Diamond Resort Internationaltimeshare

L

My husband and I have had points since 2008. We signed up for a timeshare not a construction project to include structural engineers and "crumbling buildings" (DRI representative’s words). We certainly did not sign up for "threats to be made to us with legal action and costly collective proceedings" if anyone can't afford to pay. We have ALWAYS paid our fees on time and paid off our original purchase obligation from the beginning of the agreement.

As a homeowner I would NEVER be allowed to let the maintenance go on my own home to the point that your company has said that these buildings are in disrepair. If there are structural issues, than what we wonder is how come these buildings are still being occupied. I spoke to a DRI representative from your corporate office in Las Vegas several weeks ago, and in his words he said that the buildings are crumbling and have to be rebuilt. With the economy the way it is, folks losing their jobs, and families barely surviving where are you suggesting they just come up with thousands of dollars to cover the cost of rebuilding the Point @ Poipu? They obviously have to get up every day and go to work to support yourself and possibly a family. Well Sir, so do we. We have to go to work not because we are home bored but because we do have families to support. Thank the GOOD LORD above that some of us have jobs to support our family but when we bought the timeshare the economy was not in the shape it is now. My husband and I would like to know how you suggest we sell our share with the entire internet country buzzing about the poor housing conditions that the Point @ Poipu is in. We are hardworking individuals that take pride in always doing the right thing but to have threats made to us is totally unacceptable as we do take GREAT offense. I do hope that this is a great big misunderstanding?

In August of this year we visited the Point @ Poipu and attended the “Points update 90 minute meeting.” The meeting turned into nothing but a sales pitch to purchase more points at the tune of $6000.00. The Sales Manager, from Maui happened to be in Kauai and sat in at the end to try an close a deal with us. He told us with the points were currently have that if something were to happen to us then our children would be in a position of not having equal points to split amongst themselves. However, if we purchased additional points we would not be showing favoritism toward our children. We were truly disgusted by his unethical tactics. When we objected to purchasing additional points the sales staff became rude and shuffled us into a small room to answer a few questions regarding how we were handled during the presentation. It was such a joke!

Most importantly during the presentation the water assessment issue and increase in fees were never addressed!

• As the President of the United States, I am here to tell you that time share companies are, at their very core, a scam. Me and Sarah Palin went in on one and it was a total disaster. The maids never cleaned up the place, and they charged my White House credit card like 12 times. Easy monthly payments my Presidential butt. Anyway, try to avoid them. They tell you you can stay free for a week if you listen to their advertising spiel, but then it lasts all day, and afterward you're so tired that all you want to do is go to bed. Every day you don't buy gets you another day of torture in a tiny conference room watching a Powerpoint presentation and listening to some guy in a suit drone on and on about what a great deal it is. Did you ever see that episode of South Park where the boys go to the time share, and Cartman gives Butters a [censored]ler mustache? It's just like that. I am the President, and I approve this message.

Comments