Discount Tire — tire warranty
07 August 2012:
Discount Tire; Tomball, TX (Acting Manager Chad) Refused to honor the balance warranty on my tires that were 3/32 tread x 2 rear and 5/52 front x 2. Tires had very even wear.
I had previously purchased a life time balance from Discount Tire. Discount Tire would not honor the life time balance because I refused to allow them to rotate my tires. The Manager said I was required to put the 3/32 tread tires on the front and he had a movie for me to watch instructing that had to be done. However there was no proven data for my make, model car or tire tread design that proved it to be safer for the tires to be rotated that way with my tread depth. I know my driving habits; the roads I travel and condition of those roads, and have driven more than a million personal & professional safe miles and can safely determine the best location for my tires and extended mileage usage.
The bottom line is I purchased a life time warranty for balancing and Discount Tire "REFUSED" to honor it on the tires that met DOT tread depth and conditions of the warranty.
I tried to resolve this probable with the national & regional Discount personal through fb multi-media and the response was the message would be forwarded to the regional office and they would be in contact with me. That has been over a week ago with no further actions.
More Discount Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Discount Tire - fired after twenty years on the job
- Discount Tire - lost my wheel lock key
- Discount Tire - discount tire destroyed our car
- Discount Tire - beware of fraudulent warranty and bad work
- Discount Tire - racism
- Discount Tire - defective tires
- Discount Tire - new tires / tpms broke sensor now inside new tire
- Discount Tire - do not honor their rebates
- Discount Tire - tires to be mounted
- Discount Tire - service repair