Crescent bankTerrible experience

I have my vehicle financed thru Crescent Bank & Trust. I have never been late on a payment. When Houston got hit by Hurricane Ike I called the bank to see if they would defer my September payment because I was unable to work due to downtown being closed. They said sure not a problem, (called on September 22 my payment is due on the 28) Now I get a call today October the 15 stating that they are refusing to defer any payments and i need to make September's payment now and Octobers payment is also due now to. I think they really need to get there ---- together. They of all people should know how bad it gets after a hurricane and i am sure they all needed a little help during that devastating time so why can't the return the favor? I don't think they give a crap about there customers all they want is there money and they don't care what the circumstances are. I will not do business with them again and if i could get my vehicle refinanced somewhere else i would do it in a heart beat.

Jason Oct 29, 2008

While I can sympathize with your situation, I am confused by some of your story.

You mentioned that your note was not due until September 28, but you called on September 22nd. Was the payment due on the 28th, or was that including your "grace period" before the late fee was taked on. In other words, was your September payment due on September 18th, but charged a late fee after the 28th?

The reason I ask this is you go on to state that on October 15th you received a call stating among other things, that your October payment was now due. The only way for those dates to add up is if you car payment is due before the 15th of the month.

If that's the case, then they probably should not have granted the initial offer to defer the payment since it was late, but the fact of the matter is is that it was still already late by the time of your initial call, right?

• Cs
    cselinsky Jun 19, 2009

I have had a car loan with Crescent bank since 1/08 This month for the first time I was unable to make my payment I have received several threatening calls form this bank. When asked for my 10 pay out I was told they could not give me this information, When I did get the pay out after much arguing the pay out amount is more then what is listed on my credit report by over $1, 000 and $2, 500 more then according to what my math shows it would be. So now I am not sure that I can't even refinance the loan, They are including the interest in the 10 day pay out. Has anybody else ran into this problem can I sue????

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices