Menu
CVS Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

CVS
reviews & complaints

cvs.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 3335 Reviews

CVS Complaints Summary

283 Resolved
3036 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from CVS with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for CVS has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CVS. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest CVS reviews & complaints

F
1:08 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy unethical behavior

Pharmacy manager consistently changes the prescription from what the doctor has ordered to what he (the manager) decides is best for the customer in his own opinion.
Example being: Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution 0.083% 2.5mg/3ml. My prescription is dosed at qty 75. Each time I get my prescription I'm only receiving 25. The manager insists that the prescription is for 75ml whereas my doctor prescribed 75 vials.
The manager insists that he will NOT vary from the current amount. When I question or insist, he simply says he's busy, turns and walks away.
He's also told me in the past that he won't prescribe both my regular and extended release morphine at the same time, although that's exactly what my pain management doctor has prescribed. The manager takes it upon himself to change the prescriptions at his whim.
Plus I go months without some of my medications because they're constantly "out of stock". When they say they'll be "in stock", I'm directed to call in on the next day to reaffirm my prescription rather than the pharmacy fulfilling the prescription as directed. When I call in they'll tell me to come in the next day after a given time, When I do, the meds still aren't ready and I'm told to return later that day or the next day. And sometimes it still isn't fulfilled.
They don't meet their own announced pickup times. Almost every prescription is later than when they tell me to pick it up, including the restocked meds. I don't live close to the pharmacy so repeat trips are a big inconvenience.

10:26 am EST

CVS Pharmacy

they mailed my medicine on the 8th it never areived and they do nothing. I called 13 toimes and 2 complaints with post office and 1 complaint with customer service.

Nothing . Im pissed off and return t rite aid
Sat 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
tracking number : [protected] [protected]

IM [censored]ing Pissed

my e mail [protected]@twc.com only no calls

G
6:41 pm EST

CVS Disinfectant spray

I am a retired senior, military retired disabled vet. I have a hard moving around so I get very upset when as many times that I frequent your stores at 3127 macon rd and 4561 river rd, columbus, georgia I ask for disinfectant spray and am always told a barrage of answers (we are out, none came in, you have to come early after the trucks come in etc.) I don't why you never have any because I believe you do, it is being saved for friends or employees, whatever. I only know this I have been using your stores for many years and can not get anyone to set a can or some cans aside for me. I would appreciate any help that you can give me. I talk to friends at the senior center on fort benning and they have the problems too. I know the stuff gets shipped because I wrote a letter to clorox and lysol and was told that there is plenty out there. So where is it? George aiken, 5113 morris ave. Columbus, ga. [protected]

S
5:57 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy department

The is a pharmacist at the Nashville Indiana store named Brenden (or Brendan?) who constantly refuses to fill prescriptions for any opiates for the town. He and some of the others have taken it upon themselves to decide what medications people can and can't get. In my case, it was a prescription a dentist gave me after yanking out the large molar on the upper left side. That is the biggest tooth and requires cutting. CVS told me the insurance company turned it down and wouldn't pay for it, and they still refused to just let me pay cash. The insurance company actually told me that the request to pay for the med was never submitted and that they have no rules about paying cash.

M
7:39 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy staff

I work at a doctor's office and within the last 2 days have called the CVS on Robb Drive in Reno 4 times and spoke with 3 different staff members (Dawn, Jesse & Tiffany) all which have had attitudes and made comments such as "well were busy so it will get done when it gets done" from Dawn & "we have 560 prescriptions right now so I have to go" from Jesse. I would never be a customer there if this is the response they give medical professionals. We are the patient advocates and it's terrible that I have to call 4 times regarding multiple patients to follow up. We are a doctor's office in the middle of a pandemic we are also busy and to get a response like that from the pharmacy is not only unreal but unprofessional on so many levels.

12:06 pm EST

CVS Theft regarding purse

My complaint is in regards to an orchestrated theft on Wednesday December 16, 2020 at 520 South State Chicago, Illinois [protected] at 10:06am.

