eLoan.comis a scam!

S Review updated:

We went online to try to get a payday advance, we went to eloan.com and applied for a personal loan, we were approved for a $5,000.00, within a couple of days we received faxes where we just had to sign it, fax it back with proof of identification and they were charging $770.00 on insurance to guarantee the loan, because of them having such a reputable name we went through with it, sent them an entire paycheck to get this loan, we did this on a wednesday, they said the money would be deposited into our account via wire transfer by that friday, well it never came, we immediately started calling eloan.com, as it turns out, someone is hacking into their website and scamming people out of the hard earned money they have made, according to the "real" eloan company, there is nothing that can be done other than report it to the fraud dept., as of this date, we still have not gotten the $770.00 back, we have called them and been cursed at, they actually had the nerve to say if we would send another $600.00 in taxes they would release the loan to us still, beware if you go to the eloan.com website, they do not do personal loans, this was a surprise to us!!!

• Ck
    CK Apr 17, 2007

ELOAN is a totally INSECURE company!! They have hackers stealing their customers personal information from online applications. And They KNOW about it!! Where is the Warning on their web page?!? Wheres the Beware?!? I applied for a $5000 unsecured loan, which I was called back on and approved for. I was told from the fake eloan representative that I needed to send a $770 insurance payment prior to the loan being drafted into my account. I sent it through Western Union thinking eloan was a solid reputable company. WRONG!!! The money still wasn't there. They then said I had to send another $750 because I needed maximum insurance. This is "Eloan" remember. I never saw a dime. Meanwhile I just got out of the Military and didnt have all that money in the first place. I had to borrow the "insurance" money from somebody guaranteeing I would pay it back in a day. I am now out $1520, and full of bills that need to be paid. ELOAN is terrible and took no steps to warn their customers of this scam being ran out of California, Canada, and wherever else!

Chiquita69 Jun 17, 2017

@CK I was also scam from this so company $1.056.00 and have reported and and they had me repay them with i-tunes card but the deposit into my account couter fit checks and had me re-draw from my acoount to re pay them like that
    My money for the loan that I was approve for was for $5, 000.00 but the deposit a portion of it into my account so I can pay them back there fee

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@CK >ts the company doing it and saying their being hacked I think.it happened with money key, go bank.they all sound the same and at company also

• Md
    M Diallo May 14, 2008

I almost got taken in by this same scam. I applied through E-LOAN for a personal loan. I was directed to the Citifinancial website. They turned me down and I thought nothing of it. A few days ago someone claiming to be from E-LOAN stated I was approved for the a $10, 000 loan and needed to send $850 to secure the loan. I gave them my routing number and checking account number to wire the money into my account. They faxed over the "loan agreement" I signed it faxed back a copy of my paystub, id, soc security card and then was told to wire the money by MoneyGram. What alerted me and made me stop and think was the representative said that I had to call her when I got to the Moneygram location before she would give me the instructions. She also said that I had to use the form that was for sending money to a person and not the Express Payment form used for sending payments to companies. When I got to the Moneygram location the "loan rep" didn't pick up the phone I call 3 times. An angel must have been looking out for me. I left Moneygram and then called Moneygram and spoke to an agent about my situation and they confirmed that this was a scam that was happening to thousands of people and I should not send the money. I immediately closed my bank account and alerted the credit bureaus. I also contacted E-LOAN and a Specialist assured me the FBI is involved. I believe E-LOAN should just refund the money to the people who have been affected or everyone should just start a class action lawsuit. How are these people stealing are information anyway. They had to have gotten my number from the E-LOAN website.

Mark Francis26 Aug 09, 2018

@M Diallo I have the same problem with I lgoogle cards they scamming every body

• Ko
    K Olson9168 Apr 04, 2019

@Mark Francis26 K Olson
    They just asked me to get a $150 Google Play Card to secure the "LOAN." Well, I'm not doing it!!! I have never heard of giving money to get money, other than a home appraisal.

