Craigslistspersonal assistant

Thanks for your interests in the office assistant position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I have had a previous Personal Assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Nicholas Ben, 45, originally from Australia, but I have spent a whole lot here in United State. I'm a qualified Legal Practitioner by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.
As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling programmers, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
Basic wage is $500 a week

I'm currently in Honk Kong, China now for a summit and would be back to the state in about 2 weeks, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibilty means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'd want us to meet up on Yahoo chat as soon as possible so we can discuss this extensively, more so it's easier for me to convey information once i'm online. My Yahoo ID is the same as my e-mail address, [protected]@yahoo.com. It may be a little difficult working out the time difference between us initially, with time however, we should get used to it.

I'm online most of the time when I'm not out or in a meeting so we should be able to have a chat sooner than you think. Do try to keep a date. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss.I am also glad on the commitment in working.

I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home, I do that every month .The funds will be in form of Money Order or Cashier's Check and it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store arround you so you can mail them out.

I will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Address:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Current Occupation:
Email:

Once i received all the asking contact information above, i will get back to you with the task for this week and i hope you understand you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get to the states.

I will be waiting to read from you,

Best Regards,

Nicholas Ben

• Da
    Darrell Randy Dec 27, 2016

I would like to know why I have used craigslist for many years without any problems, but now I'm getting flaged every time I post something on your personel web site, please let me know what I can do to fix the problem, thank you

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 25, 2016

Now I'm gonna sue,

And I'm gonna win,

Them Mortgage Banking fools,

Their hearts are full of sin,

They made a complaint,

Swore on The Bible,

Accusin' me of Slander and Libel,

About "The Craigslist Stalker on WSB" HAW! HAW! HAW!

Henry Krinkle 2 Aug 25, 2016

The Sheriff came by and said, "They gonna sue,

I said "Oh Lawd, what am I gonna do?"

But I went to a lawyer,

And discussed the situation,

And brought all my communication,

'Bout "The Craigslist Stalker " on WSB...HAW! HAW!

Comments

jacki66 Aug 25, 2016

I received an email from Craigslist Quick Cash to receive a "free" cd which details how to sell items on Craigslist for shipping & handling charges of $1.95 only, "no obligation". My curiosity cost me $319.60. I did not receive the item, but months later I learned that they billed $39.95 to my unemployment debit card (8) times from Chase Bank account. I had no other acct. w/Chase but noticed my dollars were reduced considerably. After asking Chase to explain, the printout showed that Craigslist was the culprit, they also used another name to make it look as if another company billed me. My report to BBB, Ohio Attny Gen. and anyone else that I wrote to was unsuccessful. Letters sent to Craigslist address was returned, since the address they repeatedly gave me was a "scam" address where they used as the corporate address. Chase was able to return $119. to me. I would have used my american express card and got the protection I paid for, but for $ 1/95 s/h I did not expect that would happen. The Ohio Attorney General's office closed the case since they could not get any response from Craigslist. I am one always trying to be careful to avoid scams, but I have been caught.

Comments

hclowe1 Oct 08, 2015

[email protected] every day or 2 times a day this has to stop don, t know why

• Do
    Donnie Meade Jan 13, 2015

I posted a truck on craigslist Jan.13th 2015 for sale and got response back via E-Mail from a craigslist user tellin me I was ... for price I ask for truck would like to forward E-Mail to someone for review. Thanks no reason for this

• Co
    confused and concerned Jun 24, 2013

The new advertisements and setup are terrible, I don't like it at all to the point me and a lot of co-workers and friends have went to other sites to buy, sell, and trade on due to the aggravation of the advertisements and the whole setup of the new and unapproved craigslist . Thanks for ruining a good website like most sites think they have to improve even though its the original site that got they started and popular. Stop listening to your media groups or the people who don't use your site and get rid of the advertisements and stop letting people post the same item multiple times. By the way I know you think whatever its one persons opinion but I'm sayin I know over fifty people who have found other sites and are telling people every day what better sites to use so word of mouth killed myspace so change it back.

