Costa Coffeedrinks

Purchased at Antelope Park, Southampton
Monday 19 November 2018 at approx 09.15
Medium Caramel & Praline hot chocolate

Dear sirs

This the FOURTH time now I have returned from Antelope park, Southampton Costa Coffee to find it's the wrong drink!

I have never bothered to go back out to change it because it would cost me time and petrol, but this occasion  is different because I ordered hot chocolate and got Latte and I can not drinking coffee. It made me sick as I took a wonderful big gulp of hot chocolate NOT!

In light of the seriousness of allergy issues recently reported in the news this is not a good thing to be happening in your stores.  I know the lady who took my order listed it correctly because I heard her tell the girl who made it, but she was busy chatting and obviously did not listen properly.

There must be a way of ensuring customers get what they order or it could prove potentially fatal one day. I suggest you impress upon staff the importance of this issue throughout your stores and when training.

You offer a wide variety of assorted drinks and they are not cheap so this is an expensive mistake  for the customer as well as inconvenient and irritating one.

I left the store today without a receipt so am unable to prove purchase, something I will not do in the future, If I return.

This mistake left me, physically sick, out of pocket, disappointed and a wast of my time.

Yours, one very annoyed customer! 😠

• Updated by Zena M · Nov 19, 2018

Still angry, would love to have a company response

• Costa Coffee's response · Nov 21, 2018

We are sorry to hear you have had a disappointing visit with Costa. So that we can address your complaint can you please confirm the following:
    Full name
    Postal address
    Email address
    Contact telephone number
    Costa Clubcard account number
    Date & Time of visit
    Store location - with postcode if possible
    Then either send us an email to [protected]@Whitbread.com
    OR
    Call us on [protected]
    We will reply to emails within 7 working days. We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your issue.