Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Logo

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]

Having problems with Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]?

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Customer Service Contacts

+971 42 631 100 (Call Center)
P.O Box: 20948
Al Qusais

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Customer Service. Initial Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]. Discuss the issues you have had with Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Complaints & Reviews

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Service

If you are looking for a driving school in Dubai never ever choose Emirates driving institute. Usually you need spend few days on the phone, because no one do not pick it up, you can't even check the important information. If you are lucky, maybe, they will call you back, inshallah! The branch in Dubai mall give to you wrong information, confirm about your appointment and of the end you will realize that you don't have any confirmation about it on the school. You just will west your time, money for a taxi and your nerves for a nothing. On the same time the supervisor on the main office in Al quoz 3, can't handle any situation, can't give any proper information and he just will tell to you waiting for a call back from your branch and you will never receive this call. I'm super disappointed with this school, never ever recommend to no one!

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Feb 22, 2021

We are sorry to hear about your experience with EDI.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you lately. We would like to help resolve the issue for you.

Kindly reach out to us on any of the following channels to immediately address your concern.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Automatic Car driving lessons

My examiner was Ms. Ambreen who is a hesitant examiner herself whose first question was if it is my first assessment test-which is not ethical at all-it should not matter whether its my 1st or 20th test. You should judge the skill not the number of attempts. I dont mind failing as I am aware that people rarely pass driving tests in dubai in their 1st attempts and I did make minor mistakes but I could sense from the 1st minute that she had decided to fail me l-thats complete wrong and she failed me because I used brake before merging onto main road. Honestly, there should be a system to challenge the result of the test. Plus, they don't have free parking slot to practice parking. You have to wait to start your practice and just after few minutes you have to leave the slot free for next student. The instructor just focuses on finishing his classes and stages and does not give more time to paking or round abouts. Plus, if you take unlimited classes, they would give you long dates as they know the student is not going to go anywhere. One the other hand, if you take regular course, they must fail you just to earn more. You cannot fail a person on roundabout when you did not even take her to the roundabout. In short, its a commercial institute just to make money and they have 0 empathy for students. Its the worst institute ever and I don't recommend it to anyone.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Feb 13, 2021

Dear Sofia,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with EDI.

We do understand your concern and would like to investigate the issue at the earliest. Kindly reach us on the following channels to address your concern.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Delay in scheduling classes

Worst service by edi, i had cleared my thoery test 2 weeks back and for schedule the classes they are taking another 2 weeks, when i had taken the admission, they had promised me that classes will be started in 8-10 working days, really worst service, i may tack my admission back and bear the cancellation charges rather than bearing the headache everyday.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Feb 13, 2021

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

We at EDI believe in providing quality service ad believe in customer centricity. We do understand that you have faced multiple issues as stated above.

Kindly reach us on the following channels to address your concern at the earliest.

Emirates Driving Institute

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Complaining about the time taken to complete the course

EDI is an institute that I would never recommend to anyone. I started my unlimited course in September, and they gave me my theory test on October. I passed it only to get my actual class three weeks later. The classes are not given quick, and for 10 classes it took me two months. The internal parking tests are a nightmare, each one is given after two weeks, while in other institutes you can get it the next day. I had to do my internal parking twice, and this took me over three weeks. My rta parking I had to do twice, and each test was given after a month. I have next rta parking on feb 14, which is three weeks from now, (I have garage parking left) and by the time I finish my road test it will likely be 6 months.

Edi takes too many students, more than they can handle, and there are no free slots so everyone faces delays, my friends in other institutes were able to complete their courses in less than 3 months, despite attempting more tests than me.

Would highly advice anyone to not to go for edi, unless they wish to attempt their tests once in three weeks :)

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 20, 2021

Dear Haru,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

We are working very hard to ensure our students & staff is safe at all times in the current times of COVID-19.

Our operations and training continues at a slower pace with all safety measures in place. You will experience delay in our services as we are strongly adhering to the guidelines set by the RTA & UAE Government by working in limited capacity to maintain a safe & secure environment.

One of the services may include:

We request you to be patient with your requests & help us to serve you efficiently with focus on quality & safety.

Kindly share your Reg ID with us to speed up the process.

jam011 Jan 31, 2021

This is mostly the same my husband experiences.
            At first we thought we chose the right driving institute but we guess its absolutely not.
            Is there a way to withdraw the enrollment and have a refund? It is truly unfair that we pay the fixed price yet we are getting this kind of service.
            We are stuck!

