Menu
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] company logo
Last seen 24 hours ago
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

133 complaints
111 resolved 22 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Emirates Driving Institute [EDI]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
11:56 pm
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Unsatisfactory Experience and Online Queue Appointment Drama

I am writing to you to let you know how disappointed I am with Unsatisfactory Experience from some of the staffs of Abu Dhabi Emirates Driving School. And Especially about Online Queue Appointment System Drama. In Entire Building of the EDCAD displays Online Queue Appointment but if you choose a slot and book an Appointment and Visit the School, You will receive the response from the Staffs of EDCAD that *We will not Accept the Appointment Token*

Then why they showing always in their entire building their Online Queue Appointment Service.?

Today i visited EDCAD for Just book an Theory Exam Test Date at morning 5:15 AM and after more than one hour later they allowed me to enter the school for ticket and wait there half an hour. I didn't get Token. Finally they again came to me and Inform me to go another building.

Why they can't tell me at the beginning itself. ? I got Token very delayed token

I'm really disappointed with MOST OF THE SECURITIES of EDCAD and A STAFF STAFF.

8:35 pm
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Worst customer service/waste of time /long waiting period

Just like others I too have long waiting periods and no action taken. Done everything i can to start pratical training and all i get is "fake promises" of call backs. It's time consuming and money waste. I have been waiting for 1 weeks now to get my practical training started. Yet all i get is more waiting. The call centers keep repeating same lines that they sent special requests. They could have just been honest and told beforehand that I would have to wait this long in the first place rather than making fake promises and no action.

Always fake promises, worst customer service / big scammers

Desired outcome: I want my all money back. Or else continued class (with out waiting period)

9:06 pm

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Liars hidden term's

They are liars.. No good customer service.. Online support is just drama... Worst waiting period. It 4 months up to now I am still in EDI road assessment.. After unsuccessful of assessment waiting period for 1 day classes is around 15 days. It's my valuable time and I can't waste like this. I wanted to have classes with no waiting period. And online booking facility is just drama. No call back request works... Really regretting that I chose EDI driving school for my license. No doubt they have big facilitie/fame in market.. But they have 2 second face when you are in (paid customer) they play with your time / no customer service.. No customer complaint solution.. No proper response... And booking staff are just crazy they will shout on you when you request them to book 1 class.. If they can't manage that amount of student why they are still taking new students and making them wait for 1 month to start there Initial 1classes..

Desired outcome: If they can't provide training and class without waiting period... Then I'll go for refund

3:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a student of Emirates Driving Institute (EDI) Al Quoz Branch. I cleared my Initial/Internal Driving Assessment on 28th April and I raised a request on the same day bearing the request number 22671422. While booking the request, it was informed you will receive a call within 4 days. Thereafter my class for Internal Yard was finally scheduled after...

12:18 pm

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Training schedule allotment

I cleared my theory test and they told me about 3 weeks waiting time for training scheulde. Now 6 weeks are gone and no update from edi. I called them some 5 times and every time they have same useless words like it will schedule in 2-3 days, couple of days, as soon as possible etc. And you obviously you are not going to have any call.

If someone paid money in advance to edi, then you are gone. You can wait for at least 1 year to get your license.

People recommend me to not go with edit but still I did this mistake. Please stay away from this school.

J
1:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

No matter what situation you have or may have in the future, one golden advice: Stay away from this hell satanic place. Liers, thieves, giving false promises always. You start with 3000 AED, you end up with 8000 AED and more to pay. (I haven't finished my EDI licensing nightmare). Let's say you book classes, or training, or whatever thing, after making...

A
8:25 am

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Training schedule

I passed the RTA parking test last May 20, and immediately booked my mandatory classes before taking the RTA final road test.

It's almost 1 month of waiting, getting promises from the customer HAPPINESS team that I'll get my schedule with high priority but until now, nothing happened. I already received a call this morning that I'll have my schedule tomorrow, but they called me back to tell me it was a mistake.

Reg No. 22343714

Desired outcome: Book my training schedule.