• Ki
    kindnesskeeper Aug 23, 2012

JUST RECEIVED from JOB POSTING RESPONSE on JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA CRAIGSLIST:

>> I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.. I have had a previous Person who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life the past 6 months working on a part time basis, she has since returned to her country.
    >> I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.
    >> I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angle of Investment Network in Canada and United State (Yogurberry, Verkade Chocolate etc) to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.
    >> As my assistant/Errands, your activities amongst other things will include:
    >> *Running personal errands
    >> *Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date.
    >> *Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
    >> Basic wage is $300/Week (WILL BE INCREASED LATER)
    >> I'm an Oceanographer and am currently on the sea at the moment, However, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.
    >> So email me with the bellow information for confirmation of what you have on your resume:
    >> Full Name:
    >> Full Home Address:
    >> City, State, Zip code:
    >> Phone Number:
    >> Sex
    >> Age
    >> I awaits your response as quickly as possible.

john_does Mar 01, 2012

Beware of this spammer, tried to purchase items from me on craigslist and requested my paypal id and phone number. No way Jose! Die Spammer.

• Sp
    Sparkles Jan 23, 2012

I found ad on Craigslist and Sarah Hoffman told I will receive check for $1, 850. I got it and decided to call my bank and they immediately said it is fake one. I can't believe I could fall for such scam!

• It
    itssogood Sep 10, 2011

Since craigslist fails to remove posts that put the community in danger and does not contact you; submit a complaint to the FTC

and your State Attorney General or State Consumer Protection Agency

Do not use the BBB because the BBB is a scam

• Vi
    Victimofcraigslist Sep 10, 2011

We responded to a personals ad on craigslist; which now in retrospect we now we should have not done.
    This person came to our house and threatened to use violence if we did not give him money. We gave him money and he left.
    We informed Craigslist immediately and asked to remove the personal ad of this person immediately.
    The irresponsible staff at Craigslist left the ad active and took no measure.

Also regularly I see erotic massages ads in the personal section of craigslist and despite flagging them; craigslist does not remove them.

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 14, 2011

They're Craigslist Stalkin' me and you,
    Craigslist Stalkin' down the Avenue,
    Craigslist Stalkin' up and down the Street,
    They're Craigslist Stalkin' and beatin' their ?
    The Craigslist Stalkers on WSB!!!

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 03, 2011

Yea. I'm gonna ride this herd straight into hell.

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 03, 2011

June 14th. but since their boy wonder attorney thomas "little tommy" shepherd esq. is taking maternity leave for the entire month of june, i'm gonna have it rescheduled. he's got the nerve to file all these bogus legal papers, but he doesn't have the guts to face Judge Tom Davis again.i thought he was going to pee all down his pants legs.and if he ever puts his hand on me again, he will.no brag.just fact. : )

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 03, 2011

Watch my WSB-TV Channel 2 Action News story "Man Battles Craigslist Stalker at wsbtv.com : http://www.wsbtv.com/video/25586862/index.html

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 01, 2011

They won't honor a Georgia Supeona.I sent one.I contacted multiple Law Enforcement Agencies.I received a Stalking Temporary Court Protective Order against him.He violated it.His employer defended the stalker's actions to a Superior Court Judge by saying, "Sometimes he has a little too much time on his hands." The Judge seemed disgusted. I was completely enraged. I was GangStalked by these wealthy, bored criminals. They remind me of those bratty rich kids that burned up that stable full of horses for kicks several years ago.
    I hope they all die in prison some day.After decades of incarceration.

OH.I WILL!!!I WILL!!!

When we go to Court,

I get to air my grudge,

And spread my facts before a Gwinnett County Judge,

'Cuz John Memoli contacted me,

As TriStone's Representee,

He's "The Craigslist Stalker" on WSB!!!HAW! HAW!HAW!

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 01, 2011

He enlisted his associates at TriStone to help him in his cyberstalking.

Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 01, 2011

I'm still trying to sell them.He destroyed my credibility as a seller.And I doubt he's been banned.Craigslist protected his identity for years.

ARF!ARF!WOOF!WOOF! ; )

UnderDawg?I thought I was your TopDawg??? ; (

Henry Krinkle 2 May 31, 2011

CyberStalking me for nearly three years violates my human rights.

These people are Garbage with a capital G.

### with a capital S.

Henry Krinkle 2 May 31, 2011

sorry.it's Craigslist.not Craiglist.my mistake.

Henry Krinkle 2 May 31, 2011

I decided I wasn't gonna worry,

'Cuz I can prove per-jury,

They made up a tale full of lies,

Faked up an e-mail as a guise,

For "The Craigslist Stalker on WSB" HAW!HAWHAW!WEEEEEEEEEE!!!

