EmbarqNot living up to Promotions.

I singed up for Embarq High Speed Internet and Phone Service after I got about 5 flyers in about two weeks, so I decided to give it a try, since they were offering a $300 or $150 prepaid mastercard and a $25 restaraunt gift card, I figured it would be like getting two months free, now my plan was not to free load, but as they stated get $150 gift card. so after I get all hooked up I called them back like the sales rep told me to do (Michelle M30), and after talking to a customer servcie rep (jimmy LPN) told me I was not going to get it, and there was nothing they can do, so I informed him I wanted to speak to a supervisor, at first he would not let, instead he put me on hold and came back on a few minutes later and offerd to send me out a 2 wire modem with built in router, I was thinking about it untill he started another sales pitch which to get what was owed to me or equal value I had to sign up for more services, and told me to even have that modem I MUST have the extra services, I informed him I would pass and wanted to speak with that supervisor (Yonya KOI) and she stated that was correct, Iasked her why wasnt I told when I singed up I was not going to get the promotions she told me she was not aware and I should of been told. she then tries to straight up SELL me the modem, and if I bought it there would be no extra service needed. but wait I tought you had to have the extra service to get the modem...
this wouldnt of been a problem if I was told at the get go, but if they cant live up to end of the deal, then why should I?

CenturyLinkJoey Apr 17, 2009

Eric,

Sorry you are having a bad experience with Embarq. I would like to look into this for you if possible. If you send me an email with your telephone number I'll see what I can do. My email is [protected]@embarq.com. If you need to verify my identity check out my Twitter page, http://twitter.com/EMBARQ_Joey.

Thanks,

EMBARQ Customer Outreach
    [protected]@embarq.com

• Be
    Betty Brummer Aug 20, 2009

My name is Betty and I'm having trouble getting my $150.00 gift card for getting the triple deal from Embarq Phone, Internet, and Dish TV.I was promised a $150.00 gift card and $150.00 @ $25.00 a month for 6 months Which I'm getting I think.I called Embarq up numorous times and I keep getting a run around.Its like a hot potato.I'm getting very frustrated.They tell me to wait that something will come in the mail or someone will get in touch with me and nothing.I tried calling the manager in Orlando @[protected] (Christine) left messagers and no return call.Embarq owes me $150.00 and I would like to get it.I'm sure if this was reversed they would shut me off.I have the brochure telling me if I sign up now I'd get a $300.00 savings.This is since April.and I still haven't heard anything.my e-mail # is [protected]@embarqmail.com

CenturyLinkJoey Aug 21, 2009

Hey Betty,

Sorry you've had trouble. I just sent you an email.

Sandra Davenport Aug 31, 2009

I also have had a really hard time getting my $150.00 rewards card. I have been givin the run around and told someone would get back to me and they never do. It's one thing to tell someone their entittled to getting something its another when no one seems to know whats going on!!! I know if I owed Embarq $ they would get it or cut my service. Well, what's the difference when the tables are turned???? I wan't my freakin gift card!!! This is the most redicoulous thing I have ever beenm through in my life. If they don't want to give something to people then don't advertise it and tell people they are getting it!!SIMPLE AS THAT!!! If I don't get resolution soon I am going to pursue the better buisness bureau and do advertsing that Embarq lies and don't come through with what they say they will!!! That's that!, Sandra my e-mail is sandrad.[protected]@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in venting on this issue!!!

CenturyLinkJoey Sep 01, 2009

Hey Sandra,

Sorry you've had trouble also. We've had some delays with our gift card vendor. I just sent you an email with more information.

• Sl
    SLEEPYD Sep 02, 2009

MY NAME IS DAWN. I AM ALSO HAVING TROUBLE RECIEVING MY TRIPLE PLAY GIFT CARD. IT HAS NOW BEEN OVER 6 MONTHS SINCE I SIGNED UP. I AGREE WITH THE OTHERS THAT IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED EMBARQ WOULD HAVE NO TROUBLE DISCONNECTING ME. THIS KIND OF RUN AROUND IS GOING TO CAUSE YOUR COMPANY TO LOSE ALOT OF BUISNESS, WORD OF MOUTH IS A POWERFUL THING. I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE RECOMENDING YOU TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY.

CenturyLinkJoey Sep 03, 2009

SleepyD,

I can check into this for you also. I've been in touch with the promotion manager for the other two customers. Send me an email with your phone number and I'll check yours out also: [protected]@embarq.com.

Sorry you've had trouble,

EMBARQ Customer Outreach
    [protected]@embarq.com

JashonaRYoung Sep 05, 2009

I've been waiting 3 months for my $75.00 gift card. As a college student, I'm tempted to switch all my services to Time Warner and end this Embarq mess! $75 dollars a month...?! Try 115 and no gift card!!!

[protected]@embarqmail.com

• Sh
    Shirley Casimates Sep 14, 2009

Hi I am a Embarq fool too sent the flyer in the mail, if you bundle they give you a $100 dollar gift card.This started on May 18th still no gift card Sept 14th.Something has to be done about this false advertising mail outs from Embarq.I am changing phone service as soon as i can never again with liars.Iam in Las Vegas NV

CenturyLinkJoey Sep 15, 2009

Jashona,

Sent you an email last week. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Shirley,

If you email me your number to [protected]@embarq, I'll check into your issue also.

Thanks,

• Wi
    williamsmisskw Dec 20, 2009

My name is Kim Williams, and I received an offer in the mail to get a Mastercard gift card for $300.00 for signing up for the triple play bundle. Well I signed up in April of 2009 and to this day have not received my gift card or the $25.00 gift card form Restaurant.com. I was told to go to embarqgiftcard.com and sign up but the site does not exists. What kind of scam are you guys running? Is this your way of getting new customer and then not holding up to your part of the offer? Thats pretty poor business!!! If I do not get some assistance and receive my gift card that was promised to me, I will take my business elsewhere.

A very dissatisfied customer!!!

CenturyLinkJoey Dec 21, 2009

Kim,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had. Send me an email with your phone number and I'll check yours out also: [protected]@CenturyLink.com.

CenturyLink Customer Outreach