Easy SaverCharging onmy credit cadr

S

I received a bill in the mail yesterday for $14.95 from Club Membership Rewards? Easy Saver of which I had no idea who Easy Saver was; in calling the800-262-6199, Betty informed me that I purchased somethin on line and had signed up for this Easy Saver and that they had received my credit card number from the company I purchased from.
This to me is theft and fraud how the comany I originally purchased from would give out my card number to anyone they chose to.
The company I purchased from was Pedi Paws, not only was the product JUNK, but now I find they pratice FRAUD and THEFT.

• Sw
    Swanie Sep 27, 2010

I keep being billed month after month even through I requested my cancellation of subscription to this Company. I was just billed again on 24 Sept 2017.

• Br
    brandi mason May 27, 2010

LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING... OKAY? I happen to be one of those women/men who answer those phones at the CALL CENTER that you are calling and verbally abusing. Really, is that necessary. Most of us who answer those phones have worked there less time that you have been being charged. We didn't work there when it happened, we didn't enter in any of your information FOR you, we are working in one of the hardest industries there is and yet...why do we chose to be there... because we like to HELP. We are helpers when we answer that phone. While we do understand your frustration - we want to help remedy the situation. Every company will do something that angers you at some point. It's how they resolve the issue that matters. That gal on the other end of the phone had nothing to do with your enrollment. Yet, daily we get yelled at, cursed, and verbally abused as soon as we as how we can HELP you. What part of HELP don't you understand. YOU made the mistake of the enrollment in the Easy Saver Rewards Program. YOU are the ones who have been negligent in checking your accounts weekly... if not DAILY - like I do! Believe it or not, it's not a SCAM. We have been in busines for over 30 years and have over a million satisfied customers... who DO read the smaller print, (which in this case there IS no fine PRINT! It's an entire webpage that TELLS you to 'ENTER YOUR INFORMATION MANUALLY"... where it says "ENTER YOUR INFORMATION TO JOIN THE EASY SAVER REWARDS PROGRAM!" So, PLEASE... remember when you call that we truly do understand you are surprised, upset, angry, irrate and even threatening to report us to the BBB. Well, we ARE members of the BBB! Just try to be nice. You get alot farther with honey than vinegar. We are not responsible for what happened in your situation...however, we are kind enough to take the abusive from you... and still resolve the situation for you to your satisfaction! We like to have happy customers! We post our phone number on every charge on your bank statement. The bank has our phone number. It's no scam. The fact of the matter is that you didn't read. So, because you didn't read, just clicked clicked and clicked, you call and curse at us! Hey, some of us are good Christian women and we don't deserve to be talked to the way you talk to us. YOU made the mess... now, try to be kind to us while we resolve the problem to the best of our ability and to your satisfaction. Just stop yelling at us! And don’t DARE tell ME that I should be ashamed to work for a “company like this”….. unless YOU are going to hire me and pay me so I can pay my bills. Everyone has to live.

• Te
    teeta Apr 12, 2010

Going through the same thing, sucks because I liked pro flowers up until I realized the flowers I sent my friend ended up costing me almost $600!

• Al
    allyr Apr 05, 2010

Husband ordered flowers from proflowers.com for me for valentines day. it was a sweet gesture, but the "discount" program offered at the end of the sale was the scam. They automatically enter you into a $14.95/mo program and you have to call to cancel.

If you've purchased from proflowers.com, please check your bank account and call ASAP to get a full refund on this program! The flowers were awesome, although very overpriced. Stick with a local florist for your deliveries.

Pic below of how it showed up on our bank acct. The phone number to call and cancel is [protected]

Comments

• Rs
    rsvr Feb 19, 2010

I just contacted my credit card company...they are going to dispute it...
    Its very frustrating, and easy to overlook...

• Va
    validcomplaint2010 Jan 18, 2010

Clearly

• Va
    validcomplaint2010 Jan 18, 2010

They should have spelled it out LOUDER and more clearly before you (inadvertently) hit that button in the first place! (especially without a subsequent step of verification/ confirmation of authorization).

• Zz
    zzz320jd Dec 30, 2009

The company expects people to overlook these things and create misleading information to trap the consumer to signing up and "getting their permission to use their credit card." Bunch of ### I believe. You either work for the company or are a complete idiot because you clearly fell into their trap and was unaware of them charging your card too. =) good day

• I ordered flowers for my mother from Proflowers.com in Feb of 2017, I have a monthly recurring legitimate charge of $14.95 which is the same amount that Easy Saver had been taking out of my account. Since I have a legitimate charge for the same amount, I disregarded it as the legitimate one until this month...both the legitimate and fraud charge showed up in the same window pane and that's when I realized I've been billed fraudulently. I've encountered businesses that will operate under one name and bill under another, so I wasn't alarmed. I called my bank and they can only go back three months and sure enough, all three months contained the fraudulent charges. Of course, Easy Saver is not equipped with round the clock customer service and I will have to call back in the morning. In addition, when the the automated system is dialed, it asks you to enter one of the following: membership ID #, email address or even better, your credit card number! My bank advised that I contact Easy Saver and see what they tell me, then I will have to go to my branch and file a dispute form. Let's see what happens...

• It
    It's personal Dec 29, 2009

Give me a break. I came across the same charges on my statement. HOWEVER... I am smart enough to check my statement regularly and picked up on the enrollment with the initial charge of $1.95! If you don't check your statements - well, then I call that STUPID. After I called to cancel, I went back to the PRO FLOWERS site and checked to see how "fraudulent" it was. IT'S NOT. A WHOLE page comes up offering a discount on your next purchase... TELLING you that that discount includes the 30 trial of Easy Saver. You actually HAVE to enter your email address AND zip code ANDDDDD click on "enroll me now" !!! If you people can't see that, you don't need to have a credit card OR bank account. I too called to cancel. I spoke with a perfectly lovely customer service representative who was more than helpful in explaining the enrollment process as well as refunding my money. All I had to do was request it. These poor people you are calling have NOTHING to do with the enrollment. They are just the unfortunate souls who have to deal with hotheaded idiots like all of you. What the heck are you getting out of being rude and demanding to these people! It's a job. How would you like people to call YOU all day and yell at you????? You get alot more with honey than with vinegar. LEARN TO READ AND OWN UP TO YOUR OWN MISTAKES. This is a perfectly ligit company. I have looked into it. They have been in business for longer than I am old, and if you think being a bunch of idiots in denial is going to bring them down... well, continue to waste your time. However, I would suggest you spend that time learning to READ rather than yelling about someone "stealing" your money when it's your own fault. Jerks.

• Cr
    Craft Network Dec 22, 2009

Easy Saver withdrew $14.95 from my account and I have no idea what it is for.

• Bd
    bdelie Dec 19, 2009

I just received my credit card bill and realized that an easy saver charge for 14.95 kept appearing on my bill. I had let it go thinking maybe it was a gas station receipt that I had lost etc. So I called and it was pro flowers which I had ordered flowers in April. How convenient that they waiting until June to start charging 14.95 as easy saver. This is such a scam. Thank you for info.

• Ci
    Cindy Eidson Nov 24, 2009

After purchasing flowers from ProFlowers, the Company Easy Saver charged unauthorized amounts to my debt card in the amount of $14.95 per month for a membership. I recently noticed that this charge was occuring monthly for the same amount and I finally called to see what the charge was for. Once I called, I found out that I was signed up for a membership at a monthly rate for $14.95 after purchasing ProFlowers (a flower delivery service). I had never requested the membership, but was charged anyway. I contacted the company at [protected] to stop the charges after getting the number from my great bank, SunTrust. The Easy Saver Associate said she would credit back the 7 monthly charges of $14.95 with no questions asked. I stated before our conversation began that I would contact the Better Business Bureau and report them if they did not credit my account. BEWARE and check our checking accounts often for crooks like Easy Saver and ProFlowers.

• Ra
    RAlonso Sep 17, 2009

I found this same 14.95 charge on my credit card and I didnt know who in the heck these people were until I googled this site. How dare them! What a scam! I never authorized this 'membership". I say we start a class action suit against Pro flowers and Easy Saver.
    When I tried to dispute the charge on my credit card this lovely 'error' came up!

You cannot dispute this transaction for this reason:

5101 - Third Party vendor Transactions - Not Eligible

• Jr
    jraeb Aug 12, 2009

I have had money taken from my bank account without my knowledge or permission. There have been withdrawals of $14.95 taken out a total of 4 times. I demand my money refunded. If not, this will be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

• Vi
    Vicky Aug 09, 2009

I was going over a bank statement for my mother who is a stroke patient. There was a debit for 16.95 from a company called Easy Saver. My mom does not know the company. Nor has she ordered anything from them. Yet there is this debit and it caused there to be an overdraft fee for 33.00. I am having no luck getting any response from them. I am wondering if the attorney general is someone who should be contacted about this. The last I heard, a company could not charge an account with out notice and that there had to be some sort of merchandise or service that was being received in lieu of charge. My mom has nothing and never received anything. Nor does she even know why they would be hassling her.