• Mi
    Mimi44 Mar 22, 2011

I received an identical email from Sam Patel from this email address: [email protected]
    Do you think that knowing the email and the physical address are enough for an identity theft?
    Here is the content of his email:

Your resume was received and it has been reviewed, I did appreciate
    it. it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.
    I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with
    good understanding and working skills.

I am Sam Patel, 49 yrs of age, I'm Self employed..I am an importer
    by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of
    ventures I get involved in; from the Angel of importing fabrics to
    various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get
    my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy
    assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my
    activities.This position is home-based and flexible, working with me
    is basically
    about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come
    at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet
    up with my irregular timings.

As my personal assistant, your activities among others will include:
    *Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
    *Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
    *Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
    *Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
    *Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
    *Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
    *Basic wage is $700 a week .

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
    *Good planning, communication and organization skills
    *Must be honest, reliable & dependable
    *Excellent verbal & written communication skills
    *Must have strong problem solving skills
    *Must be organized & extremely detail oriented
    *Experience working with the internet, email.
    *Ability to multi-task and self manage 24/7 mindset
    *A willingness to do whatever needs to be done is a must

NOTE: The above qualification requirements can also be learned if you
    are willing to take up the challenges.
    I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in France for a summit. I will be back in Three Weeks time.
    If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of Cashier check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that.
    PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW;

Cell Phone Number:
    Home Phone Number:
    Current Occupation :
    Email Address :

Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for next week.
    NOTE: This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location, work from your home doing all the activities.
    AVAILABILITY:
    How often do you check your email daily___________

Please get back as soon as possible.
    Sam Patel.

• Da
    DarrinL Dec 15, 2010

Same thing here. It was posted on Saturday December 11th 2010 as an Accounting Clerk Position in Philadelphia. I emailed my resume and got this back the next day. The contact name used was Robert Hotch.

Company Name ; R F P Group Limited

Detailed Job Description – File Clerk

The primary goal of the File Clerk is to provide local customer
    support to our clients within North America. This includes providing
    records and transactions.
    Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission
    and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose
    information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to
    complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.
    You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly
    reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and
    are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.
    Commission 5%: $96.1
    trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email
    in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks
    you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments,
    along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be
    forwarding the received payments through wire service.
    During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 800USD per month while
    working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission
    from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your
    base pay salary will go up to 2, 400USD per month, plus 5% commission.
    You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All
    applicable taxes are covered by the company.
    possible

Gender:
    Personal Email Address:

• Ok
    OkcMomOf2 Nov 10, 2010

I GOT THE SAME EMAIL BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT AS A PERSONAL ASSISTANT AND RECEIVED 2 MONEY ORDERS FOR $900.01 TOTAL OF $1, 800.02 AND IM SOOOOO GLAD THAT IM STREET SMART AND HAVE A LIL COMMON SENSE BECAUSE IT SOUNDED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND I HOPE SOMEONE CATCHES WHO EVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AND MAKES THEM PAY DEARLY FOR PREYING ON INNOCENT PEOPLE DOWN ON THEIR LUCK AND JUST TRYING TO MAKE A HONEST LIVING.

• Ta
    Tara.grosso Oct 19, 2010

I received the following email as well:

Company Name ; S R W Group Limited.

Detailed Job Description – Human Resources Assistant

The primary goal of the Human Resources Assistant is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.

You will be assisting our clients within North America, the assistance to be provided will include: payment collections and customer service via email.

- Collecting Local Payments

When a buyer in the US decides to purchase an item through an online auction from our sellers he has the following payment options: pay pal, international wire transfer, international check, local certified check or local wire transfer. The quickest option of these is local wire transferring. Local wire transfers and certified checks are the options that the sales support representative will provide to the clients.

- Managing Data

Along with the payments received from buyers you will be receiving details for these sales. These details will include items sold, price, and buyer's information. You are to file and maintain these purchasing records and transactions.

- Forwarding of the Payments

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

- Correspondence

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Date: August 8, '09
    Buyer: John N. Smith
    Item: Movado Watch
    Commission 5%: $ 96
    Fees: $ 75
    Total Forwarded: $1750.27
    Forwarded to: Elisa Narenzo, Copenhagen, Denmark

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures

All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through western union, money gram transferring agents, or by wire transferring.

Additional Information

- Salary

During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 200USD per month while working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission from every payment received and forwarded. The salary will be sent in the form of wire transfer directly to your account. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 1, 700USD per month, plus 5% commission.

- Taxes

You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All applicable taxes are covered by the company.

possible.

Sex:
    Current job:
    Email:
    Nationality:
    What is your preferred mode of communication? Phone/e-mail:

(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Looks like he started with a personal assistant, and has now moved on to Administrative Assistant and Receptionist. This guy should be caught and have his real name and face posted everywhere! What and idiot!

• Gr
    greg bednark Oct 06, 2010

Add appeared on Craigs list, listing a 2005 Ford F-150 for sale $2, 750. Says it at a port in Texas and he works on a oil platform and wants to sell vehicle. Asks to put money in accout with Ebay VPP. When I googled it, it was as I suspected a scam.
    When I contacted him a second time asking for vehicle ID for Carfax he sent one back already completed with about 20 photo's of vehicle inside and out. Looks really athentic. Maybe you could remove from Craigs List In Minnesota.
    Greg

• St
    stella09 Oct 04, 2010

I got the same scam. But this person's name is Mickey Nickell...OMG I can't believe it..I got paid for $450/wk..I was asked the same info, and got the check of $3, 970 today..I was gonna cash it tmr, but somehow my instinct told me to google the address in Malaysia, and I found this page...still in shock!!! what should I do with the check now? should I go to the police and report it? But I don't want to get into any trouble...I'm already unemployed and have to live with my parents, I don't want to worry them anymore.. I thought this time I could earn some money and live better. but this really pisses me off.
    Thanks a bunch you guys.. otherwise I would have been in big trouble!!
    Watch out for the guy named Mickey Nickell, he claimed to be a doctor travelling overseas!!

• Ju
    JustJulie Aug 10, 2010

Wow, I thought this was too good to be true. At the same time I know somthing was up. well I'm going to take the ball on this one and play with it for a while. After i replyed with my information i had decided to look up Sam Patel, now that i know im going to be very carful. I'm just waiting for his reply, so has anyone cashed the check? what happend after you did it? I'm not saying im going to cash it, but i would like to take it to someone with authority. So if someone can please email me at [email protected] please i would really like to hear what you have to say. im always checking my email so i would respond with in a few mins to a hour.

Julie

Heres what was sent to me.

Company Name ; S R W Group Limited

Detailed Job Description – Office Assistant

The primary goal of the Office Assistant is to provide local customer
    support to our clients within North America. This includes providing

records and transactions.

Once you receive each payment you will be keeping 5% as commission
    and forwarding the rest to the seller or representative, whose
    information will be provided prior each transaction. It is crucial to
    complete forwarding of the payments in a time efficient manner.

You will be submitting brief reports, weekly reports, and monthly
    reports. Weekly and monthly reports are to be done in Excel format and
    are to summarize all transactions completed within the week, or month.

Commission 5%: $96.1

trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email
    in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks
    you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments,
    along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be
    forwarding the received payments through wire service.

During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 800USD per month while
    working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission
    from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your
    base pay salary will go up to 2, 400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

You will receive a monthly invoice stating your total income. All
    applicable taxes are covered by the company.

possible

Gender:
    Personal Email Address:

• 10
    1023lmh Jul 29, 2010

I received the same exact email...WOW! This is not good.

Hello,

Thanks for applying for the post, I quite I appreciate it. I received and read your e-mail and it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.
    I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills.

I'm Marc Donald, 54 yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities. Seeking motivated, determined personality type that has the ability to work well with others. Busy executive needs someone to assist with time management, running errands, assisting in all areas of setting up meetings and scheduling appointments, travel arrangements as needed and other duties as assigned. Excellent computer and phone skills necessary.. Hours would be 8am-3pm.

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my assistant, your activities among other things will include:
    *Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
    *Scheduling pro grammes, flights and keeping me up to date with them..
    *Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.
    *Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
    *Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
    *Basic wage is $500 a week .
    I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in New York. I will be back in Three Weeks.
    I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm on line most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer to we contact each other through E-mails<[email protected]>. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month.

I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Contact / Mailing Address:
    Zip-Code:
    Phone Number:
    Occupation:
    Sex:
    Marital Status:
    Email Address:

Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?
    Please get back as soon as possible...

Thanks.
    Marc Donald.

• 10
    1023lmh Jul 29, 2010

I got the same exact email from Marc Donald haha wow...