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Jan 31, 2021

@jam011 Dear Student,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to address your concern at the earliest. We request you to kindly revert with your husbands registration ID via +[protected] (Call Center) or our email ([email protected]) to help you with your issue.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

jam011 Feb 01, 2021

@jam011 I've been trying to reach you in WhatsApp, call centers and even in the stalls yet still no action was taken. Always been told same answers, "someone will call after 3 working days"

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Feb 06, 2021

@jam011 Dear Student,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us.

I'd personally recommend you to reach us out via the following channels:

Call Center +[protected]
            Email - [email protected]
            Walk In - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Business Hours)

Once again, we will try our best to find a solution for you.

Best regards,

Emirates Driving Institute

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Lack of customer service and transparency in their procedures

To whom it may concern,

It is with deep disappointment and sadness that I am actually writing this email to you, as I would never expect such a traumatic experience in your institution.

On the 24th of November I contacted the call center to ask for my options and financial benefits in order to proceed with my training.

After a brief moment my call got transferred to a gentleman named Mr. Thamojudun Sirajudeen who offered the option of changing my course to fixed regular hours.

In order to avoid misunderstanding with EDI ( as i have already experienced before in many occasions). I asked the gentleman to send me the quotation by email which he did promptly.

1 month after gathering the amount requested I finally manage to pay and renew my learning permit and called the call center to query what would be the next step in order to proceed.

The person who attended my request transferred my call to the al quoz branch in order to guide my steps.

From this conversation I was given the advice to book the date for my training (4hours ext. course) and take the opportunity to pay for the change of my flexible course to fixe regular course, which I happily did.

On the 28th of December I arrived early for my class and approche the desk to ask if I should pay for the change of course before attending my class or after and was advised to do it at the completion of the my 4 hours classes.

On the 29th afternoon, after attending my last training hour, I went straight to the cashier to proceed with the change of the course.

After he informed me of the price - which was 567.70 aed more than what was on the quotation I received by email - I asked for an explanation and tried to show him the email I received from his colleague.
          The gentleman instantly raised his voice and refused to see the email and abruptly dismissed me by saying that the price has change on his system and that is all that he knows.

For a couple of minutes, I stayed and try to ask for a more relevant explanation insisting that he at least looked at the email but he refuse and briefly took my phone just to see the date and stated very loudly in front of all the other person around that it was a 1 month old email that is why he won't help me.

Realizing that the man would not even give me a logical explanation, I asked if I could talk to someone else and he waved his hand in direction of the office of the branch manager without even an eye contact.

I immediately went to the office directed and asked for assistance. The gentleman sitting there barely acknowledged my request and asked me to sit in the office. 20 mins later, still sitting in the office with the manager stepping in and out on numerous occasion without explaining to me what was the issue, I finally gather the courage to ask for some clarification about my situation.

This is when the manager finally told me that the increase in the amount was due to the fact that I had already completed the 4 hours of extension class I paid for.

Therefore, I informed him that I didn't know that I had to do the conversion before completing the class (as I already paid for it) and no one explained to me the proper procedure.

He simply said that he could not do anything about it as the person who sent me the quotation by email was not working with them anymore and that he was back to India. That is why the email was irrelevant and that it was my fault for not saying anything earlier, even thou I clearly said that I did mention it to the person I talked to on the phone and also mentioned it again to the gentleman sitting at the front desk when I query if I should pay first or go to the class and was adviced by him that I should finish the 2 classes first then pay.

After mentioning my conversation with someone from the call center the manager made a couple of calls and pulled out part of the recording of my conversation with the call center. Then instantly blamed me for not mentioning it on the recording.
          When i explained that the person from the call center did transfer my call to another person (from the branch of al quoz) and that it was then that I said that I wanted to change my course, the manager rudely screamed at me and said that I lied and said I talked to the call center agent only. That's when I explained that I didn't know that the second person was from the branch office and I don't understand how he expected me to know the difference.I then requested to hear the rest of the conversation with the second person and he said that this part is not recorded.

This extremely frustrating situation lasted from 14 30 until 17 00 on the 29th of December. I ended up leaving the institute crying as I was bounced from his office to the front desk, trying to explain myself and even at one point having 3 grown man standing in front of me one with raised voice and no female chaperon or support at all. And all of this happened because no one at any point mentioned that if I book my classes the money will not be counted in the conversion of my course and I would have to pay 567 aed more that was quoted.

I sincerely understand that you have a system to follow but my disappointment came from the fact that from the 24th of November when I mentioned that I wanted to convert my course no one kept a note in my file or even saw and thought to mentioned that the price will change if I book the class before proceeding to the payment. Or even adviced to visit the branch and proceed with the payment before continuing with any training.

I also understand that all of this is due to a massive miscommunication, this is the main reason I am writing this very long email so that this does not happened in the future to anyone of your customer and that you keep a full transparency when it comes to procedures.

More importantly I wanted to share this incident because I strongly believe that no one should go through the same emotional distress I went through yesterday. You claim that your institution is one of the best of Middle East which might be actually true however your staff highly lack in customer care training. It is unacceptable that a manger of your institution make a young woman of 29 years old leave your establishment tearing up because he used his authority and lack of empathy to intimidate me.

I hope you will take this email seriously and give proper training to the concern staffs for the sake of other individuals who will hire your service in the future and will encounter similar challenges.

On a last note I would like to thank Mr. Mohammed moinnuddin and Mr. Mohammed Mohammeid from the front desk who tried there level best to assist and stayed cordial the whole time compared to the manager mentioned above.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 17, 2021

Dear Student,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and would like to apologize for the same.

We at EDI believe in providing quality service ad believe in customer centricity. We do understand that you have faced multiple issues. In order to help you further, please reply with your Reg ID and contact number to enable us to address your concerns at the earliest.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Time consuming

I registered with EDI on the month of October and the process is really slow. I have gone for the unlimited package. After the theory test you will have to wait for 2 weeks to attend classes. That too they will contact only if there is slot. I requested for a person who is feom my native. They agreed to it and when I went for the classes it was someone who was from different country. I didn't change it since for that I will have to wait another year.After the classes we have to wait like 4 days so that they will call and tell us the availability. Even 4 days is too much but mine it took more than a week for them to give a slot. All this things they never say during registeration. My friends had gone to other schools but never faced this delay. Never gonna suggest EDI to anybody.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 17, 2021

Dear Student,

We at EDI believe in providing seamless service to its students. We do understand that you are facing issues in scheduling of classes expeditiously. In order to assist you amicably, kindly reply with your Reg ID and contact number to enable us to address your concerns at the earliest.

EDI - Emirates Driving Institute

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]About poor schedule and bad car condition.

Well I started the class on 22nd of November by thinking this right school that I have chosen however it was not. First I pay online via website full amount with my documents however when I arrive to school they said website is not correct that's was not full amount and they insist me to pay additional 1000 aed or they can refund which takes one month I didn't have other choices then paying as I wanted to have my licens till end of December. Second very disappointed with car condition inside super dirty and used tissues all the way specially in this covid situation feel not save, after completing my first class they started delaying my class due to many reasons. If you don't follow up to schedule next class they will call you after one week saying only available next week. I complete the 7th class 4 days back and I am keep calling them to book my night class still no response I pretty sure they will call me and book next week. I am very disappointed overall and advise not to go with this school unless you will end up paying for nothing or they will fiel you. They Register me [protected] and I don't even want to go their school anymore and forget about my money which I paid 5 000 aed as a gift for them.

• Updated by Gufronov Bakhriddin · Dec 17, 2020

I have driving licence from my home country and very experienced person even in Dubai with tourist Visa I have derived a lot and expecting fail in this company because of making money out of it for sure so better not to attend anymore and look other school.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Dec 19, 2020

Dear Gufronov Bakhriddin,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you.

We at EDI believe in providing quality service. We do understand that you have faced multiple issues in the form of payment, class scheduling and the condition of the training vehicle. In order to help you further, please reply with your Reg ID and contact number to enable us to address your concern at the earliest.

EDI - Emirates Driving Insitute

• Updated by Gufronov Bakhriddin · Dec 19, 2020

Reg no [protected]
                  Mobile [protected]

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Dec 20, 2020

Dear Gufronov Bakhriddin,

Looks like the information that was shared above is protected. Kindly call us on
                  +[protected] to address your concern at the earliest.

Hoping to hear from you!

