eLoan.comis a scam!

S Review updated:

We went online to try to get a payday advance, we went to eloan.com and applied for a personal loan, we were approved for a $5,000.00, within a couple of days we received faxes where we just had to sign it, fax it back with proof of identification and they were charging $770.00 on insurance to guarantee the loan, because of them having such a reputable name we went through with it, sent them an entire paycheck to get this loan, we did this on a wednesday, they said the money would be deposited into our account via wire transfer by that friday, well it never came, we immediately started calling eloan.com, as it turns out, someone is hacking into their website and scamming people out of the hard earned money they have made, according to the "real" eloan company, there is nothing that can be done other than report it to the fraud dept., as of this date, we still have not gotten the $770.00 back, we have called them and been cursed at, they actually had the nerve to say if we would send another $600.00 in taxes they would release the loan to us still, beware if you go to the eloan.com website, they do not do personal loans, this was a surprise to us!!!

• Ck
    CK Apr 17, 2007

ELOAN is a totally INSECURE company!! They have hackers stealing their customers personal information from online applications. And They KNOW about it!! Where is the Warning on their web page?!? Wheres the Beware?!? I applied for a $5000 unsecured loan, which I was called back on and approved for. I was told from the fake eloan representative that I needed to send a $770 insurance payment prior to the loan being drafted into my account. I sent it through Western Union thinking eloan was a solid reputable company. WRONG!!! The money still wasn't there. They then said I had to send another $750 because I needed maximum insurance. This is "Eloan" remember. I never saw a dime. Meanwhile I just got out of the Military and didnt have all that money in the first place. I had to borrow the "insurance" money from somebody guaranteeing I would pay it back in a day. I am now out $1520, and full of bills that need to be paid. ELOAN is terrible and took no steps to warn their customers of this scam being ran out of California, Canada, and wherever else!

Chiquita69 Jun 17, 2017

@CK I was also scam from this so company $1.056.00 and have reported and and they had me repay them with i-tunes card but the deposit into my account couter fit checks and had me re-draw from my acoount to re pay them like that
    My money for the loan that I was approve for was for $5, 000.00 but the deposit a portion of it into my account so I can pay them back there fee

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@CK >ts the company doing it and saying their being hacked I think.it happened with money key, go bank.they all sound the same and at company also

• Md
    M Diallo May 14, 2008

I almost got taken in by this same scam. I applied through E-LOAN for a personal loan. I was directed to the Citifinancial website. They turned me down and I thought nothing of it. A few days ago someone claiming to be from E-LOAN stated I was approved for the a $10, 000 loan and needed to send $850 to secure the loan. I gave them my routing number and checking account number to wire the money into my account. They faxed over the "loan agreement" I signed it faxed back a copy of my paystub, id, soc security card and then was told to wire the money by MoneyGram. What alerted me and made me stop and think was the representative said that I had to call her when I got to the Moneygram location before she would give me the instructions. She also said that I had to use the form that was for sending money to a person and not the Express Payment form used for sending payments to companies. When I got to the Moneygram location the "loan rep" didn't pick up the phone I call 3 times. An angel must have been looking out for me. I left Moneygram and then called Moneygram and spoke to an agent about my situation and they confirmed that this was a scam that was happening to thousands of people and I should not send the money. I immediately closed my bank account and alerted the credit bureaus. I also contacted E-LOAN and a Specialist assured me the FBI is involved. I believe E-LOAN should just refund the money to the people who have been affected or everyone should just start a class action lawsuit. How are these people stealing are information anyway. They had to have gotten my number from the E-LOAN website.

Mark Francis26 Aug 09, 2018

@M Diallo I have the same problem with I lgoogle cards they scamming every body

• Ko
    K Olson9168 Apr 04, 2019

@Mark Francis26 K Olson
    They just asked me to get a $150 Google Play Card to secure the "LOAN." Well, I'm not doing it!!! I have never heard of giving money to get money, other than a home appraisal.

• Rh
    rhyce Nov 03, 2010

I am one of the recent victim of eloan. I should have followed my gut feeling. but when you need money you don't think anymore. They told me I got approve of $1, 500. I already paid them all the fees. Now I receive an email that there is a problem and I am to call them immediately. I called them and no one was answering. I emailed then again. Then told me my loan was increase to 5, 000.00 and I need to pay another fees for that. I emailed them that I hope I am not a victim of a scam. They noted on their email not to use the word scam since it will affect them. Now I don't know what to do. I need to pay someone tomorrow and now I don't have any cash left. What can we do to stop this and get our money back?

• Do
    Doc Holiday1973 Feb 09, 2013

I was taken on Friday by these jerks!! They called and said I was approved for a 6, 000.00 loan. I sent them 175.00 then they said I had to pay the tax, so I sent 195.00. Then they called and needed another 155.00 to release my loan to my bank. Now when I call, the line is busy.Busy for the last 2 days. 515.00 gone! And Its some how my fault! I would love absolutely love to meet the As*hole in person!!! I am sick to my stomach...

• Bu
    Butterflyqb Jan 29, 2017

@Doc Holiday1973 Know how you feel. One day I would like to meet the one person with 3 name and kick him in the BAL?S

• Th
    theresearchguru Feb 19, 2013

glad i do my research first becuase i just got off the phone with them for a 24 month 175.00 a month on a 3000.00 dollar loan and the guy was indian and not fully speaking english and said i have to use a green doot money pack card from walmart which explains becuase i hacker has no real way of taing out of your bank account specially of this magnitude. it all seemed fishy to me but i need or needed the loan BAD. but agaib glad i do research before doing anything becuase id rather be behind on a bill or 2 than be BROKE with no way to fix it.

Jasmine Simien Sep 06, 2018

@theresearchguru Cab someone please contact me and help me what to do they just sent me money as well and asking that I stop at wal mart and give them a call 7135750779

• Nf
    nfields13 Feb 28, 2013

I recently filled out a form as well for a loan through the website. I figured I wasn't approved for the loan so I tried other ones. A day late I got a call back saying I was approved for $1, 000.00 and it was some indian guy as well explaining all the details which made me think it was LEGIT! well after talking for about 10-15 minutes he said all I would need to do is send them $125.00 and I will receive my loan within an 1hour-5hours and from there I would pay $125 a month. At first he said everything would happen through my bank account and then he turned around and said money pak! I instantly knew this was a scam, I have been through it before and no suprise here. Well I started questioning some serious stuff and not long after he hung up on me because well I knew the game he was playing. This is warning do not become a VICTIM to this scam! they called from a 217-807-4354 number. I am not sure if it changes all the time but I am just letting people know don't do it! find another loan place or try and get one through a bank but don't fall for these guys TRAP.

• Be
    BEAWAREALLTIMES Mar 12, 2013

I to was contacted by Rick Foster with this so called E Loans. He called from this number 202-657-6773. He said I was approved for a loan & had to send him money with a green dot card from Wal-Mart but I had to call to find out how to send the money. He claimed the $150 I would send along with the loan would be deposited into my bank account. I knew from the conversation it was a scam, you do not need to pay some one money to receive a loan. I have contacted agencies to file complaints & to protect my personal info that was stolen.

• Ri
    riichie indians Apr 10, 2013

I was contacted by a certain Tony that a loan of $1000 is approved, and referred me to their officer Shane. The telephone number they are using is 813-667-8212. Names like Scott, George, Scott, , Mark Henderson ...SOUNDS CAUCASIANS huh!!! are their front liners speaking INDIAN accents. Since I was approved, they asked me to send them green dot from CVS to show that I can pay the loan, and that it will be deposited back to my account. Almost the same modus operandi to everyone. How can we stop this ELOAN INDIAN COMPANY ...doing business in the US and around the world. Please please put a STOP on this before these INDIAN ACCENT GUYS ...TRAP more VICTIMS. Let them go back to where they come from. They are THIEVES stealing personal info. From Richindians

Chelseaa13 Jun 28, 2013

I had a guy by the name of "Jerry Lewis" with an Indian accent call me about a loan the other day saying im eligible for $10, 000. He told me I would have to pay interest in total of $1, 000, which im not sure why I didn't see that as a red flag to begin with. However when I went to go through with the loan he told me I would have to send money to verify my income. That's a red flag right there. This is my first time with a loan company and my father told me he has never had to pay money to get a loan. I figured I would let you guys know whats going on. The number he calls me from is (339)707-3319 out of Massachusetts. The answering machine says a different name than Jerry Lewis, however I cannot understand it. I don't appreciate someone else getting my information and trying to commit fraud through me. I'm not looking to get taken advantage of I'm looking for money so I can attend college and start my career.

P.S. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR SUBMITTING THESE REVIEWS BECAUSE I ALMOST GOT SCREWED OVER TODAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T CHECK INTO THIS. MY DAD TOLD ME TO RESEARCH IT MORE AND I FOUND THIS PAGE AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!

Kathleen Lalla Apr 27, 2019

@Chelseaa13 yea, my guys name was frank miller, who claimed he was from eloans, he deposited a bogue check into my account. It was supposed to be for PPI insurance (in case I didn't pay the loan back. When my bank returned the check I recieved a copy of the check, it was from robert jaric in Georgia. Someone told me this was from a retirement home. This doesn't have anything to do with eloans. Since I authorized them to put it into my account by providing my account information. The bank won't even dispute it. I had to make a police report. I waiting on results

• Rh
    Rhonda G Rogers Jul 02, 2013

I have also been scammed by a person from e-loans. I was told that my credit score, which is below average, needed a security deposit of 275.00$ by money pak from Walmart. It was explained to me that the money will be deposited back I to my account with the loan amount of 1000.00$. I got the money pak and gave the numbers on it...I feel like an idiot. Well the manager, David Miller, calls from 760-394-6068 and tells me that the money is gong to be deposited last night. No surprise, it was not. He has left several messages for me and keeps saying that he'll call back in 5/10 mins to check and see if money is in my bank account today. As I am writing this, I have a negative bank account thanks to them and me trusting what appeared to be a legit company.

• Km
    K Miranda Jul 27, 2013

On Wednesday July 24th, I went on the internet to find a loan company to see if I could obtain a personal loan for medical exspenses. In doing so I came upon multiple sites that would be able to take my personal information and contact finance companies on my behalf. I completed an application with couple of different sites and started to receive emails with links to other sites (again not finance companies but companies who can get me in contact with finance companies). I did not complete any more applications through those sites. On Thursday July 25th at 4:01pm, while at work I rec'd a voicemail on my home phone stating I was full approved for a loan and should contact Jacob at 760-282-4676 ASAP. I ddn't contact them back but the next day Friday they called me back. I spoke with 3 different people with strong Indian accents (hard to understand)sometimes I thought I was speaking with the same person who identified himself as someone else. They stated I needed to confirm my information that they had on the application that was forwarded to them. The interesting thing is they did have my information which I did confirm. The last individual I spoke with talked about the process or next steps..Jacob explained that there is a application fee of $79 which covers their costs to establish the loan and that my bank (Chase) will also charge a $17 fee to do this. So he said I would need to pay these fees first and then the requested loan of $3500 would be deposited into my account. He also explained that since he did not have access to withdraw the fee from my accout I would have to do a bill pay. At that time I thought something was really wrong and told him I would not have the money until next Wed 8/31, he then said this is a small amount of money so I need to borrow it from my friends. I said I would contact them back net Wed. Jacob said ok and proceed to give me his extenstion 714. Before I got off the phone I asked them what was the name of their company and he responded Eloan (www.eloan.com). Today is Saturday July 27th and they called me again today in which I did not answer the phone. They did not leave a message this time.

Andy 72 Sep 19, 2018

@K Miranda THEY ARE A SCAM RING...DO NOT GIVE THEM 1 SINGLE DOLLAR OF YOUR MONEY...THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME...BUT I FELT THAT LITTLE SOMETHING, LIKE YOU DO, TRUST THAT GUT FEELING...I DID NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION...THE RED FLAG IS THERE, I CALLED AND SPOKE TO A COUPLE DIFFERENT ALLISIST...YOUR WERE SPEAKING TO THE SAME PERSON, WHEN I CALLED HIM OUT ...HE TRIED TO MY OUT, AND CALLED ME A STUPID AMERICAN..!!! DO NOT CALL OR ACCEPT ANY NUMBERS OUT OF STATE...HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL

Ms.Snow Aug 23, 2013

Yes!!! I just received a call from a man stating he was from eloan, and I was approved for 5, 000. I was to send his company 150.the first payment he claims to be Tim Warren. Calling from Columbia, Ky. I told him he was a scammer and he became very defensive and pretended not to understand me. I told he not to call me again!!

Ms.Snow Aug 23, 2013

This is me again sorry I didn't correct my spelling or grammar but while I was writing the above comment down. A woman from the same so-called company saying she was the supervisor, threatened me she was going to call the police on me for calling her a scam...I started laughing so hard and just hung up on her! So beware of the number 270-974-4577.

• Tr
    Trish58 Jan 29, 2019

@Ms.Snow Wow your post is from 2013 and this is still going on.I just got off the phone to this guy I couldn't understand and it all sounded fishy to me and I called him a scammer as well and told him what he is doing is wrong taking from money from people who are needing a loan . Thanks for the heads up on the phone number you posted. Unreal that they are still getting away with this scam and hacking in on financial institutions.

• Lo
    loislane Aug 27, 2013

I fell for the scam they called David Chambers in the accounting department assured me that if i put a security deposit of $365 that he would be able to transfer it to my account. then after I received a call back he said my credit was poor and that i would have to send an additional $405. When i asked to cancel the loan and get my money back I was told that if i cancel it, that it would charge me a $700 cancellation fee. So i sent the additional money then when he called back said the funds on the money pak card could not be accessed even though when i checked it, it was empty. he told me that if i were to go get a new one with another $405 then we could continue. I explained that there was no way to get the money and he kept pushing me to find it from somewhere and that i could send the reciept to green dot to get my $405 back. Now i am stuck because the money i gave was mine and my roommates rent money and were already up for eviction.

• Th
    ThornedAndScorned Sep 13, 2013

I was scammed by another loan company for $350 recently and was completely surprised to get a call from ELoan supposedly yesterday. The rep gave me a whole pitch even assuring me they were a credible company with a business licensing number which I verified. Due to my new found mistrust, I was not falling for it again. But I wondered how do you decipher the real from the fake? I can't believe our government has not regulated this type of scamming yet... I mean our government regulates miscellaneous issues daily, why not scams preying on the desperate and elderly. My solution... Trust no one, reputable or not!

• Tm
    tmonty Sep 25, 2013

"They are fraudulent then. You should let the police know they are using your name to defraud people. They are using 828-305-6073. The caller ID says Forest City NC. Everyone talking seem to be East Indian" I wrote that to the real eloan.com person. Here is what she wrote me:Thank you for contacting E-LOAN.

E-LOAN is no longer originating loans. We are currently servicing Savings and CD accounts online. We have not and will NOT attempt to get in contact with you regarding any loans since we are not a lender.
    The E-LOAN website may link you to other companies' websites that offer services that may be of interest to you if you are in search of a loan. In the process of accessing these companies through our E-Loan website they do not obtain any specific information about you or your transactions on our website.
    Please be aware that these companies may collect personally identifiable information about you in order to process loan applications should you choose to proceed with an application. Our Privacy Policy does not cover those third party websites, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies prior to providing them with your personal information.
    Once again, please note that E-Loan will NOT attempt to contact you regarding loans. Should you receive any phone calls from companies claiming to be E-LOAN please be aware that it may be a possible fraud attempt.

Should you have any questions please call us at (866) 576-7283. Our hours are 8am- 5pm PST Monday through Friday.
    THE SCAMMER EVEN SAID TO LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE ELOAN.COM. I EMAILED THEM AND GOT THE ABOVE EMAIL BACK

• Ro
    rose1981 Sep 30, 2013

I had got a call from some india guy he said his name was peter rogers saying i was approved for a loan upto 5000 that in order to get it i would have to send $260 on agreendot moneypak because they didnt accept credit/debit cards. Well i told him i would have to call him back he gave me this number 202-436-9733 i called him back a couple days later. Well a different guy answered his name was rex williams i had the money on the card gave him the number he told me i would get money bak so i would receive $5260 and he said a guy from the bank will give me a call to get info from me to wire the money to my bank account. I wasn't thinking then i was excited because i was geting a loan so i could pay my bills and get birthday gifts for my kids. I get a call from a guy who name is Bobby Watson (202-738-4127) from the Federal Reserve Bank of Washington he said that i had to send $800 for taxes to the IRS and that he would pay $400 if i would send $400 also. I was unsure bout it but he told me that i would get $5660 back all i had to do was put it on a moneypak well he was suppose to call me back the next morning but didnt i was at work i called him back on my lunchbreak and when he answered he acted like he didnt know me i told him who i was he said he was trying to call me but i had no missed calls from him. He began to tell me that the IRS. said i owed $1500 in default to them. I was suprised because i never got a letter from. the Irs saying i owed that money he said if i send $750 he would pay the other half but. i was like i don't have that kind of money. I told him to cancel and send my $660 back. well he was charging me a $260 cancellation fee then he hung up on me i called him. back and told him i wanted to talk to the bank manager well he said he was the. manager that when i realized i had just been scammed. I put a trace on the numbers and found out they were cell #s belonging to the same person.