• Su
    SuzyQRoss Jun 04, 2010

I received a response to a Craigslist posting for a personal assistant from Randy Pittman, same content as the others posted here. Thank goodness for Google. He stated he is CEO of The Roberts Filter Group. Yes, it sounded too good to be true and the fact his email address stated his name was Randy Pittman but his letter stated his name was Randy Pitty made me curiuos enough to check. Shame on you, Mr. Pitts!

• Nb
    Nb Jun 01, 2010

Hi, please don't trust this person to rent you an apartment. this person steal other people's listings and pretends to be the owner.He is very popular, we already fell on him on two apartments we were interested in. Only to find out that this "Gillepsie" guy is indeed a scammeer. My advice google everything before you even think about involving money. That's what we did. And it saved us from being scammed.

• Je
    Jessih May 12, 2010

I've been running into a few scams on Craigslist and I'm just completely done with it. If it seems too good to be true, well.. it is. Don't question it, go with it. I'm young, and don't know much about these sort of things but I'm definitely learning a lot about just how low some people can do. I received this first e-mail, and I was sort of suspicious seeing as how he never asked for a resume or qualifications or anything, and he sent the email twice. There's conflicting info in both e-mails I recieved.. he lists himself as Dr. at the end of the first, which he says he's a business man dealing with cars (lol?) Also found the e-mail address suspicious, but I thought it never hurt to ask for more info on a potential job. The email he's using to communicate to me with is [email protected]

Hello,

Well my name is Paul Cole from Dublin, Ireland. I am Physically disabled on a wheelchair and I am relocating to the US on the 25th of May 2010 to settle down in United States . I am a businessman who deals majorly in importation and exportation of Use/New Cars, Raw materials and Finished Goods. I travel a lot which necessitate a personal assistant.

Job Description:
    As my Personal Assistant the position demand competence and skill at performing the following duties:

- reading, monitoring and responding to the principals email, - answering calls and handling queries, - preparing correspondence on my behalf, - commissioning work on my behalf, - liaising with staff, clients, etc., - managing my electronic diary, - booking meetings, - organising travel and preparing complex travel itineraries, - writing minutes, - taking dictation, - planning, organising and managing events, - managing a budget, - attending events/meetings as my representative, - conducting little research on the internet, - writing reports, executive summaries and newsletters, - preparing presentations, - preparing papers for meetings, - managing and reviewing filing and office systems, - updating websites, - typing documents, - sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment, - managing projects, - managing an Assistant.

working 6 hrs daily, Monday-Friday and i am ready to pay you $800-$1000/week. I will pay you upfront payment for commitment for a week($800). You will Start immediately after background check. No cleaning, cooking, ironing, or domestic work required. Someone else handles that, but you Will have to house manage. Call for a Serious inquiries. only!

Your information is need for background check, please send in this information:

FULL NAME:
    MOBILE NUMBER:
    DATE OF BIRTH:
    HOURS FOR AVAILABILITY:

Dr Paul Cole

Me, being my curious self, I responded. Just seeing what other poop he'd spew out in the next e-mail. I sent him a name and what not. At this point, he wouldn't really know anything about me. I only asked for more info in the e-mail I sent him, so he knows nothing of my integrity, qualifications, etc. Here's the 2nd e-mail

Dear Jessica,

I have approved you to be my personal assistant and I am expecting the best from you. I will be coming to USA on the 26th of MAY, I will be lodging in a hotel for 2 weeks till I get a place of mine, I am already arranging a good apartment with a real estate agent but I have not yet concluded with him but when I come around I would need to see him for conclusion. I will later let you know the hotel I will be lodging when I come around. I am ready to pay you $700 weekly, you will be working 5-6hr daily(8am-1pm). I will send you an upfront payment for commitment. A check will be sent to you for a week payment along with my traveling fee, I want you to handle my traveling payment as a task by sending it to the traveling agency on my behalf. I will give you a call later today or tomorrow. And I hope you know the city very much ( cool spots, bar etc) because I love to unwind. Please acknowledge the receipt of this email.

Paul

First says the 25th of May, 2nd says the 26th of May. Thank everything holy for search engines, and thank all of you for sharing your experiences.

