The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved CyberDefender — Don't use
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I downloaded cyberdefender from a freeware site (Yea - I know, you get what you pay for). I ran it and it found lots of problems that windows livecare didn't. However, this freeware only identifies "problems". You have to register and pay to remove these mysterious problems. Here's where it gets fun. If you decline to pay, it becomes a "virus warning" popup. I tried to uninstall but it didn't work. But boy that popup sure was working! I tried to remove it in control panel add/remove programs and that wouldn't work. Finally I went into program files and removed all files and folders that it would let me remove. I was able to disable the program so that it's not *** me off every 30 seconds, but it took an hour of diligent folder searching, etc. To get rid of it. It seems to me that cyberdefender antivirus is just plain vindictive when you decline to buy the software.
More CyberDefender Complaints & Reviews
- CyberDefender - scam
- CyberDefender - Can not uninstall from pc/do not need
- CyberDefender - SCAM and illegal practices
- CyberDefender - cannot uninstall, installed a toolbar without asking
- Cyberdefender / My Identity Defender - fruadulent company - beware!!
- Cyber Defender - killed my computer and took over 265 dollars from me
- CyberDefender - Unethical business practices
- Cyber Defender - We refuse to pay anything
- CyberDefender - Free anti-virus protetion scam
- CyberDefender - Fraudulent charge for service not rendered