Discovery Health Medical Aidterrible advice and bad customer services

A Feb 15, 2019

How does two consultants confirm telephonically that my wife and daughter can be moved from their own policy onto my policy without any hassel. Only for another consultant to tell me after cancelling cover for my wife, completing online paperwork, multiple phone calls only to be told "its not possible" and that my wife needs to "reinstate her policy"!!!

At this stage I am going to cancel all my bloody business with you for wasting my time! Thousands of rands a month for terrible service!

All I wish to do is consolidate my cover on a single policy to make everyones life easier. Secondly you require paperwork for my step daughter, but I can not email only fax or physically deliver??? What planet do you live on

• Ni
    Ni-Shaat Ahjum Oct 15, 2019

Good day all

I am here to assist with any ongoing medical aid queries.

I have ten years of experience investigating and resolving medical aid queries and have an indepth understanding of the complex medical aid landscape.

I will take the admin away from following up on queries and will give you an update every 48 hours on the progress of your query.

Straight forward queries may be addressed and resolved easily via the numerous channels available but any more complex queries may take longer to resolve and following up with a big corporate can be time consuming and exhausting.

Let me take over your query for a mere R100 initial consultation fee for the first hour. Thereafter I will only bill the balance of R100 upon resolution of your query. Kindly note sometimes the feedback received may not be positive as there is a legislative framework which needs to be adhered to. In this instance I will provide a detailed explanation behind the rationale and ways to avoid a future occurrence.

Maggie Booysen Jul 12, 2019

Try getting pregnant and not having the benefit of giving labour in a private hospital. I have been asked to do a scan by our GP - and GP's don't do scans. GP referred me to the Gynae (which is on our panel) and I had to pay for the urine tests, scans - everything. Even Gynae visit.
    It would have been better going to Karl Bremer for labour. I am still pregnant and stressed out. I do not know whether this medical aid will cover the birth of my unborn child.
    I was given the option to going to Government hospital.

• Li
    Linda8448 Feb 28, 2019

We have just had the same situation. In our case their were about 5 different answers and reasoning before denied. FED UP! Their reviews are extremely concerning too!