• Tr
    trishna87 Apr 28, 2010

Omg this Jamie Coleman guy is obviously a fraud. I'm going to post our 'correspondence' back and forth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***THE ORIGINAL JOB POST***:

Office Assistant

Date: 2010-04-17, 11:08AM EDT
    Reply to: job-ftwf7-[protected]@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

An Office Professionals seeks an Office Assistant to provide support to the Office Manager. The qualified candidate should have 2 plus years of office experience as well as the following:

*Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel

*Good data entry skills

*Positive, enthusiastic personality

*Flexible attitude

If you possess stable work history and excellent professional references, please forward your resume for immediate consideration. This contract position has permanent potential for the right candidate.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
    PostingID: [protected]

****MY INQUIRY TO THE POST. BLOCKING OUT MY NAME AND ADDRESS HERE****:

Hello,

I am writing in regarding the Office Assistant position that is currently available at your company (Craigslist Job Posting ID: [protected]) I believe I would be a good fit for this position as I have had 2+years of experience assisting in administrative duties as a ______. I am attaching my resume, and I thank you in advance for taking the time to go over it.

If you have any questions whatsoever, I would be glad to answer them should you require more clarity on the matter. Feel free to reply to this email address or if you prefer telephone communication, you can reach me at (XXX)-XXX-XXXX.

I look forward to hearing back regarding this position and it's availability.
    Thank you.

-______

***HIS REPLY***:

GBM Group

Detailed Job Description –Office Support
    The primary goal of the position is to provide local customer support to our clients within North America. This includes providing convenient payment options and informing them of shipping and the terms of sale.

Commission 5%: $ 96
    Fees: $ 75
    Total Forwarded: $1750.27
    Forwarded to: Benjamin Bean, Whitefield, United Kingdom

- Fees, and Transferring Procedures
    All fees are covered by the company. The fees for transferring are simply deducted from the payments received. No client will contact you during initial stage of the trial period. After three weeks of the trial period you will begin to have contact with the buyers via email in regards to collection of the payments. For the first three weeks you will simply receive all of the transferring details, and payments, along with step by step guidance from your supervisor. You will be forwarding the received payments through wire service.

-Salary
    During the trial period, you will be paid 1, 800USD per month while working on average 3hours per day, Monday-Friday, plus 5% commission from every payment received and forwarded. After the trial period your base pay salary will go up to 2, 400USD per month, plus 5% commission.

- To Apply

Kindly fill out your personal information below for immediate consideration of this position so you can get started as soon as possible

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Address(Not P.O BOX): (Include Apt # If Available)
    Zip Code:
    Residential Phone Number:
    Mobile:
    Email Address:

The employee, acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description and signed
    _______________
    (First Name and Last Name of Employee)

***MY REPLY IN HINDSIGHT A BAD DECISON. AGAIN BLOCKING MY NAME AND ADDRESS IN THIS REPOST. ***:

Mr. Coleman
    I was happy to receive your reply and am filling out and sending back the "To Apply" part of the email:

First Name:_____
    Last Name: _____
    Address(Not P.O BOX): ________.
    City: _______
    State: ______
    Zip Code: ________
    Residential Phone Number: ________
    Mobile: _________
    Email Address: ________

I hope to hear word from you again, regarding this position and whether I qualify for it. I am again attaching my resume just in case.
    I did have an inquiry as to where your offices are located, as I would be traveling primarily by the DC Metro. Also if your company has a website, I would love to visit it, in order to learn more about it.

I would like to add that I am a fast learner and hardworking individual. I can start work immediately.

I look forward to further correspondence with you regarding this matter and I sincerely hope you have a good day.

-_______

***NOTE THAT I didn't ACKNOWLEDGE
    " The employee, acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description and signed
    _______________
    (First Name and Last Name of Employee) "
    PART OF THE LAST EMAIL.*****

***HIS REPLY WAS***:

Congratulations !

GoodDay,

I wish to congratulate you on the new job and i will like to know if you are still interested in the job.I hope we will have your 100 % loyalty and co -operation.Your quick response to emails and effectiveness will be required.You have been assigned to process a payment made by a client who issued a check for the purchase of 2 items.

USPS will deliver the payment to your address in 2-3 business days.

Further instructions will be emailed to you shortly.

Email back ASAP to confirm you received this notification & to confirm you are ready for this task.

Yours Sincerely,

Thank You And God Bless.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

***AT THIS POINT I WAS KIND OF CERTAIN THIS WAS A SCAM SO I DECLINED THE 'JOB'***

Mr. Coleman,

I was not aware that this was a stay at home job without any direct supervision. In that event I will respectfully have to decline this employment, as I am looking for something different in terms of a job. Also the correspondence didn't get back to me at all for about a week or so, and I have had to go look and apply for different positions, for which I have scheduled interview(s).