• Rh
    rhyce Nov 03, 2010

I am one of the recent victim of eloan. I should have followed my gut feeling. but when you need money you don't think anymore. They told me I got approve of $1, 500. I already paid them all the fees. Now I receive an email that there is a problem and I am to call them immediately. I called them and no one was answering. I emailed then again. Then told me my loan was increase to 5, 000.00 and I need to pay another fees for that. I emailed them that I hope I am not a victim of a scam. They noted on their email not to use the word scam since it will affect them. Now I don't know what to do. I need to pay someone tomorrow and now I don't have any cash left. What can we do to stop this and get our money back?

• Do
    Doc Holiday1973 Feb 09, 2013

I was taken on Friday by these jerks!! They called and said I was approved for a 6, 000.00 loan. I sent them 175.00 then they said I had to pay the tax, so I sent 195.00. Then they called and needed another 155.00 to release my loan to my bank. Now when I call, the line is busy.Busy for the last 2 days. 515.00 gone! And Its some how my fault! I would love absolutely love to meet the As*hole in person!!! I am sick to my stomach...

• Bu
    Butterflyqb Jan 29, 2017

@Doc Holiday1973 Know how you feel. One day I would like to meet the one person with 3 name and kick him in the BAL?S

• Th
    theresearchguru Feb 19, 2013

glad i do my research first becuase i just got off the phone with them for a 24 month 175.00 a month on a 3000.00 dollar loan and the guy was indian and not fully speaking english and said i have to use a green doot money pack card from walmart which explains becuase i hacker has no real way of taing out of your bank account specially of this magnitude. it all seemed fishy to me but i need or needed the loan BAD. but agaib glad i do research before doing anything becuase id rather be behind on a bill or 2 than be BROKE with no way to fix it.

Jasmine Simien Sep 06, 2018

@theresearchguru Cab someone please contact me and help me what to do they just sent me money as well and asking that I stop at wal mart and give them a call 7135750779

• Nf
    nfields13 Feb 28, 2013

I recently filled out a form as well for a loan through the website. I figured I wasn't approved for the loan so I tried other ones. A day late I got a call back saying I was approved for $1, 000.00 and it was some indian guy as well explaining all the details which made me think it was LEGIT! well after talking for about 10-15 minutes he said all I would need to do is send them $125.00 and I will receive my loan within an 1hour-5hours and from there I would pay $125 a month. At first he said everything would happen through my bank account and then he turned around and said money pak! I instantly knew this was a scam, I have been through it before and no suprise here. Well I started questioning some serious stuff and not long after he hung up on me because well I knew the game he was playing. This is warning do not become a VICTIM to this scam! they called from a 217-807-4354 number. I am not sure if it changes all the time but I am just letting people know don't do it! find another loan place or try and get one through a bank but don't fall for these guys TRAP.

• Be
    BEAWAREALLTIMES Mar 12, 2013

I to was contacted by Rick Foster with this so called E Loans. He called from this number 202-657-6773. He said I was approved for a loan & had to send him money with a green dot card from Wal-Mart but I had to call to find out how to send the money. He claimed the $150 I would send along with the loan would be deposited into my bank account. I knew from the conversation it was a scam, you do not need to pay some one money to receive a loan. I have contacted agencies to file complaints & to protect my personal info that was stolen.

• Ri
    riichie indians Apr 10, 2013

I was contacted by a certain Tony that a loan of $1000 is approved, and referred me to their officer Shane. The telephone number they are using is 813-667-8212. Names like Scott, George, Scott, , Mark Henderson ...SOUNDS CAUCASIANS huh!!! are their front liners speaking INDIAN accents. Since I was approved, they asked me to send them green dot from CVS to show that I can pay the loan, and that it will be deposited back to my account. Almost the same modus operandi to everyone. How can we stop this ELOAN INDIAN COMPANY ...doing business in the US and around the world. Please please put a STOP on this before these INDIAN ACCENT GUYS ...TRAP more VICTIMS. Let them go back to where they come from. They are THIEVES stealing personal info. From Richindians

Chelseaa13 Jun 28, 2013

I had a guy by the name of "Jerry Lewis" with an Indian accent call me about a loan the other day saying im eligible for $10, 000. He told me I would have to pay interest in total of $1, 000, which im not sure why I didn't see that as a red flag to begin with. However when I went to go through with the loan he told me I would have to send money to verify my income. That's a red flag right there. This is my first time with a loan company and my father told me he has never had to pay money to get a loan. I figured I would let you guys know whats going on. The number he calls me from is (339)707-3319 out of Massachusetts. The answering machine says a different name than Jerry Lewis, however I cannot understand it. I don't appreciate someone else getting my information and trying to commit fraud through me. I'm not looking to get taken advantage of I'm looking for money so I can attend college and start my career.