6:34 pm
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - No classes scheduled even after three weeks of clearing the RTA yard test

I cleared my RTA yard test on 21st of May 2022, After that I called to schedule the Independent and Highway training, but still I am yet to receive any call from EDI, I called the call center several times every time they will say that I will receive in couple of days but no response, it is very irresponsible on EDI side and very worst service. My registration number is 21175174

Desired outcome: I need my schedule training as soon as possible

10:13 am

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Class not scheduled

I passed my RTA Parking test on 28th May and immediately raised a request for the pending classes. The 'independent' class was scheduled for May 31 and as is the usual system here, they asked me to raise a request for my highway class (Despite my request to them to schedule it on May 28 itself). I was told that I will receive a call back within 7 days. It has been 11 days and I am yet to hear back on when they will SCHEDULE the class.

The gap between classes stretches into months and I am still to give my first test after starting the process in Feb (Despite passing my parking test on my second attempt)

Desired outcome: Schedule my class for 12th June, and allow me to book my final test.

6:44 pm
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Unacceptable fines without any information. No communication at all between customer care, supervisor or rta.

Hi edi team my registration no. 22446261

I’m very very upset with your services Until now I renew my second learning permit. And still I’m in yard test. How is it possible RTA FINES ME 290 dhs not to attend the RTA YARD TEST and absent me. WHILE I’m waiting for 1 hours class and yard test. I’m been wait so long to get the calls from customer care. Who doesn’t even know how to respond and get back to the customer. I’m sorry my package is unlimited. Doesn’t mean after that also unnecessary charge I have to pay. I believe

it’s very simple to understand you have all the right to hold your own procedures becz you have all the access to find and fix the prob. Not to charge your customers your own mistake. Please I believe you will fix my issues and not to charge me that 290dhs which is unnecessary absent while I’m waiting for your call for parking class. Thank you

I wish I will get my class and yard test soon.

D
6:04 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Non Availability of Classes for Driving (Reg. No. 22143041)

Dear EDI Team,

I have been registered for driving LMV on 03 April 2022 and cleared my Theory test on 18 April 2022.

Your team said that you will receive a call for a practice session and its timings will be allocated post 5 weeks.

8 Weeks have already passed but, still I didn't receive any call from your team. I have made a complaint for the same at your call center as well as at your office where I got myself registered but no reply or revert back came.

My learning license will expire on 04 July 2022 and still i haven't started to learn driving.

I am doubting my decision to choose EDI as my driving learning partner.

2:29 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Delay in getting classes!

Dear EDI,

This is the 3rd time I had renewed my learning permit! I immediately booked my class since 1st week May 2022 i didnt get a confirmed class.

First they booked me and eventually cancelled it on the day of class. Closed the ticket and then opened a new ticket.

My permit will again expired and I have to pay for the 4th time around renewal fee.

4:01 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - 5 weeks not a single call - register no 22723911

Hello All,

This is to bring to your notice on 11th May 2022, I had failed my parallel test, as per process they requested me to have the 1 hr training, same day I visited the quasis branch and opted for the training, as usual it was requested that someone would callback till 11th May until today haven’t got a single call only I have been calling and only thing I can hear that someone would call and we have escalated…but 0 result, it’s almost 5 weeks… this very worst customer service I have scene and will surely have this escalated further on LinkedIn.

Also now I have to pay 141 to renew my permit, but there is no call yet

Regards,

Sylvester - 0554027086

Desired outcome: Driving license

K
10:05 am

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Delay in getting calls for classes

I have passed RTA yard test on 21.05.2022 and gave a request for the individual class and highway on the same day. But till date I have not got a class booked or even received a call from them. I have called them number of times but I kept getting false promises that I will get a call in 2 days or so. Now it’s been 2 weeks. I’m still waiting. I raised a complaint on 02.06.2022 (ticket Ref.No: 22739481) for which I still have not a call back or any feed back.

Desired outcome: I need a confirmation for my classes by today

V
11:42 am

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Pathetic service

I passed my RTA smart yard test on May 1st. Today is June 1st. It has been 31 days, 1 month since I have receive a call to schedule my independent/highway class.

