response with no resolution from edi rashidiya branch

we enrolled for fixed cost plan of EDI.

For Yard training class booking; we are trying to contact Rashidiya branch (in communication with Lady operator). Response is very lazy, rude and late.

Yesterday we were informed to get a confirmation of training class but till today we have not received anything.

This issue we have been facing since we are in contact with this EDI branch only else the HO of EDI was excellent to serve and accept any request.

Today we have logged a complaint on HO towards Rashidiya branch.

I dont know if it will be solved.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 29, 2020

Dear Zeeshan,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. Kindly call us back or please provide your contact details to contact you regarding the issue.

Tel : +971 4 263 1100

[Resolved] training schedule

I have completed my theory test and they told me to wait for 2 weeks to get training schedule. I have been patiently waiting and now its been almost 3 weeks and got no calls from them. I have been trying to reach them for 3 consecutive days but all they do is log a request and promising me of getting a call from them but got nothing. They tried transferring my call to someone called Imran for about 3 times during all my calls but to no avail.

Very unprofessional and outrageous service they have.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 07, 2020

Dear Anreia,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and would like to resolve your issue on priority. Please share the following information with us to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Registration Number
    Phone number

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 08, 2020

Dear Anreia,

We are still awaiting your response.

Kindly let us know the above requested details to work on priority. Hope to hear from you soon!

[Resolved] customer service

The business bay customer care has been by far the worst experience I've had to face in my entire driving experience. The driving experience was great and the test was great as well but to have them schedule a class or to schedule a test has us the most tiresome and frustrating experience. The representatives don't call you back for days with booking and when you do finally demand a reason for delay they give you reasons like"the management decided the bookings for students" which I find extremely difficult to believe.
Extremely unprofessional and rude customer service and overshadows the entire experience which might be pleasant otherwise.
Not worth it at all!!

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Nov 24, 2019

Dear Customer,
    We apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide your contact details to us for us to get in touch with you.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] fixed price course - not true!!! and they keep failing students just to earn money

My friend applied for the manual license on March 2018 and he paid FULL for the Fixed Price Course as the staff said he doesnt have to pay even if he fail many times. However, he failed parking test and assessment test and road test BUT THEY KEEP ASKING HIM TO PAY FOR BOTH CLASS AND THE EXAM SAYING THAT IT IS NOT PART OF THE FIXED PRICE COURSE!!! So instead of the fixed price 4700dhs+ until now he already paid 9000dhs+ !!!

My friend has been driving before here in Dubai since he has an international driving license before when he only had tourist visa. I could say that he is a very good and careful and calm driver and he never had fine nor accidents in that long period that he was driving all over UAE.

Now that he decided to stay in UAE and got an EID, his international driving license isnt acceptable anymore, hence forcing him to apply Dubai license. EDI keeps changing teachers and long time waiting just for classes, the teachers dont tell him notes" as they said he is already perfect driver.

But once he gets to the final road test, RTA examiner seems to be paying close attention just to fail one student even if its minor. THEY DONT EVEN GIVE FAILURE PAPER. Before they gave my friend a paper after he failed and he was shocked to receive 16 points mistakes, and he said it's not even true. I asked him many times to complain but he said there's no point as he sees that everyone there do not care about the students and they only need money.

So now he is transferring to another driving school. DONT GO TO EMIRATES DRIVING SCHOOL AT ALL!

• Updated by Mia04 · Oct 28, 2019

Above is Al Quoz branch for Emirates Driving Institute

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 30, 2019

We apologies for the experience that caused such inconvenience to your friend. Please mail us his registration or contact details to investigate this case.

• Al
    alhas001122 Feb 03, 2020

Just want to confirm which fixed price course was that? In 2019-20, they're charging AED: 10500/- minimum for the fixed price course.

