Craigslistcraigslit

I live in Missouri. Craigslist here is loaded with nuthing but crap. I gave up using them as a job source. Its just not worth it. Ive been applying for jobs there all week. Stoped 3 days ago and still the fake job adds come rushing in my email. I applied for a receptionist position at a vet clinic on monday. Got an email redirecting me to some other site with more information about the job. Beware of the ones that ask if you would like to further your education on the bottom of the job info page. Since I was considering furthering my career in veterinary study I accidentally clicked yes. I tryed to go back and change it but it would not let me. Then I got a call from some place that claimed to be a job screening place for the position I had applied for. Receptionist for a vet clinic. They asked me questions about the job and my infomation. All sounded very legit. I had no worries. Until...they asked if I had internet access. Internet access? What kind of receptionist job requires you to have internet access? A little worried but then reasured that my job application was accepted and the next step was for the hiring manager to contact me. Well...no manager contacted me. Just some telemarketer calling me from a 1800 # telling me i asked for info to further my education. I hung up on them. They've called once or twice a day for the last 4 days. SCAM! How does a job posting for a vet clinic receptionist end up being a money grubbing, furthering your educaiton, calling twice a day, harrasing company? LATEST SCAM... As far as ive seen...you get an email that tells you they only entended this job offer to so many people and they saw your resume posted and they are interested in you, once you click on the job link it will take you to a webpage with more information about the job, appearing to be some employment listing jobsite. THINGS TO LOOK FOR WITH THIS KIND OF SCAM...IT SAYS THE COMPANY IS CONFIDENTAL (###), AND THERE IS A QUESTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE INFO PAGE THAT ASKS IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT FURTHERING YOUR EDUCATION. EVEN IF YOU CLICK NO, IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE NEXT STEP AND THEY WILL CALL AND HARASS THE HELL OUT OF YOU. The job was a fake job listing posted to get your information. PEOPLE BECAREFUL WITH THE SO CALLED "CONFIDENTIAL" JOB SOURCES. If they are really posting a job...they more then likely will not post it confidentual. Mother always says "If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is". Got another one today. Got a lil excited at first cause it said they were offering $17 for an office position and they requested that I look into it. When I clicked on the job link that said office position, it took me to a page that looked like a employment listing jobsite. BUT...It said the company was "CONFIDENTUAL" and that same " Are you thinking about furthering your educatin question with the dot to click yes or no in was there. SCAM! I also clicked on a job link on craigslist claming to be a job posting for postal jobs. Its a SCAM! When you apply for a postal job they require you to take an exam. This scam place gives you a number to call to set up a appointment or whatever for the exam. When you call...they tell you about the open job positions at the postal service...as well as some other info, and then tell you to take the exam...it will only cost you $175. WHAT!? Im pretty sure the US POSTAL SERVICE does not charge you $175 to take their exam to get employment! CRAIGSLIST HAS BECOME A BIG JOKE! ON YOU! DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING ON IT!

• Re
    Reverend Dave Nov 22, 2008

Some individual is trying to scam people out of $750.00 to save a single stray dog of heart worms. I posted that the money could feed a lot of hungry children instead of saving one sick stray dog. The ignorant OP in the pet section deleted the post. That miserable individual thinks saving one stray dog from heart worms makes more sense than feeding hungry children. What A pathetic piece of crap. Craigslist's way of thinking is.
    Screw the Children, Save a dog.

• Mi
    Mike E Roberts Nov 22, 2008

The OP should be hung by his balls.

• Ge
    George Nov 22, 2008

I have the rope. Do you have a tree?

• Pe
    Peeyoed May 29, 2009

As far as jobs I agree. I replied to a posting of a vet job once, and got back some other off the wall crap. Now, they have my email address.
    I NEVER respond to an email sent to me from craigs, unless I can tell easily and plain as day they are legit people.
    LOTS OF SCAMMERS ON CRAIGSLIST> You MUST be very shrewd in your filtering of the idiots.

• Nu
    nunya1110 Jun 30, 2009

FAIL on spelling - The following quality words were found in your post:

nuthing - Ive - Stoped - tryed - infomation - educaiton - harrasinconfidentual - g - entended - CONFIDENTAL - BECAREFUL - CONFIDENTUAL - educatin - claming

Might I suggest you actually go back to school and learn to use a spell checker before you start pointing fingers at others for your issues??

FAIL on honesty: "Since I was considering furthering my career in veterinary study I accidentally clicked yes." - Admit you clicked the link - no dishoner in honesty.