Cheryl524 Oct 10, 2013

This eloan tried to scam me also. This indian guy would not stop callling me. He had a thick accent and tried telling me his name was Scott Davis...LOL That was all i had to hear to know he was a scammer. This guy must have called me a hundred times over two weeks. I kept hanging up on him. I got so angry that i finally said "quit F***ing calling me ###." He then told ME to "SUCK HIS D**k." How outragous is that? Anytime someone wants money first, that is a scam!!! Your first payment on the loan is due after you receive the funds. Always remember that!! As i was reading these posts, i felt sooooo bad for the people that this guy scammed. Im so sorry to all of you that fell for this. I have gotten payday loans fairly easy off the internet. There are ways to tell the scammers from the legit companies. But the legit companies due have high finance fees, thats the only problem. If anyone needs the legit places, post it here, i will check back to see. Thank You...Cheryl

• Da
    Dazzled and Frazzeled Oct 10, 2013

Same deal. Indian Accent calling from Canton, IL (309) area code. Knew this was a scam when he told me my interest on a $5, 000.00 loan was 10% and then when I asked what the total interest was he said $500.00. I asked him to send me all of the details in an email (which he had my email address). Called me back 2 hours later to see if I received the email, when I told him I had not he implied if I didn't put $250.00 on a Walmart MoneyPak Card for employment insurance TODAY, I would lose the $5, 000.00 loan. I told him I knew he was a scam artist, just needed an electronic document to turn over to the Feds. He then cursed me with some "F" bombs and hung up.
    Please do not get sucked into this scam. If things are tough and offers sound to good to be true, they typically are not true.

• Go
    gotmeoncebutneveragain Oct 25, 2013

My story is similiar to everyone elses, and today I'm out of $132.00, had to put the money on one of those money pack cards to be ripped off. $132.00 is a lot of money to just give away when you got bills to be paid. E LOAN IS A BIG SCAM. Eric Johnson told me they needed more money, that's when I knew No you guys are full it. Just put mt 132.00 back in my account. Needless to say I'm still waiting for my money. We are not stupid, or idiot, we live and learn, and we all needed a little help on our bills. But never again.We don't need to pay to get a loan.

Ms. Dudley Nov 01, 2013

My fiancée was called Wednesday October 30 and we were told after we paid all the fees which we did and we were told the money would be in our account. Well it is Saturday morning and nothing. We gave them every penny we had and now we have nothing left and now we are flat broke. So we will lose everything. Our Apartment and everything else. Loan was suppose to be 3000 and we paid about 600 so we got SCAMMED.

• Cy
    cynthia groover Jan 17, 2014

I to was scamed. I had a gut feelign this was not right but kept on with the request. They said i was approved for $2000 they needed me to get a monay pac card for $200 then another for $148. I did both and of course i never got the money. I will never again fall Lords Will. eloan is a scam. I wish we could do something about this to many people is loosing there hard earned money.

• Ac
    A. Cooper Jan 24, 2014

12th-24th of January, 2014 A. Cooper
    ELoan Finance sent me an e-mail on Jan 15th; a dialog over the internet went back and forth with a PDF attachment about a loan. Back and forth went E-mails every day. Then they e-mailed and approval letter for up to $10000 dollars; on the 23rd I called again about the loan to ask more specific questions as I suspected a "fraud"; There are several sites; BBB, Office of Consumer Protection of Missouri Dept of Finance, and Yahoo info sites that alerted me of this so-called "upfront money scam". Today, the 24th, I went on the ELoan and/or Eloan Finance web site, which has 9600 Bryn Mawr Ave., Rosemont, Il 60018-5226 and a ph# of 217-498-3055 but I was given 917-503-5737; I am sure there are others. They have an extensive web site with several types of loans, but no personal loan needs a transaction fee if it is a legitimate loan.
    They tried real hard to get me to go to CVS/Walgreens/Walmart to get a Green Dot Card!! They do NOT want you to use your regular bank cards as they would have to supply legitimate routing and account numbers that your bank could be alerted about but Green Dot is an "open" type non-linked card.
    Stay away from these people or any company that wants an "upfront" processing fee!

• Id
    Identity theft Feb 05, 2014

Fraudster using this site to get personal info and call your bank to file disputes on your previous loan payments. Your bank will then take money back from the people you paid and credit your account as they thought you called!! Fraudster calls you and says they gave you credit so you could send money to them from credit to prove you are account holder. The money was not given by them!! Watch out you put your info in this site and it will be stolen!! Account numbers, Social Security numbers, address, all personal info gone and identity theft all you get in return. RUN RUN RUN form this site NOW!!!

• Ki
    kim dove Feb 06, 2014

I also failed victim to this scam, I applied for a loan with e loans and within minutes I was told I was approved for 1500.00 all I had to do was answer a couple of question to complete the application, once the application was approved to secure the loan I would need to send a transfer fee in the amount of 135.00 in order for them to transfer the funds into my bank account when I asked why they don't deduct it from my loan or just deduct right from my account the so called agent (john Paul) went into a long explanation about some federal insurance code. I was suspicious but really needed the loan so I took the 135 out my account and put it on a vanilla reload network prepaid card. I called him and he gave me instructions on how to send him the card codes off the back of the card and said the money should be in my account within 20 minutes. when I checked and no money was there I called him. He told me that their accounting office was having trouble with depositing the money so he transferred me to the so called accounting office then I spoke to someone named Anthony Chance he told me about the trouble they may be experiencing. He in turn told me instead of 1500.00 I was now approved for 2500.00, and now I need to get another vanilla card and this time they would need me to send them 289.85. I knew at this point something was wrong so I went with my gut and sent them nothing and change my bank info

Chkmateto2 Mar 24, 2014

I need someone or maybe 2 of you listed to please contact me via this site. I was the most recent victim and I believe if we band together we can possibly make this Web Site Financial Institution or whatever it is accountable. Please, please, please contact me.

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@Chkmateto2 I have 3 different scams.eloan.money key.and now go bank, and the same India as holas

Chkmateto2 Mar 31, 2014

I was scammed by ELoans and I need each everyone of you who sent money to this company to please contact me on this board. I am starting a Class Action Suit against this company. So far I have gained one other person but I would like more to join in. As I can see this company has been doing this for years. It's time to stop the madness. Those that have been scammed may be too embarrassed to admit they were scammed but the more we come together to stop this the better we will feel.

jasonkennidy Apr 30, 2014

HAhahahah! These lame ### punks just tried to run the scam on me as well. Being that I have been in business for a long time I have never heard of having to send money to a company that is giving you the loan. I told them I'm headed to walgreens right away.. I'll see how far I can drag this out!

Sick as Sep 06, 2019

@jasonkennidy Lmao...I did that same thing then called number.said not a working number, then they called right back.play them good

• Li
    Lisamaya James May 13, 2014

I have been getting calls from an Indian guy for the past month or so for a loan that i have been approved. I repeatedly said that I had not applied for one and no thanks. This day I said to myself let's just check it out and see what they were talking about. So when I said yes, I was instantly passed on to another agent named David Thomas. I was approved for $8000 with 11% with low credit score that is quite reasonable. I went on with the conversation and then they had to pull my credit. The only way I could get the money is to but a payment on eloan verification voucher. I was told that I would get my money back and that He would walk me through the process. I told him I would call him back when I was able to go the 7eleven with the money. After researching and talking to a real estate broker friend, I knew I wasn't going to continue on. The man called me back and asked why I had not called him back. I told him I was not longer interested in the loan. He tried to convince and I spoke firmly no and said goodbye. Moments later an 800 number calls me and another Indian guy claims to be Bank of America and wants to know why $8000 deposit about to drop in my account and then was pulled back. This was the call that I knew 100% they are a scam. I have dealt with BOA for 14 years, and know how they do business and this was not it. So Beware!

katdaddy954 May 29, 2014

I have a similar complaint, I'm now going through the same thing, these Indian guys keep calling me stating that i can receive a10, 000 dollar loan, with a five year pay out of 130.00 dollars a month.And its not just one number they call from, it's a bunch of them ###ers.And the mess of it all is, they somehow know all my information.closing my account.on another note, i was contacted by another group of whatever ethnicity they are, claiming to be attorneys representing American loans/e loans, saying that i defaulted on several loans, and that if i don't pay them$467 dollars that they are gonna call my job and tell them they have a criminal working for them and have me arrested.so don't fall for that one either folks 205 225 3792 will be the number to look for.

