Dazzlesmile / Premium Whitethought it was free trial but turned out to be not what it seemed

J

Requested 14 day trial didn't get chance to read terms and conditions - not very clear. Checked on web-site the day after I had ordered trial and realised I had been had. This was initially an ad for 2 companies (a mother saying she used two produts to whiten her teeth). Alta White Teeth Whitening and Dazzle Smile. I can't believe how stupid I was to sign up for both of them as the ad suggested. I cancelled both of them the day after when I had chance to read the terms and conditions. The Altra White gave the return address on their cancellation email but DazzleSmile didn't. I sent the Altra White samples back 1 week ago and after paying for postage and package I hope I won't be charged anything further on my credit card. However, the Dazzle Smile has just arrived today and the only address on the package is a DHL Global Packaging address in England - so I don't know where to send the products back to. I am beginning to panic as I don;t want any more charges on my credit card. I don't mind paying the postage and package for the 2 trials but not anything further when I cancelled the day after. Does anyone know the address where I can send this product back to make sure I don't run out of time. I am devastated I will never ever sign up for anything again on the internet. Hope somebody can help me with a return address. P.S. I have informed my credit card company and told them not to pay any further amounts out after the postage/packing charges and they say if any are posted to my card they will be contested but I am still really worried.

• Fl
    FL_man Nov 08, 2009

You need to call them to GET a RMA number and ASK them for the return address. However, NO guarantee they will not charge your card after that( someone in this site complained that he got multiple charges even after returning the trials). Furthermore, other third parties will also charge your card without your knowledge. The best solution is that call your CC company saying that your card is lost so they will issue a new number for you. Good luck.

• Lu
    Lucymax Nov 09, 2009

Marketing to (geared toward teens) teens under 18 and not being clear about the terms with them when they are spoken to on the phone about how to return the product they do not want (the free trial product). We were charged with 400 dollars worth of charges in a months time that are non-refundable. Cleanwhite was attached to the dazzlesmile offer and both companies claim to not know/be affliated with each otther. Also at the bottom of the page there is an "opt out" option that is very small and easily missed for a fitness email club that cost a non-refundable 25 dollars. We were not aware of this email club and do not have anyway even use it but we paid 25.00 for it and cannot get it back. DO NOT GO to this webite: http://www.premiumwhite.net/ ...the CATCH is to cancel the free trial within 14 days or you get charged 79.00 for it and if you don't cancel the whole account (not just he trial product itself but the whole offer) you get shipped and automatically charged 89.00 for a non-returnable/non-refundable product. AND WHEN TOLD HOW TO RETURN THE product that came with the trial product, the people on the phone do not give you the proper directions and you MUST go by what the website says and return via UPS. When we called to return the product: the people on the phone said just write "refused return to sender" and stick it back into the mail box... we learned later after being charged again that this is NOT the correct way to do it, we need to go by the net instructions and return via UPS.

• Lu
    Lucymax Nov 09, 2009

we go taken for 400 dollars in one months time due to this "free trial" and terms are NOT clearly stated and the company was advertised geared toward teens!!

• Al
    ali40 Nov 10, 2009

This is the address I got from them:

The return Address for Premium white is:
    Premium White
    22100 E. 26 th Ave, #100
    Aurora, CO 80019

These poeple are crooks and should be put out of business. I signed up for the free trial offer as well and they subscribed me to all kinds of things and sent me an email confirming the $1.95 charge, but they had charged my Credit Crad for $48.92 and were planning to charge even more and then on monthly basis. I attempted to cancel withing minutes and talked to three separate people and they said they will have to ship and then I will have to return and then another one dropped a bomb that they were going to charge me anothe $80 come November 2o.
    THESE PEOPLE ARE DISHONEST. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. cHECK COMPLAINTS BEFORE YOU ORDER ANYTHING. ALI

Ali

sammynj Nov 18, 2009

dazzle smile? not quite, more like dazzle foot work so we can't find them!
    I have been billed twice, each time $87 & change. so far a total of $175!
    all for a free trial sample and guess what? the number we had has been disconnected [protected]
    I found this on Comcast.net home page, so in my view it is false advertising.
    I am very dissappointed with Comcast as well, they should know who they are doing business with!

WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS STOPPED FOR EVER A MONTH NOW!

sally316 Dec 07, 2009

I ordered a "free trial" of the tooth whitening product. All I was told was that I would pay a shipping fee of $2.95. On Dec. 6, 2009 I went on the bank web site to check on my balance and discovered a charge of $86 +. This was an unauthorized charge. I called the company and was told that the order was for a "free trial" not a "free product". and that it was clearly stated on the website-it was not clearly stated or I would not have ordered it! I had a phone call about the product and told them that I did not want to commit to anything until I had a chance to try it. There was nothing else mentioned about returning the product or a charge for it.
    I have the product, unopened, and told the operator that I would return it. I was then told that there was a 30 day return policy (never told about that either) and the 30 days ("conveniently") ended yesterday. I would like to know how I can get my money refunded.

• Li
    lisaf Dec 09, 2009

Do not buy from these people, i got charged more for shipping than what i was told at the payment stage i tried cancelling but was told i couldn't and to wait for the trial offer to arrive and send it back for a refund, obviously it's all one big scam as no package has ever arrived and i am now another £55 out of pocket i have now had to cancel my debit card to avoid having them take more money from my account .

s a r Dec 18, 2009

Hi
    I also got ripped off by these people. In a matter of eleven days they have had over two hundred and seventy pounds out of my account and Barclays bank say I cannot claim back the money through them even though they let my account go over my overdraft limit by over one hundred pounds. Dont know what to do money seems to be going out daily and havent even used the supposedly free trial as dentist said I have receeding gums and it would damage them and sting and havent recieved anything more so dont know how they can justify this.
    Sheryl

• Rm
    rmred Dec 23, 2009

They are total crooks. My bank is currently setting the anti-fraud team on them. The bank knows them all too well. In the meantime I have deactivated my card. I have tried to stop my 'subscription' twice now and continue to have money removed from my account, they have given me two completely different cancellation codes and the old 'oh you must have requested trays as well... " I only ever requested the free trial and that they stop sending me anything once I realised I had been sucked in. Oh and they gel stuff burns your gums... JUST DON'T DO IT!

johnson, hj Dec 24, 2009

This company is operating as thefts, they offer a product for $1.99, when they get the credit card information they charge your card for the $1.99 plus $48.92 without your permission. Then the trial period begins at the time you place the order. The order takes time to fill and be mailed, all the time this process period is charged to you as part of your trial period. This company is operating illegally. The $48.92 charge should be listed up front, topically when a person get their statement the trial period is already over based on the way the company operates. In my case my sister told me what happenedd to her. When I went into my account information on-line and saw that the company had debited my account, I called them immediately.

However, I was not told at the time that the trial period was already into its second week because my time stated before I got the product in my hand. So how can you try a product that is in route? I am sory I did not check the complaint page before ordering the product.

To top that off...they did not want to transfer me to anyone of authority. The person kept answering the phone and saying that they could not transfer me to anyone. My account had been cancelled...of course I cancelled my card as soon as I saw the credit which I did not authorize. There is nothing you can do about companies like this the government will not stop people like these and others who advertise falsely, ripe people off and stay in business as though they are ligitimate companies. After this, little companies will not get any business from me, there is no way to validate their ligitimacy.

Andrew Bluto Jan 14, 2010

Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way.  Our goal is not to inconvenience our customers .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the top of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the top of the home page that opens up the terms and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site, we are happy to offer you a full refund if you return the unused product back to us. We have always honored our 30-day guarantee and will continue to do so.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at [protected] or visit our 24/7 live help at http://www.dazzlesmilepro.com/contactus.php and we will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

I would also like to inform you that Clean White is not our product and we don't have idea about that.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,

Thanks,