This is a lame attempt to blame someone else for your own stupidity... How happy are you now?

• Gi
    GinJ76 Sep 09, 2009

Nothing I ever list on Craigslist gets even a response. You could try to give away a Rolls Royce and still you would only get a bunch of scammers offering to pay with a phony cashiers check.

• El
    eliot Nov 12, 2009

Scammers took over my account of 2 years and started running ads on it. I am not sure how this is possible without an inside job, but it happened. They ran a bunch of scam ads and it was obvious they weren't mine because of the return email in the ad, the kind of things advertised, when all I had ever put up was a piano, a banjo and garage sales after my mom passed away. They were doing motorcycles and rental homes. I was able to get on but when I started to change the password to get rid of the problem, if thats what caused it, they said my phone number was being used for another account. Well, I had no other phone number, and had no other account. So I sent them an email. Their auto-response said they would get back to me soon as a human could read it. Nothing happened after 24 hours, then 48 hours. I kept sending emails and trying to sign on. Finally a week had passed and not one reply. The scammers had somehow gotten my phone number and opened another account with it..I guess..? But no customer service whatsoever from Craigslist. None. Plus, I am now getting weird phone calls on my cell phone and craigslist is the only possible place they could be coming from. I have had the phone number for 16 years without such a problem. Then a week after this, I get weird calls at all hours.

I happen to be a legal investigator for a lawfirm. I have made a point to tell everyone I know to not risk a real phone number and be sure and use a fax number or something when they authorize. DO NOT expect ANY customer service from them, or assistance with any crime, civil action or anything else. I use that number for the attorneys to get in touch with me at all hours, and now it rings at 3AM with dead air on the line, over and over. If anything worse happens, I will slap them with a cease & desist order.

There is no way that I can see for anyone to get a phone number off craigslist, but it happened. There is no doubt. Within an hour, I went from everything running fine, while monitoring the hits with the hit site (Lagos, Lagos, Tijuana, etc..). And an hour later, I could not get on my account and my emailbox was filling up with ad posts for rentals and motorcycles, etc. They cannot say it was a hacker that got me because I also do network and computer forensic investigations and my system, router, firewall, port scanners and logging make it proof positive they did not get it from my system. If anyone even scans a port, my system logs it and trace-routes them.

It's funny how the do-gooders are the first to cry foul when responsibility comes calling for someone to step up and do the right thing. I've lost sales of my Moms estate, I've lost the security of my only phone number, I've lost some righteous self respect! And I certainly have lost all respect for craigslist. Imagine, they got rid of me, the good honest consumer and they are left with the scmmers that stole my account. They can't keep them out, but they can keep the good people out. If scammers steal enough phone numbers, they won't have any good people left, and will have all scammers! IT's coming. Sounds like the gun lobby doesn't it. When criminals are outlawed, only criminals will have guns.. Same thing. Soon we will all have to pay for advertising on Kiji or OLX because it will be the only way to provide GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE and keep the scammers away.

• Fu
    Fudnuddler Feb 01, 2010

It does cost that much to treat heartworm. And we all make choices of how to spend money. Not even close to all donor contributions go to feeding hungry children. What about feeding malnourished AIDS patients? Or Afghan widows who are not permitted to work? Land mine victims? Children who are not hungry but are victims of sexual or physical abuse? Next time you pay more than absolutely necessary for a haircut, a cup of coffee, or a pair of shoes, think of the children you could be feeding. This is not a moral judgment on you or your posting, simply an explanation of the slippery slope of judging others' charitable giving by arbitrary standards. Are mildly malnourished children in the US more worth saving (if it were even so easy as giving $750) than child slaves in North Africa? Are they more important than an irrigation system that supports hundreds of farming families in a poor country? Effective charitable giving is incredibly challenging. When not done well it can be damaging. Please remember that when tossing around simplistic statements like this. There are a lot of uses for that $750 and no single person in a position to decide what is morally required.

• Go
    godsapple1984 Apr 19, 2010

HEY BOOG E MANN, I 100% AGREE WITH U. IT ABSOLUTELY KILLS ME WHEN I SEE ANIMALS TREATED BETTER THAN HUMANS. AND FOR U FUDNUDDLER, WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT???? U AND THE ORIGINAL POST ARE AGREEING ON THE SAME THING. U JUST WENT INTO SPECIFICS WITH IT. U R RITE ABOUT PPL CHOSE HOW THEY WANT 2 SPEND THEIR OWN MONEY, BUT MY GOODNESS, IT'S A SHAME WHEN CATS AND DOGS EAT MORE STEAKS THAN 1 HUMAN IN POOR AND 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES DO. WOW...HYPOCRISY @ ITS BEST!

