Menu

S
Author of the complaint
4:12 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a Dyson hairdryer from eBay on Nov 6, 2017 and paid 359.00 and it was brand new. I received it still in the box and in cellophane wrapping. Every thing worked great until Nov 29, 2019. I turned it on and it smelled like something was burning so I turned it off and waited a few minutes and then tried to turn it back on. It would not turn on, I reset the GFI outlet and the one on the hairdryer and still nothing. The reason I even bought one was because my mom had just bought one about one week before and I tried it when I was visiting and really liked it. I was thinking that this should be the last dryer I have to buy but that did not happen. The one my mom had bought brand new from QVC did the exact same thing, would not turn on. Instead of her putting in a complaint to see what could be done she went ahead and bought another brand new Dyson. That one also did the same thing, stopped working. So between my mom and I we have had 3 brand new Dyson hairdryers that have stopped working. I made sure the "Filter" on the handle was always cleaned. I find it odd that 3 Dyson hairdryers quit working with the exact same problem.
I want to know if there is any compensation for the 3 hairdryers that quit working and all with the same problem. Between my mother and I, we spent approximately 1160.00. When I buy a hairdryer for 359.00 I expect it to last more than 2 years. My mom and I are quite dissatisfied with our purchases.

More Dyson complaints & reviews