Deptford Family Dentalhad to see the surgeon for no reason

I initially set-up an appointment with Deptford Family Dental for a teeth cleaning, and while there they found that I had two cavities. I made an appointment with the general dentist to have the cavities filled, and she told me that I had to have my 4 wisdom teeth removed, saying "they're not doing you any favors". I asked if she could remove my wisdom teeth and she said no and that I had to make an appointment with the oral surgeon. So, after my cavities were taken care of, I made an appointment to see the oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. The appointment fee to see this surgeon was $100 (with my insurance). I went in on November 20th to see him, and within 1 minute 30 sec. he said there is no reason for you to have any of your teeth removed. He left the room and a tech came in and walked with me to the front to schedule my 6 month follow-up for a cleaning. I made the appointment but shortly after called and talked to the receptionist about what the hell had just happened. I told her to cancel my appointment and take me out of their system permanently. If the oral suregeon determined within less than 2 minutes that I didnt have to have my wisdom teeth removed, then why did the general dentist so adamently claim that I had to have surgery? Was it to just have me see the surgeon and pay an obtrusive amount of money for a 90 second consultation?
That's ridiculous.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices