Menu

reviews & complaints

Ecsi Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Ecsi, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ecsi has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ecsi. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Ecsi complaints 9

Sort by:

Newest Ecsi reviews & complaints

J
4:40 pm EDT

Ecsi Excelsior college

I'm trying to resolve my Nursing Faculty Loan through Excelsior college and their "counsel" is finally sending me out a letter - which they refuse to email to me. I am so sorry that I ever took out a Nursing Faculty Loan - I declared Bankruptcy in 2017 and the Nursing Faculty Loan was part of the bankruptcy proceedings, but Excelsior still refuses to see this. I have to hire an attorney to try and deal with all of this - I am more then willing to pay the loan off, but they won't accept my one year of teaching to take off 20% and I would like the $6,000 dollars in interest, that I have accrued, wiped out.

Janet Farrelly, RN, MSN, FNP-BC

Desired outcome: I would like all of the interest, that I accrued, wiped out and I would like them to accept my one year of teaching to take 20% off of the loan. Thank you

C
9:36 am EST

Ecsi "Lost" my consolidation payment and refuse to help

Stay away from ECSI!

I consolidated my student loans, including one serviced by ECSI, in December. I received my Welcome Letter from my new servicer, Fedloans, on January 6th.

Almost immediately, all of my other former servicers send a paid in full letter. EXCEPT ECSI. It's now been over 2 months. ECSI claims they never received the consolidation payment, so I've now made 2 monthly payments to ECSI (about to make a third) for a loan that has already been consolidated. So I'm effectively paying for the same loan TWICE.

I think it's absolute BS that the DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY wouldn't pay ECSI but would pay all of my other former servicers? That's a lie. ECSI is completely unmotivated to help me because they are now getting payments on the same loan twice (once from the consolidation, and once from my monthly payments). I even provided a manifest ID for them to look up and they refuse to.

Desired outcome: I want my Paid in Full Letter from ECSI and a refund on all payments made since the consolidation. And then I want ECSI to burn to the ground. I am ready to join a class action law suit.

2:35 pm EST

Ecsi Loan

I received a pay stub from Heartland ECSI in the mail that states that I took out a $3,000 loan through them and they want the payment back. I have never taken out a student loan through anyone. I have never even received any money from a loan. My schooling was 100% paid for by the company that I work for. The company and I have a contract of this. I have never taken out a student loan, let alone, through Heartland ECSI. Also, I have been out of college for 4 years now. I am not sure what this is. I think it is a scam. I have tried contacting them but I have been waiting on the phone for over a hour trying to speak with a representative.

Desired outcome: I want to know why there is a loan taken out through Heartland ECSI in my name. I do not want to pay this.

R
12:09 pm EST

Ecsi Customer service

My 1098T form was made available to me on 1/28/2017. That would be fine, but I wasn't able to access my account at all. No one from the company sent me any login information and I customer service said I had to submit proper documents, which I already sent weeks prior. After hours of talking to customer service, they gave a temporary login. When I logged in, the form was completely blank. I made a dispute and faxed and mailed all my documents. The same dispute got rejected twice because they "did not get my documents" even though the fax machine confirmed the correct number and that the documents went through. I tried contacting their customer service but could not for the life of me get a hold of a real person to help me. It's been three weeks now and I still cannot get someone from the company to tell me why my they tell me they don't have any of my documents even though they do have it.

12:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ecsi Terrible communication and customer service

For a couple years I paid off my Perkins loan completely on time. I had a second Perkins loan for graduate school and expected that the two loans would be accessible from one account - the same as SallieMae, WellsFargo, Fedloan and every other servicer I know of.

I continued receiving monthly notices from ECSI letting me know what was currently due and continued to pay on time. Then I was surprised by a threatening letter claiming I was 60 days past due, on a second account that I had never received any information about - no notices, no login information, nothing. I immediately called and offered to pay.

All the associates were rude. One claimed they had sent me mail that was returned to sender (despite reaching me just fine with other notices). A second claimed they had only emailed me, and it must be my junk settings. The third decided to immediately accuse me of lying and insist I didn't receive two different stories about attempts to contact me. I finally called in, upset, and a fourth woman was much nicer, but said nothing could be done except a rehabilitation plan. I finished the plan, made sure they reported it on my credit (which has gone down 50 points), and paid off the rest of the loan.

Terrible treatment and iffy practices - if you can, avoid any borrowing from this company. I have one more loan to pay off with them, and cannot wait to be done.

S
12:29 pm EDT

Ecsi Nonexistent customer service

I have tried numerous times to contact ECSI electronically to ask about my account. The website sucks, so I can't answer my own questions through research since there is no useful information on the website. That's how dumb questions get asked. It'd be in their best interest to improve the information available on the site so people don't have to use their customer service. The live chat customer service function is laughable. I waited at least two hours on multiple occasions and no one ever connected. I emailed the contact address they included in my payment confirmation for questions about payments. Three months, no reply. I emailed the webmaster address for general questions. One month, no reply. I'm afraid to call them with my most likely stupid simple question as their call center is probably off in a third world country where I won't understand the operators and they won't understand me! Way to screw over the next generation, ECSI! Get your company together or get out of the business! My other two student loan servicers are sooooooooooooooo much better!

Read full review of Ecsi and 1 comment

1 comment
E
E
enoughALREADY27
, US
Feb 15, 2017 8:31 am EST

This company is such a piece of ####! They're late sending me my tax documents again this year. Their website looks like it was built in 1985 and the service is ####ing dog ####. I am so tired of dealing with these ####.

6:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've submitted electronic payments for 3/15, 3/20, and two payments for 4/1/13. The first two payments were never processed, may loan is in repayment and interest is accruing. Automated phone service does not recognize my account number and pin, no such account exists. My school says they are a legitimate load service provider, but frustration as set in a...

W
4:47 am EDT

Ecsi No one ever answers

My university is using ECSI to collect their student loans, and I have been trying to call them on many many occasions, and no one has ever answered the phone. I have only spoke to live person once after serveral days of attempt. Also, on the ECSI website, it offers the live chat option, but everytime I click on it, it is always closed, and tell me to try again during normal business hours. I have always tried to contact them during normal business hours from 8 am to 5pm. Unless their normal business hours are different, there is no reason why I can't get a hold of anyone to resolve my student loan issues, because this can affect my life. They need to have a better organization.

Read full review of Ecsi and 1 comment

1 comment
G
G
GARZ
Philadelphia, US
Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am EDT

This is the worst baking company in THE WORLD, i have over $300K in loans and only $5000 with this terrible company and they have given me hell to keep my loans in deferment. I would rather have doubled my interest and pay fees than to EVER deal with this company again. I hope they go to hell.

I
10:30 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've set up my payments every month for the last year with them to go through as a direct pay, since it seems to be the only free way to make payments. And they have lost my payment four times. Four out of twelve? Seriously? I only set up my direct pay to be done one payment at a time because i never know if i'm going to have that payment on the 5th or the...

Read full review of Ecsi and 26 comments
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ecsi contacts