eHarmonyautomatic subscription renewal

L

I have been charged an automatic subscription renewal fee by eHarmony.
I feel that although this is stated in the company terms and conditions, that this process is not clear to the time of initial subscription.
Insufficient and unclear consumer information is provided at the time of agreement to te terms and conditions.
At the companies privacy policy states that they will not process a translation unless it has been authorised.
At no stage did I receive any notification or authorisation request for my bank account To be charged on a specific date, amount, or time which has now resulted in account fees from my bank.
I have lodged a complaint with the company directly, but feel that little is being done to correct the issue.
Looking at all of the previous complaints on this site further enforces the fact that this company needs to be brought to the attention of authorities, and legal action should be persued.

• Li
    Lilmissy Nov 14, 2014

Same thing happened to me. I had no idea that they continued to charge my credit card for. a service I wasn't even using. I sent emails to them and they never replied. I didn't receive anything from them to say that my subscription was being renewed. I found the amount on bank statement. Plus they won't refund the amount- even though I want to cancel the service. Waste of money. Waste of time. I hope they get the bad publicity they deserve.