• I have three months of $14.95 on my credit card from Easy Saver, a membership program through ProFl0wers. At the end of purchasing my flowers they asked if I wanted $15 off my next purchase and asked for my email address. When you give them your address you authorize them to bill you for the membership club, but it doesn't tell you that up front. It comes in one of the various promotional emails from ProFlowers a few months later. I called to cancel and they argued with me to stay on board and told me they won't credit me back because I authorized by inputting my email address. I am canceled but out $45. These scams and programs are all over the place with online purchase - be careful!!!

• Yo
    youreallidiots Jul 29, 2009

WOW. maybe the problem is that you bought a product designed for vanity reasons AND PUT IT ON YOUR CHILD SUPPORT CARD. was the product for your kid? you should get the mother of the year award. absolutley disgusting. youre the problem with america today.

• Ck
    ckm Jul 29, 2009

It gets better! After you cancel the charges, discontinue ordering anything online! Oriental Trading has some misrepresenting billing and shipping processes that will immediately re-enroll you in the program with your on line purchase! I just found out the hard way and had to re-cancel the program.

To avoid getting trapped in the OT Easy Saver program, make sure all your purchases are made by phone or by mail.

• Er
    Erica M Jul 18, 2009

I did the same thing. Ordered flowers for my mother and finace's mother. However since we were charged the first month at the same time I sent in the required forms to get my shipping back, (that was their claim, to refund any and all shipping charges), I never got that $15 refunded to me. I emailed them to cancel my membership and they emailed back saying it was done. LIARS!!! I have since found two more charges.

I am going to be reporting them.

Erica

<br />
    Unfortunately, I did not notice these charges until recently and am now dated back till January. Thank God, these charges were on AMX and they are not only going to block further charges (I'm having difficulty finding and canceling this thing!) but dispute and credit me up to four months of $14.95 fees.<br />
    <br />
    I'm an event planner and believe EASY SAVER is linked to a very popular on-line and catalog party decor and novelty company. Since I buy from many different sources, I'd rather not use names, considering it could be any one of them. But BEWARE, EASY SAVER is there too!!! This store had offered me a $10 coupon through EASY SAVER because I had spent a certain amount of money. I did not realize that $10 I was saving would cost me $104.65!!!<br />
    <br />
    Upon calling Encore Mktg, EASY SAVER, I was told that my questions could not be answered, nor could I be told what kind of company it was, what it sold or services it provided until I relinquished my cc#! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Hence the call to AMX, where I trust they will investigate to my benefit.

• Rf
    rfloccari Jun 25, 2009

Thank you everyone for the information, I was just reading my bank statement and couldn't figure out what the heck Easy Savers was. I just called and they said that they would credit my account; I got the cancellation number just in case my credit does not go through.

Mario de la Vega Jun 25, 2009

Scam! Charge shown on record with a credit card. I do not know what this company does nor was I aware of this charge. Call the Company and can't find any record of my name or address but the charge is on my credit card. I ask for the Charge to be remove as per Federal Regulation E Complaince. I am waiting for the credit on my account.
    This type of Company makes Internet Purchases not to be a good idea.
    BUYER BEWARE - READ EVERY SINGLE STATEMENT BEFORE CLICKING TO THE NEXT SECTION.

• Di
    Dissatisfied Jun 12, 2009

My credit card company called to verify account activity, and I did not recognize a charge from "Easy Saver". Apparently, when my husband ordered Valentine's Day flowers for me from Pro Flowers, he unknowingly signed up for "Easy Saver" which charges us $14.95 per month and gives us NO REWARDS, no benefits, and we didn't even know we "signed up"! The website www.encoremanagement is vague, at best, and gives no information. When I tried to remove the charges, I was told they could only remove 2 months. I insisted on all charges being removed, and was put on hold. This is how they try to keep your money - they tell you they are experiencing a "high load" of calls, and it will take a long time on hold. They try to get you to hang up, and just accept the refund of a month or two. Eventually, my original customer service representative; "Greg", came back on two times to tell me I was still on hold (uh, yeah). Then he finally came back on and told me his manager had approved him to remove all charges.
    So don't hang up! Hang in there and get your money back! And don't buy from Pro Flowers!