P.S. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR SUBMITTING THESE REVIEWS BECAUSE I ALMOST GOT SCREWED OVER TODAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T CHECK INTO THIS. MY DAD TOLD ME TO RESEARCH IT MORE AND I FOUND THIS PAGE AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!

Kathleen Lalla Apr 27, 2019

@Chelseaa13 yea, my guys name was frank miller, who claimed he was from eloans, he deposited a bogue check into my account. It was supposed to be for PPI insurance (in case I didn't pay the loan back. When my bank returned the check I recieved a copy of the check, it was from robert jaric in Georgia. Someone told me this was from a retirement home. This doesn't have anything to do with eloans. Since I authorized them to put it into my account by providing my account information. The bank won't even dispute it. I had to make a police report. I waiting on results

• Rh
    Rhonda G Rogers Jul 02, 2013

I have also been scammed by a person from e-loans. I was told that my credit score, which is below average, needed a security deposit of 275.00$ by money pak from Walmart. It was explained to me that the money will be deposited back I to my account with the loan amount of 1000.00$. I got the money pak and gave the numbers on it...I feel like an idiot. Well the manager, David Miller, calls from 760-394-6068 and tells me that the money is gong to be deposited last night. No surprise, it was not. He has left several messages for me and keeps saying that he'll call back in 5/10 mins to check and see if money is in my bank account today. As I am writing this, I have a negative bank account thanks to them and me trusting what appeared to be a legit company.

• Km
    K Miranda Jul 27, 2013

On Wednesday July 24th, I went on the internet to find a loan company to see if I could obtain a personal loan for medical exspenses. In doing so I came upon multiple sites that would be able to take my personal information and contact finance companies on my behalf. I completed an application with couple of different sites and started to receive emails with links to other sites (again not finance companies but companies who can get me in contact with finance companies). I did not complete any more applications through those sites. On Thursday July 25th at 4:01pm, while at work I rec'd a voicemail on my home phone stating I was full approved for a loan and should contact Jacob at 760-282-4676 ASAP. I ddn't contact them back but the next day Friday they called me back. I spoke with 3 different people with strong Indian accents (hard to understand)sometimes I thought I was speaking with the same person who identified himself as someone else. They stated I needed to confirm my information that they had on the application that was forwarded to them. The interesting thing is they did have my information which I did confirm. The last individual I spoke with talked about the process or next steps..Jacob explained that there is a application fee of $79 which covers their costs to establish the loan and that my bank (Chase) will also charge a $17 fee to do this. So he said I would need to pay these fees first and then the requested loan of $3500 would be deposited into my account. He also explained that since he did not have access to withdraw the fee from my accout I would have to do a bill pay. At that time I thought something was really wrong and told him I would not have the money until next Wed 8/31, he then said this is a small amount of money so I need to borrow it from my friends. I said I would contact them back net Wed. Jacob said ok and proceed to give me his extenstion 714. Before I got off the phone I asked them what was the name of their company and he responded Eloan (www.eloan.com). Today is Saturday July 27th and they called me again today in which I did not answer the phone. They did not leave a message this time.