[Resolved] poor and dumb customer support

I called edi customer support to ask details about the file transfer to get unlimited package because I spent more than too much at Belhasa driving Center. She told me it's 5000 and if I pay full amount I will get 10% off so total amount will be 4500+vat. So I went to Belhasa to apply for my transfer documents as per the reviews from my friends about edi "they said it's all trap and edi will only look for money" then I called customer care again and asked the same question, as my friends said this time they changed their words now they are saying it's 5500 and 10% off if I pay full amount. I went to edi qusais branch regarding the same but they were so irresponsible that I didn't make any payment and no registration id so they just said it's our mistake but we cannot do anything. Luckily and I didn't close my file from Belhasa if I would have closed I am completely trapped.
One thing to appreciate from edi is supervisor is saying it's a mistake from our side but we don't do anything for you, because I am no where related to edi
Very good customer support online And offline 👏👏👏

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 26, 2019

• As
    Asdo.efs71 Nov 06, 2019

My friend same condition me i pay told much money belhasa so i want file transfer edi unlimitedpackage

• @Asdo.efs71 Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused. Kindly provide your contact details to get in touch with you.

[Resolved] rude and incompetent staffs

Good morning,

My EDI ID is [protected].
I have had the worst experience with your institution and its really heartening, the service im getting its like they chose me not me choosing them,
I have paid FULL FEE for my UNLIMITED classes
I started my trainings on 25th of June, i have done my trainings faithfully, i have had an uncountable extensions and i have taken them seriously.The problem came when everytime they extend me and i finish my extensions something comes up and im told i havent finished my trainings, i missed a class and i retook the class on 30th of Sep, i thot it was done but the instructor extended my trainings with 2 more classes, on 8th and 9th i did the extensions and my instructor was okay to book me an exam with RTA, i was told ill be called after 2 to 3days, i waited patiently, only to be called and be told i still have pending classes and couldn't take my exam, i asked why and was told i had not finished my trainings, i told him i did and i even gave him all the dates i did my classes and unfortunately some were even not matching the data they had, i had some dates i went for classes and were never registered and some he had dates that i never went for classes, clearly there was a problem
I was told ill be called after 2 to 3 working days that was Saturday 12th of Oct and i received a call back on 19th of Oct a whole week!! Somebody calls me and asked me what was really the problem, i was pissed because after a whole week i expected atleast an apology for the delay and get a detailed feedback, the person seemed not to even know what was happening, i was told i will be called later.
Rashid from the head office who was personally taking my schedules and he is actually the person who was telling me of my progress and how many classes remaing called, he told me i had two more classes to take i asked how and why yet your the person who schedules me and all the info i get is from you, he told me to talk to his supervisor, She was the rudest person ave ever encountered in my entire EDi experience.
My concern is twice there was a miscalculations of my classes and the same lady supervisor came calculated and gave me the exact remaining classes which i booked all at the sametime, the only class i had to rebook was the 1hr i was late.
This classes are added every now and then without me being informed prior.
The customer service you have is pathetic!!! Rude and very impolite, im not scheduling my trainings and i have no idea of how they even calculate ut i only rely on the info they give me, they give me wrong info and when i question its like they are the ones paying my fee!!!
Its sickening!!!
I have never missed a class im not intending to, i dont schedule my classes they do that, but the mishandlements i really cannot stomach it it has to STOP, people need to respect others, talk polite and give the right informations!!!
I dont want to be told i have 2 remaining classes after the two i end up having 2 more without extensions just from the blues!!

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 26, 2019

Dear Customer,
    We apologies for the inconvenience caused and are working to resolve this case at the earliest.

• Al
    alhas001122 Feb 03, 2020

Hi,

How much fee have you paid for your FULL FEE for UNLIMITED classes?

Have they been asking you more money? As I heard the fixed price course is a rip-off?

[Resolved] worst service existing in uae

This is the worst service existing in UAE, very bad customer experience.
for weeks we are trying to schedule training class with no luck due to the absence of their staff ownership. We are subscribing to Up town Midriff, promised to get an update for weeks with no luck. unresponsive supervisor is the least we can say. After tens of calls with call center my simple request to start my training is not resolved!

