Dick's Sporting Goodsgolf club grips and installation

G

I went in to dicks a couple of weeks ago to look at golf grips. When i found a few I liked I asked the associate how much it would cost to have them put on. He told me if I buy 10 or more grips he would put them on for free. I told him I would do more research on line and probably return next week with my clubs. After doing some research I decided to go back and make my purchase. I chose the GP MCC MID BKRED grips.
I verified the price of the grips (2.99 per grip) with the associate (same guy who I initially saw) and mentioned that I'm buying 12 grips so there should be no charge for putting them on. He said that was a special they were running and he wasn't sure if that offer was still valid. He told me he would put the order in for me and then I should bring the order slip up to the cashier and she will tell me then if installing the grips were indeed free. I thought this was weird - shouldn't a guy who works in the golf department know if this "special" is still going on.
After much discussion with the cashier it was decided I will not be getting my free install. So I paid the xtra $25.88 and was told I would be called the next day when my clubs were done. The impression I got was they would be ready in the morning so I made plans to test out my new grips by playing 9 holes later that day. When I still hadn't received a call by mid afternoon I called and was told by the same associate that they were ready an hour ago but he didn't call me b/c his phone was tied up. I think I should've been told on that 1st day that the free install is a limited time offer. The way it was presented to me I assumed it was Dick's on-going policy to give free installs as long as you bought 10 or more grips. I realize I could've backed out of the purchase but by now I didn't feel like spending any more time on this by shopping elsewhere.
Btw the sales associate in the golf depart was very friendly and seemed to know his stuff - fitting me with a mid size grip that he said would fit my game best.