• El
    eloan plus May 30, 2014

never get a loan from theses guys they are SCAM ARTISTS I received a call from Scott Davis saying i was approved for a 1, 500.00 loan and i was to 138.00 and of that $138.00 was to be refunded along with the 1500.00 well they claimed there was a problem with the bank and funds will need me to require them sending it via Western Union and they needed me to send an additional 294.19 and would be refunded along with 1500.00 but then we i was about to get the tracking number needed for the wire transfer they i needed to pay an additional 485.00 for taxes for the state of Louisiana to get the last 4 digits to the tracking number so i put a stop and realized I have been scammed should have never sent them money. If you have to send money you are being scammed So I said i am going to report them to BBB and what i received was FU B**CH!!! and click so now what does this tell you SCAMMERS!!! BEWARE 224-353-0374

Mrs. Black Jun 03, 2014

Few years ago I got a call about a loan I applied via E-Loan. Luckily I read an Article about Lending a few days Earlier. It is a federal law that lenders can Not ask borrowers to pay anything upfront. Any reputable financial institution do Not ask anything upfront and fees, terms and Rates are disclosed clearly and before signing. Anybody who fell for this scam need to report this to consumer agency or your Attorney General. I told the guy who called me this and he got rude, cussed me out and said I don't know what I'm talking about. Well I did and reported him come to find out these people work from home somewhere and are out to scam people

• Js
    jswizzle21 Jun 05, 2014

I applied for several payday loans, through various companies and was declined. I received a call 2 days ago from a guy with an indian accent that asked i was still interested in a student loan and I answered yes. He said I wouldnt have to pay anything and he already had all of my information. He told me that he would put the money in my account the next day. So I checked my account the next day and there were 2 ach disputes credited to my account for more than the amount I had requested. He called me back and told me to get moneypak cards and send them the money back and they would correct it and send me the right amount. I sent the money back and he said that my loan would be in my account in 30 mins. This is when I knew it was a scam, I immediately called my bank and they said that someone had made 2 ach disputes on my rent payments for april and may. I informed my bank that it wasnt me and they said they will cancel the disputes and correct everything. I only fell victim to this scam because I was in need of money and wasn't thinking correctly. Please dont fall victim to their scams. If someone offers you a pay day loan and you dont have to sign anything or it doesnt seem legit then it probably isnt

• Dr
    Dre key Jun 06, 2014

Literally just got off the phone with these crooks trying to get my money. First of all I really don't recall signing up for anything however I have been stressing so anything is possible but I digress so I told them that yes I was in need of a $1500 loan this man named Ray, with an Indian accent, went on to tell me that my loan was approved and that I did not have to feel out any paperwork since they already had my information they just deed it be to verify my account number and my routing number the last four of my Social Security number and my date of birth so that they can go ahead and get everything finalized, told me that my monthly installments would be $287, then he went on to say the only thing that I needed to do was to show that I was financially responsible for the $287, so I asked him how would I go about doing that and he told me that I needed to go to the Walgreens and purchase a green dot money pack... At this point in time my spider senses are tingling and I know that this is a scam because once I put that money on the card and I give him the number he can then access the card and remove that money good thing that I was already on the Internet while I was talking to him researching the company that he said he was calling from...be careful out there

• Gr
    grannysclan Jun 06, 2014

We applied for an eloan also for $2, 000. from ELoan. Each time we got an Indian Guy, sometimes his name is Chris Watson other times he goes by Don, lol They wanted $184.00 on a green dot money pak to verify who we were. I refused to do this.
    Don't go thru ELoan for nothing.

Josey78 Jun 12, 2014

They did it too me too!! My god I feel like a total "TOOL" I cannot believe I fell for this, but everything looked so legit, and upstanding. Jesus, what a mess this has caused...Do NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAM ARTISTS. I got the Indian dude too and he was calling from a 330-460-4807 number. If it weren't for my awsome company I would be so screwed right now.

Josey78 Jun 12, 2014

I got scammed...I should've listened to my gut, truly I should have, I want to rip someone's head off and ### down their necks. 160 dollars just POOF gone...then the asshats told me I needed to pay an additional 180 for the taxes, I told them to kiss my ### and I'll be reporting ya'll to every place I can think of...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP!!! I got some indian sounding guy and he was calling from a 330-460-4807 Number... Just don't do it, save yourself, time/money and dignity.

• Br
    bruceleiroy Jun 16, 2014

Everyone is totally right these people are scamming all of us. They now are calling from 661-636-6397. Their new fake website is www.quicklendloans.com
    They contacted me stating I was approved for a $5000 loan then within 10 minutes was telling me that I needed to put $238 on a GreenDot prepaid card. When I told them that this is exactly the same way scam companies rip people out of their money he tried to give m
    e their website name to look them up which isn't even www.eloans.com. I told him I'd do my research and call back. When I called back I told them to stop calling me and that this was a scam. The Indian guy tells me that no one has ever called me and that it isn't a scam. My first response to this is, So if a loan company asks you to load money onto a prepaid card that they want the number to, do you thinking it is a scam?" He responds saying, Yes. At this point all I can do is laugh at this guy. They just called me telling me to do this, I got off the phone with them and within 5min I found out their company was scamming people, so I called back to tell them to never call me again and this guy is literally telling me they are a scam company. Please don't be a victim. Jesus loves us all and will help us find a way. Just pray and have faith, but don't fall victim to the demons of this world. I love and will pray for the world, past, present, and future.

kajunqt Jun 18, 2014

I got scammed as well. I paid the first 195 as my "first" payment and then was told to pay an additional 250 for taxes. That's when I realized it was a scam. But it was too late man I wish I had done more research at least it was just 195 could have been worst. The are using 3 different phone numbers. I wish I would have kept them to post. Beware leave e-loan ALONE!

• La
    Lauraathome Jun 18, 2014

This guy named Eric Johnson from E-loans kept calling my land line looking for a random woman. After entirely too many voice mails and missed calls, I finally was home to answer the phone. When I asked Eric to stop calling this number, he asked for my name. I gave him my last name, but refused to give him my first. He then asked me to do him a favor at which point he asked me to suck his dick. I told him to F off and hung up. "Eric" immediately called back and I (mistakenly) answered thinking I could talk to a supervisor. He repeated his request and then told me I sounded sexy. At that point I hung up but he kept calling me; 6 times in a 3 minute period. I can only hope some form of karma exists for people like that.

• Tr
    Troy DeHassian Jun 25, 2014

I too was taken in by this. I had to pay $927.00 in fees to get a loan for $1500.00. Well, the money never appeared (surprise) and someone just called me to tell me they would refund the $927.00. All i had to do was go to a western union and pay MORE fees to have the money. I told him to go f*ck himself and hung up. These people are unscrupulous, do not fall for it. I may be out $927.00 today, and will never see it again but they will never get a dime from me. Please don't fall for it.

• Lb
    LBWalker Jun 26, 2014

Eloan is wrong. They have to be hacking their website. Also, when they told.me I had to send them an additional $500 over and above the $240 i had sent because the FTC had red flagged my acct at bank..' Rep called me an idiot and stupid when I questioned him. He gave me a number in Dallas, TX to confirm with FTC. Yes, they confirmed but was fraudulent number. I called FTC, Washington DC and filed a complaint. Everyone needs to file one. 1-877-382-4357 .
    Also, they are hacking Green Dot website number. I called and they said rhey knew it was a fraud and would refund my money if I bought another card for $240 and called them with tht number they would deposit another $240 to card. I told them I didn't think I was talking to Green Dot and the Indian sounding hollered at me.

Tomorrow I will file a complaint to VA and TX attorneys general. Will contact Dallas TX police and also call newspapers and TV stations in Dallas.

They are using 3 phone numbers out of Dallas.
    214-628-2638, 972-220-9125 (Haley Watson answers and says This is Haley Warson and sometimes answers Tis es Eloan, ow may I help you. A;so, 214-628-6960 answereng FTC Dallas TX.

Please, please do as I am. With enough formal complaints somebody will have to notice.

I I

NotafoolforYou Jun 27, 2014

This is a scam. I have been asked to pay $100 for unsecured loan insurance. Not to my surprise, there was a problem with sending the money. But they can send it via Western Union, just have to pay the fees... Well I did get a letter stating that the fees need to be paid before the money is sent.. and that there are taxes and fees to WU... well I have used WU before and its not that high of a fee to send money. I have a letter of from them... but wouldn't you know it.. its from a gmail.com account.. WOW

Yes, I will be calling Greendot to find out why they let their card used for fraud. I will never use one ever again.

