Dish Network / Dish.com / removal of responsibility in divorce

United States Review updated:

Service address is 191 Thornapple Lane, Tobyhanna PA 18466. Name on account, Mark P McLaughlin. I filed for divorce 2 August 18, left the service address and moved to New Mexico in September. I have made several requests to have the bill transferred or, service removed whatever my Wife and daughter wishes to do. I have absolutely no control over any decisions they make and will not be held responsible for anything beyond my control regarding this service. I have requested to have something sent to me in writing at [protected]@yahoo.com or, my new mailing address, . 1619 Camino Del Llano # 16, . Belen, NM 87002 so that I can send proof of my situation and that divorce has been filed. I spent about two hours on the phone trying to explain this when Dish called me 12 June 19 and was not able to get my point across to the customer service representatives that I spoke to, I was passed between five representatives who were not able to help me; one of them is Erica Williams who called me from [protected]; I didn't get the names of the other representatives but was advised that the calls were recorded. I requested that either Dish initiates a lawsuit against me for the $127.10 they insist that I pay them and if they don't, then I will. I specifically asked which court has jurisdiction and what the complaint process is. My divorce lawyer charges $300/hour, I intend to bill Dish for my two hours wasted on the phone trying to resolve this issue whichever one of us files the lawsuit. I eagerly await thier response.

Ma
Jun 12, 2019

Comments

Jun 13, 2019

You waived your right to sue, so your lawyer would be pointless. Also, you can cancel the service, but if in a commitment, you’d owe the cancellation fee. Lastly, you agreed to accept full responsibility for the return of the equipment. Your personal situation about divorce has absolutely nothing to do with them. You made a material change, they did not.