Dell Financial Services — unresolved account problem!
I bought a computer from Dell last summer for 1815.77 and financed it for three months of free interest. Big mistake, as this means dealing with Dell Financial. I paid through Visa in full in Oct. of 2007. Visa paid Dell Computer. Dell Computer still has my full payment. Dell Financial (DFS) went into my bank account and took payments in Nov and Dec. Dell Financial won't trace this payment and backdate it. They are also rude to the point of being abusive. They just say they aren't Dell computers and blame me for paying the wrong company. I spent a lot of my time at the bank getting them the confirmation number and Dell reference number (at their behest) but they wouldn't do anything after I did.
I finally, after much frustration, found a Dell Computer rep. (it wasn't easy, but he was on the BBB website as a contact). He has traced the payment. He wanted the same information I had already given Dell finance. When he found the payment, he said it had been flagged by Dell Finance because they don't accept transfer balance payments. I guess they make more interest that way.
I am still waiting for this refund. Instead of refunding me the total, Dell charged another 1815.77 to Visa account. Apparently this was reversed and it should be in my credit card account one day soon. When they do refund it, I am supposed to pay DFS. For certain, Dell finance is going to try to charge me interest on the total as though I hadn't paid in full on Oct. 2. I am going to face months of problems. I have already received calls and a letter regarding my Januray payment.
I don't like dealing with DFS at all because they're so rude. I am probably going to need a lawyer to deal with the ###. I've already spent hours and hours...
The moral of the story is don't do Dell. Not ever.
More Dell Financial Services Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
- Dell Precision M6400 - dell gold support
- Dell - inspiron 20 3000 3043
- Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop - abject customer service
- Dell Canada - false advertising
- Dell 924 Printer - printer is trash!