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 01, 2019

Dear Eman,
    We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please share your registration number with us to resolve the issue at the earliest with regards to your training booking.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] poor behaviour of management

I passed my theory test dated 7-05-19 then i put request for giving classes me they say wait for 2 weeks. I fellow up with call centre they says after with in 2 weeks I recieved call for classes
Now 2 weeks complete no body call me I again call call centre they says you request for Pakistani instructor no availability for Pakistan instructor
I say ok give me other instructor . After that no body call me I again call centre they says your 2 weeks not complete you take simulator class 12-05-19 Wait 2 weeks that date
I says ok ..i again call call centre for fellow up they says no availability for morning class take it night
I says how I take at night this is holy month of Ramadan and at night we are busy in aftari and tarvi prayer that guys laughing and says night class start after aftari ..i says do you know about namaz.tarvi if you donot know not make laughing
My registration number is [protected] my name is Arslan Sajjad
Kindly told your staff not play with the emotion of religious matter if they donot know about anything first take knowledge.about that
This is poor service edi even not fulfil any requirement and even told me every time different story
No body knows his duty when I shall get my training give me correct time not says tommarrow or after tommarrow we will contact you
No body contact me

[Resolved] unethical behavior

Please for the kind information of emirates driving institute if you are hiring examiners please make sure...

[Resolved] outrageous driving assessments

I just had my Road Assessment today... and this Technical Officer of EDI just gave me the most outrageou...

[Resolved] customer service and overall standard

I registered myself with EDI last year June 2016. Initially i have high expectation from this driving...

unfair treatment

Its Sad to realize How EDI they are Heartless and they don't care how poor people save money for the Driving School Collaborating with RTA Team who doesn't give a chance for a minor mistake,

Once you fail the Exam you are kept for a month waiting for the next Class Schedule Pitty.

With my 18 years driving Experience from country its a shame for what i have Experienced with EDI, Racism and careless attitude from the instructors to Examiners,
I have spend more than Aed 13, 000 and still i haven't manged to get the Driving Licence,
I, m saying this because i started Classes with Asians and Europeans and they got their Driving Licences with the first Test and its not because they were perfect, all happened before my eyes. They have the laziest instructors who sleeps in the car through out the Lesson, others Borrowing money from students and if you don't give he makes sure that he will not help you.
when i addressed my concern to RTA Supervisor he told me to log my complaint in on line web.

I have been patient enough and i had decided to keep this for myself but now they are provoking me by giving me unpromising Schedules, can some help please

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Mar 21, 2020

Dear Nicodemus,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are constantly striving to ensure that we provide better service to our customers.

I hope your concern has been addressed already. In case you have any issues, please feel free to reach us out on the call center number mentioned on our profile.

• Ni
    Nicodemus Oct 19, 2016

When you complain you are black mailed still cant believe this.

[Resolved] scam, ripoff

Bad school worst ever!! you will fail the final exam just to pay them more money .. No matter what you do you will fail .. First time happy photos on their website? well it must be a female .. They will suck your money with more and more fails you do

• Ba
    batman8 Mar 27, 2017

Sadly, same thing happened to my son.

• Ba
    Babylove17 Apr 06, 2017

Unfortunately, same thing happened to my husband. And what's even more sad is that we have to pay again... and the price is not cheap! Waste of time, money and effort.

[Resolved] mis behaviour

I was looking for my driving schedule with Al quoz EDI branch and the person who is attending the call wa...

[Resolved] Rally bad service

I went to EDI as they are supposed to be professional and a good school. After I paid the first installment and with many phone calls trying to arrange my schedule I manage to complete the first couple of lessons. From there on they just did not bother to call me back for arranging the rest of the classes. Whenever I called them to give them my week schedule so that they can arrange for my driving lessons they just ignore me. They made me pay the second batch of money and they are still ignoring me big time.
I am now trying to get some supervisor to complain and try to get my money back. Next stop is RTA complaint.

Just use any other school!!1

• Updated by Customer care EDI · Nov 05, 2013

On behalf of EDI, would like to offer our sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience caused. At EDI, we follow the policy of calling our customers well in time when their classes are scheduled and they are always informed in advance about their classes schedule. We try our best to provide timely and swift service to all our customers. In your case, we would like to investigate the matter and hence would request you to give your registration number. You can mail your details to [email protected]
    We would try to resolve your issue in the best possible way. Customer service remains our top priority and we will do our best to ensure no further hassle is faced by you.
    We look forward to getting your details.
    Thanks & Regards
    Customer Service Team- EDI

• Fo
    Foxy1 Jun 15, 2014

No body informed me about my parking test, I just called them they are saying my test is tomorrow morning. What you'll say about that?

