Deal Extremefraudulent company

B

I purchased an HDMI to HDMI/optical audio switcher from Deal Extreme. They sent me the wrong item. In order to return items to them, you have to take a picture of it and the envelope it is sent in and upload it to an e-mail, which I did. Even though they had a picture of the item that stated what the item was, they sent an e-mail back and asked me to describe the item, which I did.

After much e-mailing back and forth (I have copies of all the e-mails), Monica stated that they don't have the item in stock and they would refund my money if I found a way to ship it back to them. She promised to reimburse my shipping costs as well. UPS showed they received it on 1/5. I sent them copies of my receipts from UPS showing the date and cost of shipping. I e-mailed them 3 times from 1/9 and 1/31; they did not respond to any of these e-mails. I later found out by going to their website that they were gone from 1/24 -1/31 for the Chinese New Year, but there was no auto reply to my messages.

After waiting for a month, I finally contacted my credit card company and explained the situation. They were very helpful and stated that I would not be responsible for the purchase price. Only then did I receive an auto reply from Deal Extreme stating that they received a request to cancel the order. When I replied telling them what has been occurring, they replied that the item was shipped on 12/6 and do I have proof that I returned the item. They still have not refunded my money, although I am having the CC company deal with them on that. They also have not refunded the return shipping costs.

Deal Extreme is either staffed by totally incompetent personnel or they are a disreputable company. Either way, like Robert, my advice is don't do business with them. I wish I would have googled this company before doing business with them, there appear to be other complaints there as well.

• Ot
    otman Jan 30, 2017

Make a complaint did not I receive my item from the site dealextreme

• Ad
    aDXBuy Aug 08, 2014

Hello i made an order over 3 month ago for OBD2 scanner and i never received it
    i tried to contact deal extreme but they still close the sale without my confirmation of receiving. Asked for refund my money, but straight away rejected the request.

very bad online store !!! Please don't buy from them.

• Bo
    Bound for pNG Apr 30, 2013

I just bought from this company and didn't realize that it would be shipped from Singapore. When I got the package 3 weeks later 2 of the items were not in the package. The one items that did arrive was complete rubbish.

• Terryrox Jan 17, 2013

I notified these pieces of work am filing offial complaint with my state's better business bureau after waiting over 21/2 months.If they ask me how long to drop complaint I'll tell them 2 weeks.People should read these reviews BEFORE getting scammed.I know now.

• Rd
    rdandrea Dec 31, 2012

I have ordered many items from DealExtreme. They have only screwed up one order on me and they made good on it. Yes, they are a little hard to contact, but I chalk much of that up to the US-Hong Kong time difference. I always get emails answered within a day or so. They seem to have a new order tracking system which seems to not work so well. I'm still getting emails asking me if I received an order I received six months ago.

As far as shipping times, they ship Hong Kong post, so expect it to take a few weeks, which isn't bad considering the hand-off from HK Post to Customs to USPS. I think as long as you know to expect a month or so wait, they're fine (especially considering their prices.)

Amazon they're not. They are what they are, which is slow and cheap. Crooked they're not, at least in my experience. I've never been cheated out of any money. If you have doubts, use PayPal and file a claim on any problem within the proper time period.

ANarchy is Key Nov 15, 2012

DealExtreme are Absolutely thieves and rip-off artists!!...I got 3 things from them and ALL were broke! At least they did in fact send the items... Now I think what makes me the most angry is that they have a "RETURNS" tab on their site, but if you ever try to use it, you'll find out it is inoperative. After asking for every piece of information, including telling you to take pics of the items, the SUBMIT button will not work!! It is absolutely infuriating! Do you really think every one of these complaints is made up or something? Who would waste their time like that? Take the warning! Or risk your money! I'm not writing this for MY health...

Then they have the gall to email you and ask for a review of the broken item!! I gave a review explaing everything wrong with it (In this case a poorly made famiclone with built in games that won't play or output video) and Big Surprise, the SUBMIT button wouldn't work...So I emailed them back (Mailer demon failure)...They don't want to hear your complaints. Avoid them like the plague!

And to those who think a few complaints is OK, like it doesn't matter if a company rips off a few people as long as most are satisfied...How will you feel when it is YOU who are ripped off?

And if I have a complaint with someone like Amazon, they do not have a broken system designed to P*ss people off further when they try to complain legitimately...They would sac-up and handle the complaints, not give the run around on purpose!

All I can say is if you see something you like on DX, then order it from someone reputable...Someone else!

samplerman Apr 14, 2012

My first order with DealExtreme was a somewhat pleasant one. They are not easy to contact and take forever to ship. My last order is a nightmare. Ordered a set of cables a couple of months ago...after complaining they sent me an email stating the order was shipped. That was a month ago and still no product. And there is no mention on my DE account...plus no shipping tracking number. They have stopped communications with me. Not a reputable complany, in my opinion.

• Be
    Benny2012 Mar 18, 2012

Hello i made an order over 2 month ago for web camera and i never received it
    i tried to contact deal extreme but they didn't answer me

very bad online store !!!