And yes, I have the 214-628-6960 number but it is to a James Martin.. and no, that is not his real name.

• Na
    N Awan Jul 04, 2014

I was also scam by this person with a strong accent, that kept on calling me to tell that I was approve for a 3000 loan, I needed the money, to pay on my bills and to fix my car that I needed to get work. So I did what he wanted me to do was to go get a green dot moneypak for $138 this person was on the phone with me to make sure I was doing everything right. Then I was told the money would be in my account in 25 mins, when I called my bank no money, so I called the person back at (404) 248-7038, He told me that the money was in my account. I called my bank again their was no money, by this time I was upset so I called this person again he tells that there was a red flag on my account that if I want the money I needed to get another green dot moneypak for $190 I paid it, when I check my bank again still no money. My gut was telling by now something is not right so I check on Eloan website again and that is when I found out that I got scam, now I have to go and change my account at my bank to make sure everything is safe, lesson learned.

• Ba
    babynug Jul 25, 2014

Just got of the phone with them and like many of you said they are scammers. I was suprized when he told me that I needed to go to the home depot to wire 75.00 dollars to receive 5, 000. Glad I came here and looked at what all of you are saying.

jackieblue62 Jul 25, 2014

I was just on the phone with Mr Brian Spillman ( real indian name) he said
    "oh no mame no upfront fees, we just need you to get a vanilla voucher and give us that to "show" you are serious and can pay at least the first payment, .then we dont take the money -you can use the money on the the vanilla card for shopping or whatever.
    Great there goes my $2000 loan, I am not giving him any vanilla card number or anything down.
    Forget it I cannot afford to loose money to these crooks.

jackieblue62 Jul 25, 2014

Wow
    Does anyone know if these people are getting our checking account numbers from eloan or other sources?
    I didnt give them my bank info, because I said I wanted to use Western Union, but now I am concerned they may have my bank info from some online application I may have filled out.
    How can I know, call my bank and ask them if anything has transpired?
    This sucks, people need help and idiots are trying to take money we dont even have!

• Bo
    Bonni eicher Jul 30, 2014

Hello.many thanks to all you folks for the heads up! I have been contacted by all sorts of folks(all had india accents)Now I will call them back and mess with their heads for a while.I have the tome and I hate any kind of scam that takes peoples hard earned cash.wish me luck, this is gonna be fun.

• Ke
    Keith Hutchinson Aug 03, 2014

This guy named Scott Bradley with an Indian accent keeps calling me from (512)512-7748. Each time he calls me, he tells me I'm approved for a different amount, $3, 000, 5, 000 and 6, 000. He tells me to get a money pak card from Wal-mart or CVS, I stopped him and I told him that I know longer need a loan because I already have one from Speedy Cash.He got angry and kept asking me what was the terms of the loan and the interest they are charging me, I told him that was none of his business. Needless to say, I hung up on him but he kept calling me, so I kindly put his ### on call block. Please be careful with your personal information, and don't go through these loan referral agencies to get a loan.

• Rc
    RChristian Aug 04, 2014

Wow, thank you all for great detailed information about this scam. I just had the worst business day ever, these folks are relentless in their pursuit to get your money...money that you don't already have or you probably wouldn't need a loan for any amount. I applied for a loan through the website and I have gotten more than 150 calls in 3 days offering me an "Approved" loan, even approvals for 10 times the amount I was seeking. I am so irritated with these guys calling every few minutes or so and leaving messages. My last name is a common name and not very hard to pronouce, but they are asking for Mr. (first name) like true call center representatives speak like that. In this one conversation to send the money through Green Dot, the guy says "so when you are going to the CVS or 7-11 to send the money", I said I don't know in the next few minutes I guess and he said "call me back when you get done with scratching the code on the back of the money pak", so I said okay. What raised the biggest red flag for me was, not sending the money in about 30 minutes prompted him to call me back and say, "Mr. R******** have you deposited the money yet" and I know you fraud and don't ever call my phone again...and the guy just chuckled like it was cool that he been caught. I immediately got online to check them out and here I am. So, thanks again for all your post and information, hopefully helps someone out too.

• Ni
    Nicetryjackass Aug 11, 2014

972-220-9125... Called me today, I told him to stop calling or I would report him and he just laughed. I was getting calls last week from a different number sounded like the same guy!! Douche bag!

Angry Texan Woman Aug 23, 2014

Advance Fee Loans

The advance fee loan scam is a simple one. In the United States, per Federal law it is illegal for any business to request up front fees for loans. These fees are often referred to by a host of different names, such as taxes, processing fees, insurance, or collateral. Regardless of what they are called, these fees are illegal. The Chicago BBB is aware of many victims of this scam paying their requested advance fee to the scammer. However to date the Chicago and Northern Illinois BBB does not know of a single circumstance where 1) consumers have received their loan, or 2) consumers received their advance fee refunded back to them.
    This is what the BBB had on their page as an alert.

• As
    asphaltkid Sep 12, 2014

This man named Sam Johnson from E Loan company had me to go get a greendot money pak and put $60 on the card and call him and i did not get a loan from them ... they are a scam. when i came home. i called and he said because of low credit score iwould have to pay $200 before iwould get the loan. they did not mention anything about the credit score before putting the money on the green dot card..

• Ci
    cindi judgearnone hayes Oct 04, 2014

I got two emails in September. The both were contracts for me to sign regarding a loan they said I asked for. Then I started getting phone calls in the morning around 6:30 a.m. The first I answered I was very rude and told him that I never applied nor asked for any loan. Then I kept yelling at him asking if he knew what time it was. He didn't. I didn't think he was Indian. I thought he sounded more Oriental than anything. The name on the contracts was Chris Watson with a telephone number in New York. 315-307-7811, extention 786. The other name was Jason Scott at a number in Washington state, 206-259-6588. He kept telling not to call the number in New York because they were having problems with it. So he gave me the Washington's number. My story is pretty much like the others. Only he told to Money Gram my money to a Shurline Robinson in the "state" of Portland, Jaimaca. Thank God it didn't go through. Even though I knew better and know better, I still somehow got sucked in and gave them very vital and important information. My bank had to change all of my personal info. and order up EVERYTHING. If I hadn't called them regarding a question about ELOAN I would be in serious ### right now. The more I talked the more the reps. ears perked up and a red flag came out. I'm so embarrassed I was so gullible thinking this was a legitiment business venture. Even though I kept hearing a tiny voice in my head telling me NO, it's a SCAM I still went with it. I don't know how these people got my email, home telephone number, my birthday, my home address, etc, I feel so violated. I'm making out a police report on Monday. THEY WILL BE SORRY THAT THEY MESSED WITH ME. As God is my witness.

• Ci
    cindi judgearnone hayes Oct 04, 2014

I forgot one more thing. They wanted me to open up a Money Gram and a Western Union account.

• Ly
    lynedee Oct 13, 2014

There are alot of
    online payday loans out there, so please beware. If someone calls you with a foreign accent, then ask them what is is the loan institution name and where are they located( make sure you are writing down what they are telliNg you). Either they will hang up or babal over there words and repeat something that they have already said. please take note that this a good indication that it's a scam. Now, do your research on the institution in which the fake representative told you, and guess what? You will find yourself doing what I'm doing after coming to a site like this

• As
    Ascamvictim Nov 12, 2014

I got scammed by E-Loan who was called Steven Johnson from phone #214-884-5025 (Dallas, TX ) he said I was approved for $5, 000.00 but I have to pay the insurance $210.00 with green dot moneypak card which I have to get it from rite aid, ok I did that he said will transfer the money in 2 hours, then he call again that they won't be able to transfer because my bank was block, they have to clear that and I have to pay for another$300.00. and I did the same thing with moneypak, after that he called again said that because of my credit was poor I have to send them $350, 00. I just don't realize because to excited to get the loan. I ask him if I paid the 350 what else I have to pay, he said it will be it. The next day he said I have to pay another $450, 00 because I did not pay the taxes, I said I always paid my taxes. And I said just cancel that then. He said if you cancel you did not get back your money, if you pay 450 you will get back $5, 860.00 back. I said I don't have money to pay anymore, I told him I'm trying to get money but I have to lose money now. He keep calling to get that money, then the next day I called him back just want to make sure what else I have to pay to get the loan, he said nothing. Ok I buy another moneypak and call him to give the number, and he said no value on that card, I said I just bought it and I have the receipt and he was screaming and told me that I was joking. And I told him that he scam n fraud me it is and this company is fake. Now I have nothing left even for rent, not again!!

