Duty Free Depotscam

P

A few days ago i decided to order some cigarettes from Duty Free Depot.I went on their website to make the order, but the link to the list of choice and price was not available for some reason.So, I decided to give them a call so they can help me with my choice.Everything went smoothly.I was even promised that I will get 20% discount of the final price which was somewhere around $145 (full price was $190).I gave them my cr.card number to finish the transaction and that was it.So, on the next day I was waiting for an e-mail confirmation for my order.I logged in into my account to see the progress and there was a message waiting for me saying that a transaction is pending to be completed - my current order.Apparently something had gone wrong with the numbers I gave them.Then I took a closer look to the details about my future payment and there was no discount.They just didn't give me one.That really set me off.Without a second thought i canceled the whole thing off.And on the next day i immediately was contacted by phone from someone from the sales department saying that the transaction didn't go trough.I told them that I canceled the whole thing, but they went furious that they didn't get my money so they locked up my account with a message (Dear Mr.
You are also welcome to contact our billing department at +[protected] to resolve this issue. To cover the charge by using a void check, please address [protected]@dutyfreedepot.com and attach a copy of your Driver's license to the message).and now I can not do anything like shopping or even look into my previous orders until i "resolve that issue".I think as a rightful customer I have the right to do whatever I want with my order, even cancellation.Nice customer appreciation.I think we should send the Feds to lock them up forever and shut down the whole operation.

• Lu
    Lumi13 May 20, 2015

duty free depot has a lot of complaints. So it is a fraud!
    Thanks everybody for your posts. It helps.

Jaine II Dec 29, 2011

I ordered from these assbites over a month ago. My order was canceled by the guy who took the order twice and now Im on a third order number. I see no hope in getting anything from them as well one of the phone numbers I used is now disconnected. I HAVE NO HOPE IN GETTING MY ORDER!!!

• Bl
    Blake Baumgardner Dec 05, 2011

I also disagree. I ordered six cartons of Dunhill cigarettes from Duty Free Depot in October of 2011 and again in December and they arrived within 12 days, all packed and shipped in one box (I selected the express shipping option, a $30 additional charge). I received order confirmation e-mails right after placing my order and also a telephone confirmation both times. You should be aware that this is an overseas operation and orders are processed in Israel. Also, American brand cigarettes you're used to in the US are slightly different. I would suggest opting for the express shipping option, as I think this reduces the cigarettes being seized by customs. Remember, you're evading taxes by ordering cigs offshore, so there's always a risk of seizure by customs! I've had no problems with Duty Free Depot and will continue to order.

notacomplaint Apr 12, 2011

ok i have ordered with them 3x so far and when i was missing some cartons they were prompt to re-send them to me. this place is not a scam and they are a pleasure to deal with. u guys who are complaining are giving a phony telephone number. probably cuz u are another place that sells smokes and are jealous that this company duty free depot is reliable and honest.

• Gi
    GIll UK Jul 03, 2010

I have ordered 400 Embassy No1 from these shysters and guess what they have been seized. Despite me paying extra tax on their website to comply with duty free laws in UK.

I have now received a very suspect looking letter from the UK border agency. YEAH RIGHT!!!

CON MERCHANTS DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I paid $182-00 including extra duty tax for 400 Cigs these were not cheap and you still ripped me off.

The order no is 138534 for any company fraudsters who like to reply to this.

• To
    tom wilkinson Feb 23, 2010

"DO NOT ORDER FROM" Duty Free Depot Is a freakin scam!! phony order numbers that the USPS has no idea of. Takes the money with return no contact info on the web site, Man this dude needs some FEDERAL time where the fellas can get at him!