Joules Vern Feb 14, 2012

I'm very disappointed. They put In Stock label on every product, but that's not true. Deal Extreme never ships in time. This seller takes your money immediately after purchasing, but items are often out of stock. When you try to refund money back they just don't let you contact them.

dealmeout.com Dec 27, 2011

Why do people bother with dealextreme?? They slash the price down to earn a few megre dollars but that's "clean" few dollars - grab the money and have communication non-existent.

Every other legitimate company dealing with same products with great service and communication cannot compete because DX doesn't need to deal with after sales service, warranties or things that don't work. It's perfect for them. And you know what? I don't pity the people who buy from them. They asked for it when they click "Pay" on dealextreme's checkout.

Zdenek Dec 22, 2011

>> 3 hrs 6 mins ago by dealextreme
    Many companies have a habit of not answering e-mails. In fact, once a company grows to certain size, it almost always starts ignoring all complaints.
    And about Dealextreme in particular: You don't have an idea what hard work is. This is Far East, man! You and I may think our job is hard, but we are lazy by Asian standards. The workers at DX are probably grateful for a pause to drink plain water. And they are also glad they have this top job by Asian standards. They also can't speak English.
    If you want to complain, you best place your efforts over the American/whatever western government. That is the only thing you may be supposed to influence.

dealextreme Dec 22, 2011

I ordered several items that DX didn't deliver. They don't inform you and don't answer mails. Like PayPal, a lousy company

• Ca
    cathy2082011 Dec 06, 2011

Dealextreme is a famous company which sells cheap gadgets and electronics .Now in china, there is many website which are similar to dealextreme.This in some degree is a good news for us buyers .For we can compare the price and quality and the delivery time and so on .As to the E-shops, they must improve their core competitiveness to win this Electric business war.
    Here I’d like to add some more e-shops here:
    www.geminideal.com, a new web, which is the most like dealextreme, both the products and the style of web are nearly the same but price are much cheaper, you can try to find in this web before you decide to buy in dealextreme .
    Miniinthebox.com, another web from lightinthebox, it has many attractive items with good looks and it has been the largest E-company in China .
    www.dinolong.com
    www.focusprice.com

• Si
    silverace Jul 12, 2011

I made an order and paid on the 19thJune 2011, $357, after 2 weeks no sign of dispatch my goods, contact support, not one single reply whatsoever, open a dispute on Paypal on the 4th July 2011, guess what? havean autoreponder (for who may not know what is autoresponder emails are, which they are already been setup automaticly send when some step happens), email send refund successful as the same time as the Paypal dispute was open, what a joke! contact them again, no reply as usual...I must open claim right away otherwise i will never see my money again..DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY dealextreme! what a disgrace!

Zdenek Apr 01, 2011

To DealExtremeAreThieves: This person seeks to gain popularity by creating ad-hoc hateful accounts. I am not willing to register on Facebook to report him, but please do if you have had an okay experience with DX.
    I already have lots of rare stuff thanks only to DX and I won't stop being grateful. And DealExtremeAreThieves, stop acting like a Bloodhound Gang singer to your postman and you shall get your packages.

DealExtremeAreThieves Apr 01, 2011

THIEVES. If you've been ripped off by DX, like thousands of others, join my group or page. This is my only option since DX stopped responding and it's too late for Paypal to do anything. I want to hear your story about how they let you down or ripped you off. With enough participation we can turn this into a class-action lawsuit and recover our money.

This company makes cheap goods available because they can offset the poor profit margin by simply not sending out 5% of their orders, and pretending it got lost in the mail until the 45-day validity period in PayPal expires, and then never refunding. This leaves you in a position where you can do absolutely nothing to get your money back.

I have gone to a lot of effort to start this cause against DealExtreme because I cannot stand that they are able to get away with this, and their customers and potential customers need to be aware of how they operate.
    Help us expose them by telling us your story:

(Page)
    or
    (Group)

• Ki
    Kido Mar 17, 2011

I ordered an item from DX on 19 Feb 2011 and today it is 16 Mar 2011. I have sent four messages about my product but no answer. The forum rooms are literally full of complaints. There are two known repeat posters that state that work is being done to resolve issues but that is yet to be seen. In a few days, it'll be one full month since my initial order without knowing if my order was packaged and shipped. I may never get my money nor my package ever.

Zdenek Jan 31, 2011

Yes, it does take long. Between September and October there is a huge holiday and then November to February there are Xmas and the Chinese new year. The longest order records have been 5 months for restocking and 35 days for shipment. But I still accept that for the price.

• Bl
    bluerose0 Jan 30, 2011

I ordered on jan 8. Today is Jan 30 and I am still waiting for my order to arrive. There is no tracking number, no one is replying to my emails. it was a birthday gift and I ordered 2 weeks before, but now the purpose is lost. I am hopelessly waiting for this to atleast get here. It is my first time order with them so I am not even sure about the quality. Such a pain!!!

• Ph
    Phlex Jul 18, 2010

I have brought from Deal Extreme about 5 times, Spent more than $400.00USD. Plus they send me a Refund back... 1st Order took about 12 days, after that it took less than 10 to get my items (USPS)... Great stuff at the Best Prices...

Zdenek Jun 13, 2010

I have ordered about 20 items from them so far. Only one item was broken, but I fixed it. There were no wrong items. Most things arrive in 14 days, only some that were clearly marked as out of stock took up to 2 months. I currently have all but one that is back-ordered, but I am confident that it will arrive just fine.
    Their support lacks indeed, but even with a few glitches, it is still by far the cheapest shop I can buy from.

• Un
    unlisted Mar 09, 2010

Dealextreme is a worthless business, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
    I placed an order with them in Feb 2010, they got paid by Paypal within 4 hours and they have not shipped my order after a month.
    HERE ARE FACTS ABOUT THE COMPANY..
    1) They advertise a "Live Chat" feature, it is false, it does not work and it is NEVER manned.
    2) They don't have a valid email address that you can use to contact them
    3) They NEVER answer their phones.
    4) They have literally THOUSANDS of complaint son their forums site.
    5) They take weeks to answer any posted service tickets
    6) They LIE on their website, they say when you order that it takes 1-3 days and during the season, 10 days, its MONTHS.
    7) They make your Paypal 45 day complaint time-line for disputes run out and then STEAL your money.
    Go look at their forums, you will see THOUSANDS of customers that have been ripped off.
    I suggest that you deal with their competitor, they are in the same city and sell the same items.
    They have a MANNED live chat EVERY NIGHT 5 days a week, they answer their emails, they ship the SAME DAY, Using overnight FedEx and UPS, you get your order within 72 hours!
    Shop at WWW.CHINAVISION.COM

• Eg
    egefl1 Nov 23, 2009

I am a regular person just like you. I live in Laurel Maryland. I have ordered many things and I just ordered more items from them. the only issue I had was something simple. I ordered a USB bluetooth mini dungle thingy and it does not interact with Vista. I also ordered a few USB mini Card readers and they really sucked quality wise. but for a $1.13 cents what would I expect.. anyways RayGunn you may have a different experience and It could be a whole different issue. the only thing "I can say its my experience has been positive and Its the only thing I am posting.. why would i bash a business who as of today it has served me accoringdly. I have many friends who have introduced me to this site that can say only positive things just like me. but hey, you are entitle to vent all you want. Good luck BTw...

• Ra
    RayGunn Nov 23, 2009

StealExtreme is a horrible company to do business with. They took three weeks to ship, and they shipped the incorrect items to me two times in a row. Each time it took a month to get them to respond to my emails, and I just got a form letter telling me nothing helpful.

When I demanded a credit card refund they told me it was after 60 days from my first order, so no go.

If you post here saying that they are a great company, I suspect you are a DealExtreme employee or owner.

• Sw
    Switchman Sep 10, 2009

I just have a bit of advice for any Internet shopper: when you buy from a new site, buy something small and see how they behave as far as shipping speed, tracking, email contact, etc. Also see if they have a phone number and business address for contact purposes. If you are thinking of buying something pricey, call and see if you can get an actual person quickly and how you are treated. Ask questions. And always check the NET for complaints!

• To
    tomcar Sep 08, 2009

what are you talking about???
    i'm always buying there!

did you manage to reach them?
    did you talked to this guy? www.dxfact.com

• Eg
    egefl1 Jun 10, 2009

I am currently waiting on my second order from this company. I have not yet had any issues with them. the products I ordered where accordingly and worked fine. this time I ordered small ticket items but spend a total of about 39.00 dollars. hope everything is well again.

anyways, this is my only experience with them. no negative feed back yet.

• Bl
    b.l Jun 10, 2009

You should learn what to buy from these websites. Why make big purchases on a website you dont trust. I order things from dealextreme all the time and I rarely get any problems except backorder issues once in a while. Everything on the website is made in china, so you should think twice about spending such a large amount of money in the first place.

• Bi
    bigpaul Apr 22, 2009

I have ordered four times in the past 9 months from dealextreme.com without any negative experiences. It should be noted that for the most part, they were all small-ticket items (highest priced item was $92USD), but all the products did work and were as advertised. On the very first order, I had a problem with a mini-cd that contained a driver for a dongle I purchased. I did go through the published procedure (took a picture, etc.) and they shipped me a replacement (actually, they shipped the dongle, too!) at no cost to me. Maybe I have just been lucky, but so far I am satisfied with this company and their products. Just my two cents.

• Do
    dontbuydealextream Apr 22, 2009

i bought a memory adapter and it was not working.. deal extreme has the worst product ever. i think they got their product from the trash.

• Do
    donNshelly Mar 05, 2009

Amen to all of the above:

They scammed me on this damn Flashlight that will NOT work, and no-one will reply, and Pay Pal is NOT helping at all.

255.44 usd down the drain...

John J Feb 25, 2009

Deal Extreme is either completely crooked or the worst run business in the history of the internet.

Either way, no one should ever buy from them no matter how good the prices look.

Although you may get a good price on something, the amount of interest that could accrue on the money spent before you actually receive anything could be the difference in buying something for a few dollars more at another store.

They are completely and utterly incompetent, probably crooked, and they epitomize "bad business".