• Wi
    willett,carla34 Nov 14, 2014

I paid for a loan and they kept my money and i got ripped off

• Bi
    bigdraiders Dec 04, 2014

Hi, Thank god I checked these guys before further damage, I got call from a james cooper Said i would be approve for 8, 000 dollars, but first before i get my into my account, i had to make an installment loan of 183.18. I was told to go to CVS and get a vanilla reload nation card, once i read the code to the accountant he told me that the balance was 0 and i had to back to CVS and do it again, that caought the red flag right there, i told i'm not going to do it and that's it, the number was in (716) area code, now i got a call from a (206) area code, i got called to see if i had redo the installment and i told no i wasn't going to do it because im tired of getting the run around, then the accountant said he would go ahead and put my 8, ooo plus the installment fee into my account give it 45 minutes one hour and half go by and still no money, james calls back and tells me he called my bank and he's telling that i have to a 200 service fee before my banks releases it, so i decided to check these guys before he went further with out money Thank You

• Dc
    d.cuevas Jan 03, 2015

Hay it's Danny. Part 2. So you find your self looking for a job yesterday I told you about not doing that because that's how the scam start. This part is about servay don't sign up.its just a way for them to get more info out of you in use in inboxdollor as one of them sites come on now you a site that is making other servay sites is crazy that get money use in its sites bet that key work affiliate and the other ones pay more look just don't do it so step one don't use any job finder sites. Step to don't get on any servays . And I know a lot of people are thinking that was just like me. I know

• Dc
    d.cuevas Jan 04, 2015

Danny Part 3. So your looking for a job and you find your self doing servays for cash this is how thay get a hold on you publishers clearinghouse is the hosting site that let's all this go down. Affiliate is just a word all of them make money off use it's a world scam I'll give you the tools you need to fight back and put a stop to them . Pch never pays out for ### ya you'll get some bull ### out of it things you don't need and if you do win they would stop and no end to make sure you don't get paid. All the eloan. Sites are backed up by metal bank mutual lender something you need to know about metal bank is that that's the top dog in all of this our police system are metal security The same company as Metal bank us the taxpayers are paying back the money they lost

• Do
    Dolores Hamilton Jan 11, 2015

I, like most, applied online for a payday loan. Among others E-Loan contacted me stating that they were able to approve my loan if i followed 2 easy steps. I was asked to show good faith and prove i could repay my installment on the loan by obtaining a vanilla reload card or green dot card from a local retailer and placing $300.00 on the card. I did so while still on the phone with funds manager Anby Hunt. Upon returning home from Walgreen's i received a call from E-Loan representative, John Smith and his supposed supervisor said I was supposed to purchased another card that same day for $280.18. I didn't do so because Anby Hunt told me that my bank told him that he needed to pay a wire transfer fee in the amount of $280.18 I said to Mr. Hunt that I wouldn't pay the fees either plus (the cards fees are $4.95 each) I then received a suspicious call from someone with the same accent as the suppose funds manager claiming to be from my banks headquarters and that in order for the money to be wired or transferred from their bank account to mine i had to get a green dot card this time and put $280.18 on it and then I’d receive my money. So at that point i grew increasingly suspicious and asked for a 3 way call with the bank for verification before i sent anything else and the rep disagreed to do so. Then I asked Mr. Anby Hunt to return my $300.00 when I found out through the vanilla reload card company that my money was transferred to another card. So I contacted E Loan via the number provided me by Mr. Hunt . The number is (646) 657-3571 extension 169 or customer care (917) 310-6154. I was told by Mr. Hunt that I was stupid because I said his company E Loan was a scramming me as well as others. Mr. Hunt assured me that the company was a solid reputable company and would never do that. I tried to contact Mr. Hunt but it went to voice mail so I left a message and a couple of days later I
    received a call from Jerry Bryer or Jerry Rider saying that if i provided them the $280.18 then the $5000.00 would be put into my account. But I only wanted $3000.00 so they kept telling me that my bank was still holding the $3000.00 plus my $300.00 cash so now it's total THREE THOUSAND & THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS (3, 300.00). Once they were through processing the loan it would only take 45 minutes to reflect the transfer to my account. I was told that Mr. Hunt will not be available for three weeks when i called the number they provided from my cell phone i got the same people, but when calling from a land-line phone the same number contacted a woman in another state who’s number was different from what i dialed. Now they stop calling or answering the phone.

• Mi
    mizzhollywood Jan 22, 2015

These people called me claiming that I had applied for a loan through them. After I read these, I called the number back. First he asked me how old I was. And when I asked why needed my age, he was rude about it. And then when I asked if it was true that there is a fee that has to be paid, he said yes. So I asked why there is a fee when it defeats the purpose of getting a loan. Not too surprisingly, he hung up on me. Don't fall for this. If you are getting a loan, there is no need to pay money up front. You're asking for the loan, because you need the money. Why would you pay money to get money. This is a scam that should be reported to the federal government.

• Mi
    Miasma Jan 28, 2015

They are the biggest SCAM!!!

They called me saying that I been approver for a loan for $5, 000.00. So I told them ill call them today. The same night they call me I dice to look them u on the wed. I read that they ask for cash first and to buy a greed dolt card. So I call the next moaning and to play along what they were saying. They ask if I had 150.00 dollars then they ask me if I had 4.94 I said yes. They said to call them back with the bared code. I toad the guy I was talking to over the phone I had a question. He said what the question I said yall need to find a real job and stop rassing people who work hard for there money. Also I start to cusses the guy out he hugen up the phone. My daughter came to the room to ask what happen I told here they were a scam. So my daughter called them a ask if the were a real lone company they said yes you a**hole. She said if yall are why are yall asking for money them if we want a loan to get money. They said for they know we can pay. Then she said I going to report you to the BBA then they hugen up on my daughter. So if some one call you saying you can get a loan of $5, 000.00 it a lie, DONT DO WHAT THEY SAY!!!

• Sw
    sweetpeasmom Apr 06, 2015

I wanted to thank everyone for posting things like this. I received a text message from e-loan stating that I was approved for a loan up to 5, 000.00 everything in my gut was telling me not to go with it. I called asked a few questions and then told them I would think about it. Decided to pull up the website before I did anything and all theses comments came up. Thank you so much for all the assistance, again it sucks that people will pray on those that are in need, but it nice to know that we are all looking out for each other in some way or another!!

• Ot
    otherpatrick May 29, 2015

Well, I talked to Mark Bell ...yeah right ... ok, maybe "Mark", with the VERY HEAVY INDIA ACCENT, was the object of Bruce Springsteen's hit: "Born in the U.S.A." ...but I seriously doubt it!!! Mark approved me for $8000 immediately and wanted all my info. He said the money could be in my account by tomorrow. I believe, at that time, the Holy Spirit of God came over me and riled up within me a HUGE red flag. I asked "Mark" how he could just whip $8000 into my account without collateral or many questions. He said that they would need proof that I could pay them back. At that point, i told him that I was very uncomfortable with this transaction and that I wanted to visit their web site before finishing what we started. He then told me that if I didn't want to give my bank account information to them at this point, that he would send me over "to accounting" and they would cut me a cashier's check instead. I still thought that something was fishy. I hung up. When I got into work, I googled "customer reviews on eloan.com". One link took me here. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! I truly feel horrible for all of you that did get ripped off. This place sounds VERY legit! I sure hope they get caught and prosecuted to the fullest! Patrick Austin Alhambra, IL

• Te
    TEESEE Jun 03, 2015

ELOAN is a scam. Received a text from 315-215-1448 stating my loan had been approved for $8000. II called the number back and the guy said I was approved for $8000 -- 300 a month for 36 months. I would have $8000 transferred in my account with 20 minutes after I sent a money gram of $150.00. I told him I would first need to verify that this company is legit. I also texted the same information to the phone number. I have not heard back anyone. My only mistake I did give my account number to this person over the phone before he asked me to send a moneygram.

• Ed
    Edmund carter Jun 13, 2015

Guys How Can you Be So Fool That you pay the money over the phone.
    you Know that they are indians More over you can Clearly Hear there Lol Accent.

