Eastern Propane, Hawley, PAOutrageous Charges

Short version:

* Surprise deliveries.

* $180 fee for tank removal, unless you sell the house. Then the buyer gets charged for your remaining fuel. If they don't want Eastern Propane, the tank is removed for free. (Hmmmm...why can't they offer free removal for loyal customers who are moving. I certainly won't use them again after paying that charge!)

* If you want your unexpected fuel delivery removed from you tank you may do so... at the rate of $72/ half hour or $95 an hour!!!

* If you cannot pay off said unexpected delivery and decide to put yourself on a payment plan, your tank will be "capped for non-payment" and your account frozen until your house is sold and they attempt to rope in the unsuspecting new owners or until you give in and pay the $180 removal fee.

Two years ago I dealt with an extremely rude manager in Hawley while attempting to discuss my rate. I ended up calling NJ office and speaking to their manager who handled it. She was wonderful. If you are stuck in a tough situation, tryi it. As for me...I won't deal with the Hawley office again and unfortunately, I won't deal with the company again. Their website says "We believe in listening". What a crock!

• Da
    dale winchester Jan 20, 2014

I also experienced an $89 fee for tank placement and was never notified.
    I was then sent to collections and my credit was damaged.
    I am NOW being charged 539.00 for a vacant house ( I am the landlord) that the heat has been turned off except for extremely cold days.
    I checked the tanks and they leak around the fuel gauge, lets see what they do about my charges that I paid. hmmmm

• Pa
    Padrino Feb 22, 2011

I can definitely relate to this, specially with the unwanted delivery. These people only care about taking your money, for example them trying to make two or three deliveries during winter season when you really need one, making you pay the higher rates. I can't wait to get rid of them. I had to wait three weeks to get my tank connected after they got paid, they used a lame excuse saying they had no one available to connect the line but when they cut me off they made sure a tech was available to then charge me 180.00 to get the line connected.