I arrived at CVS around 9:52AM; however upon prior to entering the store I notice a tall black male entering as well. I then proceeded into the store and requested if I could place my bags due to the policies in certain CVS stores; however the Manager did not mind. I then placed the bags near the register in front of the Monster Refrigerator. I then proceed down the aisle where there was a another man watching another individual just moving as if did not know what he was look for; however there was a Asian/ Chinese woman in a white coat with long black hair with her phone waiting right near the bags to see what I noticed coming towards the front that a light skinned thin female with strawberry pony tail hair pulled back was in the vicinity bent over going through my bag. She then quickly moved to the back. I questioned the Black female with braids, she then questions another lady who worked there if my bags were in her way. She did not respond to well to the Black female with the braids and it seems to she knew the individual that was there; however I indicated if there were items missing I will contact CPD. The point is she touch the bag with my VA blanket on top of the bag and my phone was lifted up were someone could take it. There were people all around to keep the employees busy to cover up t his orchestrated scheme. I am being followed by crooks. After departing the store, a black Nissan Maximum sped off on Congress Parkway going East, that resemble the one in Joliet, IL, Skokie, IL Please pull the video.

3:08 pm EST

CVS Unethical behaviour

Ohio is under seige by our corrupt Governor... Dewine put out a mandate and is using the BWC to harass these business by threatening to shut them down if they allow people into stores/businesses without them. I was at the CVS Pharmacy today (Dec. 14th) in Delaware, Ohio. Upon entering, I saw a sign that says that wearing a mask is the law... which, it is not! Please let CVS know that IT IS NOT A LAW and the signs need to come down! Thank you!

View 0 more photos
S
1:58 pm EST

CVS Changes to my medication

I have received a notice in the mail that my Amitiza will no longer be covered by CVS and they are switching me to Linzess. This is totally unfair when I have been doing well for the last 8 years on Amitiza. I underwent a major surgery due to severe constipation leading to a prolapsed uterus, rectum and bladder. With the help of Amitiza my bowel movements have been normal.

4:04 am EST

CVS Pharmacist discrimination

This complaint is being entered against pharmacist Doug who was on shift December 13th at 2:45am.

The absolute and aberrant discrimination against individuals who are prescribed certain medications is so prevalent within cvs it is a disgrace. The pharmacists on shift, whose name tag showed doug, not only refused to fill my prescription which I received notification for but was indiscreet regarding my personal information, arguing with me in a public place of business. I am a mother, dealing with an autistic child who wakes up at 4am in addition to caring for my senior mother. Any time I am able to run errands makes the world of difference to me. To have this pharmacist tell me I won't fill your prescription and argue with me because I explained to him that his day count was incorrect was not only embarrassing but completely unacceptable. I not only received notification from cvs that my prescription would be ready on the 13th but I also confirmed with the pharmacy on the 12th to avoid this issue. I understand precautions, however, when you have a pharmacist who is clearly counting incorrectly it is an extreme cause for concern. Individuals responsible for distributing medications should be able to count and should have the knowledge of hippa laws. I will be looking further into this matter with the county from which I am employed. This type of discrimination needs to stop! Cvs does not have the right to make any human being feel judged for their prescription medications. My medication is taken as prescribed and only picked up upon receipt of notification. A 90 day supply filled september 16th is available for pick up on december 13th, the day before the 90th day. Not december 16th as the pharmacist doug so stubbornly insisted.

7:01 pm EST

CVS Pharmacy

12-11-2020 On 12-10-2020 I was in your Ottawa Illinois store to pick up a prescription, I had a question about when another of my prescriptions would be ready to refill and since I was in the store I asked the pharmacist on duty. After some confusion on his part he replied it would be ready to fill on 12-11-2020. I received a text on 12-10-2020 @ 1:39 pm telling me my prescription was ready for pickup. I went into the pharmacy on 12-12-2020 to pick up the prescription and the cashier said it wasn't ready for refill till 12-12-2020 I showed her the text saying it was ready and the pharmacist pulled me to another window and said the dr changed the date after I was in. I admit at this point I was getting frustrated and told him not to talk to me like I'm stupid, the prescription was received by cvs on 12-2-2020. Obviously at this point unhappy words were passed back and forth, he admitted very sarcastically oh well I guess I will take the blame for this mistake. I told him I appreciated him admitting this I just wish he could of done so before things got so heated. I would of appreciated the honesty. He told me at that point the were two other pharmacies in town and I didn't need to return if I didn't want. The reason I'm writing this is because I felt bad about getting so frustrated. I am disabled and do not leave my house often, I have a caregiver in my home to help me 5 days a week. Communication training as well as basic reading of computer programs might help. This is not the first time or even the second that I have been to this pharmacy and had issues, I cannot be the only person having a problem with the rudeness and miscommunication at this cvs. I am truly sorry for my frustration, will you please at least have a conversation with the people who work in this store about being more professional, courteous and honest in their dealings with the public.