[Resolved] immoral instructors

I had my training at EDI and I came to know that some guy instructors were trying to take my contact details because one by one they are calling me. I did not entertain any one of them so what happen is that, they made some issues against me. Exploiting even my personal life. I complained about this but nothing happened.

When I came from vacation, I came to know that a lady instrustor was flirting with my boyfriend inspite of the fact that she knows everything about me and my boyfriend, that we have relationship, how long our relationship, and what we have in our relationship. I asked about her and I came to know that she's living with her 2 kids, her husband and at the same time, she has a boyfriend who is an EDI instructor also. And now, she wants to stole my boyfriend from me? I heard that this has been her previous problem before in the institute, taking to many boyfriends from in and out of the institute and destroyed lots of relationship. I complained about this and still... nothing happened.

I just can't believe that this institute is being "PROUD TO BE PROFESSIONAL" while cuddling such immoral instructors. Instructor who are dealing with their customers directly. That during training, playing like teenagers, chasing each others car. Not even caring whether their student is learning or not. I think they should change their slogan: "PROUD TO BE IMMORAL"!!!

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Misbehaviour of the person at duty

i am a resident of dubai and was student of your institute and was proud to be holding a driving license...

[Resolved] the road test

i agree to the complain of mr yao ming regarding poor service with edi, if youre road test is 7:30 am usually they will call about 4-6 hours after, then without informing the student to have a break because all the examiners are taking their lunch. and regarding the road test. every student fail with this mistake, "failure to comply with the instructions of the examiner. and its also written as (recurrent) meaning it is usually happens. why? because some examiners tend to give instructions which are not allowed like entering a road with the no entry sign, changing lane with the straight line, and increasing speed which is above the speed limit as written on the road. of course the student will not follow this instructions because its not allowed. ok maybe some examiners tend to do this just to check if the student is aware of his/her environment. but must be for the examiner to be more considerable on this matter. because if you follow this instructions, you automatically fail the test, and if you do not, they will make you a mistake with this " (recurrent) failure to comply to the instructions of the examiner". so where the student suppose to go?

Dear Student,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Kindly call us back or please provide your contact details to contact you regarding the issue.

• Kh
    khan adil Oct 24, 2009

I would like to comment on the behaviour and dealing of this international bank name RBS. Which claims to be professional and provide quality products and services to their customers. I regret to mention here that it is not that, what this international bank claims.

I am a resident of Duba, living in Dubai for 23 years and employed by the govt of Dubai. I have a small amount of loan with RBS and unfortunetly due to sever emergency had to travel, during this time I missed my installments. To my surprise and knowledge now I have come to know that RBS have hierd a group of people in Pakistan who can contact your family and relatives in pakistan for recovery in a very illegal fashion, where the threat is very severe to ones life and also that the family members could be forced to detention without any legal procedures. The escape is only if one could deal with these groups on some percentage to get rid off. Is this how the international banks portry professionally. Is this how they will do recovery by using gangsters to threaten the whole family of the individual. I strongly take this matter up with the local authorities and with the international media. Life is first and over and above any price. 40, 000 dirhams is not more than any humans life. RBS must look into this serious situation as this is not the job of an international banking institute.

• Aa
    aa.aa.a Oct 20, 2010

i failed 7 times. the 7th time i gave test with full confidence, but they failed me.
    i dont know wat to do..how much i can pay, but putting simply fail what does it matters...of course minor mistakes will be there... but they have to keep an eye how the student is driving while giving test with confidence or not...

God should help me...nothing can be done

• Fo
    Foxy1 Jun 15, 2014

Chane the driving school.

• Ti
    tinu verma Nov 03, 2014

I have attend four time final road test but Rta what does wants I don't know they have fail me four times I thing it's my blander I open file with edi .in my road test I did not do aney mistake but they fail me ...in my opinions they want earn money ..

• Ab
    Abdul Rahman Faizal Aug 07, 2017

Why do they simply fail half the students, if they want more money they can simply raise the cost to take license rather than failing the students and and wasting their time as well. Plus more importantly they must tell the students what went wrong immediately incase of bad driving, they just give you a paper and ask us to take classes again...

[Resolved] Poor service

My automatic road test was on July 12. Testing time on the receipt from their Internet City office says 7:30...