Cozy Cats NY — Cozy cats ny service
I am writing this as a customer of cozy cats, read this before buying a kitten from this breeder. Trust me it's worth the read.
I bought my Scottish fold in late August. I've been looking for a Scottish fold for a while and this was the closet breeder near me and I saw how many people bought from this breeder. I messaged this breeder saying I was interested and she told me she had a female kitten and she sent me pictures and I fell in love. I received this kitten the following day and the breeder was extremely nice when I met her. When I went home I had my kitten in my room.She started sneezing from the beginning and it wasn't just once or twice, it was excessive sneezing, she had a lot of mucus also. I texted the breeder telling her about it and she said it would go away in an hour, I'm no veterinarian but I know no sneeze goes away in an hour😒
I brought her to the veterinarian the next day, actually 8:30am to be exact, because i was extremely worried. The vet told me that my baby kitten had an upper respiratory infection and she would need samples to see if she had any other infections. After the vet I went home to feed my kitten and I waited for her to go to the bathroom, I collected her poo samples and dropped them off at the vet. 2 days later I got a phone call from the vet saying my kitten has Giardia. If you don't know what Giardia is it's basically a parasite spread through cats, they can get it through drinking water and food, and also feces.
I informed the breeder about this and she seemed concerned but she gave me some excuse, this is exactly what she said..
"The thing is it's my friends litter, I will call her now and make her pay the money. This baby was not
From my litter I was helping my friend to sell the baby because she used my male stud for services so she asked to sell it on my page. Once I will speak to her I'll get back to you promptly - I promise"
It's really funny how it's not HER kitten it's her "friends" kitten
Weeks went by and I didn't hear back from her, she told me that her and her friend got into a big argument and her "friend" refuses to pay the $670 that this kitten has cost me for her medical costs. I informed her about the lemon law and she just kept putting it off, I sent her the 'unfit for purchase ' form that my vet told me to mail to her because she should be paying for this and she still wouldn't respond. After weeks of waiting I messaged her and she said that her friend wouldn't pay the $670. She was offering to give me $150. And she also said that her "friend" would take the kitten back and give me back the money. That was an automatic no because i already created a bond with this cat spent so much money on her and my little siblings loved her.
You think this is the worst it can get? Wait there's more.
She made me send her proof of all the treatments she received which I had. I sent it to her email and waited for a response. A week later she said that she wouldn't pay the $670 because the vaccines have already been given to my cat. I addressed my vet and she said my kitten would have been too young to receive them. I told this breeder that I would get a lawyer involved because i just what her to pay what she needs to pay. It is now November 10th and I never received anything from her. My kitten still has Giardia and since she cleans her self it has given her a lip infection also.