I
2:05 pm EST

CVS Do not know?

My name is Irene Howard, For the last 3 to 4 months you have been going into my bank account taking 5 dollars out. I have only received my meds one time in the mail. When I called to get them they told me it would be 3 to 4 days before I would receive them I in turn went and picked them up. I need you to stop taking the money out of my checking account now. Name is Irene Howard 5320 Joshua Trail, Dayton, Ohio. My bank is Wright Patterson credit Union, Stop

W
6:46 am EST

CVS website to pay for prescription

I have been trying to pay for my medicine on the website to have it shipped to my house. My credit card works and I know that I am putting in the correct information for the last 4 months I have not been able to pay online

L
3:42 pm EST

CVS Employee

My name is Llewellyn Grubb have been a CVS customer for over 30 years. I was in the Wytheville Va. store at 4:15 PM on December 9th 2020. As a black man and Associate Pastor of a local Church. I feel the lady at the front cash register treated me unfairly hateful tone to her voice threw the B12 vitamins I returned to only switch for another brand. I returned B12 Nature Made and replaced them with Nature Bounty B12. Lady had dark hair and tall. Please treat minority customers better. I am aware the problems CVS has had with mistreatment of Black customers.

D
1:51 pm EST

CVS Covid testing store #7816

Hello,

Today I went to get a COVID test. What should have taken 5 minutes ended up taking 40 minutes. The root of the cause was poor signage. The auto emails I received told me to have my phone and follow the directions for testing at the store I went to and DO NOT go into the store unless directed to do so. When I got there, there were no directions. Only a huge sign placed in front of the entrance stating Testing was not done in store and a Minute Clinic small building sitting in the parking lot. My assumption (bad idea) was that I would either receive a text or someone would come out of the minute clinic and call me in. That never happened. What you couldn't see was the little sign taped to the corner of the big sign stating we had to drive around to the drive through pharmacy to get the test.
After 20 minutes I noticed the little sign and went over to read it. Furthermore, I was having an issue with my phone and text my husband to call CVS to let them know I was here. The number called the pharmacy and they told him they were separate and couldn't help because that was a minute clinic function. However, when I went to the drive through, it was the pharmacy that was giving out the test.
I asked the gentleman if they could put a more obvious sign out. He agreed with me and told me they were not allowed to do so... It was a corporate thing. (and kudos to the gentleman is was quick, professional and friendly.)
From my perspective, if that is actually true, then CVS looks like they are minimizing their advertising to avoid having to give out these tests. Please re-evaluate your process and simply put a sign on top of the pharmacy drive through sign.

9:51 am EST

CVS Parking lot is a disgrace!

My complaint is regarding the CVS located at 5929 W Lisbon Avenue, Milwaukee WI.

The amount of trash that is allowed to accumulate in the parking lot is a disgrace. This is an ongoing problem at this location. I live down the street from this location and find myself picking up trash multiple times a day, which may or may not blow from the parking lot.

This neighborhood cannot afford the unsightly accumulation of trash. There has been a red truck parked in the middle of the lot on flat tires with the same plastic bag of trash next to it for 3 weeks.

Shouldn't someone be designated to pick up trash prior to opening the store for business?

Are all CVS locations allowed to let their neighborhoods wallow in filth?

T
12:13 pm EST

CVS Carepass

Purchased an Annual CarePass on October 25, 2020. My account was placed on hold for an unknown reason to me. I have called CVS customer relations several times to no avail. I spoke with a representative yesterday who told me the monthly benefit would be on my account today 12/7/2020. It's not on my account. Spoke with a representative today 12/7/2020 and was told 48 hours. I just want what I paid for as I really like shopping for the products I need. The monthly benefit and CRTS. Thanks

R
7:24 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

CVS Camber losartan 100 mg.

There has been a recall on this medication. Why is cvs still giving this out. CVS gave me this medicine on 11/23/2020. I had a very bad reaction. CVS 2650 Cruse Road Lawrenceville GA. 30044 87 lots recalled the pharmacist lied said no recall. This drug should be taken off shelves. Why so you allow them to work there. You leave yourself wide open for lawsuits.

7:14 pm EST

CVS Unethical behavior

Date of Incident: December 6, 2020
REG #03
TRN #7433
CSHR #1852470
STR #6742
Helped by: Vena

I was at the self-checkout and came across a problem. I pressed the "Need Help" button on the screen and waited for an associate to come and help me. After about one minute, nobody came to the register. I looked around and noticed someone in the aisles. I was not sure if they were an employee of the store, so I proceeded to ask if they worked there. They were in fact an employee and she responded with, "Well, I'm here aren't I?" I was caught a little off guard after her response and walked away. As I walked back to the self-checkout register, she then stated that there was somebody at the front register. I then told her that there was no one there. She then came to the self-checkout where I was standing and asked if this is where I was. She pulled out a card and tried to scan it, but it didn't seem to be working. She then smacked her teeth and sighed and said for me to bring my items to her register. She said it in a way that seemed to have bothered her for me to ask for help. As she proceeded to check me out, I noticed her name tag was labeled as a "Management Team Member". By this point, I was ready to ask her to cancel my transaction.

As a member of the "Management Team", I would have expected a lot more professionalism. I was very disappointed with the customer service I received at this store.

I hope that the issue gets resolved with proper training for the associates, including members of the Management Team.

I
12:34 pm EST

CVS Covid-19 testing website 12/05/2020

My son lives in a building with disabilities, in Philadelphia, PA. He is in a wheelchair and travels on CCT. Someone on his floor has tested positive for COVID-19. My son was told to be tested as a precaution (he has no symptoms). He (Omar Cole) went on the CVS website for days and finally scheduled an appointment for 12/5/2020 at 2:40PM at CVS 6900 Lindbergh Blvd. Philadelphia, PA 19142. He called CVS this morning (12/5/2020) and that's when he was told he can't come into the store for the swab. Nothing on the website mentions that you must be in a car and can't come into the store for a do-it-yourself swab. But he is allowed in the store to make purchases and to pick up his prescriptions.

Please update your website and stop wasting peoples time and efforts. Not fair to discriminate people that's disabled and unable to travel by car. It's hard enough to find a way to get tested. It would be nice to send him an apology letter for wasting his time. He is regular CVS customer and so am I.

Omar Cole
Eastwick Gardens at Elmwood
6200 Eastwick Avenue
Apt. 311
Philadelphia, PA 19142

Thanks for your consideration.

Ingrid Cole (Omar's Mother)

N
9:07 am EST

CVS Environment concerns

This store is great inside, and the staff is helpful and nice. However, each time I go there I have multiple people in the parking lot asking for money. The last time I was there (12/2/20 11am) right in front of the entrance, two different people asked me for money (I always say "NO, Covid"). Then I witnessed one of them walk in while I was in line, before I checked out (2 min later), they walked back out tripping the alarm. The cashier didn't move or react. I walked out and saw the same person passing a bottle of booze around the group of people that were panhandling. Right in the parking lot. I didn't witness the theft, so I can only assume. But this is a routine situation in that parking lot. Every time I go there, I know at least one person will be asking for change and another person will be publicly intoxicated. I love all the stores in your mall. It is everything I need. But lately I find myself avoiding it all together. Yesterday made me realize I deserve better.

CVS Customer Reviews Overview

CVS is a popular online pharmacy that offers a wide range of products and services to its customers. The website has received numerous positive reviews from customers who have used its services. One of the most notable positive points of CVS is its user-friendly website, which makes it easy for customers to navigate and find what they are looking for. The website also offers a variety of products at competitive prices, which has been praised by many customers.