Andy 72 Sep 19, 2018

@K Miranda THEY ARE A SCAM RING...DO NOT GIVE THEM 1 SINGLE DOLLAR OF YOUR MONEY...THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME...BUT I FELT THAT LITTLE SOMETHING, LIKE YOU DO, TRUST THAT GUT FEELING...I DID NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION...THE RED FLAG IS THERE, I CALLED AND SPOKE TO A COUPLE DIFFERENT ALLISIST...YOUR WERE SPEAKING TO THE SAME PERSON, WHEN I CALLED HIM OUT ...HE TRIED TO MY OUT, AND CALLED ME A STUPID AMERICAN..!!! DO NOT CALL OR ACCEPT ANY NUMBERS OUT OF STATE...HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL

Ms.Snow Aug 23, 2013

Yes!!! I just received a call from a man stating he was from eloan, and I was approved for 5, 000. I was to send his company 150.the first payment he claims to be Tim Warren. Calling from Columbia, Ky. I told him he was a scammer and he became very defensive and pretended not to understand me. I told he not to call me again!!

Ms.Snow Aug 23, 2013

This is me again sorry I didn't correct my spelling or grammar but while I was writing the above comment down. A woman from the same so-called company saying she was the supervisor, threatened me she was going to call the police on me for calling her a scam...I started laughing so hard and just hung up on her! So beware of the number 270-974-4577.

• Tr
    Trish58 Jan 29, 2019

@Ms.Snow Wow your post is from 2013 and this is still going on.I just got off the phone to this guy I couldn't understand and it all sounded fishy to me and I called him a scammer as well and told him what he is doing is wrong taking from money from people who are needing a loan . Thanks for the heads up on the phone number you posted. Unreal that they are still getting away with this scam and hacking in on financial institutions.

• Lo
    loislane Aug 27, 2013

I fell for the scam they called David Chambers in the accounting department assured me that if i put a security deposit of $365 that he would be able to transfer it to my account. then after I received a call back he said my credit was poor and that i would have to send an additional $405. When i asked to cancel the loan and get my money back I was told that if i cancel it, that it would charge me a $700 cancellation fee. So i sent the additional money then when he called back said the funds on the money pak card could not be accessed even though when i checked it, it was empty. he told me that if i were to go get a new one with another $405 then we could continue. I explained that there was no way to get the money and he kept pushing me to find it from somewhere and that i could send the reciept to green dot to get my $405 back. Now i am stuck because the money i gave was mine and my roommates rent money and were already up for eviction.

• Th
    ThornedAndScorned Sep 13, 2013

I was scammed by another loan company for $350 recently and was completely surprised to get a call from ELoan supposedly yesterday. The rep gave me a whole pitch even assuring me they were a credible company with a business licensing number which I verified. Due to my new found mistrust, I was not falling for it again. But I wondered how do you decipher the real from the fake? I can't believe our government has not regulated this type of scamming yet... I mean our government regulates miscellaneous issues daily, why not scams preying on the desperate and elderly. My solution... Trust no one, reputable or not!

• Tm
    tmonty Sep 25, 2013

"They are fraudulent then. You should let the police know they are using your name to defraud people. They are using 828-305-6073. The caller ID says Forest City NC. Everyone talking seem to be East Indian" I wrote that to the real eloan.com person. Here is what she wrote me:Thank you for contacting E-LOAN.

E-LOAN is no longer originating loans. We are currently servicing Savings and CD accounts online. We have not and will NOT attempt to get in contact with you regarding any loans since we are not a lender.
    The E-LOAN website may link you to other companies' websites that offer services that may be of interest to you if you are in search of a loan. In the process of accessing these companies through our E-Loan website they do not obtain any specific information about you or your transactions on our website.
    Please be aware that these companies may collect personally identifiable information about you in order to process loan applications should you choose to proceed with an application. Our Privacy Policy does not cover those third party websites, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies prior to providing them with your personal information.
    Once again, please note that E-Loan will NOT attempt to contact you regarding loans. Should you receive any phone calls from companies claiming to be E-LOAN please be aware that it may be a possible fraud attempt.