• Sc
    scgreenville Jun 10, 2009

Ordered flowers from Proflowers. At end, offered coupon worth $10 on next shipping. Off screen, unless you scroll down, is some small print that you have 30 day free trial and will be charged so much $14.95 per month after that. No indication that you are actually giving credit card info, etc. No indication of a charge of any kind unless you read this, and even there, no indication of an up-front charge. Had a charge of $1.95 show up the next day on my credit card from Easy Saver. I've called to dispute the charge, called Proflowers to let them know that I felt this was at best misleading, told them I am canceling my account... etc.

Then found there is no way to cancel the Proflowers account on line and no way to expunge credit card info. This is a double whammy. Rush Limbaugh and Shaun Hannity should be ashamed to support a racket like Proflowers.

• Vi
    Vivance May 27, 2009

Easy Saver, Oriental Trading Company. Bought some stuff for Christmas, and every month sence, They got us for 14.95... Called [protected] and Cancelled the deal... Got all Five months back. They were very kind, Even got a confirmation number. The Lady said that we will have our refund in one or two Billing cycles... Right... That's two months... I am headed for the bank and have them get it faster... Fraudulent... Oh, for sure...

• Diane May 22, 2009

From: DIANE W
    To: Customer Service
    Sent: Friday, May 22, 2017 7:44 AM
    Subject: Re: was only refunded $14.95!!!

Thank you-they (10) were posted on the reverse side of statement received yesterday.
    From: Customer Service
    To: DIANE W
    Sent: Friday, May 22, 2017 6:37 AM
    Subject: Re: was only refunded $14.95!!!

Thank you for contacting Membership Services.
    We have processed 11 credits in the amount of $14.95 on 04/14/09. These credits will be posted to your account pursuant to your banking/credit card institution's guidelines.

If we can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Online Membership Services

• Diane May 21, 2009

I received my statement and was only refunded $14.95!!!

From: Customer Service
    To:
    Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2017 10:48 AM
    Subject: Credit Confirmation

Mrs.

This email will confirm our conversation To reiterate our conversation, I have canceled the
    membership and, as agreed, issued a total of 11 refunds in the amount of
    $14.95 back to your credit card account. These refunds have been
    requested today and if you do your banking online, you may see those
    refunds as early as 48 hours.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
    Missy Baer
    4/14/09

• Mi
    Michelle Gambon May 20, 2009

I made a purchase on-line last week to find an auto feed easy saver membership charge applied. I made no conscious agreement for this service this piggy back off I think target.com is deceitful and will cause me to no longer shop at Target for allowing this partnership with a company like easy saver who behaves like a parasite.

• Bo
    Bow May 15, 2009

I just checked my bank statement on-line and notice I also received a charge from "Easy Saver" when I ordered flowers from "Pro Flowers." While going through the Pro Flowers on-line ordering process the "Free Shipping" pop-up lead me to believe that I could get the flowers shipped free. I stopped and backed out of Easy Saver before ever providing them any information about me OR my credit card. They stold my credit card information by their "link" to Pro Flowers. I'm going to call the [protected] phone number provided by other complainers to try and get my money back.
    Thank you guys for this web site and good luck recovering your money.

• Cz
    CZirnheld May 13, 2009

I agree and there are many other companies doing the same thing, especially to elderly people.

I will never use ProFlowers again and will call every outlet that carries their advertising as well to let them know of these practices

• Ea
    Easysaver breaker May 11, 2009

I just found out there is a monthly charge of $14.95 from EASY SAVER ever since I purchased flowers from Proflowers.com. as you can see hundreds of complains from everyone, what is the solution to solve this problem? Should we all hire a lawyer and sue them? we have enough people, right? Please email to [email protected] and maybe the Lawyer is interested since we have more than certain amount of head counts!!! I read 20 complains just now and everyone just saying the same thing.

Lets shut the company down, If every company makes their revenue by secretly "enroll" you as their membership. They should get punished.

• Di
    disgusted May 04, 2009

I have cancelled with this company MANY times and every time I turn around there is another charge on my account. This is a complete hoax. Then I need to spend an enormous amount of time on the phone trying to get through to an actual PERSON and then they speek to, in a condescending manner. Then it takes forever to get your refund back. I am getting pretty tired with dealing with companies like this who obviously have no concern for their patrons!! They should really get their business in order!

• Ce
    Celine Lopez Apr 09, 2009

Today, I was checking my credit card account and noticed an unfamiliar charge from Easy Saver for 14.95. I was charged for 14.95 for March and April. When I called the company, they refunded the charges. Apparently, Proflowers.com is associated with Easy Saver and they transfered the credit card information. Be careful about the email from ProFlowers offering a "discount." Once you give your e-mail to ProFlowers, they will allow Easy Saver access to your credit card information and charge monthly for membership to Easy Saver that many people are unaware of signing up for. Completely misleading and a scam. Hopefully, they will follow up with their refunds.

Marshall, Mr. Apr 08, 2009

My name is Marshall and I just wanted to say that anyone effected by Easy Saver need NOT worry. This not a SCAM.I just found these so called "fraudulent' charges on my card. I have seen these charges on past statements and it is my own fault for not calling the toll free no. next to the description on my bill. I got a representative that was very friendly and helpful. I do remember the offer for the program at the end of my Proflowers order and I do remember the terms and conditions. I just put my info in to see about the offer and when i clicked the yes, continue button it enrolled me. what I did was try to exit and apparently that doesn't Un-Enroll you from the program. They sent me a e-mail regarding my enrollment and discount, but it went to my spam folder so i didn't see it at first. The rep helped me find the email from "customer service at Easy Saver" in my recycling bin and I was still able to get my discount even after canceling. I was also given a full refund for the charges on my bill and I had a bunch. They transferred me to a Supervisor and I was taken really good care of. all these reports of fraud are definitely unfounded. I am an English teacher and fairly tehnosavvy and I don't usually get enrolled like this but i can certainly see where i made my mistake. Thanks to easy saver for helping me, if it wouldn't have been for their customer service I would have been out a lot of money. I firmly believe that this is not a scam and the membership offered is actually quite lucrative if you choose top use it to save money. 50% off hotels would have saved me enough to pay for the membership for a year. I may even consider the Offer seriously if ever given the chance on future web orders.

• Lk
    LKJM Apr 06, 2009

If you were billed this $14.95, you were also billed an $83.88 from a company called CMG Free Shipping.
    ProFlowers got me twice on two different cards! People, check your statements! I never have in the past but I'm certainly going to do so now!

• De
    Dean Apr 06, 2009

I ordered my wife some flowers from ProFlowers and was delighted to get a "savings" on my deliver charge. All I had to do was "click here". For the next two months I was billed $14.95 from Easy Saver. Coincidentally, my first charge was on the same date that I had just ordered something from EBay for a similar charge. I was way too nonchalant about this charge and overlooked it. The next month I got the same charge and called the number to inquire.

After my conversation with Linda, I cancelled what I was told was an enrollment on my part. Evidently, I entered my email in an online form and this confirmed my enrollment for a monthly fee of $14.95. I have applied about getting my money back, but have pretty much written this off.

I hope ProFlowers can survive without my money in the future. I have sent this information to my professional network of over 10, 000 government professionals and I hope that many of them can learn from my mistake as well.

Sara Chesters Mar 25, 2009

I too heard an add on the radio, and responded for free trial of some wrinkle cream, or what not. Salesperson talked me into trying easy saver for 1.95 as well. Now i haven't recived anything but bills for 16.95..they are taking it off of my child support card. Needless to say, my daughter got hurt at school today, and the card got declined for the co-pay, because easy saver keeps stealing my money!
    Stealing is what it is, because they r not giving me anything that was offered on the phone yet they r still taking my money!
    I have changed my card info, now i have to wait two more weeks to buy groceries for my child, because thats when the new card will arrive!

chvyclss Mar 22, 2009

I purchased flowers from ProFlowers on Feb 10, 2017 & $1.95 was debited from my check card for Easy Saver. I didn't realize this until March 22, 2017, when my bank put a hold on my account. Easy Saver tried to debit $14.95 from me again on March 15, 2017, but the bank wouldn't honor it. I now have to cancel my card & get a new one. My account will be frozen until then. All of my business is done with my card. This scam organization should be dealt with severely & shut down.

• Th
    thesmithe5536 Mar 21, 2009

My Visa check card was charged $14.95 from Easy Saver, but I have never even heard of this company. I did not sign up for any subscription, nor did I give any other company permission to give my card information to any third party. I cannot speak to a live person because they are conveniently not open on the weekends.

Comment Guidelines