I have called atleast 20 times, emailed more than 5 times, but no response or action. I don't know what to do now. I am planning to file a legal complaint to my lack of respect given.

I would like to point the pathetic service that I have received. There is an option to place complaints- ref no 22737097. They say someone will connect to deal with escalation within 3 days, but it's been more than 10 days.

Registration number:21134159

Desired outcome: Assigning lsst 2 hours session

R
8:28 pm
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Froude by EDI team.

I am an engineer by profession and my company's demand is driving license, due to that I opened the file in EDI.

I asked at the time of opening the file that when will I get the license, then they said that it will be available in next 02 months then I got the file open and gave the money, now more than 03 months my license is far away, not even the full class has been done yet.

I made a lot of requests to the EDI team but no one is listening and giving date after date, I am very upset from EDI.

Now my request is I want license in next 1 month otherwise my money should be refunded and there should be a penalty on the EDI for wasting my time and Money.

Kindly take necessary action and do the needful.

Thanks

EDI No: 22259567

R
8:06 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Waiting for almost a month for my highway training.

i have been calling EDI Al qouz for almost a month now for my highway training and no feedback from them yet.

they always say that they forward my request to the proper department regarding the matter but until now i have not received any calls from them.

very poor service!

it's like i renewed my learning permit just to spend waiting for an open slot for the training.

poor scheduling system.!

i should have chosen a different driving school then!

they advertise that EDI is number 1 driving school but i dont think so...

i also witness a student got angry at the center because he has been waiting for more than 20 days already.

this is kind of violation to consumer rights.

this should be reported to Dubai government that deals with this kind of matter.

Desired outcome: take an immediate action rearding the matter!!!

G
1:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear EDI Team, Good morning, and your services suck! Hear me out! I am currently at the highway class (stuck at it for almost 2 months now), the last stop to the final road test but at this point, I think I am about to give up on the license with this institution. The whole process has been and still is a nightmare. "Some" of the call center customer...

2:47 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - False promise to give class before RTA final road test & cancel Test due to incomplete hours

Dear Team, I am highly disappointed with the service of EDI team. I Failed on my RTA road test on 11 May 202, I rescheduled it on 19th & requested to give me class before that which was denied & was asked to postpone and rebook class on 23rd May, I postpone it on 23rd May as per the manager Yolanda D'mello. I waited for the confirmation of class booking, but she told me that class are confirmed & I can leave i will receive message. I did not leave the Al Quoz center,I was waiting infront of her but she insisted me to leave saying its confirmed and book. on 22nd May night 9.pm I received call from EDI center saying I have to postpone my RTA final test as I have not attended mandatory 4 class (which was not arranged by EDI despite of me following up wit CC twice).EDI agent postpone my RTA final road test to 31st May.

I renewed my Learning license on April and because of EDI fault I dont want to renew it. Its been a year now that I am still waiting for my test due to EDI not giving classes on time. I got to know from one of the manager that instructors takes leaves and then classes are cancelled for students. Why should I suffer if your instructor has taken leave how many time should I postpone my final RTA test. I have not yet heard from EDI team for my classes before test. I am expecting some positive action this time atleast.

File- 21612451

2 comments
3:33 am
Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Emirates Driving Institute [EDI] - Penalty amount requested by EDI for suspension of class during 3 days Closure on National mourning (14 -16 May)

My class was scheduled on 15 May’22 which was cancelled without any notification and customer care was closed to get any update.

Later it was reschedule by EDI on 17 May which not informed to me by any mode of communication ( phone , email or message).

After repeated complaint to customer care they book the the class on 19th May but now I receive message to pay the penalty amount of Aed 130 for missing 17 May’22 class which was never informed to me.

Why customer has to pay for missing class penalty if the reschedule of class not informed in advance to customer.

We raise this issue to Supervisor and customer care but no resolution till date.

Now instead of resolving my issue, I was informed by customer care that if I don’t pay this penalty fees then my RTA test will also be postpone (23rd May’22) and in this case I have to pay for both class & RTA rescheduling which I found not ethical & fair to customer.

Looking forward for quick resolution to my above case and direction for way forward.

Thanks,