• Ta
    TaxSchool Sep 01, 2010

We are a tax preparation service that is looking to hire several new employees for the tax season. We're offering real positions in a tight job market.

Craigslist is not letting us run our ads based on arguments that are not valid conerns, primarily because we have a tax course that employees need to pass in order to work for us.

Seems like a website that allows infinte questionable 'personal' ads should not have a problem with something that actually contributes to society.

Anthony T Nov 22, 2010

Carigs kist will not assist a user with any problem. They will not respond to any email questions and will provide no help to a user. They only send endless and identical "faq" responses to any question you ask.

The only solution to their aragant responses are to open another account and start over. They just don't care.

• Bb
    B-BoyHD Mar 15, 2011

I found a Nissan 350Z on Craigslist, placed the order and the seller told me a story about the car.
    The seller all of a sudden changed the purchase from craigslist to eBay. After sending the money to an eBay representative, my friend then found the same car in a different town; emailed the seller and the seller gave him a different story and attempted to sell the car to him. Ever since i asked for a refund, "eBay" and the seller stopped contacting me.

• Em
    emz3251 May 03, 2011

Just got this from an [email protected]

BEWARE!!!

Hello,

Hope you're having a pleasant day today
    You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on
    *****slist. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel
    free to pass any questions on.

My profile briefly:
    I'm Marc Donalds, 54, and a father of 2 wonderful kids, a successful
    entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network.
    I'm also a research journalist with the ENEPRI and I travel every now
    and then within and outside the US working on various independent
    projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with
    all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy
    schedule.
    I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her
    activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she
    has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a
    way. I found her previously on the *****slist website and I sincerely
    hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as
    she has been.
    Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All
    correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally.
    The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most
    times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access.
    You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see
    how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.
    Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official
    packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in
    my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities
    as my assistant amongst other things will include;
    * Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence;
    * Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring;
    * Organizing and maintaining diaries, memos and making appointments;
    * Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post;
    * Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
    * A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me
    up to date with them as they come up;
    * Arranging travel and accommodation
    * Carrying out specific projects and research;
    * Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely
    with management and other staff related to me;
    * Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
    * Handling and monitoring financial activities.
    * Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
    * You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues
    as they arise.
    * General clerical activities.
    Basic wage is $350 a week.
    Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you
    while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the
    end of each working week.

jasonallengruetzner Jun 05, 2011

I tried to sell a vehicle on craigslist and was personally flagged by them.How is it a "craigslist killer" can post contact info., sell a house, garage sell, etc w/ contact info. but not me???Anyways I let the FCC and SEC do the talkin' for me.I emailed them (co and ceo) a copy of the "open internet" policy filed last year w/ the FCC.What they are doing is UNFAIR and ILLEGAL!Here is the proof of ad w/ identifying tracking numbers... 2412422703 May 31 11 08:26:41 AM bgm cars & trucks - by owner 1996 ford explorer xlt awd.

jasonallengruetzner Jun 06, 2011

did you read the "open internet act"?...Before the

Federal Communications Commission

WC Docket No. 07-52

REPORT AND ORDER

Adopted: December 21, 2017 Released: December 23, 2017

By the Commission: Chairman Genachowski issuing a statement; Commissioner Copps

concurring and issuing a statement; Commissioner Clyburn approving in part, concurring in part

and issuing a statement; Commissioners McDowell and Baker dissenting and issuing separate

statements.

I have also included the following FCC filing which is available publicly...
    3. This process has made clear that the Internet has thrived because of its freedom

and openness—the absence of any gatekeeper blocking lawful uses of the network or picking

winners and losers online. Consumers and innovators do not have to seek permission before they

use the Internet to launch new technologies, start businesses, connect with friends, or share their

views. The Internet is a level playing field. Consumers can make their own choices about what

applications and services to use and are free to decide what content they want to access, create, or

share with others. This openness promotes competition. It also enables a self-reinforcing cycle

of investment and innovation in which new uses of the network lead to increased adoption of

broadband, which drives investment and improvements in the network itself, which in turn lead to

further innovative uses of the network and further investment in content, applications, services,

and devices. A core goal of this Order is to foster and accelerate this cycle of investment and

innovation.

jasonallengruetzner Jun 06, 2011

this would be the same as craigslist saying i cannot sell my ford in southern ny because foreign vehicles are selling better (even though they do not benefit from this).why would you flag some and not others?how is that legal to the fair trade and practices act?what if i said you couldn't get a loan from my bank but your entire neighborhood could?this is called leverage or pretty similiar to "insider trading".I am not a lawyer but it is wrong to selectively pick who you allow and who you don't w/out an excuse.kinda' like getting tsa'd at the airport!

jasonallengruetzner Jun 06, 2011

Even when i put the LAW in black and white ignorance still prevails!The above law supercedes their discretion.Ask a lawyer before you comment.You obviously must be an obama supporter!

get a life!!!

• Wi
    winds Jun 09, 2011

206-333-0528 is a seattle based number claiming to be from the http://www.aicpa.org/About/Contact/Pages/Contact.aspx claiming to be from the American Institute of CPA's. looking for bookkeepers to process foreign companies monies.

Do not give out details to these people. Contact the AICPA to post warnings on their site. Thank you.

Properties: http://co109w.col109.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-
    Tom Chris
    Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2017 14:09:54 +0100
    Subject: ATTN: LEGITIMATE ONLINE AICPA JOB OFFER
    From: [email protected]
    To: me

Dear Winds,

I got your reply to my AD on Craigslist in respect to the Company Representative

American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
    It doesn't get any more exciting than the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). One of the nation's leading nonprofit professional associations, AICPA has more than 340, 000 members in public accounting, business, education, and government. The group, which generates about half of its revenue from membership dues, promotes awareness of the accounting profession; identifies financial trends; sets certification, licensing, and professional standards; and provides information and advice to CPAs. AICPA distributes its information through websites, emails, conferences and forums, and publications. Its initiatives include programs to help implement the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and rebuild investor confidence.

We are offering a temporary part time online job which you only have to work from home and really do not require any professional skills and you will work out rightly from your home online.You really don't need to have any professional skill for this job. All we are looking for right now is an American based trustworthy, honest, and loyal individuals with a work permit to handle PAYROLL ADMINISTRATION to our clients in USA and in EUROPE.

All we require from you is few hours a day and also to pay very close attention to all instructions given to you.Your Job will be Handling all applications of new clients that will be interested in registering a company around the USA and EUROPE.

You will be entitled to 10% of each registration fee forwarded to you by customers/clients.With you reaching an average income of $500 weekly.

You will need to fill in your contact details below so that you will start working with our clients in USA and we can have your details stored in our database as our staff and once we are through with this process, we shall notify our clients in USA to send their applications to you and also their registration deposit fee via Bank Transfer or Cashier's Check which you will have to process through your financial institution on our behalf and keep all records. We will always send you instructions daily on how to carry out your job duties.

NOTE: it is compulsory to fill the details below that are asteric(*) and Ensure all the information supplied by you is correct and valid at the time of entry.

Contact Name:*
    > Nationality:*
    DOB:*
    Gender:*
    Bank Name:*

You are to get the above form filled if you are interested in this Job position.

You will be notified as soon as you have been selected for this job position after then which We shall let you know what more data will required to produce your Staff Identity Card for easy Identification and also to enable you carry out your duties as a representative of AICPA in your Area.

The ID Card will enable you for easy Identification and processing of payments made out to you at your Financial Institutions.

Your urgent response to this letter will mean a lot to Us, thank you.

Best Regards,
    Tom Chris
    VP Governmental and Public Affairs
    B.Sc, MBA, CPA(Member of AICPA)
    American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
    www.aicpa.org
    Tel:(206) 333 0528

• Do
    DoctorOnInternet Aug 05, 2011

I posted an ad for sharing an apt (my own, where I live). I kept getting bounced for the most ridiculous reasons, like not being able to put in the # of bedrooms or that a person would have his/her own br. I've read the regulations a # of times, I am a professor, so understand language quite well. I would have a reply, then get flagged -- maybe by the person who answered and who would then want no competition??? There is no one to help at CL. I strongly recommend boycotting this site, and finding alternatives.

johnjustice Aug 14, 2011

Craigslist is a well-masked scam. Since Ebay bought their stake; things have gone downhill.

• Re
    redneckgirl1982 Feb 26, 2013

Mine was Google checkout on a 2017 Jeep Cherokee for sell after sending the money theystopped all email (no response and no Jeep) I want my money back. I'm taking actions. I was lucky to find it listed but not in my area cause it was reported.