[Resolved] DoorFront Directhgtv magazine

J May 11, 2019 Review updated:

Even though I live in Southern California mornings are still damp here. I go outside this morning to find my HGTV Magazine lying at the end of my driveway. It's in a plastic sleeve but the magazine is wet. And if this is to save me steps, it was lying 4 feet from my mailbox. And not nearer the house. What's wrong with the dry mailbox it was always delivered to?

hgtv magazine

• DoorFront Direct's response · May 16, 2019

Dear Readers,
    We'd be happy to replace your wet magazine and resolve any service issues you have.
    Please feel free to contact us at www.doorfrontdirect.com.
    Thank you!

• Updated by Doris Tigue · Jul 16, 2019

Missing issues since February 2019

• Updated by Oprah magazine · Aug 10, 2019

I live in a large condo complex. Many people walk on or past my long drive where the magazine is "delivered." This is not secure. I wish to cancel the form of delivery of Oprah Magazine and return to delivery to my locked mailbox located in mailroom building.

• Resolution Statement

• Va
    vannes May 14, 2019

A deliveryman rang my doorbell to deliver my "Summer" (not "June") issue of Town & Country magazine today. I live in a gated community; I don't dress, indoors, to answer the doorbell. I WAS well enough dressed, but in the back of my house. I had to walk to the front. Through the front door windows, I didn't recognize the stranger. He had dropped the mag on my front mat and turned to go.
    U.S. mail lets me pick up things when I want to pick them up. My mailbox is locked.
    Do publishers save money using DoorfrontDirect? Do they save enough to justify incurring my alarm at an unexpected, almost intrusive delivery?
    Just use U.S. mail, folks.

• Ji
    JinnyP May 28, 2019

Magazine was thrown in the yard and was totally wet. I pay money to get the magazines that I order and do not appreciate them being just thrown in the yard with rain and snow. I will also notify the magazine directly.

5100 Dvorak Circle
    Frederick, Colorado 80504 Date: 05/19/19

I would like to have the magazines delivered by the post office.

• Mo
    motomomo Jun 06, 2019

I do not know why Food Network magazine needs to use DoorFront direct. It sucks!! The card in the packaging
    with the magazine says "saves you time since you don't have to walk out to your mailbox".. My mailbox
    is on the side of my home by my carport. To walk to my mailbox I take 4 steps. My magazines have been
    dropped at the end of my driveway, almost in the street. Ridiculous!!!

• Lu
    lutzflcat Jun 17, 2019

My husband went out to get the newspaper this morning, came back in with my HGTV magazine, and told me it was in the middle of our driveway...WHAT??? There were some holes in the plastic covering, so parts of the magazine were wet from a morning rain. Your service is named DoorFront Direct, but that's a misnomer because you're not delivering it to the door. Just don't like this form oF delivery at all, and I think HGTV magazine will lose subscriptions over it.

• He
    heyu2013 Jun 17, 2019

Received our subscription to Country Living Mag this afternoon. Despite the flyer in the plastic envelope, which stated that DOORFRONT direct was a convenient new way to receive magazines on the doorstep, the magazine was found in the newspaper tube. The newspaper tube is located next to the mailbox, which is located down the hill at the end of driveway, If the publishers are trying to save money by avoiding USPS, they better rethink their actions because they will lose customers.

SandyLP Jun 25, 2019

My AD subscription is being delivered in the rain! Soaked monthly magazine is not what I am paying for! Left on the side walk instead of at my door which is under cover!

• Re
    ReallyWhatever Jun 30, 2019

FRONT DOOR DIRECT... What a JOKE.. I have to always walk tomy mail box & pick it up from the ground. It's tossed from a moving car I would guess. Because my mailman would NOT leave it on the grass. PLEASE stop this business it's a waste..