Should you have any questions please call us at (866) 576-7283. Our hours are 8am- 5pm PST Monday through Friday.
    THE SCAMMER EVEN SAID TO LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE ELOAN.COM. I EMAILED THEM AND GOT THE ABOVE EMAIL BACK

• Ro
    rose1981 Sep 30, 2013

I had got a call from some india guy he said his name was peter rogers saying i was approved for a loan upto 5000 that in order to get it i would have to send $260 on agreendot moneypak because they didnt accept credit/debit cards. Well i told him i would have to call him back he gave me this number 202-436-9733 i called him back a couple days later. Well a different guy answered his name was rex williams i had the money on the card gave him the number he told me i would get money bak so i would receive $5260 and he said a guy from the bank will give me a call to get info from me to wire the money to my bank account. I wasn't thinking then i was excited because i was geting a loan so i could pay my bills and get birthday gifts for my kids. I get a call from a guy who name is Bobby Watson (202-738-4127) from the Federal Reserve Bank of Washington he said that i had to send $800 for taxes to the IRS and that he would pay $400 if i would send $400 also. I was unsure bout it but he told me that i would get $5660 back all i had to do was put it on a moneypak well he was suppose to call me back the next morning but didnt i was at work i called him back on my lunchbreak and when he answered he acted like he didnt know me i told him who i was he said he was trying to call me but i had no missed calls from him. He began to tell me that the IRS. said i owed $1500 in default to them. I was suprised because i never got a letter from. the Irs saying i owed that money he said if i send $750 he would pay the other half but. i was like i don't have that kind of money. I told him to cancel and send my $660 back. well he was charging me a $260 cancellation fee then he hung up on me i called him. back and told him i wanted to talk to the bank manager well he said he was the. manager that when i realized i had just been scammed. I put a trace on the numbers and found out they were cell #s belonging to the same person.

Cheryl524 Oct 10, 2013

This eloan tried to scam me also. This indian guy would not stop callling me. He had a thick accent and tried telling me his name was Scott Davis...LOL That was all i had to hear to know he was a scammer. This guy must have called me a hundred times over two weeks. I kept hanging up on him. I got so angry that i finally said "quit F***ing calling me ###." He then told ME to "SUCK HIS D**k." How outragous is that? Anytime someone wants money first, that is a scam!!! Your first payment on the loan is due after you receive the funds. Always remember that!! As i was reading these posts, i felt sooooo bad for the people that this guy scammed. Im so sorry to all of you that fell for this. I have gotten payday loans fairly easy off the internet. There are ways to tell the scammers from the legit companies. But the legit companies due have high finance fees, thats the only problem. If anyone needs the legit places, post it here, i will check back to see. Thank You...Cheryl

• Da
    Dazzled and Frazzeled Oct 10, 2013

Same deal. Indian Accent calling from Canton, IL (309) area code. Knew this was a scam when he told me my interest on a $5, 000.00 loan was 10% and then when I asked what the total interest was he said $500.00. I asked him to send me all of the details in an email (which he had my email address). Called me back 2 hours later to see if I received the email, when I told him I had not he implied if I didn't put $250.00 on a Walmart MoneyPak Card for employment insurance TODAY, I would lose the $5, 000.00 loan. I told him I knew he was a scam artist, just needed an electronic document to turn over to the Feds. He then cursed me with some "F" bombs and hung up.
    Please do not get sucked into this scam. If things are tough and offers sound to good to be true, they typically are not true.

• Go
    gotmeoncebutneveragain Oct 25, 2013

My story is similiar to everyone elses, and today I'm out of $132.00, had to put the money on one of those money pack cards to be ripped off. $132.00 is a lot of money to just give away when you got bills to be paid. E LOAN IS A BIG SCAM. Eric Johnson told me they needed more money, that's when I knew No you guys are full it. Just put mt 132.00 back in my account. Needless to say I'm still waiting for my money. We are not stupid, or idiot, we live and learn, and we all needed a little help on our bills. But never again.We don't need to pay to get a loan.

Ms. Dudley Nov 01, 2013

My fiancée was called Wednesday October 30 and we were told after we paid all the fees which we did and we were told the money would be in our account. Well it is Saturday morning and nothing. We gave them every penny we had and now we have nothing left and now we are flat broke. So we will lose everything. Our Apartment and everything else. Loan was suppose to be 3000 and we paid about 600 so we got SCAMMED.

• Cy
    cynthia groover Jan 17, 2014

I to was scamed. I had a gut feelign this was not right but kept on with the request. They said i was approved for $2000 they needed me to get a monay pac card for $200 then another for $148. I did both and of course i never got the money. I will never again fall Lords Will. eloan is a scam. I wish we could do something about this to many people is loosing there hard earned money.

• Ac
    A. Cooper Jan 24, 2014

12th-24th of January, 2014 A. Cooper
    ELoan Finance sent me an e-mail on Jan 15th; a dialog over the internet went back and forth with a PDF attachment about a loan. Back and forth went E-mails every day. Then they e-mailed and approval letter for up to $10000 dollars; on the 23rd I called again about the loan to ask more specific questions as I suspected a "fraud"; There are several sites; BBB, Office of Consumer Protection of Missouri Dept of Finance, and Yahoo info sites that alerted me of this so-called "upfront money scam". Today, the 24th, I went on the ELoan and/or Eloan Finance web site, which has 9600 Bryn Mawr Ave., Rosemont, Il 60018-5226 and a ph# of 217-498-3055 but I was given 917-503-5737; I am sure there are others. They have an extensive web site with several types of loans, but no personal loan needs a transaction fee if it is a legitimate loan.
    They tried real hard to get me to go to CVS/Walgreens/Walmart to get a Green Dot Card!! They do NOT want you to use your regular bank cards as they would have to supply legitimate routing and account numbers that your bank could be alerted about but Green Dot is an "open" type non-linked card.
    Stay away from these people or any company that wants an "upfront" processing fee!

• Id
    Identity theft Feb 05, 2014

Fraudster using this site to get personal info and call your bank to file disputes on your previous loan payments. Your bank will then take money back from the people you paid and credit your account as they thought you called!! Fraudster calls you and says they gave you credit so you could send money to them from credit to prove you are account holder. The money was not given by them!! Watch out you put your info in this site and it will be stolen!! Account numbers, Social Security numbers, address, all personal info gone and identity theft all you get in return. RUN RUN RUN form this site NOW!!!

• Ki
    kim dove Feb 06, 2014

I also failed victim to this scam, I applied for a loan with e loans and within minutes I was told I was approved for 1500.00 all I had to do was answer a couple of question to complete the application, once the application was approved to secure the loan I would need to send a transfer fee in the amount of 135.00 in order for them to transfer the funds into my bank account when I asked why they don't deduct it from my loan or just deduct right from my account the so called agent (john Paul) went into a long explanation about some federal insurance code. I was suspicious but really needed the loan so I took the 135 out my account and put it on a vanilla reload network prepaid card. I called him and he gave me instructions on how to send him the card codes off the back of the card and said the money should be in my account within 20 minutes. when I checked and no money was there I called him. He told me that their accounting office was having trouble with depositing the money so he transferred me to the so called accounting office then I spoke to someone named Anthony Chance he told me about the trouble they may be experiencing. He in turn told me instead of 1500.00 I was now approved for 2500.00, and now I need to get another vanilla card and this time they would need me to send them 289.85. I knew at this point something was wrong so I went with my gut and sent them nothing and change my bank info

Chkmateto2 Mar 24, 2014

I need someone or maybe 2 of you listed to please contact me via this site. I was the most recent victim and I believe if we band together we can possibly make this Web Site Financial Institution or whatever it is accountable. Please, please, please contact me.

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@Chkmateto2 I have 3 different scams.eloan.money key.and now go bank, and the same India as holas

Chkmateto2 Mar 31, 2014

I was scammed by ELoans and I need each everyone of you who sent money to this company to please contact me on this board. I am starting a Class Action Suit against this company. So far I have gained one other person but I would like more to join in. As I can see this company has been doing this for years. It's time to stop the madness. Those that have been scammed may be too embarrassed to admit they were scammed but the more we come together to stop this the better we will feel.

jasonkennidy Apr 30, 2014

HAhahahah! These lame ### punks just tried to run the scam on me as well. Being that I have been in business for a long time I have never heard of having to send money to a company that is giving you the loan. I told them I'm headed to walgreens right away.. I'll see how far I can drag this out!

