Direct Auto Insurancedenied claim

I have full coverage insurance with direct auto. My vehicle
was totaled due to icy conditions. No other vehicle was involved and my car was
totaled. It took direct auto over 30 days to reply to my claim and when they
did they denied my claim stating that I had undisclosed drivers and vehicles in
my household. Undisclosed drivers is a 15 years old who just turned 15 in
January who does not even have a permit. The other supposedly undisclosed
driver is my daughter who has her own car and insurance who has never driven my
car, who is currently staying at my address while she works things out with her
boyfriend. She is not a permanent resident of my household. I have no car, no
car rental coverage and still have to make payments on the vehicle that was
totalled. In addition to denying my claim, they have requested I pick up my
vehicle from the towing company which will cost me $436.00 and is at a tow
company out of state. I have no available cash, especially since I have had to
take a cab back and forth to work for the last 30 days. It has been very
difficult to get any response from this insurance company. I asked to speak to
a supervisor, I was put through to his voice mail, I left a message on
3/14/2014, he never called me back. When I called again and spoke with the
adjuster, she was very unprofessional, talked about her heartburn, told me to
hold on while she looks for her medicine, and then told me she didn't have my
file, that she would call me back. I later received a call stating I was denied
due to my daughter staying at my house. I have never been informed that a
visitor in the house had to be added to auto insurance. The company is trying
to get out of a simple property claim on any technicality they can find, it
seems like. There was no other vehicle involved in the accident.

I don't understand how this could happen, by law we have to
carry auto insurance. This is so unacceptable, the stress that has been created
by this insurance company has been worse than the stress of the accident

Squadfather1 Apr 13, 2014

No one is going to help you because you are a nut-nibbling ### pirate. So give it up, gaylord. Hope this helps.

• Bl
    bluebox42 Apr 03, 2014

I just signed up with another insurance carrier today to cover a an old car a friend is going to loan to me. I told this new insurance company everything the same as when I signed up with the old one. They told me I didn't need to have my 15 year old son on my policy as he has no drivers license, so why would I put him on the policy. I just received my denial letter from direct auto and says nothing of the reasons behind denying my claim other than undisclosed information, and the undisclosure isn't even listed. They are just trying to frustrate me to the point of giving up. I have reported them to the Attorney General, Illinois consumers insurance and the BBB. I hope they are able to help me. I just don't understand how these companies can just rip people off and get away with it. It's the law to have car insurance, hopefully, "the law" will help me settle my claim. In the mean time, it has been such a struggle with rides to and from work.

Squadfather1 Mar 26, 2014

Oh, brother...of course, anyone who sees through your b.s. "works for Direct Auto." You're the one who needs help since you raised a daughter who is the town's best-known mudshark cum guzzler. Hope this helps, "bluebox42."

• Bl
    bluebox42 Mar 25, 2014

Hey Squadfather, find a life and an education. You probably work for direct auto.

Squadfather1 Mar 24, 2014

There is nothing to report, "out of pocket investor, " the claim was denied correctly.

Do you even lift?

• Ou
    out of pocket investor Mar 23, 2014

Typical of insurance Compamies (and scammers). Don't you have a Consumer Protection or Trading Standards Dept you can report them to?

Squadfather1 Mar 22, 2014

The claim was denied correctly. The undisclosed driver is your daughter's married black boyfriend. Great parenting there, "bluebox42."

• Do
    DOUG LINTON Feb 03, 2012

CANCELLEDE POLICY NEXT DAY DUE TO TRIPLE PRICE OF PROGRESSIVE, DIRECT WILL NOT REFUND MONEY

Comment Guidelines