Dec 11, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Test

I cant believe I'm saying this about EDI, im not sure if other driving schools are like this, I dont...

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Poor service on customers

To whom it may concern

It's may dismay to share with you that after waiting for 21 days for my training schedule since 17 november and nothing has been made - or any decent feedback from the customer service has been provided. Instead they wanted me to wait for another week - the institute have very poor timeline and schedule of their students.. Where in the world after paying would not get any driving schedule rather you are allowed to wait for longer period of time based on their timeline?

They boast of the no. Of drivers and trainers they have and yet the students cannot be accommodated at this rate?

Atleast a valid timeline to have a schedule and honor the word of having 2 weeks of waiting. If I will not make a follow up, these people will not be sending any reminders to the schedule of training. Very poor service

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Dec 08, 2020

Dear Customer,

One of the services may include:
                    • Delay in training booking slots as the trainers with flu symptoms are advised to rest at home to safeguard themselves & students. Each staff and visitor undergoes regular body temperature scans to immediately detect any cold & flu symptoms.

Kindly share your Reg ID with us to speed up the process.

EDI - Emirates Driving Institute

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Service.

I feel very much regret that I chose EDI for driving license. After paying unlimited fees for license still you are charging extra from me. I will not recommend EDI to my friends and also if it remains same I think we should post on social media about this. Customer care told me I will receive the call but till now I dint receive any call.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Dec 12, 2020

Dear Disha,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you.

We at EDI believe in providing quality service. We do understand that you have requested a call back and have concerns about the charges. In order to help you further, please reply with your Reg ID and your contact number for us to address your concern at the earliest.

EDI - Emirates Driving Insitute

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Final road test with rta

Just a few suggestion to EDI . I spent with this school 11K and took 80 hours of driving. 11K it's a double price of the regular course. When someone paining such amount which equal to my two months salary it's very unfair and look like the school wants only your money. I stick on final road test with RTA, the attitude of RTA team not so ideal as well, I didnt like their comments due to test as it's disturbing and creating bad environment inside the car which effects negatively on the focus of the student. EDI has an unlimited course where student can pay 8, 500 AED, why you dont give any good discount to the students who spent already 11k AED with your school. No one ideal, you can't get a professional driver with few hours. You just demotivate and stressed students too much. I lost my confidence and any desire to go and continue with my classes for getting driving license.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Nov 12, 2020

Dear Timax,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with EDI.

Our aim is to ensure that we provide quality service and learning with our best in class instructors and examiners. It is not our intention to demotivate and stress our students. We would never tolerate nor encourage such acts leading to this impression.

We would like to know a bit more about your concern and would like to ensure that the concerned is dealt with appropriately.

We also appreciate your suggestion regarding the discounts. In order to assist you in a better manner, kindly revert with your Phone Number/ Registration ID or write to us @[email protected]

We hope to hear from you soon.

• Updated by Timax · Nov 13, 2020

Dear EDI Team,

Kindly be informed that I followed to your instruction as mentioned in your reply, but received message which is not relevant to my complaint. Please see attachment of the email. I made a decision to try with another driving school. Thanks.

Comments

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Nov 26, 2020

Dear Timax,

We apologize for what has happened to you.

To better address your concerns, I would always suggest you to reach out to us on our official channels or walk in directly to our main branches in Al Quoz or Al Qusais.

Ph No: [protected]

I'm unable to comment as the attached screenshot provided doesn't given me the actual details of your concern. I could only relate to the discounts that you were referring to on the initial complaint on the website.

Kindly give us a call or reply to the email to help us further.

Nov 03, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Emirates driving school regarding his mis guidance just for making money

I received a massage from EDI (Your registered classes are completed. Proceed to your next training and test...

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]Lack of training facilities

I registered with EDI on 10th August ([protected]), and today on 27th October, I haven't reached the RTA Test. EDI registers too many applications and then end up with no drivers.

I couldn't clear my EDI assessment twice and then we're forced to wait for 1 week to get a training schedule and another 1 week to get another assessment. Which means practically we can only appear twice a month for assessment.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to EDI, rather go with some other driving institute. It is a nightmare to deal with EDI, and will take not less than 6 months to get a license. Please avoid EDI everyone !

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Oct 27, 2020

Dear Mr. Selvin,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Our intention is to help our students become safe drivers. We would like to help facilitate your request and we do understand that time is precious for you.

Please give us an opportunity to work with you by helping us with EDI registration number to facilitate your request.

Awaiting to hear from you!

Warn Regards,

• Re
                          Reemat Nov 03, 2020

I agree completely. They are just keen to make heavy customer base and make all stuck in the loop.
                          If you register with Edi make sure you have max 7 to 8 months in hand. As once u register u will have to wait for ages to classes and test and assessment schedule. Whole plan will go in haywire. Zero customer satisfaction

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Nov 03, 2020

@Reemat Dear Reemat,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with EDI.

Our aim is to ensure that our customers are safe and they lead road safety in their day to day life. We understand that you have experienced delays in getting your test & assessment slots.

Kindly revert to us on [email protected] with your student registration ID. Our customers are always our priority. In case you are still facing this issue, we will do our best to expedite the process.

• Re
                          Reemat Nov 03, 2020

@Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Trust me I regretting the decision of registering with EDI.
                          Pass or fail in assessment n parking and road test is not in any one hand but after that waiting for classes for 10 days n more and everytime getting new instructors makes it sure that you wait and get demotivate and lose all confidence.

I have 2 month old baby and decided to resume my training after march (edi was closed for 1 n half month and I was near my due date which stopped my training) unfortunately failed in Rta road test . Now been to ask to wait again until next week and came to know RTA test slot are fully booked makes me feel helpless.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] Nov 12, 2020

@Reemat Dear Reemat,

We completely relate to your situation and we would like to help you.

As requested earlier, please help us with your registration ID or write to us on [email protected] This would help us take necessary actions to resolve your issue.

We will do all that is possible for us to help you in this matter. Hope to hear from you soon.

Oct 21, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Complaint against unfair marking in test

Hello, My name is Husain Firoz. I have joined EDI thinking that it is one of the best driving institute...

Sep 12, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Services by the examiner and way of training of the instructors

Dear Sir, I have enrolled in Emirates driving institute, Al quasis branch in February 2020. Due to corona...

Sep 09, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Poor teaching

I have joined EDI in hopes to learn how to drive and obtain my license, but at this point, I dont think I...

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]not get any massage from rta and edi charge me 320aed

I registered at EDI for driving license after my 1st theory test I failed I apply for 2nd test they said booked but m did not get any message from RTA or EDI and today they call me and charge me 320aed even I send them to completely prove that m did not get any msg.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jun 06, 2020

Dear Ismail,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. We would like to investigate this further to avoid any further inconvenience.

Kindly call us at 4 263 1100 or feel free to provide your contact details for us to reach out to you regarding the issue.

We hope to hear from you soon!

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jul 07, 2020

Dear Ismail,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. As there was no response, I hope the issue has been resolved. In case no, kindly call us at 4 263 1100 or feel free to provide your contact details for us to reach out to you regarding the issue.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Feb 27, 2020

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] — Emirates driving institute customer service and overall standard

To whom it may concern: I, Franklin Fernandes, holding RTA file # [protected] like to bring to your attention...

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]fixed price course / rude response with no resolution from edi rashidiya branch

we enrolled for fixed cost plan of EDI.

For Yard training class booking; we are trying to contact Rashidiya branch (in communication with Lady operator). Response is very lazy, rude and late.

Yesterday we were informed to get a confirmation of training class but till today we have not received anything.

This issue we have been facing since we are in contact with this EDI branch only else the HO of EDI was excellent to serve and accept any request.

Today we have logged a complaint on HO towards Rashidiya branch.

I dont know if it will be solved.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 29, 2020

Dear Zeeshan,

We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. Kindly call us back or please provide your contact details to contact you regarding the issue.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]training schedule

I have completed my theory test and they told me to wait for 2 weeks to get training schedule. I have been patiently waiting and now its been almost 3 weeks and got no calls from them. I have been trying to reach them for 3 consecutive days but all they do is log a request and promising me of getting a call from them but got nothing. They tried transferring my call to someone called Imran for about 3 times during all my calls but to no avail.

Very unprofessional and outrageous service they have.

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 07, 2020

Dear Anreia,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and would like to resolve your issue on priority. Please share the following information with us to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Registration Number
                                Phone number

• Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]'s response · Jan 08, 2020

Dear Anreia,

We are still awaiting your response.

Kindly let us know the above requested details to work on priority. Hope to hear from you soon!