Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Computers & Accessories Dell Don't buy from them!

Dell  -  Don't buy from them!

M
Author of the complaint
3:33 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order on February 3rd 2021. Waited for about month and because there was no any communication from Dell I checked my order on their web site. I was shocked when I saw that, according to them, my laptop has been "on FedEx truck" since February 13.
I called Dell's customer service and they told me something was wrong. They created service request and placed another order. I was told the shipment will be expedited. I waited for about 10 days or so. On delivery date I stayed home but package never arrived. I checked FedEx tracking number and found that package was delivered. I called FedEx and they told me that package was delivered, but the address Dell gave them was wrong. Dell sent laptop to business some two miles away from my place. I am still shocked how customer service person who placed an order could put wrong address even though in the system they have the correct one. Anyway, I called Dell's customer service again, they acknowledged their error and told me somebody will call me to fix this after their accounting department approves the second order. I got an email that the second order was approved, but nobody called me. I waited several days and finally I called customer service one more time. Of course, I wanted to elevate this issue because the whole situation was ridiculous. After going with CS reps back and forth for several minutes, I finally was able to talk to supervisor. He listened to me, checked my claims and took an issue in his hands. So, after almost THREE months I finally got the machine.
I know that Dell does not care about me and people like me, but I would heartily suggest them to move customer service from India. One CS rep that I talked to was in environment with a lot of kids. I could not hear him at all that how kids were loud. He unsuccessfully tried to find quieter place. It was so unprofessional and Dell should be embarrassed.
This was so painful experience that I promised myself never buy anything from Dell even if my life would depend on that.

More Dell complaints & reviews

Dell - hard drive failures
Dell - defective tv, poor service
Dell - dell is a scam
Dell - defective product - horrible service
Dell - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!
Dell - dell gold support
Dell - abject customer service
Dell - false advertising
1 comments
J
Jul 11, 2021 1:43 pm

You can thank Dell and many other fortune 500 companies that now shipped most of their business dealings to 3rd world countries, like HP, Bookings.com and Straight Talk of which I am aware of Dell uses India, Bookings uses Taiwan, , and Straight talk the Phillipines. You will never get anyone that speaks English without an answer. If you've watched that Marigold Holtel movie, there are scenes to whichan English woman is showing them how to speak to English customer, but the sad fact is that when you call these people do read off the script given to them. If ou ask them to deviate, to think outside the box, they aren't allowed to. They have to speak to a supervisor whom I sure his bonus rides on keeping customer complaints down, so their actions are to put you on hold for 30 or more mins and hangup. or they just hangup on you when they can't answer a question posed to them. If you still have or missing your machine, the best thing to do complain, complain complain like I have been in hopes someone cares but I think most companies like Dell or fortune 500 stopped caring shiipped these American Jobs to these 3rd world countries over profits, good service and support for their product. They are becoming what the foreign cars were when they first arrived, cheaply made and cheap. They improved, this is just the revere, I wish you all the best.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

508 complaints