Another positive point of CVS is its customer service. The company has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have. Customers have praised the company for its quick response times and helpfulness.

CVS also offers a variety of services, including prescription refills, flu shots, and health screenings. Customers have praised the company for its convenience and accessibility, as many of these services can be done online or at one of the company's many locations.

Overall, CVS has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers who have used its services. The company's user-friendly website, competitive prices, and excellent customer service have made it a popular choice for those in need of pharmacy services.

CVS In-depth Review

Product Range and Availability:

CVS offers a wide variety of products, ranging from everyday essentials to specialty items. Whether you need household supplies, personal care products, or over-the-counter medications, CVS has you covered. They also carry a diverse range of brands and options, ensuring that customers can find their preferred products.

Store Layout and Organization:

Navigating a CVS store is a breeze, thanks to its well-organized layout. The shelves are clean and neatly arranged, making it easy to find what you're looking for. Clear signage and labeling further enhance the shopping experience, ensuring that customers can quickly locate the products they need.

Customer Service:

CVS prides itself on its friendly and helpful staff. The employees are always ready to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns they may have. Response times are prompt, ensuring that customers receive the assistance they need in a timely manner. The staff is also knowledgeable about the products they offer, providing valuable insights and recommendations.

Pricing and Discounts:

CVS offers competitive pricing compared to other retailers, making it a cost-effective choice for customers. Additionally, they frequently provide discounts and promotions on various products, allowing customers to save even more. CVS also offers loyalty programs and rewards for customers, further enhancing the value for money.

Online Shopping Experience:

CVS's website is user-friendly, making online shopping a breeze. Customers can easily navigate through the website, browse products, and place orders with ease. The availability of online ordering and delivery options adds convenience to the shopping experience. CVS ensures the accuracy and efficiency of order fulfillment, ensuring that customers receive their products in a timely manner.

Pharmacy Services:

CVS's pharmacy services are top-notch. They offer a wide range of prescription medications, ensuring that customers can conveniently fill their prescriptions. The pharmacy staff works efficiently to fill prescriptions accurately and promptly. The pharmacists are knowledgeable and professional, providing valuable guidance and information to customers.

Health and Wellness Services:

CVS goes beyond just offering products by providing a range of health and wellness services. They offer a diverse selection of health and wellness products, catering to various needs. Customers can also seek consultations or advice from healthcare professionals, ensuring that they receive personalized guidance. In-store clinics or services further enhance the accessibility of healthcare services.

Return and Refund Policy:

CVS has a clear and fair return policy, making it easy for customers to return products if needed. The process is hassle-free, ensuring a seamless experience for customers. Refunds or exchanges are processed in a timely manner, ensuring customer satisfaction.

Community Involvement:

CVS actively engages in local community initiatives and charities. They support healthcare-related causes, contributing to public health and wellness. Their involvement in the community showcases their commitment to making a positive impact beyond their business operations.

Overall Customer Satisfaction:

Based on customer feedback and experiences, CVS receives high ratings for its overall customer satisfaction. It stands out among similar businesses in the industry due to its extensive product range, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and convenient services. While there is always room for improvement, CVS's strengths far outweigh any areas that may need enhancement.
How to file a complaint about CVS?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information in the sign-up form.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with CVS. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Prescription Filled at CVS" or "Poor Customer Service at CVS Store #123".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as:

• The specific location or service (e.g., CVS pharmacy, in-store service, online order).
  • The date and time of the incident or issue.
  • A clear description of what happened, step by step.
  • Any interactions you had with CVS employees and their responses.
  • How you attempted to resolve the issue, including any communication with CVS customer service.
  • The outcome of your complaint or issue with CVS, if any.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or health concerns.
Remember to be factual and avoid including unnecessary personal opinions or emotional language.

5. Attaching supporting documents: If you have any receipts, email correspondences, photos, or other documents that can support your complaint, attach them to the form. Do not include sensitive personal information like your Social Security number or credit card details.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with CVS. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, such as a refund, an apology, or corrective action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint against CVS on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even from CVS representatives, so it's important to regularly check the status of your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

CVS contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with CVS?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CVS Customer Service. Initial CVS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CVS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CVS. Discuss the issues you have had with CVS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.