I wish you luck in your recruitment. Thank you for the opportunity to discuss this employment with you.
    If any letters do come to my place, can you please advise me on how and where I should send it back?

-_______

****TODAY I GOT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM HIM*****

Hello

Thanks for the email update.I want you to know that you will be receiving

a check today via United States Postal Service of amount $1920 in accordance

with the transaction details below which is your First Assignment

Transaction Details :-
    Amount: $1920
    Your 5% Commission : $96

Instructions:
    Once you get the check make sure you take it to your bank and have it deposited

and the funds should be available within 24hrs OR IMMEDIATELY.So you deduct

your 5% commission and wire the rest funds to the information of Patrick Kirvin

below at the nearest Western Union Location to you, Once you have cashed the

would be sending the funds to via Western Union.I suppose you would be sending

the funds today.Send the Money in Minutes

Once you send the funds, i would like you to send me the following details
    *Name And Address Of The Sender
    *10 Digits Money Transfer Control Number
    *Amount Sent

I look forward to your email alongside with the necessary details.
    NOTE: To avoid any form of fraudulent transaction, all payments have passed

through Visa Security screening system. This is to ensure that every payment

received on our behalf is verified, valid and legal.

***I COMPOSED A NEW EMAIL WITH THE SUBJECT "JOB TERMINATION"****

Mr. Coleman,

I shall do this assignment only as it is too late to return the letter/check I suppose. But I hope you aren't disregarding the fact that I have declined this employment in my previous email. I explained to you that I was not looking for a stay at home job, or anything of this nature. The nature of the job posting led me to believe it was an onsite job. While I appreciate the consideration, I am sorry but I do have to respectfully deny the position. Please do reply regarding this matter. If I get the letter/check today it might be a little late to deposit it in the bank, as banks close by the time we get our mail, so it shall have to be tomorrow. Please don't send me any letters/checks to process or transfer in the future.

I really do apologize for any inconvenience, but once again I am sorry but I cannot do this job.

Sincerely,
    _________________

*** AND A COUPLE HOURS LATER HE RESENT ME MY FIRST ASSIGNMENT EMAIL AGAIN***

Hello

Thanks for the email update.I want you to know that you will be receiving a check today via United States Postal Service of amount $1920 in accordance with the transaction details below which is your First Assignment

Transaction Details :-
    Amount: $1920
    Your 5% Commission : $96

Instructions:
    Once you get the check make sure you take it to your bank and have it deposited and the funds should be available within 24hrs OR IMMEDIATELY.So you deduct your 5% commission and wire the rest funds to the information of Patrick Kirvin below at the nearest Western Union Location to you, Once you have cashed the check, deduct your 5% commission and also the Western Union transfer charges, then send the rest to her.Find below the Western Union details of whom you would be sending the funds to via Western Union.I suppose you would be sending the funds today.Send the Money in Minutes

Western Union Details Below:-

Once you send the funds, i would like you to send me the following details
    *Name And Address Of The Sender
    *10 Digits Money Transfer Control Number
    *Amount Sent

I look forward to your email alongside with the necessary details.
    NOTE: To avoid any form of fraudulent transaction, all payments have passed through Visa Security screening system. This is to ensure that every payment received on our behalf is verified, valid and legal.

***THIS TIME I GOT REALLY PISSED OFF AND I REPLIED BACK AGAIN***

Mr. Coleman

There is no possible way I can cash this check at this very moment. I do not have a car, and the banks are closed. I will do it tomorrow, and I haven't got the key to check the mail for today.
    I again reiterate I do not want this job. This is the third time I am telling you this. I have explained the job posting led me to believe it would be an onsite job, with an actual present supervisor. I do not want to handle money transferring.
    If you prefer I forward the check/letter elsewhere please let me know ASAP.
    Again I repeat, do not send/forward any more mail to me, as I do not want to do this job.
    Thank you.

_______

SO... WHAT SHOULD I DO? JUST BLOCK HIS EMAIL ADDRESS? AND IF I GET MAIL/CHECKS FROM PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW... JUST SHRED EM? REPORT HIM SOMEWHERE? ANY ADVICE ANYONE? HELP.