• Am
    a mad person Jun 24, 2015

i got a call from a guy names david foster from eloan so he said and i was approved for a 5000 loan but i didnt have to send him no money. i was in need of a loan so i listened to him and it sounded good he said my payments would only be $70.96 a month for 24 months and i said it sounded good and asked me some question the he asked me about my bank account so i gave him the info cause i had applied on eloan.com so after that he was like well your fica score was 525 and it needed to be 530 to get the money but he was going to send me a small loan and i would have to go to the bank with my id and take the money out and send it back to him and that would make my score go up 5 points then he would send me the $1500 loan i said ok taken he said i will call you back in a hour with the info i said ok then the next thing i know my bank is calling me saying they had someone on the phone saying they where me and was trying to make a claim on my account saying someone took some money out without me saying yes to it so they called the number they had on file for me to check i gave him my card number to prove it was me and he said ok now im going to put you on the call with me and them adn when he did he said im back miss h and she said ok and he tole her he had the real miss h on the phone and said witch one is the real one i said i am and she hung up so he make a note on my account and im going in tomorrow to close it out and open a new one they where trying to say my car lot took my money without me saying yes to it i have had my car for 2 years now and i paying it every month so i cant believe the nerve of some people and the number they called me from was 1-845-445-3713 so please beware of these people

• Ns
    N small Jun 30, 2015

I received a text stating I was approved for a loan of up to 7k. I was a bit excited but skeptical. I called the number provided and spoke to caller with Indian accent stated his name was Alex Cooper. We started talking I addled a few questions it all sounded good at first. I was with it. He said I would have to seems 150 as a security deposit on the 7k which he then said I would get back with money this was on Friday 6 26 15. After talking for a bit we were done n he informed me the money would be in amount by 12 am that night sat morning. And this was at around 4 something in evening. Saturday came no funds and no one available on the weekends. Called 6 29 15 and he said oh I'm sorry I forget to tell y thatu have to purchase insurance of 178 dollars in like what in the hell. So I told him ok call back tomorrow. Started investigating and found some flaws. First time we spoke he said he was from lending club then it's eloan raised some flags. Asked for companies address he gave me this 9600 brianmawr Rosemont ill. 60018. Ok Then I went to eloan website found the address but also a number. called the number n they said they are eloan and that they don't do loans any more not since 2008 I was in amazement n shocked. So icalled back this Alex Cooper n tried to place him on a 3 way call with eloan n he hung up SCAM don't trust these Indian ppl calling. Nothing against Indian love all races. +18478864552, +1 847-457-4922, (+18155070107 number txt came from) +13155064683) watch out for these numbers don't get caught lost 150 bit luckily that was it.

• Ei
    Eileen Wall Jul 24, 2015

As of July 25 E L is offering a very high five year CD at 2.31%. The penalty to close is 720 days at 2.31 simple interest.
    Plus, the funds can only be returned to the back account drawn from. If you do close the account that funded the CD you must provided 60 day notice. For example, if you close your checking account and you did not provided the 60 day notice they will automatically renew your funds for 60 months. They will not send you a check. Great rate for today, however, high risk on having your funds returned.

• Na
    NanaAma Oct 07, 2015

Thank you all for posting about this company. They sent me an email on a"letterhead" that I was approved for $5000. They had all my info since I did try to apply for assistance online. The guy was Indian with a Caucasian first and last name. He kept placing me on hold and and kept saying "congratulations ok". He then told he had to transfer me to his manager to process my assistance which could be deposited within an hour. His " manager" was finishing another call so he would call me back. He called back and stated that they are a real company and they know there are a lot of scams but they are not part of it. The manager came on the phone to verify info and also told me what a legit company they were. After a minute I was transfered back to original rep. Who then told me my credit score is low so I would need to transfer $150 which would be refunded. I then said take your $150 from the assistance. I was told that the fee was to verify my identity. I then told him that I would not send any money and that you do not pay to get a assistance. If he wanted that $150 then we cannot do business. He hung up on me. Ha ha ha. It's amazing how many people they have taken hard earned money from.

• Kr
    KR777 Jan 29, 2016

I applied for an online advance. I started getting emails about receiving 2000$ in my bank account and paying 91.25 a month for 24 months. Sounded good to me. So they told me to deposit a check into my account and then pull the money out and moneygram them the money. I WISH I WOULD HAVE RESEARCHED BEFORE I DID THIS!!! I moneygram the money to someone named Carl Tutt in Toledo, OH. I should of known not to, but with the promise of $2000 i went against my better judgement. NOW, i have received a nasty text message with all types of foul language and my checking account is being closed because of this whole thing. On top of everything else, I am short on rent money that they made me have to pay because their check was returned. I don't know what i am going to do, all i do know is that GOD sees all things.!! HE has the best revenge!!! PRAISE THE LORD for the trials and tribulations we go thru in this life.!!

• Ra
    Rachel0677 Mar 25, 2016

Well I wish we would have seen all these posts yesterday, we too have been taken by this scam! We were approved for a $6000 loan from online but needed to pay by Western Union $210 for Insurance, once we did that the money was supposed to be posted in our account. Well the money was not posted in our account so we called Hayley Watson @ 864 810 8058 and she said we needed to send $320 more and it would be released. After investigating all of this we found these comments and my husband called the actual Advance America home office and they confirmed this is a scam. Hayley Watson had us send a money order to Jessica Rivera in TX for the $210 and then wanted us to send a money order to Jeremy Jones in TX for $320. After my husband talked to Hayley again to let her know they have been turned in she hung up on him. Please do not fall for this scam. We sent them the $210 only because we were desperate, my husband has been off work for a while and was trying to get caught up on bills and now this!!! DO NOT SEND MONEY!!!

• Vd
    V Diaz May 18, 2016

I have been dealing with this same issue. First I get a call from an Indian dude stating I was approved for a loan from $3000-$10, 000 and as he ask me questions I answered them. He asked for the last 4 digits to my SS# which I gave then he asked for my account and how long I had it opened for. He then asked for my routing number and account number stating that I would receive the cash but after review asked for my SS# and came back stating that due to my score they had red flagged and would need for me to receive $2000 from them then turn around next day and send through money gram. He stated I would need to go to wal mart in the AM and they would call me to give me the info of where to send. Once I sent back then the red flag would be lifted and they would deposit $10, 000 into my account. I asked about paper work and what I had to sign so the emailed me the paper work showing what was the term of my note and when I would be scheduled for my payment. They never asked me to send that contract back. I gave them my SS#, acct#, routing#, bank login and PW. After reflecting I realized this does not sound right at all. I have called my bank and reported the fraud and they have advised to close my account and reopen a new one. I logged into my online acct and changed my password. But they now have my SS# and I hope that they will not use my acct since I still have money to use it for anything until I can go in the AM to close the acct out.

• Fr
    frangogg30 Jun 18, 2016

E loan... i was almost scammed. I was pre approved for $3000. The approval came through text message from # 786 384 7245. Same deal as all the above same indian rep, this time his name was eric. He stated he needed my bank username and password to verify my acct before deposit. BIG RED FLAG!!! He then asked me to deposit 300 into my acct so they could withdraw and then they would deposit my funds. I said " hell no" im reporting you. He then told me to take my report and shove it up my p***y... WTH!!! i hung up and he then proceeded to harass me through text message. I have them saved just somebody tell me where to send them.

• Kh
    Khloek Jul 09, 2016

I was just dealing with this company today.. They are torts SCAM Artist. They said they where gonna transfer money to me and I was to withdraw it and send it back to them. When that happened I started asking questions like the company info. They put a fake check in my account when I said I wasn't going to deal with the company I blocked them and then they had the nerve to have a fake police officer who doesn't know what part of North Carolina he works in sent me an email saying I was gonna go to jail and sent a fake warrant that was made is a word processor!

• Pa
    Pamela Malu Aug 16, 2016

I applied for an Eloan. Indian speaking guy said I was approved for 3000 and pymts would be 150 x24. He had all my personal information, even banking info. He advised me that I need to give him my online banking user name n password to my bank account which he already had routing number n checking account number. I refused he said the reason was so they could have proof they deposited the money into my account since everything was done electronically. I refused again. After numourous times telling him I didn't feel comfortable giving my online info he finally said ok and we hung up. I'm sorry but if your making a deposit to another account there is a paper trail. NO WAY was I giving him my online access!!!

• Ro
    Rod N. York Sep 15, 2016

They have UPGRADED their techniques. They now ask you for your online banking credentials so that they can do a check deposit from a cell phone. Whatever you do, don't give them your online banking credentials. Because if you do, they're going to deposit a check into your account using a mobile phone and ask you to send the money back to them. They tell you don't login until 6am and to call them back at 7:30am. When you login you will see $1800 in your account. When you call back they will give you instructions to wire the money back to them from a walmart or western union and to use your debit card to wire the money. BUT although the funds are available in your account, the check still hasn't cleared with the issuing bank. That can take up to 3 days or more. The check is going to bounce and your bank is going to debit you -$1800. You basically sent them 1800 of your own money because you have to pay your bank back for the bounced check. Basically, if anybody tells you to send them money for a loan, it's a scam. If they ask you for your bank credentials, it's a scam. If they don't follow Truth In Lending Act laws by disclosing to you all of the credit terms in writing and have you sign a contract, then it's a scam. And if you're speaking to an Indian guy with a white name, such as Peter Wallace, it's a scam. Sorry but it's true.