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@jasonkennidy Lmao...I did that same thing then called number.said not a working number, then they called right back.play them good

• Li
    Lisamaya James May 13, 2014

I have been getting calls from an Indian guy for the past month or so for a loan that i have been approved. I repeatedly said that I had not applied for one and no thanks. This day I said to myself let's just check it out and see what they were talking about. So when I said yes, I was instantly passed on to another agent named David Thomas. I was approved for $8000 with 11% with low credit score that is quite reasonable. I went on with the conversation and then they had to pull my credit. The only way I could get the money is to but a payment on eloan verification voucher. I was told that I would get my money back and that He would walk me through the process. I told him I would call him back when I was able to go the 7eleven with the money. After researching and talking to a real estate broker friend, I knew I wasn't going to continue on. The man called me back and asked why I had not called him back. I told him I was not longer interested in the loan. He tried to convince and I spoke firmly no and said goodbye. Moments later an 800 number calls me and another Indian guy claims to be Bank of America and wants to know why $8000 deposit about to drop in my account and then was pulled back. This was the call that I knew 100% they are a scam. I have dealt with BOA for 14 years, and know how they do business and this was not it. So Beware!

katdaddy954 May 29, 2014

I have a similar complaint, I'm now going through the same thing, these Indian guys keep calling me stating that i can receive a10, 000 dollar loan, with a five year pay out of 130.00 dollars a month.And its not just one number they call from, it's a bunch of them ###ers.And the mess of it all is, they somehow know all my information.closing my account.on another note, i was contacted by another group of whatever ethnicity they are, claiming to be attorneys representing American loans/e loans, saying that i defaulted on several loans, and that if i don't pay them$467 dollars that they are gonna call my job and tell them they have a criminal working for them and have me arrested.so don't fall for that one either folks 205 225 3792 will be the number to look for.

• El
    eloan plus May 30, 2014

never get a loan from theses guys they are SCAM ARTISTS I received a call from Scott Davis saying i was approved for a 1, 500.00 loan and i was to 138.00 and of that $138.00 was to be refunded along with the 1500.00 well they claimed there was a problem with the bank and funds will need me to require them sending it via Western Union and they needed me to send an additional 294.19 and would be refunded along with 1500.00 but then we i was about to get the tracking number needed for the wire transfer they i needed to pay an additional 485.00 for taxes for the state of Louisiana to get the last 4 digits to the tracking number so i put a stop and realized I have been scammed should have never sent them money. If you have to send money you are being scammed So I said i am going to report them to BBB and what i received was FU B**CH!!! and click so now what does this tell you SCAMMERS!!! BEWARE 224-353-0374

• Mr
    Mrs. Black Jun 03, 2014

Few years ago I got a call about a loan I applied via E-Loan. Luckily I read an Article about Lending a few days Earlier. It is a federal law that lenders can Not ask borrowers to pay anything upfront. Any reputable financial institution do Not ask anything upfront and fees, terms and Rates are disclosed clearly and before signing. Anybody who fell for this scam need to report this to consumer agency or your Attorney General. I told the guy who called me this and he got rude, cussed me out and said I don't know what I'm talking about. Well I did and reported him come to find out these people work from home somewhere and are out to scam people

• Js
    jswizzle21 Jun 05, 2014

I applied for several payday loans, through various companies and was declined. I received a call 2 days ago from a guy with an indian accent that asked i was still interested in a student loan and I answered yes. He said I wouldnt have to pay anything and he already had all of my information. He told me that he would put the money in my account the next day. So I checked my account the next day and there were 2 ach disputes credited to my account for more than the amount I had requested. He called me back and told me to get moneypak cards and send them the money back and they would correct it and send me the right amount. I sent the money back and he said that my loan would be in my account in 30 mins. This is when I knew it was a scam, I immediately called my bank and they said that someone had made 2 ach disputes on my rent payments for april and may. I informed my bank that it wasnt me and they said they will cancel the disputes and correct everything. I only fell victim to this scam because I was in need of money and wasn't thinking correctly. Please dont fall victim to their scams. If someone offers you a pay day loan and you dont have to sign anything or it doesnt seem legit then it probably isnt