• Ga
    gail tuman Jun 30, 2019

this cook book was on ground by mailbox not step or n mailbox 6/24/19

jeff lawrence1747 Jul 07, 2019

poor service - not delivered to my door - typical lazy people you hire always looking for a short cut -I will cancel my magazines - its not worth the hassle

• Ms
    mssrprozac Jul 07, 2019

Monday July 01,
    Picked up this mornings newspaper to find a womens health magazine included.
    Magazine was addressed to a lady in a completely different subdivision, the only thing in common was the zip code.

Good work Door Front direct.

• Pa
    Pam.Ros Jul 21, 2019

This is a terrible service. My magazines are going missing, thrown into the shrubbery (not even close to my door), or magazines belonging to other subscribers in my yard. I'm calling all my magazines to have delivery by postal service only. Recommend you do too.

• Sh
    shirley ho Jul 21, 2019

the magazine was delivered a few feet from the sidewalk not doorfront. please help...Shirley Ho

• Do
    Doris Tigue Jul 23, 2019

I am writing to let you know that I have not been receiving my Oprah Magazine since february 2019.

It was being delivered with my husband's Wall Street Journal in our mailbox, but since he cancelled the paper, I have been getting my Magazine.

I would appreciate if you could take care of this.

My account #0085776847

Doris Tigue

Madman44 Aug 05, 2019

Magazine thrown on the end of my driveway 80' from my "doorfront"
    This is a lazy, cheap way to sell a product.
    July 21, 2019.

To resolve - STOP the service to my neighborhood, city, state, country.

Shameful

• Ba
    bap1 Aug 09, 2019

Since when does HGTV use this service? I found my magazine in the driveway soaked and unreadable. I do not want this service as my mail stays dry in the locked mailbox across from my driveway! I have a mailbox for a reason. Please cancel this as I did not authorize this and find this more of a nuisance! It is so humid here year around this does not work!

It is not convenient. Do you know what is convenient...getting my mail when I want and dry in my locked mailbox across the street! I do not want anything delivered with this service.

• Kr
    Kristina Mathews Aug 10, 2019

27 issues missing on one account and 8 issues missing on the other account . i want a refund and my magazine where is my magazines

• Dm
    DMB1209 Aug 13, 2019

Several of my magazines are now delivered by this company "Doorfront Direct". They throw them either in the middle of the driveway or on the lawn. Every magazine delivered by ths company is soaking wet or runover by cars. I do not know how to contact the magazines, but once I figure that out, I will cancel all subcriptions that are going to be delivered by this company. If they can't mail it, its going to be cancelled. I'm sick of it!!

• Op
    Oprah magazine Aug 18, 2019

I live in a large condo complex where people walk on and by my long drive. This is not a secure form of delivery compared to my locked mailbox in the mailroom building. I want my delivery of Oprah magazine via this service cancelled.

• Di
    Diana Mikatarian Aug 19, 2019

I did not sign up for this & hate it. Stop it!!

• Th
    thebeck14548 Aug 19, 2019

when delivered they are just thrown on the lawn and if it rains they are no longer readable or have bugs on them I have a porch but they do not put them on there this happened again today and my O magazine was not readable as it was all wet and the print came off on my hands due to how wet the magazine was today is Monday August 12 2019

• Fa
    Faith Ellen Aug 21, 2019

I have received my food network magazine last two month by doorfront direct both times were left at the end of my drive way not at my door, what's the deal? My mail box is at the end of my drive way!

• Mo
    Monna Journey Aug 24, 2019

I haven't received ANY of my magazines and have tried to contact these people, and each time I do it says the website is unavailable or temporaily disconnected. This is a sham!!!

• Im
    Im Immortal Aug 31, 2019

It was 2am in the morning and I suddenly hear a sound of paper dropping outside at my porch. I open the door to see what it is and I find a magazine rapped in plastic at my front door with a paper that says "Door front Direct". Is it normal to receive a magazine at 2am?

• Kt
    ktob Sep 02, 2019

leaving my veranda magazine on the grass by my mailbox 250 feet from my house!
    please take me off your list if this is the service you provide.
    Since my mailbox is so far away from my house I have to go to my mailbox that is 250 feet away to ge my mail

Marlena Karami Sep 03, 2019

This is not at doorstep and I do not want this service or the magazines in both cases! I never ordered both and this is unauthorized! Photos can be supplied if need be! Do not deliver again!

• Iw
    iwrish Sep 07, 2019

19529 Ravines Court, N FT Myers, Florida 33903

DID NOT order this magazine or any other magazine from this service. I have tried to cancel thru your site and continually get an error message. Do not need or want this service. PLEASE CANCEL IMMEDIATELY.

• Ra
    Rangers67 Sep 09, 2019

Mailbox delivery is safe. Magazine thrown in my drive way can be picked up by anyone.
    This is an unsafe delivery method and not as convenient as my mailbox. I assume it is a money saver for the Food Network Magazine but it is not reliable.

• Jl
    JLloyd# Sep 11, 2019

On September 3, my Country Living magazine was thrown in my driveway back by my garage...nowhere near my door. It was raining, and the magazine is soaked. completely unreadable. There is no excuse for this...either put it in between the doors or in the mailbox.
    I would like a replacement of this issue-October 2019

• Pi
    Pincus Sep 14, 2019

Don't throw the magazines in driveways or the grass.

• Ca
    Carol papia Sep 21, 2019

Magazine delivered to my house left near the street NOT near my door ruined by the rain poor service. I would rather have it delivered by mail service than left near the street

• So
    Somebody who is mad Sep 21, 2019

The most recent issue of the Food Network Magazine was delivered to my driveway. It was found after a teeming rain storm and is unreadable and I cannot get a replacement copy. I have notified the editor of the magazine about this issue and informed her that if this behavior continues, I will cancel my subscription.

• Ho
    Hope Alvarado Sep 28, 2019

The magazine was thrown onto my gravel driveway next to the street;not my front door. Not happy. If this is the way Architectural Digest is to be delivered I will cancel my subscription.

• Ve
    Veralisa Oct 12, 2019

Terrible. My magazines are thrown in the driveway in the pouring rain and are unreadable. I will be canceling as soon as I figure my way through the labyrinth of "helpful" websites and phone numbers. I did not ask for this service and do not want it.

Chefstein Oct 13, 2019

My magazines are being put into my newspaper box not the front door like your company advertises...

• El
    Elibetta Oct 19, 2019

Please deliver to the mailbox that is a few feet away. The magazine is always soaking wet and all the pages are stuck together. I cannot read any of the past years deliveries.
    I will cancel if I get any more pitchedon the driveway or the bushes..
    Why pay?
    Please respond.

jersey rose Oct 22, 2019

I called my magazine subscriptions and had them remove me from this awful service, just call them and ask them to remove you they will.

• Wr
    WReinike Oct 26, 2019

10/18/19 - Magazine left at the end of my driveway NOT at my doorstep as your mailing states delivery will be made. If I have to freaking walk to the end of the driveway to get the magazine, it might as well have been delivered to my mailbox which is right there! PLEASE DELIVER TO THE DOORSTEP.

Jennifer F. Oct 27, 2019

This DoorFront Direct is not convenient or in any way beneficial. My magazines were laying in the sidewalk, near the street, in the pouring rain. Rest assured, these were flung out of a car window with no attempt to get them near the porch. It rained all day, too, so the delivery person knowingly left them in the rain.

Bon Appetit and Food Network Magazines were ruined.

Complaints reported at the DoorFront Direct site get a run time error. Of course.

• Fj
    fjcard Oct 28, 2019

magazine was thrown on my driveway not put in my mailbox. doorfront direct needs to put it in the mailbox or as the name suggest leave it at the front door. if this contues i will cancel my subscription .

• Rp
    rp1917 Nov 02, 2019

The two magazines were not delivered to my front door but thrown in my driveway. Also during a heavy rain. Even though they were enclosed in plastic they were soaking wet from the rain.