• Fo
    fortch706 Jul 19, 2017

E loan inc. is a total scam.in my case they deposited the funds into my checking account. it took 3 days for the funds to become available and the check still bounced. if it sounds to good to be true it is. e loan inc is a total scam! be careful they deposit the funds to get access to your account, then they steal the little money you do have.

maflague Aug 01, 2017

They just called me and told me I was approved for 3000 and wanted me to go to closest walmart and get a 200.00 money gram and send it to them. I told them I wasn't comfortable and hung up and came online as I had a feeling it was a bad deal. some of these posts are dated back quite a few years and they are still doing it. i'm surprised they have got by with it this long.

• Sc
    Screwedoutofmyhouse Dec 02, 2017

$185 was my loan in 2011 from "the danner brothers" jeff and robert in the late 70's their father bobby started the processes that have revolutionized disinfection and sanitation practices around the globe. this multi million factories is named bio-cide located at 2650 venture dr, norman, ok 73069. I befriended "the danner brothers" a short time ago in 2011 when robert (established real estate broker working for remax in las vegas) he was experiencing a nasty divorce just as I was. we seemed to be treading in the same waters due to my ex back in connecticut. robert informed me of his brother jeff who lived in norman, ok and would be willing to "hold the paper" on the house of my choice for 7 years once I found my future home 620 kenny way. since robert was the real estate broker and jeff was the money man this was a matched made in heaven. jeff had capital very rich man

Jeff why can't you keep your word?? why do some people never live up to a commitment?? this is referring to my house. remember that day in 2011 when both jeff and robert said during our hand shake "congratuluations" "you have made a great purchase". considering the signed agreement was $185k in 2011. house is worth $340k in 2017. i’ve paid 175k but jeff wants another 297k. i’m gathering all facts in order for my full story to be seen/ heard by all.

• Ho
    hopejoy1 Feb 02, 2018

Hello everyone I just got my loan of $25000 to start up my business and also pay for my childs school fees from [email protected] without stress and in less than 24hours I will also advice everyone out there to contact them now at [email protected] to also get their loan within 24hrs.

mrive May 21, 2018

Has anyone filed criminal charges against these people if you can you advise me of details.. thank you

• Su
    Sugar La Jun 26, 2018

I read plenty of reviews with this company. I was pre approved for an amount that’s pretty huge. The interest rate I got wasn’t horrible compared to avant. Avant- is quicker but Eloan was legit. I read reviews saying it’s all scams. No, they took about 4 days to review my loan application. They did send some emails about signing and boom. I was approved. I’ll keep an update on what next happens but so far they are very friendly. Very well spoken in English and no up front fees. Just be cautious and only call the number on the actual site. I didn’t get any scam calls. No I am not getting paid to write this review. I’m just saying to those who are afraid to try them out, they worked for me. No upfront fees too like avant

• Su
    Sugar La Jun 26, 2018

@Sugar La Also took less than 24 hours to come in. Avant took 5 days

• Pi
    Pierre H. Jul 17, 2018

I have this number where I spoke with an indian guy named james cooper 872-588-4895. he said, I was approved for a $5, 000 loan with a repayment of $152/mo. says, he’ll deposit between $850-$1, 000 in my bank account and all I have to do was take that money out and send it back to him thru moneygram, greendot, etc. and then i’ll receive my $5, 000. definitely a scam if I have to send money to you. now, he hasn’t said anything about me sending any personal checks or any of my money to him. I don’t have any money in my account for him to steal anyway. but, none the less, this whole thing is still kind of sketchy.

• Va
    Vaheleo Aug 30, 2018

Guys if you need small amounts of money fast try uber seriously, I am an full time uber driver and you can make easily 200$ a day if you drive full and pay some bills. also there is a starter bonus for referrer (me) and referral that you have to complete 75 trips (usually);
    If you use my referral I will be more than happy and also ask me if you have any questions for ubering
    Https://partners.uber.com/i/8b36e

• Et
    Ethan Tan Ee Wey Sep 02, 2018

Hi skout :

My account in skout was blocked, please help me to unblock and I would like to know what reason was to block my account, thanks

Ethan Tan Ee Wey
    Log in email : [email protected]

• Wa
    Wasn't got Sep 12, 2018

A guy from eloan contacted me as well his name was thomas cook he called me from 3124737970 and a 4155061341 but they didn't get any money from me, as soon as I got off the phone with him I pulled up this website. be also sent me a text message which I still have, I was approved for a 7000 dollar loan.

• Ba
    Bambipeaches Oct 15, 2018

Plz don't fall for these scammers like I did. they pray on people who need help desperately and will leave your account negative!!... how do they sleep at night??? prosecution pending!!!

• Ta
    TAYLORP Oct 19, 2018

Call came from a majic jack number: 210-272-9065 person identifies himself as eloan loan representative calling to confirm information I had provided on my eloan application online. he had my drivers license number, he had my ssn he had all the information I had put on my eloan application. I have immediately contacted the usa federal trade commission,.. after telling the caller I would not download his application and that everything I do must have a papertrail. I requested documents emailed that my attorney could look at prior to signing anything.
    The telephone number for the federal trade commission is: 800-274-5696. do not send anyone any money. do not sign anything without talking to a lawyer to confirm its legit.

• Ki
    Kirk110218 Nov 02, 2018

I got a spam text from e-loan finance Alex Martin. Posting here so google search will pick up the phone numbers and lead someone here before they get scammed.
    text came from 262-726-1145 and asked to call them back at 773-312-9094
    After reading the stuff posted here you should not talk to these people.

• Ar
    Arnm2004 Dec 21, 2018

This people waist your time asking for so many things, after applying for a loan and giving them all they asked me they couldn't go foward with the application because the time expired. wtf! really when I gave them all the documents and with really excellent credit score in time, now they said you have to reapply for the loan. my opinion, if eloan is going to ask you for so many information your timeframe should be a month, that way you can verify all the documents and information to make a better decision,.. 7 days, really! and the big thing that get me irritated it's that they keep your secure information from the person who apply. you are a fraud... simple.

• Ju
    June Luider Feb 25, 2019

They told me I was approved for a loan & now thanks to the scammers my bank got scammed out of over $4000.00.

Mrdand Mar 25, 2019

This company tested me with a approval for $5000 at $153.00 a month for r6 months, they also specified that no extra fees or hidden charges. Also, if I never filled out an app for Eloan and the company I did apply said that my personal info was encrypted 128-bit and that's a lie.

Than you
    Daniel Davis

Letha Carder May 29, 2019

@Mrdand We should get together with others and file a class action law suit against them . Because there info gets hacked and breached and our information gets taken by real scammers

Letha Carder May 29, 2019

We should all get together and file a class action lawsuit against the real company Eloans because their systems have been breached and hacked and your real information is out there when I declined the loan I was sent a nasty text message and harassed severely. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] subject line Eloans class action suit.

The number they called from is an Orlando number 4076157694

• Bs
    BShepardOrtiz Jul 24, 2019

I received a Mail Delivery System re Undeliverable Mail. Host: [email protected]

I did not submit a request for any information.

Someone is using my email, name to request this information.

I have filed ID theft reports.

Advise where you received the name: barbara ortiz, [email protected]

maddison ashraf Jan 25, 2020

Hi, heard about The Recovery Firm, they specializes in assets and funds recovery. Came across them when my company has issues with our binary options and we almost lost millions in dollars to fake brokers. The Recovery Firm uses distinctive strategies to help recover funds with no legal issues, this has been experienced bcos as the Financial Manager of my company, I had to work closely with The Recovery Firm. They also provide services that involves forex and crypto trading, dating scams also investment management and guides.
    100% professionalism is their virtue. Contact fightingscams at AOL dot com .

• Mo
    mongan lee Feb 27, 2020

Hello everyone, I'm super excited today. I saw comments from people who had already received a loan from [email protected] and then I decided to sign up based on their recommendations. A few hours ago, I confirmed a total of 10, 000 euros that I had requested from my own bankaccount. This is really great news, and I advise anyone who needs a real loan to submit an application via email: [email protected] or whatsapp her on +79267494861.