• Dr
    Dre key Jun 06, 2014

Literally just got off the phone with these crooks trying to get my money. First of all I really don't recall signing up for anything however I have been stressing so anything is possible but I digress so I told them that yes I was in need of a $1500 loan this man named Ray, with an Indian accent, went on to tell me that my loan was approved and that I did not have to feel out any paperwork since they already had my information they just deed it be to verify my account number and my routing number the last four of my Social Security number and my date of birth so that they can go ahead and get everything finalized, told me that my monthly installments would be $287, then he went on to say the only thing that I needed to do was to show that I was financially responsible for the $287, so I asked him how would I go about doing that and he told me that I needed to go to the Walgreens and purchase a green dot money pack... At this point in time my spider senses are tingling and I know that this is a scam because once I put that money on the card and I give him the number he can then access the card and remove that money good thing that I was already on the Internet while I was talking to him researching the company that he said he was calling from...be careful out there

• Gr
    grannysclan Jun 06, 2014

We applied for an eloan also for $2, 000. from ELoan. Each time we got an Indian Guy, sometimes his name is Chris Watson other times he goes by Don, lol They wanted $184.00 on a green dot money pak to verify who we were. I refused to do this.
    Don't go thru ELoan for nothing.

Josey78 Jun 12, 2014

They did it too me too!! My god I feel like a total "TOOL" I cannot believe I fell for this, but everything looked so legit, and upstanding. Jesus, what a mess this has caused...Do NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAM ARTISTS. I got the Indian dude too and he was calling from a 330-460-4807 number. If it weren't for my awsome company I would be so screwed right now.

Josey78 Jun 12, 2014

I got scammed...I should've listened to my gut, truly I should have, I want to rip someone's head off and ### down their necks. 160 dollars just POOF gone...then the asshats told me I needed to pay an additional 180 for the taxes, I told them to kiss my ### and I'll be reporting ya'll to every place I can think of...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP!!! I got some indian sounding guy and he was calling from a 330-460-4807 Number... Just don't do it, save yourself, time/money and dignity.

• Br
    bruceleiroy Jun 16, 2014

Everyone is totally right these people are scamming all of us. They now are calling from 661-636-6397. Their new fake website is www.quicklendloans.com
    They contacted me stating I was approved for a $5000 loan then within 10 minutes was telling me that I needed to put $238 on a GreenDot prepaid card. When I told them that this is exactly the same way scam companies rip people out of their money he tried to give m
    e their website name to look them up which isn't even www.eloans.com. I told him I'd do my research and call back. When I called back I told them to stop calling me and that this was a scam. The Indian guy tells me that no one has ever called me and that it isn't a scam. My first response to this is, So if a loan company asks you to load money onto a prepaid card that they want the number to, do you thinking it is a scam?" He responds saying, Yes. At this point all I can do is laugh at this guy. They just called me telling me to do this, I got off the phone with them and within 5min I found out their company was scamming people, so I called back to tell them to never call me again and this guy is literally telling me they are a scam company. Please don't be a victim. Jesus loves us all and will help us find a way. Just pray and have faith, but don't fall victim to the demons of this world. I love and will pray for the world, past, present, and future.

kajunqt Jun 18, 2014

I got scammed as well. I paid the first 195 as my "first" payment and then was told to pay an additional 250 for taxes. That's when I realized it was a scam. But it was too late man I wish I had done more research at least it was just 195 could have been worst. The are using 3 different phone numbers. I wish I would have kept them to post. Beware leave e-loan ALONE!

• La
    Lauraathome Jun 18, 2014

This guy named Eric Johnson from E-loans kept calling my land line looking for a random woman. After entirely too many voice mails and missed calls, I finally was home to answer the phone. When I asked Eric to stop calling this number, he asked for my name. I gave him my last name, but refused to give him my first. He then asked me to do him a favor at which point he asked me to suck his dick. I told him to F off and hung up. "Eric" immediately called back and I (mistakenly) answered thinking I could talk to a supervisor. He repeated his request and then told me I sounded sexy. At that point I hung up but he kept calling me; 6 times in a 3 minute period. I can only hope some form of karma exists for people like that.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices