Couchsurfing.orgCouchsurfing is a nightmare cultish community full of moochers and people who are just there to take from you what they can

H

Couchsurfing is a nightmare cultish community full of moochers and people who are just there to take from you what they can. Once you get involved in couchsurfing it is like a vortex in which you are expected to only have couch surfing friends. Furthermore, it is full of political drama with different groups of people wanting to become “city ambassadors” “country ambassadors” etc.

If you feel like you would fit in well in a cult where everyone mooches off people who have free food, a free place to live etc. Then feel free to join couch surfing.

I however, prefer to be friends with people on a bit more equal terms.

• Updated by Emre ATAKUL · Oct 03, 2019

I can’t sign in to my Cs as I have deleted my fb account. Please help

• Updated by Emre ATAKUL · Oct 04, 2019

Same problem. Yok keep making me update it for no reason. And this is the third time I am updating it. Thanks. MY PROBLEM IS STILL ON

• Kr
    Krouchka Nov 11, 2020

Bonsoir tout le monde,
    Méfiez vous du système de "vérifications" qui vous demande votre N° de carte bleu !!

Je me dit, bon allé, ça fait un bout de temps que j'utilise CS je vais me faire vérifier ! (Et j'ai déja fait un don quand ils ont demandé de l'aide..)
    Je comptais faire un autre petit don pour dépanner, mais jamais cette somme ! (comme tout le monde en ce moment, je suis dans le rouge.!!)
    Je clique sur le bouton de validation, et Là, Apparait soudainement un petit texte "Validation à vie pour 56€" en grisé et HOP!! C'était envoyé ! Pas de confirmation ni rien..
    Je vérifie sur mon compte bancaire et effectivement ils m'ont taxé cet argent !

C'est de l'abus de consentement !
    Ils ont complétement omis ce que ce clic impliquait !

Voilà comment ça se passe aujourd'hui sur CS !

Be very carefull to know what happend when you do the verification with bankcard !
    You put your card cod into the page, then click the validation button,
    There is no information about any money beeing taken until this moment !
    Then in grey is written 56€ is the amout for you to be "life validated"
    But it's too late ! They took you this amount ! Even if you have no money !

They dont inform you before, they dont ask for validation before to take your money !

This thiefs technics !

• Em
    Emre ATAKUL Oct 09, 2019

Hey CS team!
    I have been having issues about signing in to my existing account recently. I was using Facebook to sign in at all times before I deleted my account. But now I can't reach my credentials as I don't have a fb account. What should I do?

Thanks

• Pa
    Parimal Joshi Aug 04, 2019

I went on verification option. App asked me to submit my credit card details and after filling details i immediately got charged for 60$. Nothing has mentioned over there that i will get charged. It's a fraud. Please help me out to get my money back.
    Thanks and regards !

• Mi
    Mirzamirza Jan 06, 2019

I put lot of effort to manage a respective couchsurfing profile and helped people by hosting them and now my profile is removed by claiming to be violation of terms and condition. However I am sure that there was a mistake and I never violated terms and conditions.

• Lu
    Luke Dyno Donnelly Oct 28, 2018

Hi

I have reached out to Couchsurfing by email twice now and had no response.

Could you please tell me how I can permenantely delete messages and not just archive them?

If this is not possible, can I suggest it should be made to be.

Thanks

Luke

• Le
    Levi Sethi Sep 10, 2018

I levi Sethi want to cancel my verification as I am being charged money for it which I thought was a one time payment but it is repetitive. So I would like you to cancel my subscription and Not be charged in future and refund the amount due to me .
    In anticipation at the earliest thanking you
    Levi Sethi

• Ba
    Basel Ahmed Aug 28, 2018

Dear Couchsurfing team,

I wish to cancel my verification as I was not informed that there was a transaction occurring to my card i.e. I'm not accepting that this transaction to take place at all.
    my account e-mail is: [email protected]

Regards,
    Basel

• Ad
    Ada Danicka Aug 20, 2018

Hi
    I never use couchsurfing with benefits but you took from my bank account 54 euro.I send messages but o don't have answers. Can you refund money.Please about reply. My page : https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/ada-danicka

• Rb
    RBase Nov 26, 2013

Agreed. I'm a male in my mid twenties who was a member for a little over a year and gave it a try. The only positive thing I can offer is the theory - stay with people who DO want to learn about other cultures. I stayed with someone who had a great profile that expressed how much she loves learning about other cultures and such - I figured, great - sounds like me! She was in her thirties and she had a pleasant, clean appearance. I walked into her abode and found the place was moldy and dirty - a far cry from the description that she had boasted about. The picture of her likeness was certainly younger than she was in person (no biggie, but worth mentioning since the pictures were a definite contrast). Though she 'seemed' to have a pleasant and charming attitude, I can tell there was something off about her. In the duration of my stay, I made the most of my time and did make a complete effort in enjoying my host's efforts. However, I couldn't help but feel that she wanted 'more' from me. I am a straight male but am totally turned off by pushy women, and quite frankly, she came off as desperate. I wanted to explore and meet other friends from the area but she seemed to have planned my whole stay. I would have been more comfortable if some of the days were planned with a group of people and maybe she could have asked if I knew people here, but she did plan most of our eating times for two and in romantic settings. I was a bit embarrassed for her as I declined her advances and did have to suffer through the awkwardness of it all.

I am certain that, though there may be good experiences from this service, most of the people that join this type of service use it to see how lucky they can get - let's face it, the theory of 'learning from other cultures by way of couchsurfing' sounds as thick as the people who believe in it. I also believe that the people that tend to do this type of thing are people who are pervs and cougars and who are as desperate as people who call the late-night hotlines - all cloaked in being 'goodwill ambassadors' lol.