Creative Cookware LLCDeceit and No honor

K

Buyer beware! I ordered and paid for a: 3 Qt Torchietto Stainless Steel Press for $89.99. But what I received was the smaller one: 2 Qt press. I verified that it is the smaller one, because the one sent by them holds no more than 2 quarts of liquid, not the 3 Qts that I require and paid for. I further verified that it was smaller when placed next to my friend's 3 Qt Torchietto press. I lived in Europe for 15 years, so have vast knowledge of centimeter measurements. Was hoping that it was sent by mistake, but obviously Creative Cookware sells crap and lies!! I wanted to exchange the smaller one in my possession for the larger correct one that I ordered and paid for. They wouldn't bother with the exchange and not only made me pay for the return, but charging a restocking fee. What you get is not what you pay for with them, plus NO customer service. DON'T ORDER THROUGH THEM!!!

• Al
    alohab Apr 08, 2014

They have really great prices- better than everyone else- too good to be true even and with an additional discount if you like them on facebook. I did get a refund for my purchase because they did not have the items in stock. 2 items I ordered. both not in stock. I guess I'm lucky I got a refund. No customer service what so ever. No phone number to reach anyone either. Awful company.

• Le
    LeighBond Mar 27, 2014

I have just experience the same issues as noted above. My husband purchased a stuab kettle for my for my birthday, from Creative Cookware. You can only imagine how disappointed I was when I discovered a large chip missing from the edge of the spout, possibly due to the kettle being packaged with no padding inside of the actual Staub box before being shipped. I inspected the box closely and found no sign of the chipped-off piece, which was surprising because it was a sizable chip. We were told that the kettle could be exchanged, but that we would have to cover the cost of return shipping.

The cheapest return shipping I was able to purchase for this kettle was $37.40 USD, in other words over a full third of the kettles original price. When the company received my package, ignored the exchange and refunded us instead. At this point, we have essentially paid $37 to open, repackage, and return a tea kettle that was clearly broken before we received it.

I mailed the kettle in its original packaging with extra paper packed around the chipped area. When I wrote to explain my frustration, Joe wrote back and said that they "received the kettle is such bad scratched up shape and poor packaging" that they couldn't re sell it, and that he did me a favor by refunding the original price instead of charging me for the damage.

Filing a complaint with the BBB now. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

RESOLVED

Update: Joe from Creative Cookware has since reached out to the customer and refunded her return shipping in full. Please consider this issue fully resolved.

• Rd
    RDHDeb Dec 08, 2013

Totally agree with the above comments on creativecookware.com! Can't believe he/ they can get away with not having a disclaimer on their return policy which is very deceptive at best!!! If an item is bought in the USA, it should be returned in the USA... ESPECIALLY when an American address is published as their American base!!! The buyer is being deceived into thinking that they are dealing with an American company... which it's not!!! Instead, a buyer is trapped in a no win situation that benefits the seller when things aren't right...that's not how good business is done. My situation dealt with exorbitant return shipping costs to Canada when an item did not meet my expectations. I cut my losses instead of losing out on more $$ just to return the unwanted item. But I'm not taking this sitting down either. When there's no other option for justice, write an online review!!!

• Rf
    rfowle Sep 04, 2012

Stay away from this company. They're charging me $38.00 to return a tomato mill. They NEVER disclosed that they are located in Canada, nor did they disclose the exuberant return shipping charge. I will dispute the charges with my credit card and file a BBB complaint against them.

Cheese Boss Oct 01, 2011

Had a similar issue with www.creativecookware.com. Seems as if the whole company is run by 1 guy named Jose or Joe and never answers phone. Ordered pasta machine which arrived used and rusted! Web site also listed made in Italy but was made in China! I have ordered from several other Canadian companies and had great results I think the issue is with this online company only.

• Kb
    kbgirl May 05, 2011

CORRECTION: My complaint is against CREATIVE COOKWARE in ONTARIO, CANADA! I have no complaint against Creative Cookware, LLC in California. Most American businesses answer the phone, and the LLC did AND were nice. That Canadian company is bogus! Buyer beware from buying from Canada.